1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwitchyAssTaillow

TwitchyAssTaillow Active Member

Man seems like yesterday I was playing Pokemon on the Gameboy... I'm really looking forward to this too. I guess the one thing that I won't be able to do is plan out which Pokemon to be as my finalized party seeing as how this game is supposed to be a worldwide release. I guess it's probably best if I surprise myself as to who I can find and catch. The starters don't look to bad, and Fennekin seems like a potential starter for me... but I could still change my mind.

There is so much curiosity...

2. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

Darn it, its like BW2 :/ and tis set for my birth-month XD I hope my 'rents buy me a 3DS or PKMN X when its close XD nya~

3. afterlife

afterlife Member

I'm very glad and grateful that Nintendo made themselves the challenge to release X & Y worldwide at the same time, big kudos to them!

Now, I will have to start saving money to buy a 3DS.

4. jireh the provider

jireh the provider Video Game Designer

THIS IS OFFICIALLY A GUINNESS BOOK OF POKEWORLD RECORD!

Coming worldwide together on OCTOBER 2013!

Sweet alleluia unexpected awesomeness! Too bad I live in said address above location. Which means I HAVE TO WAIT POSSIBLY a day or week later! But one thing I pray, it WILL BE RELEASED ON LAUNCH DAY LIKE YOU AMERICANS AND JAPANESE TOO. Finally happened to us with English Black and White 2 last year.

5. Jimmy1

Jimmy1 Pokemon Master

No more need to import games and play like a toddler!

6. Ausgirl

Ausgirl Well-Known Member

I think I might get both versions -one in English and the other in Japanese- for RNG purposes. That is assuming the 3DS can play games with different languages as I've only bought English language games before.

So I'm guessing the deer-like pkmn is for Pokemon X and the cool bird-like pokemon is for Pokemon Y? Cos of the blue and red in the logo's.

7. carboncopy

carboncopy (-) (-) (-) (-)

Isn't the 3ds region locked ?

Deer has an X pupil and Bird is shaped like a Y

8. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

Yes. It is region-locked. So, @Fearless, unless you have a Japanese 3DS, you can't play a Japanese 3DS game on a non-Japanese 3DS.

9. Ausgirl

Ausgirl Well-Known Member

Well there goes that idea, lol.

10. devildog201306

devildog201306 Event Collector

Its about time they did a worldwide release, the last few games came out i was all over the place getting info before it came out, and knew a lot of what happened so it all being new will be awesom plus that means we will all play first time together and now all we need is to get them to have all the events they release in japan to be worldwide and for us to get those awesome Pikachu 3DSxl and Charizard 3DSxl,,
    Awesome Job to Pokemon the games look amazing and the legends along with it. Cant wait to get my hands on these :D

11. Raguna

Raguna Magikarp. The best.

Hey, I just realised something... with the game coming on the 3DS, and at the same time in all places, the Shine hunting will be harder. That's great if you ask me. Shinies should be way more special than they are currently.

12. Aurath8

Aurath8 Well-Known Member

Why would shiny hunting be harder with a worldwide release?

13. MSK

MSK Well-Known Member

It's gonna make VGC 14 interesting, with everyone getting it at the same time, no more Japanese or importer advantage playing time. Plus 3DS region locking means unless I get a Jap 3DS I'm gonna miss out on all the Japanese only wifi events!! :(
    And I'm gonna have to learn how to RNG on the 3DS now for any of the new pokemon, although fingers crossed you can still transfer older gens to this new gen (although please let us take items this time!!!)

14. Judas

Judas Well-Known Member

The only way I can even see that being true is that less people will import the Japanese version. But there is the GTS.

The best thing about the international release is that we'll get English names with Japanese names now, so I won't have to remember the Japanese names. I still call Audino Tabunne.

15. Hejiru

Hejiru Rev up those fryers

It's gonna be so weird playing the game not knowing what Pokemon are in there. I won't be able to really plan a team ahead of time.

Although everything will probably be leaked online before the games come out...

16. SasakiThePikachu

SasakiThePikachu like pepsi cola

This would be a more convincing argument if BW2 hadn't introduced Ghetsis little DNA-spliced-legendaries plotline :) GF's ideas really seem to be moving in the directions of new formes etc, so if they decided to branch out a little and expand on the whole 'fusion' element I wouldn't be surprised. I only hope they don't push it too far and we end up in Digimon territory. It was made very clear that what Ghetsis was doing to Kyurem was inhumane and wrong, so I'm guessing if DNA and/or fusion appears as a theme at all, it'll be something for the bad guys to do and for the hero to stop, rather than you getting to experiment with it.

Word. Maybe that Twitter Ninja who had his friend doing fanarts as he leaked the entire dex will pop up again!

17. Flame Mistress

Flame Mistress Well-Known Member

Same here. I'm not used to surprises in Pokémon. It's probably better than exploring a world you've practically explored already, though, I suppose.

18. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

That is if we'll even be able to RNG on the 3DS Pokémon games. I wouldn't be surprised if we couldn't.

19. Manna

Manna Rockin' the Suburbs

I kinda like that we only have looks to go on. It brings me back to my childhood :)

20. thatjeremykid

thatjeremykid .Memento.Mori.

I'm the type of person who gourges on tons of info before the release to the point where i basically know everything about the game. when i played White, there wasn't a single pokemon i didn't recognize or know what they they were. so this time around i expect a full list of pokemon isn't going to be released before the release

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.