• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
When do people think we will get the localization for the new revels. today or Tommrow or are we going to have to wait til next week since I believe Coro Coro comes out for real on the 15th I believe.

it will be Saturday I would assume as CC is out on the 14th I believe this month

Chimchar15

Lack of info is the biggest disadvantage I think, we won't know which starter to pick because we won't know the third evolution. I doubt they will release that before release.

That's a plus for me as it will make it a lot more fun to explore the games. Although I would like to see the pokedex to chose my prefered team. Everything I want to explore for myself.

When do people think we will get the localization for the new revels. today or Tommrow or are we going to have to wait til next week since I believe Coro Coro comes out for real on the 15th I believe.

Mostly likely Saturday around 11AM EDT. That's when they usually update as that is when it hits midnight on the 15th in Japan.

Ditto24

I hope not. I want to know the names of the Pokemon reveled. Its too hard to say the Japanese names for me. and there is never too much in my opinion.

The last 2 months we had localisation pretty much the day after maybe 2. But defo by the 15th.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
As many have said already, playing blindly will be awesome and more importantly, we will get more fun playing it. :D
And besides if someone wants some help, he could always buy the guide.

I think there is a PSS feature system that if you are stuck at the point, you can ask for a help worldwide. I think that they showed a male character in PSS system that is from United Kingdom had an image and asking for a help. That will be brilliant since we will be able to interact with worldwide and especially when everyone is continuing their journey at the same time.

Apexhell

playing the game blind will be great because i can never help my self away from spoilers and it will be as it was back in red/blue/gold/silver days for me when i didnt have internet or enough money for a strategy guide. I would like to experience as much of the game by myself again :).

regidude

Frontier Conqueror
playing the game blind will be great because i can never help my self away from spoilers and it will be as it was back in red/blue/gold/silver days for me when i didnt have internet or enough money for a strategy guide. I would like to experience as much of the game by myself again :).

Agree, I've spoiled myself since RSE up to BW2. I never played a pokemon game like I did GSC, spoiler free. I'm super excited to find all the surprises in X and Y, simultaneous worldwide release is the biggest and best feature of this game. I'm really excited to feel the same way I felt back in GSC :D

DryBones

Event Collector
Agree, I've spoiled myself since RSE up to BW2. I never played a pokemon game like I did GSC, spoiler free. I'm super excited to find all the surprises in X and Y, simultaneous worldwide release is the biggest and best feature of this game. I'm really excited to feel the same way I felt back in GSC :D

Yeah, it's definitely making me feel like a kid again! Before I used to check everything on the internet prior to new games.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

Couldn't agree more.

I remember those times when I found out myself that Eevee evolves into two different pokemon depending on their happiness, visited Mt. Silver many times but couldn't find Red, or tried very hard to find Power Plant machine part and where Ho-oh and Lugia are. GSC took almost my 6 months to complete the whole game I think, we shared our tips we got from friends when we were child. That taste is not something that I can clearly forget and possibly why I'm so addicted to pokemon. And after, 13 years, I'd like to play it blind like how it was fun in GSC.

DryBones

Event Collector
29 days to go! ^-^

Managed to get my friends to go with DPD postage, so we're now all hoping for day-early copies, haha. Hopefully ST will pull through on that like they normally do.

Cant wait to see how good XY will look on a 3DS XL :D

aerial_ace

Can't wait for the games. I decided the last 2 weeks before games release I will completely avoid any pokemon/gaming sites. The info we know is enough I bet we still have double or triple amount of pokemon to discover and I want to discover them myself like I did in R/S. I didn't know I single pokemon from that gen and it was so much fun to find out about them by playing a game. In DP and BW I spent so much money on repels cus I knew every single pokemon and it wasn't as exciting.

My nintendo is arriving today, pre ordered pokemon Y already. I'm all sorted and ready for the new adventure :)

Mays

Tomorrow could and should be a good day.

Y ordered in store (meaning I get it on release day.. nice try Royal Mail), Y 3DS ordered in store and shiny Palkia on White 2!

I like the blue XL, but I already have a Blue XL, so I'm going with Red.

DryBones

Event Collector
Tomorrow could and should be a good day.

Y ordered in store (meaning I get it on release day.. nice try Royal Mail), Y 3DS ordered in store and shiny Palkia on White 2!

I like the blue XL, but I already have a Blue XL, so I'm going with Red.

Nice :) good choice to go for instore, as you've secured a copy :)

sutasafaia

It seems I'm in the minority for liking some spoilers. Don't get me wrong, playing the game blind is great but I don't want to end up wasting time with a starter I won't like in the long run. That's one of the few places in the game where you make a choice and can't take it back without restarting the entire thing from scratch since it's so hard to trade for starters normally.

On the other hand, I wonder if we'll be able to get all the starters by sticking them in that cloud bank and restarting a couple times? From what I understand the cloud bank doesn't reset just because we reset the game. I wonder how far in the game the bank unlocks?

Mays

It seems I'm in the minority for liking some spoilers. Don't get me wrong, playing the game blind is great but I don't want to end up wasting time with a starter I won't like in the long run. That's one of the few places in the game where you make a choice and can't take it back without restarting the entire thing from scratch since it's so hard to trade for starters normally.

On the other hand, I wonder if we'll be able to get all the starters by sticking them in that cloud bank and restarting a couple times? From what I understand the cloud bank doesn't reset just because we reset the game. I wonder how far in the game the bank unlocks?

If we got starter evolutions, number of pokemon, and cover legend I'd be good

that trailer today just solidified me getting both games next month. never been so hyped for a pokemon launch before. guaranteed download when released, im happy.

I agree with you. There are some things that I just like being spoiled. I'm not doing it this game, but I've always thoroughly enjoyed pre-building my team because I could make it so that my team was paced out and I could get myself hyped while I waited for the game. I'm going to go in blind this time, because of necessity and curiosity. But if the Pokedex came pre-revealed this time, I would have no qualms. Sure, going in blind was fun as a kid, but I'm not a kid anymore. Spoilers or not, the game can still be just as fun.

Yo! The trailer has also made me super excited to play the game. I can't wait to see everyone's reaction and opinions on the game. Playing blind is definitely fun, a bit challenging, but fun. Plus I'm probably going to be playing with other people so we can chat about what's going on in the game. But I will admit, I'll be checking Serebii during my play through to see little things that i have missed or if there's anything I have trouble.

By the way, I realized that I might be getting the game on the 12th instead of the 17th! :)

Aetius

Yo! The trailer has also made me super excited to play the game. I can't wait to see everyone's reaction and opinions on the game. Playing blind is definitely fun, a bit challenging, but fun. Plus I'm probably going to be playing with other people so we can chat about what's going on in the game. But I will admit, I'll be checking Serebii during my play through to see little things that i have missed or if there's anything I have trouble.

By the way, I realized that I might be getting the game on the 12th instead of the 17th! :)

Well, we will still able to ask each other if any of us is in trouble. :D
And yes, it will be awesome to do this. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.