• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bushie

I love snowbelle city theme especially when it snows. your hometown music is also great. very new agey. I listen to it all the time.

Tepig2000

Number #1 Tepig Fan
There's not a single music track I don't like in this game. The soundtrack is one of the best ones I've ever seen. My favorite one is Professor Sycamore's theme.

koolacea

koolacea
All the music is great but I just love the easter egg in snowbelle city where one house can change the music to snowpoint city in Sinnoh! My all-time favourite generation! (and my first)

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

-chazz-

Pokemon master
I played the entire game without sound and now that i've completed it ive been everywhere and done everything with the music on, the themes in the games are brilliant.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I still only care for a few themes in X/Y; the rival battle theme, Dendemille Town theme, Flare battle theme and Champion battle theme are all good imo, but those are the only ones that I still care for. X/Y had the most unimpressive BGM in general thus far in my humble opinion.

Impreza

XY had some great music - my favorite being the E4 theme. Lysandre's theme, the Champion music, and the rival theme were all pretty good too. I also loved how you could play the Emotion theme from BW in that random house in Coumarine.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I think you're one of the few with this opinion, from what I've seen people generally like it. What is it about it that you don't like?

It's hard to believe that. Boutique theme is always the same high pitch generic notes (except its intro) which is ~20 seconds length and right after it we get an abrupt moment of silence until it loops again. That is way too obvious since I'm used to those Pokémon themes where its ending is so well masked that I don't even notice when it is starting again. The boutique theme gets old way too fast and it's not easy to hear, you see?

It's way too monotonous and generic for me to handle it. I truly abhor that theme!

I can understand some of those qualms with the tune. I'm not at all sure about it being too hard to hear, but I can see how the looping might be not so great, and how they may have wanted to add more to it. That said, I still think that the tune is pretty good, especially with the neat synth it's got going on.

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
I really love the boutique theme. I also like the Sycamore battle music and when you battle your rival. Also, the remix of the old Pokemart theme when you go into speciality shops is a nice throwback.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
It's hard to believe that. Boutique theme is always the same high pitch generic notes (except its intro) which is ~20 seconds length and right after it we get an abrupt moment of silence until it loops again. That is way too obvious since I'm used to those Pokémon themes where its ending is so well masked that I don't even notice when it is starting again. The boutique theme gets old way too fast and it's not easy to hear, you see?

It's way too monotonous and generic for me to handle it. I truly abhor that theme!

It's not actually silent at any point, there's the spot where the main melody stops, but there's still a very clear bassline.

I see it as short, but sweet. It all fits together very well, I don't mind that it loops often.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
It's not actually silent at any point, there's the spot where the main melody stops, but there's still a very clear bassline.

I see it as short, but sweet. It all fits together very well, I don't mind that it loops often.

The high pitch notes do stop which makes the looping too obvious. I can't find it sweet in any way since it sounds so generic like those poor soundtracks from some weak eshop games.

Interesting how there are people who appreciate this tune. It's actually astonishing!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
The high pitch notes do stop which makes the looping too obvious. I can't find it sweet in any way since it sounds so generic like those poor soundtracks from some weak eshop games.

Interesting how there are people who appreciate this tune. It's actually astonishing!

It's the simplicity that makes it good in my opinion. It's not a complicated track at all.

Floette

Fennekin
The music in the Strange House near Reversal Mountain was fittingly creepy. It might have been the thunderstorm outside combined with the moving furniture and ghost girl, but I found the music to be quite effective in telling the story of the house. Well done to the artist :p

Status
Not open for further replies.