• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I actually like the remix of the Kanto Legendary Theme, and I liek the fact that they used chiptunes for the main melody.
It's basically a throwback to the original RBY theme.

UUughghghguhuhg. Chiptune. I haven't listened to any of the music besides the Trainer Battle because it's the one thing that I want to experience as I play, so I'm really looking forward to getting to this point.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I am really determined to experience the music as I play and not ruin everything for myself beforehand like with B/W2, but what I've heard so far playing the game is pretty impressive. I'm only just past Lumiose City and none of the tracks particularly stand out to me, but it's a very nice soundtrack so far. The Pokemart theme in Aquacorde really made me smile, though.

Bionickai001

Hive Trainer
I absolutely love the bells of the Champion's theme. After the disappointing themes of Alder and Iris, I'm just so excited.

ebevan91

I love the Xerneas battle theme (I guess its Yveltal's and Zygarde's too?). I just listened to it on Youtube :)

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Ive only listened to the Gym Leader battle music and the music to battle Zygrade. Both were good, but the Gym Leader music is very catchy. I still have the tune in my head. This will make Gyms very enjoyable for me. I might just stall the Gym Battle simply to listen to the music. I did that all the time back in 2002-2004 XD

Edit: Music to battle to can really make the difference. It's one of the things that kinda motivates me in Battle Frontiers, I battle to listen to those Frontier Brains music, and for the prints too.

ebevan91

Do they still have music for when the gym leaders are down to 1 Pokemon, or when your Pokemons health is low? I hated those in 5th gen because it ruined epic battles.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Do they still have music for when the gym leaders are down to 1 Pokemon, or when your Pokemons health is low? I hated those in 5th gen because it ruined epic battles.

I also hated that. I especially hated it when fighting Alder and the Unova Elite Four, they had some great battle music and then they score a critical hit and then the music goes all panic mode, ruining the vibe. I know my Pokemon is low on health. That's what the alarm bell is for. I also didn't like that cheesy music that played when you got the Gym Leader down to one Pokemon. The music they had going was good enough. I hope Kalos doesn't have all that.

Chimungus

I LOVE the new Elite 4 theme ( and the new elite 4 in general ) I think it's the best sounding one yet!

MG2123

I absolutely love the Team Flare themes. The Victory Road may very well be the very best in the series, until Gen VII. I'm also very fond of the Cave theme.

I'll listen to the rest of the game's music when I get the game tomorrow.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Just listened to the Route 19, Gym Leader battle, and Elite Four battle themes. I liked the Route 19 BGM; it's nothing too special but it sounds fresh and adventurous at least. The Gym Leader battle and Elite Four battle themes on the other hand, did nothing for me. I usually get excited when I listen to battle themes because they're meant to pump your adrenaline, but these seemed subpar imo.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Someone on YouTube posted game footage of their battle with Xerneas a few days ago. Nevermind how gorgeous the graphics looked, but the music was just so beyond extraordinary that I ended up looping it for hours on end, haha. I don't know if Yveltal's is the same, but watching that is really what gave me the final push to choose Pokemon X. I highly recommend checking it out, assuming the account hasn't been slapped with copyright claims yet - it had nothing but music leaks up.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
I love how some of these BGMs seems to reflect the spirit of the Cities' Gym Leaders. Especially Ramos, Valerie & Olympia's hometowns (Courmaline, Laverre & Anistar city respectively).

ebevan91

Someone on YouTube posted game footage of their battle with Xerneas a few days ago. Nevermind how gorgeous the graphics looked, but the music was just so beyond extraordinary that I ended up looping it for hours on end, haha. I don't know if Yveltal's is the same, but watching that is really what gave me the final push to choose Pokemon X. I highly recommend checking it out, assuming the account hasn't been slapped with copyright claims yet - it had nothing but music leaks up.

Zygarde's music is the same as Xerneas's music so I'm assuming Yveltal's music is also the same. Anyway, I know which channel you're talking about. I remember listening to the BW2 music on there and now I'm doing it with the XY music.

725roy

ambivolent
I will say, an really underrated song that can be heard is when you're in the actual Elite Four building. While it may just be violins with an underlying theme, it is quite atmosphereic, and really sets the tone for the final battles.

It can be heard in here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER4nMAGR70o (After the battle with the Champion)

ReddShope

Arc Lord
While the music is phenomenal, does anyone else long for the GBA sound modifier HGSS had? I understand it basically only fit with that game, but those sounds.... so nostalgic....

725roy

ambivolent
While the music is phenomenal, does anyone else long for the GBA sound modifier HGSS had? I understand it basically only fit with that game, but those sounds.... so nostalgic....

I honestly don't see how that could work in this game. There are no reused tracks in this game, so it's not like they even could...

@(P.O.K.E.M.O.N), you mean Emotion for X and Y?

Janovy

Banned
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.