• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Luminose City's theme didn't impress me much. I thought that because it was a big city its BGM would slay, but it did nothing for me. The Team Flare grunt battle theme is amazing though. It keeps growing on me and I think it's on-par with the Team Plasma grunt battle theme now.

I still don't understand how the hell people constantly keep calling it luminose city. it's LUMIOSE.

anyway I have to say I'm not all that impressed with the battle music. it's a shame that they revealed the good ones early on and gave my high hopes for the soundtrack but so far I don't think the champion, e4, or evil team boss music captures the theme. then again, it's probably going to feel different listening to it with 3D battles for the first time but just the music alone so far hasn't been my favorite. the ones I absolutely love are the trainer battle theme and the gym battle theme.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Snowbelle & Anistar City's Music... just wow.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The power plant music sounds a little too cutesy imo; I guess I figured it would sound a bit more mysterious like the Virbank Complex music in B2/W2. Also, I expected the Kanto Legendary Pokemon theme to be just a generic remixed version of the original, but it turned out a lot better than expected. It sounds fresh yet it still retains the original notes.

diakyu

So one thing I noticed about the soundtrack is that it seems that GF is trying to go for a more atmospheric soundtrack. I think this direction is most apparent in the Gym leader music and in Santalune forest's track. It's a direction that might drive some people away, but I think it'll work out fine when everyone plays the game.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
GF has really outdone themselves with the game's soundtrack.

The overworld themes (routes and cities) are amazingly beautiful. I also love the variety of styles and arrangements. The battle themes on the other hand, are not as impressive as I thought it should be, but still great nonetheless. The rip of the tracks posted on Youtube doesn't have the best quality (too much treble, and lacks bass) so I'd wait for the whole soundtrack before I make more judgments.

Overall, this game, so far, has the most beautiful overworld themes in any Pokemon game. I still prefer B2W2 in terms of Battle themes. And I'm actually impressed with the bike theme.

They have been getting mixed reactions (certain YTubers that make Fanmade Pokemon music not liking some batttle themes called one lazy and said lol (never again).

The Kanto Legendary one.

I like the first town and Lumiose Cith the most.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I actually like the remix of the Kanto Legendary Theme, and I liek the fact that they used chiptunes for the main melody.
It's basically a throwback to the original RBY theme.

I like the Kanto remix. They called back the old one while adding a really cool sounding bassline.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I can't get into the Dendemille Town theme at all; in my opinion, it just sounds too much like the Icirrus City BGM. Snowbelle City's music is cute though. It gives me PMD vibes.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I just listened to most of what's available of the soundtrack on YouTube, and I have to say that this soundtrack is considerably more hit-or-miss with me than the nearly flawless brilliance that was Generation V's soundtrack was. I dislike that there do not appear to be individualized Gym themes, as I thought that was one of B2W2's best implementations. I also miss the "Gym Leader's Last Pokémon"-style theme, which, in my opinion, always added a lot of tension and grandeur to the Gym Leader matches, but since the awful, momentum-slaughtering "Low Health Theme" is also gone, I suppose I could say that the matter has been equalized, and I can live with that. Additionally, I am trying to be a bit more lenient with this soundtrack since it was their first time doing a fully-orchestrated soundtrack for the main series games and as such, may not have found their footing yet. But with that being said, there are a number of successes, and I can only see it getting better from here.

The tracks that I am particularly fond of are:
-Xerneas/Yveltal Battle Theme
-Team Flare Grunt/Boss Battle Themes (Although it took me a little while to... warm up... to this one. I will not apologize.)
-Champion Battle Theme
-Wild Pokémon Battle Theme
-Snowbelle City Theme
-Anistar City Theme
-Geosenge Town Theme
-Shalour City Theme
-Victory Road Theme
-Power Plant Theme
-Santalune Forest Theme
-Route 1 Theme
-Route 19 Theme
-Professor Sycamore Encounter Theme
-Bike Theme (SOOO much better than Gen V's... that was one of the very few Gen V tracks that I absolutely hated.)

The tracks that I am not very keen on are:
-Gym Leader Battle Theme
-Elite Four Battle Theme
-Korrina (Non-Gym) Battle Theme
-Camphrier Town Theme
-Santalune City Theme
-Vaniville Town Theme
-Gym Theme
-Cave Theme
-Route 2 Theme
-Professor Sycamore Lab Theme

And I'm torn on Lumiose City theme. On one hand, it's a perfectly fine theme, but on the other, I could easily see it becoming very annoying, especially considering how big Lumiose City is.

Last edited:

outoftheordinary

Dreaming of Greece
Oh my god. I'm in love with the Team Flare Grunt Battle Music. Wow!

Last edited:

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
The legendary theme for Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde sounds so epic and grand. Especially the beginning, making it seem very...."final".

Wolfaotic

send smeargles
The soundtrack is released the day before my B day. I like the wild battle theme and the Team Flare theme.
1 MORE DAY I CAN DO THIS THING!!!

arekuso

For now, I'm absolutely in love with the general musical atmosphere of the game. Also I love the contrast between the map and the battle tunes. Electric guitar for the win !

From what I have heard, X/Y has a very nice track with classic songs even remixed a bit,such as in battle!
I can only hope they bring back that item like in heartgold/soulsilver for full on GB music =D!

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Last edited:

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
Lumiose City. That is all. I'm off to play the game some more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.