• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
UPDATE: Royal Mail managers "cannot rule out" joining coordinated strike against £3bn privatisation.
More than 120,000 Royal Mail staff are due to be balloted over the privatisation plan in the coming weeks, with any strike action likely to follow in mid-October.

So glad I cancelled my order xD

yeah they get balloted on the 23rd and then they revealed the results October 3rd and then they have to give 7 days notice before they strike

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
Usually we have leaks from Japan when a games is released and we can play the games in Japanese.

This worldwide release will definately be something different and i guess it has its advantages and disadvantages.

UPDATE: Royal Mail managers "cannot rule out" joining coordinated strike against £3bn privatisation.
More than 120,000 Royal Mail staff are due to be balloted over the privatisation plan in the coming weeks, with any strike action likely to follow in mid-October.

So glad I cancelled my order xD

same here. theres to much worry linked with the royal mail guys now so im happy paying more for DpD to deliver instead.

me :) - (Gets up , fist pumps , claims moral victory)

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
think I might cancel one of the games with amazon and pre order the other at game as I only need one on release day really :)

DiaRubyTandem

The Fastest Comeback
I will buy a 3DS and same time I will buy Pokemon X or Y! Man, it seems the fire-type fox one is more awesome than the water-type frog.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
29 days! (I don't count it as 30 days, as I'll probably wake up and get it straight away on the 12th, and I don't count that as a day :p)

yeah im gunna ring game tomorrow and see if they are doing the Pokeball pre order bonus (if not ill see if another one has any left I don't see it being an issue in my town though) and ill be there bang at 9am collect it and run home

Ditto24

Usually we have leaks from Japan when a games is released and we can play the games in Japanese.

This worldwide release will definately be something different and i guess it has its advantages and disadvantages.

What exactly are the disadvantages?

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
What exactly are the disadvantages?

not enough information available from the start for English speaking countries (which is also a plus as we get to play it blind like japan does)

also any bugs that would normally be fixed by the time they made it over here wont be as this time everybody will be playing at the same time

Ditto24

not enough information available from the start for English speaking countries (which is also a plus as we get to play it blind like japan does)

also any bugs that would normally be fixed by the time they made it over here wont be as this time everybody will be playing at the same time

Playing blind as far as I'm concerned is nothing but positive. The games aren't exactly hard and if you talk to everyone then you get everything :)

Bugs...meh, odds are they will triple check everything anyway, the only bugs I can really think of are the Sinnoh E4 in DP or tweaking.

sutasafaia

Lack of info is the biggest disadvantage I think, we won't know which starter to pick because we won't know the third evolution. I doubt they will release that before release.

Ditto24

Lack of info is the biggest disadvantage I think, we won't know which starter to pick because we won't know the third evolution. I doubt they will release that before release.

Yeah, but you get info by playing the games.

That's not really a problem. Somebody will probably get the game a few days before you so everything will be spoiled when you get the game. In a "worst" case scenario the first leaks will begin the same day as you get your game, but then you only need to keep your hands off the game for a mere day to plan everything out.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
Just contacted my local game who said they were doing the Pokeball bonus which makes me happy so I will pre order with them

BUT....

While trying to find the number I called the 0871 number assuming it was customer services (its wasn't its just an automated line) which said that Game were releasing Pokémon Y (and X I would assume) on Friday the 11th October

Has anybody else noticed this?

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

This is actually the biggest advantage after years, giving us a chance to play without the game spoiled and start our adventure at the same time worldwide, having an access to 7 languages.

Mays

They'll give us more info before release. Probably a Pokemon Direct revealing the starters/# of Pokemon. It'll be a bad marketing idea not to. But there's nothing bad about no info, as you'll be encouraged to explore everything. If you already knew where items/pokemon were it'd be less fun.

There aren't any disadvantages.

Aetius

As many have said already, playing blindly will be awesome and more importantly, we will get more fun playing it. :D
And besides if someone wants some help, he could always buy the guide.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
When do people think we will get the localization for the new revels. today or Tommrow or are we going to have to wait til next week since I believe Coro Coro comes out for real on the 15th I believe.

Aetius

When do people think we will get the localization for the new revels. today or Tommrow or are we going to have to wait til next week since I believe Coro Coro comes out for real on the 15th I believe.

Next week perhaps?
We had already too much for this week.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Next week perhaps?
We had already too much for this week.

I hope not. I want to know the names of the Pokemon reveled. Its too hard to say the Japanese names for me. and there is never too much in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.