• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I think the being 3DS region locked is the reason for the worldwide release.

Anywho, I'm ok with this. So, does this mean the names of Pokemon/Characters and stuff universal, or are there different Japanese/English names?

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I think the being 3DS region locked is the reason for the worldwide release.

Anywho, I'm ok with this. So, does this mean the names of Pokemon/Characters and stuff universal, or are there different Japanese/English names?

in all probs they will have different names, coz the starters seem to have diff names. Just maybe they localize faster. now that tpc does it

7 tyranitars

Fantastic! I am so glad that people won't have the advantage of playing weeks or months before me simply because they live in another country. Even though for the last few games we got it a few days earlier (one occasion) or a few days later then the USA.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Oh, X and Y! This is gonna be so GREAT!!! I'm probably going chespin, unless the fire type becomes fire/psychic, which seems possible after watching the trailer. I'm playing X! v That deer pokemon looks sooo sick!

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
So, I'm excited for this for 2 reasons:

1) There's no wait time between Japanese, European, Australian, and American releases. Which is really a good sign of things to come imho.

2) Since after X and Y they'll have the 3D Models already available, the R/S remakes and Z games when they come could also see a simultaneous release world wide and since the model are already there, maybe June-July worldwide release for future game. This is what really has me excited. Wait times are finally becoming a thing of the past.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Simultaneous...

Worldwide...

Release???

F***. YES.

I'm loving this new generation already- mind-bendingly awesome graphics, original and cool, slightly mysterious sounding version names, and the cutest damn Grass starter you ever laid eyes on, and now it's coming out everywhere at the same time?! I defy this generation to blow my mind any more than it already has, and we haven't even seen any of its Poison-types yet!

EDIT: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!

gliscor&yanmega

I wonder how they will deal with the advertisement and that for the games for the months to come. Will sites across the world update whenever Corocoro(And whatever else) comes out, seems like the most logical thing to do, and it would keep with the worldwide thing.

Codface

Worldwide release. Prob want it out quick outside japan to ship christmas 3ds consoles.

Oh and ofc distribution should be easier since digital download will most likely be availble day one.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm really glad that we all get it at the same time but it is a lot different then in the past.

Ame

僕は音楽家 電卓片手に
I'm glad everyone is being treated fairly, as I used to import my games from the US (pre-black).

FusionKT

*cough*
I'm really looking forward to this. Australia is usually one of the last to get new games but not anymore! :D

PokeTimmy

Collector
You forget that Serebii posts pages of Corocoro every time a new game is coming out.

Anyway, I'm glad they're globalizing it this time.

I agree, but even Corocoro doesn't reveal every new pokemon in the game prior to release.

Littlemyuu

I'm glad its a worldwide release! then I don't have to be jealous anymore :3
haha, finally we all start the adventure together! ( at least all in the same month!)

Aegon

This is really exciting. I'm definitely not going to spoil the storyline for myself, as I have previously done. I'm not sure if I'll take a look at the entire Pokédex before starting yet, though. I wonder how far apart the release dates will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.