• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisymareep

Beware the cuteness
I love coumarine music. I wish I can live there.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I hate to say it, but the Team Flare grunts' theme isn't too great. I was expecting something more intense from them.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
I really enjoy the Pokemon Center theme in this game. The guitar is really beautiful and is more relaxing and laid back that it ever was in past gens. Kudos to Game Freak on that one.

Pokefan1905

I love the 'rising star' and 'ace trainer' theme, it has a pop/rock feel to it

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I hate to say it, but the Team Flare grunts' theme isn't too great. I was expecting something more intense from them.

I thought the same at first, but it grew on me. I think it's a great song, personally. What disappointed me was how the leader's theme was too similar. It was great theme in itself, but I was expecting the song to be more unique.

The gym leader theme, as well as every song from Victory Road to the end were amazing, though.

outoftheordinary

Dreaming of Greece
Wow, Anistar City's theme is absolutely gorgeous. As soon as I arrived in the city, I just stopped walking to appreciate it. I love it.

Last edited:

Crazedyanma

Cyclipse
As a fan of EDM, I LOVE EVERY THEME IN THIS GAME. Had I listened to the "preschooler" one any longer, I would've cried (It reminds me of someone in my life).

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Say, does anyone know if there are any other houses with people in them that will play music from old games? So far, I've only found the one in Coumarine that plays "Emotion" from BW (Game Freak made me have a sad... :() and the one in either Couriway or Snowbelle (I can't remember which) that plays the Jubilife City theme.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Route 15 shocked me with its absolutely stellar music. Probably one of, if not the best route music ever, easily matching Unova's Route 10 and Sinnoh's Route 216. My faith in the game's music has been renewed. For now.

Ludakrix

Legen-waitforit-dary
Not exactly the music, but the sound effects are the same as Colosseum and XD, which I enjoy as the Pokemon even look similar as to what they did in those games. So far I'm only past the first gym but I'm loving this game so far, and the music and SFX really put it over the top

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Route 15 shocked me with its absolutely stellar music. Probably one of, if not the best route music ever, easily matching Unova's Route 10 and Sinnoh's Route 216. My faith in the game's music has been renewed. For now.

I really liked Route 8 as well.

I've found that this game has a lot of tracks that stick out, and overall is composed and arranged very well. Huge step up for me over the B/W soundtrack, and I haven't even finished the game yet. The OST release can't come soon enough.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
The fact that you can choose between four battle themes in the Battle Maison makes it much more interesting to fight there. I'm only disappointed you can't select the Elite 4 theme there, because that's a fantastic theme.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I just posted this in the Discovery Thread, but there's a house in Snowbelle with an NPC that will play you a remixed Jubilife City theme, it's quite good.

Kiraro

The music in this game is so charming! I absolutely love it. My favorites have got to be the rival's theme and Laverre City's song.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I really liked Route 8 as well.

I've found that this game has a lot of tracks that stick out, and overall is composed and arranged very well. Huge step up for me over the B/W soundtrack, and I haven't even finished the game yet. The OST release can't come soon enough.

It's interesting, B/W are sort of the standard of music I'm judging the game by, but I'm still quite doubtful if X/Y truly lives up to the standards set by them. There's no denying that in terms of sound quality alone it's a step up, but I'm at Dendemille Town at the moment and I can honestly say that so far only about three or four tracks have stood out to me as notable pieces of music. I can say that the tracks overall are smart, pleasant and are more than suited to their purpose, but very few have actually really... grabbed my attention musically. It seems like a lot of the tracks are very typical of their contextual archetypes and I'm really struggling to see any real steps forward taken forward with things like instrumentation and genre (with the exception of Shalour). I'm sincerely hoping that my opinion changes over time and I'll come to recognise the soundtrack as being the best Game Freak have produced, but for now there just isn't much I'm finding interesting musically with the game, bar a select few. Which is a shame really, because I really was very much looking forward to experiencing X/Y's soundtrack first-hand after ruining every single one of B/W2's tracks months in advance.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
It's interesting, B/W are sort of the standard of music I'm judging the game by, but I'm still quite doubtful if X/Y truly lives up to the standards set by them. There's no denying that in terms of sound quality alone it's a step up, but I'm at Dendemille Town at the moment and I can honestly say that so far only about three or four tracks have stood out to me as notable pieces of music. I can say that the tracks overall are smart, pleasant and are more than suited to their purpose, but very few have actually really... grabbed my attention musically. It seems like a lot of the tracks are very typical of their contextual archetypes and I'm really struggling to see any real steps forward taken forward with things like instrumentation and genre (with the exception of Shalour). I'm sincerely hoping that my opinion changes over time and I'll come to recognise the soundtrack as being the best Game Freak have produced, but for now there just isn't much I'm finding interesting musically with the game, bar a select few. Which is a shame really, because I really want to like X/Y's soundtrack.

Hmm, I could say almost the exact same thing about B/W soundtrack. It was okay, but very little stood out to me. In my opinion, it's the weakest of all the games. I find X/Ys tracks just more interesting to listen to overall, and they seem more varied.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I really like the Power Plant, it's actually reused for the PokeBall Factory as well.

That one is a favorite of mine as well. Route 15 and whatever other Route with the song is also amazing. I prefer it over Unova Route 10. I'm also willing to say this Victory Road theme is my favorite of all region now.

Status
Not open for further replies.