• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Localization is main issue why games are usually released with different dates worldwide. But GF managed to get past that and have been able to localize the game alongside development, the reason why XY is multilingual.

So I think they will certainly keep this formula in their future releases.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Localization is main issue why games are usually released with different dates worldwide. But GF managed to get past that and have been able to localize the game alongside development, the reason why XY is multilingual.

So I think they will certainly keep this formula in their future releases.

Oh I hope so. This makes me proud to be a Pokémon fan from the very start and be able to see how it is improving year after year even in subjects like this.

gpt11

I think I'll just download it from the eShop, it won't be the same as having it on its physical form, but that's my own fault for being so desperate, lol.

but if you pre order it you might get it on the day... or at least no more than 2 days after

I couldn't download from the Eshop myself personally I prefer to have my games in physical form then it doesn't matter which 3DS I use

gpt11

I pre-ordered it, but now I have a job, I can already imagine I have to work that day xD

I will be working that day as well haha its going to be one LOOOOOONG day! I hope it gets delivered on the Saturday (considering a paid for release day delivery!) but if you live in the UK you know Royal Mail is rather useless! I live directly over the road from the sorting office (i can see it out the window right now haha) and they send me little red cards saying my parcels are too big to deliver and I have to wait 24 hours to collect....

telivisionhead

I am thinking of pre ordering X and Y....
but I can;t really be bothered. I still need to download Mario Kart 7 on my new 3DS then stack it away for my bday. X and Y comes out a month from my Bday so I'll have to use my birthday money and save up just so i can get X and Y so pre ordering it is probably not the best idea for me.....
I like how it gets released on the SAME day. Then again I wouldn't be able to watch marriland or other youtubers to a japaneeze playthrough of X and Y to see what happens and I'll probably wait before I get pokemon X to see the full pokedex and starter evo.
But then I could also play my game at the same time as watching marilland play it so I can play the game along side youtubers and see their pokemon team and so on.

Ditto B1tch

but I can;t really be bothered. I still need to download Mario Kart 7 on my new 3DS then stack it away for my bday. X and Y comes out a month from my Bday so I'll have to use my birthday money and save up just so i can get X and Y so pre ordering it is probably not the best idea for me.....
I like how it gets released on the SAME day. Then again I wouldn't be able to watch marriland or other youtubers to a japaneeze playthrough of X and Y to see what happens and I'll probably wait before I get pokemon X to see the full pokedex and starter evo.
But then I could also play my game at the same time as watching marilland play it so I can play the game along side youtubers and see their pokemon team and so on.
Hahaha, do that, dude!

Ditto24

Can I just ask why you would rather play it alongside watching a playthrough? Surely it would be less impressive seeing the game for a first time over a youtube video? I mean you don't need one to complete it, you can work out what you have to do by just playing the game? It would kind of make the worldwide release redundant for you by doing that.

I'm not trying to bait you into an argument or anything, I just genuinely want to know why? :)

catzeye

Writer's Block
I think this will be the first time I buy both versions. I'll probably buy Pokemon Y version first as a hard copy. Luckily I'm on fall break when the games will be released so I can squeeze in some time to play the game before heading back to finish up mid-terms. I'll download Pokemon X later on (probably around Thanksgiving). Since I only use my Nintendo consoles for Pokemon and Mario, I'm not really concerned about it taking up too much space.

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
Oh, darn it. I just remembered that I have a band competition that Saturday. Darn it...
Uggghhhhhh! Life's not fair sometimes. I'll see if I can get my mom to pick it up. D:

Colton S

Beware Bewear
I hope it will be available at Walmart. I really don't think people are too interested in Pokemon in Kansas.

rocky505

Why wouldn't it be at Wal-Mart? Pokemon games are always at Wal-Mart. THey even have those pre order cards for XY.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
I'm goin to file a vacation just to play the game for the whole day. I regularly work on Saturday and it so happen that the release falls on this day thus I'm filing a vacation. :D

I'm goin to drive to Target early in the morning to get them Pokemon X! I do this whenever there's a new Pokemon game release ever since Sapphire/Ruby days..

Status
Not open for further replies.