1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Wulava, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Sαpphire

Sαpphire Well-Known Member

I didn't realize it until today, but I really love the music in Dendemille Town and Anistar City. X and Y started a trend - that's since continued - of main series Pokemon games having brilliant music, but those two stood out to me recently as I was finishing up another play-through of X.

FullmetalJackie likes this.
  2. FowTech95

FowTech95 Random Passerby

As much as the soundtrack is beautiful, I think it is easily forgettable. The only ones that stayed on my mind are the Gym Leader theme, Pokéball Factory, and Snowbelle Town (probably my favorite in the OST). Sadly, I get the "meh" feeling from the other themes.

3. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

Eh, Dendemille Town's BGM sounds like the Icirrus City BGM to me. It's like GF was too lazy to make an original melody, so they reused the same chord progression.

4. LadyTriox

LadyTriox ~Korrina in her little white dress :) <3~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzzS2S1xbuQ
    KORRINA IS SO AWESOME. Honestly i think her 'successor' part of the game was my favorite part of the game even before i became a super huge fan of her JUST CUZ i was using a pokemon other than my starter at that part....and it was like the only time i ever mega evolved in the game lol cuz of my stupid single training plan xP still, awesome part of the game. So worth it. And i wish i didn't forget how awesome the music to that part was until now lol

5. DarkLeviathan

DarkLeviathan Banned

My favorite music in these games was Diantha's battle music, which had a snazzy and epic sound to it. Dendemille's theme music was pretty too and Coumarine's BGM had a retro vibe going on.

6. So I just bought the OST on iTunes and I'm remembering how cool this music is. If Gen 6 did something right, it was the badass yet bloody beautiful music. Highlights of the OST include:

Diantha Battle
    Dendemille Town
    Anistar City
    Gym Leader Battle
    Elite Four Battle
    EMMA'S THEME (it actually gave me physical chills)
    Lysandre Battle
    Xerneas/Yveltal Battle
    KISEKI (brought me to tears at Symphonic Evolutions, still does)
    Successor Korrina Battle
    Sycamore's Theme
    How About A Song? "An Unwavering Heart"
    AZ's Theme

And probably a bunch more I've forgotten...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  7. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

The music that plays when you battle the Legendary Birds and Mewtwo is my favorite, followed by Lysandre's theme music.

8. XlordgoldX

XlordgoldX Hi 5s & stage dives

As much as team flare makes my eyes roll, their battle theme is really cool. Its a nice soundtrack to all those ohko's ive been sending their way.

9. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

In terms of town and city background music in X/Y, Hakudan (Santalune) City's festive music is my favorite, and the Flare-dan's battle theme music is my favorite X/Y battle soundtrack.

10. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

There's a lot of music from XY that I enjoy, but my favorite tracks are probably the Battle! Wild Pokemon theme, because it's so upbeat and energetic; AZ's theme, because it's so heartfelt and sad; Laverre's theme, because it sounds so whimsical and fairy tale-ish; Anistar City, because it reminds me of Temporal Tower's theme from Mystery Dungeon; and Snowbelle City, because it starts out kind of melancholy and ends a little more hopeful and triumphant.

11. Italianbaptist

Italianbaptist Informed Casual

Started thinking about Sycamore's theme this morning and it reminded me that the music and overall atmosphere is one of the major reasons why I enjoy these games so much. Also props to the clothing store music.

12. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I love the theme music of the boutiques, even though it's a short tune and cuts off awkwardly. It was an amazing track though, if only because it was one of X/Y's few techno-inspired tracks.

13. GarchompTheAssassin

GarchompTheAssassin Squirtle was Ash's 1st choice

The overworld music of this generation was possibly the best in the whole series IMO
    My favourites are: Lumiose City, Laverre City, Snowbelle City, Shalour City, the Mega Evolution Tower, Pokeball Factor, a couple of routes (forgetting which numbers) and more

14. LadyTriox

LadyTriox ~Korrina in her little white dress :) <3~

Korrina Mega Successor Theme and Shalour City theme for the win ;3

Also kalos had awesome route music in general.

...Annnnd i'm such a korrina fangirl its not funny haha^^

15. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Shara City's (Shalour's) theme music never appealed to me much since it's kind of sleepy and subdued, although I liked Corni's (Korrina's) successor battle music. It's just a shame that it's only heard once.

16. gentwoer

gentwoer Well-Known Member

XY has probably my favorite score of any Pokemon games. Having not yet played gen 7 but in order

XY
    Black and White
    Gold and Silver
    Red and Blue
    Diamond and Pearl
    Ruby and Sapphire

as far as music goes

17. FullmetalJackie

FullmetalJackie Well-Known Member

The Team Flare grunt battle music is godly and it kind of reminds me of a funkier version of the Team Galactic battle bgm.

18. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

The Team Flare music reminds me more of Team Plasma's music actually. Lysandre's theme song was by far the coolest theme music from the organization though.

19. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

My personal music ranking would actually be the reverse of this. I just don't feel like X/Y's composers did a good job making memorable music. The Kalos end credits theme for instance sounds like the kind of music you'd hear while on hold with customer service.

20. Denko Sekka

Denko Sekka Well-Known Member

The Anistar theme is amazing for such a bland city. Also, Dendemille's theme is underrated as heck.