• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalkaiser65

Dark Master
Im posting this from my Xbox... anyway im about to head to bed, so no i wont be at any midnight launch... however me and my closest friends are having a "Pokemon X and Y launch party" tomarrow... me and the houses owner are picking up the game together and then setting up the party with movies (no they arent Pokemon movies... DC animated movies like Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox), Pizza, Coke, lots of treats, and all of us playing our games while we watch the movies!!!!
OMG SO EXCITED!!!!

Are you me? I'm doing the exact same thing but we are streaming pokemon movies in the back ground.

ihartsnape

Evil Dark Lord
An X and Y commercial just came on TV as I'm getting error messages from the eShop. What a tease..

I'm getting different error codes every time, but Nintendo's fix is always the same: power the system off and back on again (it totally doesn't work).

Cinza

Ominous Inquirer
but Nintendo's fix is always the same: power the system off and back on again (it totally doesn't work).

Agreed. I'll probably give it about 30 mins to calm down a tad and try again

mudkipzz

I'm in minnesota now and I'll let you know what our vavillon looks like....gunna be a long download probobly lol.

Thank you, I won't be getting it until tomorrow morning, so I want to know in case I think our one sucks, then I can change my DS location before I start :p

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
This isn't your typical download from the eshop for any other game. This is a worldwide release of Pokemon, millions of people are probably trying to download it while with each passing hour more and more join in.
It's no surprise really if you guys get errors while trying to download the games.

Mew_Celebi

Shocking Pikachu
So I had to find another sd card because it takes up a ton of space. That delayed me by like ten minutes, and right now every minute counts; I've been waiting long enough for this!
Yeah I was lucky enough to see there was no space left on mine. I had to buy a whole new SD card.

D!3g0

So, I was just trying to add funds and an error code appeard, my dad tried checking his account to see if he got charged and the bank page said that it wasn't the time to do transactions.

Could it be that I'm still one hour away from the realese? Or is it just the bank's fault? :/

Cinza

Ominous Inquirer
Yeah I was lucky enough to see there was no space left on mine. I had to buy a whole new SD card.

Yeah I figured this download would be huge so I bought a 16GB off amazon for cheap to store games on in the future

Cerex

Ugh. It was such a hassle to get the downloading starting. There was some silly error message, something wrong with my zip code or whatever, had to change my region to Canada and then switch back. And only after a couple of tries did it finally work. The stress doesn't matter though, because it's downloading now and I have a three day weekend. I'm off to 7-Eleven to buy really bad food while the game downloads. Yay!

Shαde

So, I was just trying to add funds and an error code appeard, my dad tried checking his account to see if he got charged and the bank page said that it wasn't the time to do transactions.

Could it be that I'm still one hour away from the realese? Or is it just the bank's fault? :/

Sounds like a bank thing. I had money pre-loaded onto my game system earlier and my friend who's with me off site added money a few minutes after the eShop release. He messed up a few times and tried to buy the game without adding funds to his system. But he got it done. Sounds like people are just getting errors because everyone's trying to add funds and download right now.

CA-Eevee

Just a little over halfway done here. It's actually downloading a lot faster than I expected.

Cinza

Ominous Inquirer
Sounds like people are just getting errors because everyone's trying to add funds and download right now.

Yeah I added funds and when it finally went through and downloaded I checked my bank account and apparently in all the errors it charged me twice. So looks like Im calling Nintendo in the morning

ihartsnape

Evil Dark Lord
Finally got it working and the download has begun! For anyone else still getting errors when trying to add funds, the instructions here helped me (but I can't guarantee they'll work for you): http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/86047#86047

Edit: I'm amazed it only charged me once for the one time it worked. I went and checked my bank statement expecting it to have charged me about 10 times.

I managed to get to 24% downloaded pretty quickly, but it got stuck there for about 30 minutes, then crashed. Had to restart DL from scratch, and at 5% now 5 minutes later :-/.

Are there ports I can open up on my router to get this going faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.