• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I didn't realize it until today, but I really love the music in Dendemille Town and Anistar City. X and Y started a trend - that's since continued - of main series Pokemon games having brilliant music, but those two stood out to me recently as I was finishing up another play-through of X.

FowTech95

Random Passerby
As much as the soundtrack is beautiful, I think it is easily forgettable. The only ones that stayed on my mind are the Gym Leader theme, Pokéball Factory, and Snowbelle Town (probably my favorite in the OST). Sadly, I get the "meh" feeling from the other themes.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzzS2S1xbuQ
KORRINA IS SO AWESOME. Honestly i think her 'successor' part of the game was my favorite part of the game even before i became a super huge fan of her JUST CUZ i was using a pokemon other than my starter at that part....and it was like the only time i ever mega evolved in the game lol cuz of my stupid single training plan xP still, awesome part of the game. So worth it. And i wish i didn't forget how awesome the music to that part was until now lol

My favorite music in these games was Diantha's battle music, which had a snazzy and epic sound to it. Dendemille's theme music was pretty too and Coumarine's BGM had a retro vibe going on.

So I just bought the OST on iTunes and I'm remembering how cool this music is. If Gen 6 did something right, it was the badass yet bloody beautiful music. Highlights of the OST include:

Diantha Battle
Dendemille Town
Anistar City
Gym Leader Battle
Elite Four Battle
EMMA'S THEME (it actually gave me physical chills)
Lysandre Battle
Xerneas/Yveltal Battle
KISEKI (brought me to tears at Symphonic Evolutions, still does)
Successor Korrina Battle
Sycamore's Theme
How About A Song? "An Unwavering Heart"
AZ's Theme

And probably a bunch more I've forgotten...

Last edited:

Daizy

I call you honey
The music that plays when you battle the Legendary Birds and Mewtwo is my favorite, followed by Lysandre's theme music.

XlordgoldX

Hi 5s & stage dives
As much as team flare makes my eyes roll, their battle theme is really cool. Its a nice soundtrack to all those ohko's ive been sending their way.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In terms of town and city background music in X/Y, Hakudan (Santalune) City's festive music is my favorite, and the Flare-dan's battle theme music is my favorite X/Y battle soundtrack.

Cat's Eye Draco

There's a lot of music from XY that I enjoy, but my favorite tracks are probably the Battle! Wild Pokemon theme, because it's so upbeat and energetic; AZ's theme, because it's so heartfelt and sad; Laverre's theme, because it sounds so whimsical and fairy tale-ish; Anistar City, because it reminds me of Temporal Tower's theme from Mystery Dungeon; and Snowbelle City, because it starts out kind of melancholy and ends a little more hopeful and triumphant.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Started thinking about Sycamore's theme this morning and it reminded me that the music and overall atmosphere is one of the major reasons why I enjoy these games so much. Also props to the clothing store music.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
The overworld music of this generation was possibly the best in the whole series IMO
My favourites are: Lumiose City, Laverre City, Snowbelle City, Shalour City, the Mega Evolution Tower, Pokeball Factor, a couple of routes (forgetting which numbers) and more

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Korrina Mega Successor Theme and Shalour City theme for the win ;3

Also kalos had awesome route music in general.

...Annnnd i'm such a korrina fangirl its not funny haha^^

Leonhart

Imagineer
Korrina Mega Successor Theme and Shalour City theme for the win ;3

Also kalos had awesome route music in general.

...Annnnd i'm such a korrina fangirl its not funny haha^^

Shara City's (Shalour's) theme music never appealed to me much since it's kind of sleepy and subdued, although I liked Corni's (Korrina's) successor battle music. It's just a shame that it's only heard once.

gentwoer

XY has probably my favorite score of any Pokemon games. Having not yet played gen 7 but in order

XY
Black and White
Gold and Silver
Red and Blue
Diamond and Pearl
Ruby and Sapphire

as far as music goes

Daizy

I call you honey
The Team Flare grunt battle music is godly and it kind of reminds me of a funkier version of the Team Galactic battle bgm.

The Team Flare music reminds me more of Team Plasma's music actually. Lysandre's theme song was by far the coolest theme music from the organization though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
gentwoer said:
XY has probably my favorite score of any Pokemon games. Having not yet played gen 7 but in order

XY
Black and White
Gold and Silver
Red and Blue
Diamond and Pearl
Ruby and Sapphire

as far as music goes

My personal music ranking would actually be the reverse of this. I just don't feel like X/Y's composers did a good job making memorable music. The Kalos end credits theme for instance sounds like the kind of music you'd hear while on hold with customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.