• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKMaster2

Catching them all.
I was not super suprised with this gen. for music, but there were some good ones. Some.
The gym battle theme sounded like some top-billboard techno band, then fell like a brick after about 15 seconds. Repetitive and dull.
I dont remember the E4 theme, so i cant say.
The champion theme was pretty good, but nothing beats Cynthias theme or Steves.
For some reason, i LOVE Laveree (help ze spellingz) and Anistar city's theme. It just sounded relaxing, but not as creepy to the point where its like they crapped out a Lavender town remake.
Thats all I can remember, but if you ask, I think Gen 4 and 3's music was the best. Although Gen 3 had the same sounds (In Firered, you could hear some of the notes from Ruby.)

Gen 4. was an amazing step up from Gen. 3 for music. So its no.1!

Aerolyte

Shiny Raichu
Why does the pokemon league sound like a Chinese festival

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Why does the pokemon league sound like a Chinese festival

Now that you've said it... it does sound like an Imperial theme. But I never had that impression until I've read this. I've always thought that it sounds medieval.

Aerolyte

Shiny Raichu
Now that you've said it... it does sound like an Imperial theme. But I never had that impression until I've read this. I've always thought that it sounds medieval.

It does sound a little bit midevil.
Like they had a baby or something.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Route 4's music was the most heavenly theme I had ever heard for a pokemon game. I instantly imagined myself in France upon hearing this theme. Very sophisticated for pokemon music.

Shalour City had a really mystical quality to it. A nice blend of eastern and western instruments.

Upon hearing the music for the Tower of Mastery, I felt like I had arrived at some otherworldly place. It reminded of Celestial Tower, but instead of a place of death, it was a place of life and discovery.

Anistar City was one of the most emotionally moving tracks I've heard in a pokemon game, right up there with N's Farewell. It embodies a sense of sorrow and loneliness that we experience at times. Yet it also sounds very hope filled. It is hard to describe accurately.

DoA1987

Master Strategist
I was psyched about the Gym music. The E4 was great I love GF using the Synthbass. The sure learned a lot from Dead or Alive in the 80s and 90s

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
If there was one particular piece that stood out to me....

It's defiantly the legendary battle theme. I like how it's heroic and dramatic at the same time and really has that majestic feel to it as if you really battling something powerful. I think it's vastly superior to the main legendary themes from generations 4 and 5 by a long shot.

NightFall00

Trainer of the Night
Personally I prefer Snowbelle City's music. Almost sounds like an old Christmas tune.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I liked the music when you encountered Zygrade, its beats and tunes were good :)

That's the legendary music! And it is EPIC. I replayed the Xerneas battle over 30 times (primarily for good IVs) to hear that track AND hear it's scream, AND to watch it use Geomancy. Actually, that entire sequence was just amazing. Shame they make you...

SPOILERS
Fight Lysandre right after you catch it. >:I

(not really spoilers, but I'm sure somebody will complain about it)

sagittar

Hi remind me to change this
Has anyone ever stopped and listened to the gate music?
I actually enjoyed it this generation.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Has anyone ever stopped and listened to the gate music?
I actually enjoyed it this generation.

you mean the parfum palace gate or other gates?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I'm glad the music is on itunes. I haven't noticed quite a few songs that I may have just plain missed while I was sucked into what the game was doing.

Scary House
Anistar City
An Eternal Prison
The Ultimate Weapon Deployed
Firing the Ultimate Weapon
AZ
Victory Road
The Sun Shines Down

The climax was so good musically.

sagittar

Hi remind me to change this
I like the theme that plays when you run into Tierno and Trevor (or the entire group as a whole). It's got that catchy, bouncy, upbeat feel. Same goes for both the rival encounter and rival battle themes.

Other favorites of mine are Anistar City (for some reason it gives me "Billie Jean" vibes) the Kanto remix battle theme, and the Elite 4 battle theme. I also like the Champion theme, but not as much as I did Alder's from BW1.

Status
Not open for further replies.