• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zealot

At first, I didn't like the music in XY. They're too... medieval, imo. But then they grew on me. I especially like the Pokeball Factory theme!

My top 3 favorite music in Pokemon X/Y would have to be these three.

1. Laverre City- It sounds so magical as if it were just out of a fairy tail book.

2. Fireworks theme- Probably the first romantic piece of music I've ever heard in Pokemon. It was short and looped a lot, but I still liked it.

3. At first, I didn't really like how this theme started out. Then at fifteen seconds, it bursts out into pure awesomeness!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Somehow, my favourite Route music in X and Y is the one of Route 18. It sounds so epic and it is fitting for a final route theme, particularly at Route 21.

TioJorge

Constantly Kookoo
My absolute favorite track is the Pokeball Factory theme. It is so furggin' groovy! The Anistar theme is also very soothing and pretty. Last but not least, the Clothing Store theme is a lot of fun.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I felt that most of the route and town music was really great in these games, but it's probably because they sound orchestrated. There's also a wider range of music styles between the towns, and I really liked Anistar's and Shalour's mystical theme. The Pokemon League music here is my favorite of all the games.

Bananarama

The light is coming
Although XY don't have my favorite music in Pokémon, the music in these games is still spectacular. I love how a good portion of the music is French inspired, but if I had to pick a favorite, I'd say the music from Laverre City is my favorite.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Anistar city's music sounds so mysterious I just love it and Coumarine city's music sounds good too almost like a ballad. My favourite battle music from these games is Diantha's.

brilly

This game has the best city and route themes, and the medieval feels, that i think i would never see in Pokemon, fits perfectly the region and the adventure vibe.

One thing that I really miss are the dark themes in generation 1 and 2. Between gens III and V, almost all routes had a "go luck" feel, with a emotional song here and there. In XY the soudtrack is not so happy, but i want to listen again creepy songs like Team rocket hideout, Ilex Forest, Lighthouse, dark cave, Pokemon Mansion etc... This danger vibe got lost in the first games, and it was so epic!

XY has the best overworld theme of the franchise, but not the best battle themes, excluding Lysandre and Team Plasma ones, that are great.

Sycamore theme, Victory Road, Snowbelle, Anistar, the credits are just beautiful.

The champion theme to me was bland as Iris was. Not that I dislike it, but i always hope the most electrifying theme for the champion, and not a relax song. Though it fits Dianta, who is an elegant, friendly and calm woman. But I wouldn't like this to be a pattern. Steven, Lance, Blue and Cynthia's were much more exciting, IMO.

I think the gen V gym battle theme is actually a bit too happy sounding and it almost sounds to me like something that belongs to a mario kart starting screen
the perfect balance of intense and exciting for me would be sinnoh's gym battle theme but i do prefer a more somber sounding theme for battles which is why i think XY's battle theme us better than BW

I completly agree. I prefer XY battle themes than gen 5, though it's not the best battle songs of all games. Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh have the best battle themes, with the intensity and darkness, that lacks in the other regions. XY battles in my opinion, sometimes are just confusing and lacking. Not terrible, though.

Did anyone else buy the OST off iTunes, set it to shuffle, and have to sit through the PR Video stuff? I dislike those a bit, but the rest of the soundtrack is fantastic.

Since it was the first main series game with 3D battles, I feel like the music tried to almost reference the feelings given during the Stadium and Orre games. The Gym Leader and Elite Four Battle themes are prime examples, more atmospheric, like Colosseum's Cipher Admin battle, but still thrilling.

And the Pokéball Factory's theme really reminded me and my friends of the Shadow Pokémon Factory theme from Colo. and XD. Both are the best out of their games.

But lord, I got to Route 15 right before a camping trip in the fall, and where I live the trees were full of bright autumn colors... That was an absolutely fantastic song to have in my head for a whole weekend.

Other than that, I feel like X/Y had the best town and route themes that we had seen in a long time. Stuff like Geosenge, Cyllage, Laverre, Snowbelle, and the Botique theme (aka, the reason I want trainer customization to become a staple) are fantastic to listen to whenever. Sure, GF experimented a lot like in BW2, but hopefully that will pay off when Sun and Moon hit.

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
*pokes signature*
Snowbelle City is love. I refuse to leave this place until I find the time and motivation to go the Kalos League. Seriously, I left my 3DS on one night just listening to it and I had one of the best sleep!

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
XY had some fantastic tracks! Though the overall sound of Kalos is happier than previous regions (IMO).

I still loved the OST xD. Have to say the "Friend Encounter" theme, Korrina's theme, Route 15, The victory road, the Elite four and especially the champion theme are all fantastic!

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
The Team Flare battle music and Diantha battle music are really cool. I especially like the bells in Diantha's theme (apparently I have a thing for bells: I like the Mystic Mansion music from Sonic Heroes for the same reason).

I love so much of the music from X and Y.

Pokeball Factory, Lysandre's Theme, Snowbelle Town, Gym and Elite 4 Battle Music, Fireworks Scene - it was all tremendous.

My all time favourite music from any games though is still Unwavering Emotions from Black 2. That one hits me in the feels every time.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
My favorite XY track is Anistar City's BGM. It was one of the most emotionally moving tracks I've heard in a Pokemon game since Ecruteak City's BGM. It embodies a sense of sorrow and loneliness.

Nakashima

I'm not that into the music of the games tbh. I like the tunes dont get me wrong, but its not to the point where I have a favorite or even know what tune goes where.

My daughter on the other hand.. She will dance to the bicycle one for ages. She'll actually get sad if I ride into another town because the music changes. Needless to say I'm getting a little tired of that particular tune myself, LOL.

NPT

Just a member
X/Y has some great tracks. I especially like the wild Pokémon battle theme, Xerneas/Yveltal theme. Snowbelle City, route 8, route 18, Shalour City, Santalune forest, bike theme, champion theme and the fireworks theme.

Not a fan of the trainer battle theme though.

Status
Not open for further replies.