• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Picking up the game tomorrow morning (went with Y) from my local store. Got it preordered so all is good there. Just got the SMS notification about it too, didn't expect the store to be open at 8am so that's a bonus?

BCVM22

Japan for a long time now has had a trend of having things MONTHS before us and use the" translation" as an excuse.

The immense amount of work necessary to localize a game (Pokémon the franchise) heavy in text and individual elements (Pokémon the critters) is not an "excuse".

I find this pathetic; being as I played black and white in FULL ENGLISH( via patch) Months before US/EU release. Sad how this translation is so hard for such a large company, but so simple for a handful of internet fans.

A translation no doubt considerably lower in quality on every level and not subject to any of the quality control on any level required of an official product. That you played a low-quality fan translation at any point is of no significance to any matter.

Both of these speak to some sort of larger misconception on your part, that being that you seem to feel that the formerly staggered release schedule was done out of spite or laziness or pettiness rather than necessity, which ignores the fact that between Generation II and the second wave of Generation V, the wait for the international release was cut down from a year to six months to four months.

2. Many people have used the excuse of using " illicit means" JUST because of the difference in time. Why wait months for a game when it's out now?
It's a fact that many people become impatient enough to even order the game in a language they cannot read haha

You've proven my point on your own - if someone believes actual illegal means are a reasonable method of obtaining a playable version of the game, the time isn't going to stop them. They're going to do it whether the international launch is simultaneous or six months later. Saying to one's self, "oh, it's okay because I'd otherwise have to keep waiting", that is an excuse, and a poor one at that.

Last edited:

outoftheordinary

Dreaming of Greece
Picking up the game tomorrow morning (went with Y) from my local store. Got it preordered so all is good there. Just got the SMS notification about it too, didn't expect the store to be open at 8am so that's a bonus?

Same here. Preordered on Wed when I went to buy a 3DS XL to play it on. So excited!

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Mail will come any second now, and will most likely have my game with it, hehe. If not, I will have to wait two Days...

JW1004

Just went to every possible gamestore in my city and none have it stocked, Nintendo/GameFreak must be happy haha, so everything goes there way here in Holland, it seems.

Lukechu

I just got a text from GAME saying "Just to let you know your copy of Pokémon X is in today and will be held for 48hrs! Don't forget your Trade Ins!!".

Getting and reading that has got me so hyped, omd.

Last edited:

aerial_ace

feel like i'm hitting a breaking point.... did so well over the last two weeks to be spoiler free(the only thing i found out was starters evos) but it seems most people have their games already and i just want to see all the new pokemon :D
one more day to go and i can finally start the adventure :D

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Hopefully it comes! I just got mail, wasn't so lucky... no game. Have to wait over the weekend until Monday, damn!

Aww, sorry about that. D: And now I got afraid I might have the same bad luck. Aww.

Well, either way, it is Close, hehe.

MegaAbsol

Just had a call from Game saying they have the games in now, does that mean we can pick them up today?

outoftheordinary

Dreaming of Greece
feel like i'm hitting a breaking point.... did so well over the last two weeks to be spoiler free(the only thing i found out was starters evos) but it seems most people have their games already and i just want to see all the new pokemon :D

Haha, I know what you mean. I've been trying my hardest not to peek at everything, but it's so difficult. I've looked at a few things/listened to a couple of themes but that's it.

5 p.m... A few more hours to go!

Rhonder

Ditto lol. It's getting to the point where while I'm mostly spoiler free, I've looked a few things, but nothing major... yet. so tempting. gahhh 1 more day xD

J-Biz

[IMG200][/IMG200]
Just had a call from Game saying they have the games in now, does that mean we can pick them up today?

You probably should have asked them that. But yeah, just been in my local Game and they're selling 2DS's and the games today. So get down there! :p

Lilligantastic

I'm getting off the forums once I have my game, so I just wamted to say to everyone enjoy your Kalos journey! We've been waiting all year for this so I hope everyone has a blast! Thanks for keeping me entertained these past few months. Kalos here we come!

Zorgaz

Veteran
Just got to my local Gamestop and apparantly they released the game today! :D

Got X and Y! One for me and one for my brother. Now i just need to wait for him to get back to sweden to play xD. (In about a month)

iKarlCPFC

Been told I can go and collect my game from Argos today.

Seni

Game Hanley just posted on Facebook that today is the new 12th with:

"Better than a midnight release, you can get Pokemon X and Y and the 2DS today!"

FinchReese

Its 11pm here in New Zealand on Friday night, so 1 hour to go.

I plan on buying from the Eshop, hopefully it launch's at 00:01. Is there anything negative about buying from the Eshop over a hard copy?

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Just got my game(s) about 2 minutes ago. 9 months of waiting finally over. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.