• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Just 1 more day, and my Pokemon Y should be here! If I can make it through Saturday I'll make it through Sunday (today) I can do this I can do this!

BCVM22

this worldwide release was bad

It worked about as well as can be expected. You can't really account for retailers taking complete and total leave of any common sense and releasing a product a full week early.

hey how do i make a threa on this forum? im new here

You don't, in this subforum.

It would be recommended you spend as much time as possible lurking before you make one elsewhere, at that.

RNG_Reporter

I don't get how it was bad.

Others getting it early doesn't affect your gameplay. It doesn't slow down your release date.

Honestly, this worked out quite well. It's nice to have people "I know" across the world all playing and posting pics, learning at once.

Cosmoz

Pokemon Fan
It was bad the fact of some retailers launching it two weeks before release date
I had to try and avoid all kind of leaks

It would be nice if everyone would be discovering things yesterday or today.

applemania

Sigh, Amazon says I'll get my copies on Tuesday. Could be Monday still, but Colombus day and all that seems unlikely. Jealous of everybody right now.

I am glad that I will be able to know where to find all Kalos pokemon and others that I want in the Dex because of the leaks, plus how to increase horde encounters so I can get a Litwick with Shadow-tag. I'm avoiding the threads from now on until I need help with the game.

Last edited:

DragonMaster113

Female Dragon Master
Worldwide?!

Wow, Pokemon X and Y the first worldwide game.....Why now LOL what about the other games such as Black and White?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Wow, Pokemon X and Y the first worldwide game.....Why now LOL what about the other games such as Black and White?

This is the first time that the Japanese game and the English game was launched AT THE SAME TIME. (Quite Literately, I think, as I've been told that the Austrailan eShop and Japanese eShop both started selling the game at the same time.)

Previously, the English games took several month before the new version game out. Black and White was released nearly 6 month before the US versions, Black2 & White2 was about 3 month behind the Japanese games.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
My Pokemon Y finally came today! :D I'm gonna play it for a few hours then I gotta go to work, but soon as I come home i'm getting back on!

Last edited:

ebevan91

My 3DS order from Nintendo's website has been stuck on "Preparing Order" for 2 1/2 days now :(

ebevan91

This is probably a dumb question on my part, but did you contact Nintendo support? I imagine you probably have just figured I'd ask.

I was going to give it another day before I do. It was the weekend and the people that process orders probably don't work on weekends. Also when I go to the shipping FAQ it says that orders that are shipped via USPS don't get tracking updates so I think that could also be why.

EDIT: I did just remember today is Columbus Day in the US so the USPS is closed and that's probably why I'm not getting an update.

Well crap,

Scheduled Delivery:
Monday, 10/21/2013, By End of Day

That's what I get for ordering on a weekend and paying the cheapest shipping possible.

Last edited:

halloweenghost

The launch was fine... almost most if not all big name games tend to get leaked... Went to Gamestop Sat, downloaded my two shiny giratina, got my game and headed home!

johnyboy169

Dragon Master
I don't know where else to post this so here it goes:

Has anyone else had problems getting the Official X & Y guide book?

I only ask because i originally pre-ordered it back in September, its release date was said to be the 11th October (via Amazon UK) and i have just received an email today saying that they have run out of stock and are now telling me i will not be able to receive it from them until October 21st :mad:.

I am now going to cancel the order any buy it somewhere else, also i have just checked play.com and they're saying it was released on October 14th :S.

Crazedyanma

Cyclipse
I don't know where else to post this so here it goes:

Has anyone else had problems getting the Official X & Y guide book?

I only ask because i originally pre-ordered it back in September, its release date was said to be the 11th October (via Amazon UK) and i have just received an email today saying that they have run out of stock and are now telling me i will not be able to receive it from them until October 21st :mad:.

I am now going to cancel the order any buy it somewhere else, also i have just checked play.com and they're saying it was released on October 14th :S.
Yes, I have too and I live in America. Clearly, it seems to be a case of demand > supply.

Anyway, I received both games on Oct. 12 (I purchased them in advance). I do wonder whether certain retailers intentionally released these games early to avoid excessively long lines. Any thoughts on that?

johnyboy169

Dragon Master
Yes, I have too and I live in America. Clearly, it seems to be a case of demand > supply.

Anyway, I received both games on Oct. 12 (I purchased them in advance). I do wonder whether certain retailers intentionally released these games early to avoid excessively long lines. Any thoughts on that?

Yeah i agree i think that most online retailers didn't realize how popular the product would be.

That maybe the case but i personally think it is because that most retailers earn more money when they sell it early, For example allot of shops in London were selling the game for like 60-70 pound to people just so they could get the game a day or two days early.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.