• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I kinda like that we only have looks to go on. It brings me back to my childhood :)

Same. Only for me it was my teenagehood :). Still good times, good times.

@ Raguna: Never really viewed shinies as special persay. Just fun to find and stuff :). It's fun to find them in the wild and on the GTS.

Glad that they're doing a worldwide release this time around... looking forward to a whole new world to explore.

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
@ Raguna: Never really viewed shinies as special persay. Just fun to find and stuff :). It's fun to find them in the wild and on the GTS.

It was kind of a mystical thing to find a Shiny back when G/S/C had been released. Today, everyone and their grandmas have a Shiny. Hopefully they will go back to the way they were... And, I agree with the whole basing Pokéon in their looks. Finally we will have to play to judge them, instead of seeing the stats and everything online first. Looking forward to it!

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
This whole worldwide release thing is getting more and more interesting as new things about these games are discovered. I believe Xerneas and Yveltal are the very first Pokemon ever to have their English names revealed before their Japanese ones.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Don't we normally get a full list before time anyway? Or was that a virtue of having a JP release?

We usually know thanks to Japan's release, or even earlier if the game was leaked. The entire Unova Pokedex was leaked but the art that was associated with some of them did not match the descriptions.

halloweenghost

This whole worldwide release thing is getting more and more interesting as new things about these games are discovered. I believe Xerneas and Yveltal are the very first Pokemon ever to have their English names revealed before their Japanese ones.

reshiram and zekrom ( not just their names, but also the pokemon) where revealed on the us site before japan, so no,.. this is not the first time, despite bulbapedia's posting. The person updateign either didn't know or have forgotten this.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
It was kind of a mystical thing to find a Shiny back when G/S/C had been released. Today, everyone and their grandmas have a Shiny. Hopefully they will go back to the way they were... And, I agree with the whole basing Pokéon in their looks. Finally we will have to play to judge them, instead of seeing the stats and everything online first. Looking forward to it!

Yea I guess so. It was a lot rarer back then. Maybe. Heck those things are still rare to run into. Haven run into any yet in White 2... other than the ones on the GTS, same goes with White version. Hopefully I'll have some more luck in terms of running into some in the wild in X/Y.

Yep :). That'll be pretty sweet.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
And, I agree with the whole basing Pokémon in their looks. Finally we will have to play to judge them, instead of seeing the stats and everything online first. Looking forward to it!

+1, yeah, it is exciting and spontaneous. However, if you're an ev training iv breeder who is concerned with natures, likes to plan movesets ahead and usually sends their new team over via eggs, it's a friggin nightmare. I might actually have to wait a week after release to start my game so I have all necessary info. lol yeah that's going to happen

But anyways, agreeing with all who say it's great to have the localised names revealed so soon! I was among those who found it really freakin hard to adjust to the english names having learned (and gotten used to) the japanese ones. Even almost 3 years on I still get confused in conversation and called Axew Kibago or Oshawott Mijumaru. Yeah, I'm 'that person' :(

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Wow, we've got Xerneas and Yveltal. Not sure what Xerneas' name is a play on, but Yveltal seems to be a play on the word evil. I hope it's not psychic/grass vs. dark/flying or dark/dragon. I feel that would put Xerneas at too much of a disadvantage, but I'm just speculating at this point. Can't wait for these games, they seem sweet!

AeroKorogu

I think everyone (who even reads this) should promise themselves that no matter how much X and Y could possibly suck(or not), that you will not complain or whine about it...and be glad that gamefreak has decided to make more games...gamefreak actually intended for the first games to be a one shot, and have no sequels, but thanks to the popularity, we got to play the amazing versions of pokemon over the years. I'm proud to say, I love the new pokemon. All the changes, new pokemon, new regions, new characters, new adventure, everything.

AeroKorogu

Wow, we've got Xerneas and Yveltal. Not sure what Xerneas' name is a play on, but Yveltal seems to be a play on the word evil.!

Actually the point of Xernaes' and Yveltal's names have to do with the X and Y axis' of a coordinate plane...meaning that the bridge game will most likely be pokemon Z, as Z is the 2nd horizontal axis of a 3-dimensional coordinate plane, referencing to how the games are on the 3DS as well.

I think everyone (who even reads this) should promise themselves that no matter how much X and Y could possibly suck(or not), that you will not complain or whine about it...and be glad that gamefreak has decided to make more games...gamefreak actually intended for the first games to be a one shot, and have no sequels, but thanks to the popularity, we got to play the amazing versions of pokemon over the years. I'm proud to say, I love the new pokemon. All the changes, new pokemon, new regions, new characters, new adventure, everything.
I would like that but sadly, it will never happen. Even if the games end up being the best in the series, people will find the smallest reasons to complain about them. What's important is that we don't let other people's complaints control our judgement and we create out own opinions.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
I think everyone (who even reads this) should promise themselves that no matter how much X and Y could possibly suck(or not), that you will not complain or whine about it...

Getting the fandom not to whine is like getting the tide not to come in :)

Seriously though, I don't like the idea that if something is wrong with the games we shouldn't be allowed to complain about it. Remember that Gamefreak aren't giving us these out of the goodness of their hearts - we're paying for the consoles and the games and they ought to be of a certain standard. Sure it's wonderful to appreciate the games (as you, I and millions of others will) but if they turn out to have an aspect that sucks or is poorly thought-out in some way we reserve the right to complain just as any other customer unhappy with a product's performance does.

Of course there will be those who just like to whine about pointless details or push their personal opinions onto others, but every generation has those. Hell, forget pokemon, every fandom in the world has those. As the saying goes, 'haters gonna hate'...

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Actually the point of Xernaes' and Yveltal's names have to do with the X and Y axis' of a coordinate plane...meaning that the bridge game will most likely be pokemon Z, as Z is the 2nd horizontal axis of a 3-dimensional coordinate plane, referencing to how the games are on the 3DS as well.

That is a pretty cool concept. For the Yveltal/evil thing, I thought it was a play on words. May be, may not be, but yeah, the X and Y axis plane is what is probably is. At first I thought it could be possibly relevantly related to gender chromozones like XX (female) and XY (male), but you know, it's probably the planes.

AeroKorogu

I would like that but sadly, it will never happen. Even if the games end up being the best in the series, people will find the smallest reasons to complain about them. What's important is that we don't let other people's complaints control our judgement and we create out own opinions.

I know you can't please everyone...we are only human...but I'd like to see a lot more people out there that actually have the decency to not complain about it even if they have a great reason for it.

AeroKorogu

That is a pretty cool concept. For the Yveltal/evil thing, I thought it was a play on words. May be, may not be, but yeah, the X and Y axis plane is what is probably is. At first I thought it could be possibly relevantly related to gender chromozones like XX (female) and XY (male), but you know, it's probably the planes.

I also had a similar thought to it having to do with X and Y chromosomes, but after finding out about the Z axis of the coordinate plane I find it safer to assume they will be based on the coordinate plane...maybe gamefreak is giving me a subliminal message to study for my math final

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I also had a similar thought to it having to do with X and Y chromosomes, but after finding out about the Z axis of the coordinate plane I find it safer to assume they will be based on the coordinate plane...maybe gamefreak is giving me a subliminal message to study for my math final

XD lol, I'm sure. To quote a game I've never played- "Nobody said there'd be math!!"

I'm really looking foward to seeing if they have an Eeveelution this time around : D

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
If there's a new Eevelution (very likely since Nintendo tends to introduce a new evolution on even numbered generations), which types you think they would introduce to us? The new pairs tend to have an opposite thing going on. Espeon weak against Umbreon, Leafeon weak against Glaceon.

Oao

If there's a new Eevelution (very likely since Nintendo tends to introduce a new evolution on even numbered generations), which types you think they would introduce to us? The new pairs tend to have an opposite thing going on. Espeon weak against Umbreon, Leafeon weak against Glaceon.

Poison and Ground could be an interesting pair, or even Bug and Flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.