• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonskull

Dark trainer
I wonder if there might be another "livestream" planned possibly unveiling the zone the which two games are supposed to be located.

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
And, I agree with the whole basing Pokéon in their looks. Finally we will have to play to judge them, instead of seeing the stats and everything online first. Looking forward to it!

THIS! I completely agree! I used to be big into competitive battling, but it really sucks the fun out of what Pokemon is. You're supposed to chose your favorites and battle with those, not battle using the same top 50 pokes (or UU if you're a rebel). I remember when Hyper Beam was cool just because it was "that move" or when people loved using starters even if there move pools were shallow or when it was cool to throw out Aggron without caring that the fighting type rapes it. Now Pokemon is just numbers, and it shouldn't be. It should be about using the six pokemon that you think look the toughest or the coolest or the prettiest or the cutest. Maybe you just caught a pokemon for it to be your HM slave at first (please get rid of those) but it grew on you. THAT'S what pokemon is. Long live Hyper Beam!

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I can't wait to get the game. I currently caught 624 pokemon on my White 2 game. So close to finishing the dex! With this new game, I'll have to start all over again, but to catch over 700 pokemon. It sounds hard, but I'll have fun with that. Can't wait! Hope the new game has a Safari zone, or something equivalent to it.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
If there's a new Eevelution (very likely since Nintendo tends to introduce a new evolution on even numbered generations), which types you think they would introduce to us? The new pairs tend to have an opposite thing going on. Espeon weak against Umbreon, Leafeon weak against Glaceon.

Fighting, flying, poison, or even steel. I could definetly see those

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
I can't wait to get the game. I currently caught 624 pokemon on my White 2 game. So close to finishing the dex! With this new game, I'll have to start all over again, but to catch over 700 pokemon. It sounds hard, but I'll have fun with that. Can't wait! Hope the new game has a Safari zone, or something equivalent to it.

There's probably going to be a transfer system again so you only need to catch all the news ones. My dex is basically completed and I know I'm probably going to try and do it again, I'm just going to need help from others to get the events I don'y actually have.

Pilpulp

美的
This international release is quite a ways away. I think we will get some news now, maybe for the rest of the month then up until July we will have no new news. Remember, it's JANUARY, 2013 is still new people. We have to go to October, so if you're like "It's not so far away" It was only october 3 months ago, we almost (sort-of) have a full year until release.

THIS! I completely agree! I used to be big into competitive battling, but it really sucks the fun out of what Pokemon is. You're supposed to chose your favorites and battle with those, not battle using the same top 50 pokes (or UU if you're a rebel). I remember when Hyper Beam was cool just because it was "that move" or when people loved using starters even if there move pools were shallow or when it was cool to throw out Aggron without caring that the fighting type rapes it. Now Pokemon is just numbers, and it shouldn't be. It should be about using the six pokemon that you think look the toughest or the coolest or the prettiest or the cutest. Maybe you just caught a pokemon for it to be your HM slave at first (please get rid of those) but it grew on you. THAT'S what pokemon is. Long live Hyper Beam!

I agree with this aswell.

GravityStorm

Got it memorized?
I really hope they didn't skip out on lots of dialogue just to shorten translation times. I personally would rather wait a couple months than have a game with much fewer or no NPC conversations. Fortunately, Iwata made it sound like they will be able to retain quality with the quicker translations.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
I don't know how they're doing it but I wonder if the translations are being made as the Japanese text is being made so they try and get an almost instantaneous translations for them. I could be wrong considering that I don't know everything about how translating works, but that could be the case. So if all the people work on dialogue at once it's likely going to be good quality.

UnovaCastaway

Sorry if this was mentioned before, but isn't it likely that the release dates will be staggered over a week or so in different countries? It can all be in October, but some places will probably get the games on a Friday, then a Sunday, etc.

I'm saying this because some speedrunners and hackers from the country that gets it first can leak quite a bit of information before many other people start their files. I want to see how much information is out there other than the official strategy guides once X and Y are released in a given country. I know Bulbapedia takes a while to update the most miniscule information, such as the exact percentage of Pokemon appearances on a given route, or where some minor item is found. I remember that new Pokemon stats also weren't updated immediately. It'll still be interesting to play knowing so little.

Last edited:

poke_girl

The Amazing
I think its because localization is now done by tpc along wth gf.
before it used to done by Nob after the Japanese release.

tpc? Nob??? I'm guessing gf is game freak.
I really hate it when people abbreviate stuff...

Luxvan

Mozilla Fennekin
Sorry if this was mentioned before, but isn't it likely that the release dates will be staggered over a week or so in different countries? It can all be in October, but some places will probably get the games on a Friday, then a Sunday, etc.

I'm saying this because some speedrunners and hackers from the country that gets it first can leak quite a bit of information before many other people start their files. I want to see how much information is out there other than the official strategy guides once X and Y are released in a given country. I know Bulbapedia takes a while to update the most miniscule information, such as the exact percentage of Pokemon appearances on a given route, or where some minor item is found. I remember that new Pokemon stats also weren't updated immediately. It'll still be interesting to play knowing so little.
A 7-day (maximum, I'm mainly thinking this will be released like a music album) gap between countries won't really ruin anything for me.
Though I agree, it'll be interesting playing with very little. Maybe I'll get the first guide of my life.

Ausgirl

Well I'll probably get Pokemon Y assuming that the cool bird-like pokemon is that version's mascot. It'll be the first 3D pokemon game I've played, though I might cave and get Mystery Dungeon prior to it's release. I haven't tried that series yet and I'm curious as to how pokemon looks on that platform... anyway I'm glad that the new games will be released internationally and that Australia will be included. When BW came out just having to wait an extra ten days after America got their release was painful enough. Especially when all the American's were going "finally we got the game" blah, blah, blah as if they were the last ones to get it.

halloweenghost

yes it could be. but they have not said yet.. we'll have to see if it's just the same month or the same day... but it beats waiting months after japan.

Ausgirl

yes it could be. but they have not said yet.. we'll have to see if it's just the same month or the same day... but it beats waiting months after japan.

They released the 5th Harry Potter book on the same day across various countries so it's possible it'll happen for the pokemon games as well. There's certainly a lot more translating needed for a book than a game...

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
There's certainly a lot more translating needed for a book than a game...

Move names, Pokemon names, item names, location names, people names, crapton of NPC dialogue, system messages, approval by ESRB, applying it to multiregional 3DSs...

Yeah, not necessarily.

SilverFox

So sly
I love that it's a world release, but it sort of bitter sweet. There's gonna be no speculation. No English name guessing, no us giving our ideas on what we think on how things will be. But I guess I can't complain too much. Now all I gotta do is save up and actually get a 3DS.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Move names, Pokemon names, item names, location names, people names, crapton of NPC dialogue, system messages, approval by ESRB, applying it to multiregional 3DSs...

Yeah, not necessarily.

Don't underestimate the amount of words in a 700+ page single spaced book. But either way this doesn't really matter because I think that they could pull off releasing the games worldwide on the same day. This could just be me reading into it too much, but the fact that the trailer showed a list of the starter names in so many different languages makes it seem like it's going to be one giant release instead of a bunch of mini releases within a big release.

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
I'm pretty confident it will be the same day. They made such an uproar about the worldwide release, it wouldn't make much sense if it wasn't on the exact same day.

Ausgirl

Don't underestimate the amount of words in a 700+ page single spaced book. But either way this doesn't really matter because I think that they could pull off releasing the games worldwide on the same day. This could just be me reading into it too much, but the fact that the trailer showed a list of the starter names in so many different languages makes it seem like it's going to be one giant release instead of a bunch of mini releases within a big release.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.