• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSonic

While there are so many other things to discuss about these games, the biggest to me is not playing a game where i already know all the pokemon.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Really?? Oh my God this is awesome!! xD Think I might ask for my birthday (October) but this is amazing news, all the world playing it at the same time xD

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
The worldwide release is amazing. The long waits we had were so horrible.

Just seeing the localized names for the starters all at once makes me giddy~

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
pros of worldwide release: no one has to wait longer than the other to get the games
cons: serebii.net wont be able to spoil things for me since i will most likely wind up finding these things out by myself.

725roy

ambivolent
I feel that this worldwide release thing is to prevent leaking info from the Japanese version to other countries so there aren't any spoilers... though that's never the case with spoilers.

SuperSonic

Nintendo takes care of its top franchises. You can do whatever you want to me Nintendo.

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Pros: No waiting

Cons: Possible decrease in the game's quality, but if you think about it, this is the first time Gamefreak themselves are working on a 3D Pokemon game, so we shouldn't expect something completely perfect. But now that it's 3D, they can also fix things over time and improve to where, eventually, we'll be getting Pokemon games that can look very fluent and nice in 3D.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I can't believe this is really happening; a world wide release no doubt. To me, it feels as though were all coming together as a group of people in the Pokemon franchise, and getting the game in the same month just says it enough.

At least it'll be wonderful to not avoid spoilers when we see content from Japan gameplay; that'll be a big plus!

Furret Master

Champion Seeker
I have to admit, I'm pretty torn about a worldwide release. I love being able to pre-plan my teams and get information on Pokemon and the content of the games, as I've never been much of a fan of "stumbling in the dark." That said, however, I think it could be a unique experience for me, as Pearl was the last game that I had no prior knowledge to when I played the game. In the end, I'm just hoping for an awesome game experience with Gen VI.

Dracia

Pros: No waiting

Cons: Possible decrease in the game's quality, but if you think about it, this is the first time Gamefreak themselves are working on a 3D Pokemon game, so we shouldn't expect something completely perfect. But now that it's 3D, they can also fix things over time and improve to where, eventually, we'll be getting Pokemon games that can look very fluent and nice in 3D.

The only thing that I'd be afraid of would be some translation mistakes. But other games handle the international releases well, why should not this one?

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
The only thing that I'd be afraid of would be some translation mistakes. But other games handle the international releases well, why should not this one?

True as well. We won't really know until it's released.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I don't know, but something deep down inside me wants to call shenanigans. Why aren't they showing Silhouettes of the starters first THEN the starters themselves in a month or two? And speaking of the starters, to be honest... they don't look very promising. Chespin and Froakie might be something cool if they evolve, but they both look so fake to me. And Fennekin, I don't see anything good coming out of that design. It's mildly cute, and that's it. It looks slightly more official, though.

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
do you guys think it'll be a one time thing or the new norm?

Something tells me this is the route Pokemon will be taking from now on until some even better kind of hand-held comes out, And I highly doubt that won't happen until something like VR-gaming (Virtual Reality) is everywhere.

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer
Well, I'm wondering what the worldwide release means for the Anime. I remember that a Ranger episode got delayed in the US because of the release of the games. Could it be sped up? That and it means I don't need a Japanese 3DS, at least not yet. Stupid region locking. I imagine that the event Pokémon will still be region specific despite this great change in terms of release.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Also one of those legendaries looks like Dialga mixed with the shigami from Princess Mononoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.