• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

It seems that for the first time the games are going to get a release worldwide. Ie in Japan, America, Europe and Australia at the same time instead of being separated. (For those who do not know, currently the date is set for 'October'). Discuss this aspect here!

All posts, speculation or not, should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Let's promote a worthwhile discussion!

If you wish to exchange 3DS Friend Codes, please use our Official 3DS Friend Code Exchange Thread.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Well, it will prevent the "I can't get pass this section as I don't speak Japanese and I don't know the difference between Cat and Dog!"

Well mostly.. I personally think it's been needed for some time. The BW2 release made it clear that we'd eat up the content even if we couldn't understand it.

Blazios

A worldwide release, huh.

Given that I have a habit of binging on info during the Japanese release and tend to spoil myself, this means that I may finally be able to play through a Pokémon game while not recognising all the Pokémon I see.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I still can't get over the fact that Pokémon X and Y will be the first pokémon game to get a worldwide release. This pretty means that everyone start their Gen 6 adventure at the same time.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
I'm very glad we're getting them worldwide, since I've never had the discipline not to spoil the whole game once it's out in japan. I won't be able to avoid spoilers before release, but unless everything is leaked 2 weeks early I should finally be able to go into the game not knowing what to expect.

I am slightly sad that we never got the starter silhouette or name speculation phase though. That's always fun.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Hey guys, does anyone know if the worldwide release applies to other countries, or just europe-usa-japan.

Livin' in Singapore... :<

Draknir

Fear the Deer
At least now I don't have to wait, seeing as how anything past DSi-enhanced is region-locked and thusly I'd be wasting money if I got the Japanese version. I also won't be stumbling around as much if I get lost, since I'll actually be able to read what the game is telling me.

I have to wonder, though, how close to the one year mark from the international release dates of BW2 these will be.

mockingjay

swift and lol
Does this mean we may get updates in both English and Japanese now (same with event Pokemon reveals?)

idkk

@OceanicLanturn: It will depend on your country's distributor...

as far as I know, in Europe, only UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal and Russia have official Nintendo offices. the remainder of Europe gets games via distributors and that might take a little longer for those...

I remember that before Nintendo of Europe opened its branch in Portugal (my home country), the games never came to the stores on the release dates for Europe.

@Wormow: likely, since both Japan and the West are 10 months away from release... seems that the localization teams in America and Europe are getting more eficient as of recently, which is quite good.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
@OceanicLanturn: It will depend on your country's distributor...

as far as I know, in Europe, only UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal and Russia have official Nintendo offices. the remainder of Europe gets games via distributors and that might take a little longer for those...

I remember that before Nintendo of Europe opened its branch in Portugal (my home country), the games never came to the stores on the release dates for Europe.

@Wormow: likely, since both Japan and the West are 10 months away from release... seems that the localization teams in America and Europe are getting more eficient as of recently, which is quite good.

I think its because localization is now done by tpc along wth gf.
before it used to done by Nob after the Japanese release.

rocky505

Does this mean we may get updates in both English and Japanese now (same with event Pokemon reveals?)

idkk

Maybe with past event Pokemon like Mew, but not with new ones, unless the anime airs simultaneously which I highly doubt as it would actually rip Japan off with the movies airing in theaters there and just on TV in other countries.

Hey guys, does anyone know if the worldwide release applies to other countries, or just europe-usa-japan.

I don't see any problem with this. When GF first releases the Japanese versions, many retailers in various Asian countries tend to bring in the Japanese versions within a day or so, and if the "worldwide release" means that all languages are released on the same day, you'll probably see Japanese and English Pokemon X and Y on the same shelves at Comics Connection.

And yay, for living in Singapore too.

ludiloco

The thing that surprised me the most was the Worldwide Release.

I hope we can get the same events of the japanese at the same time.

With the worldwide release I think I'll be able to finally control myself to not reveal any information about the the game until I get a copy. But then again I love pre-planning my team, and I won't know about the version exclusives... I'm so torn!

Dark Storm

Frozen Solid!
Can't freaking wait, gonna be awesome to get the game so early, and be unspoilt(I was usually pretty good about this) but to cut through the game once blind will be fantastic.

IndigoTribesman

Compassion Warrior

I don't know about Singapore but in the Pokémon Direct it was confirmed for Japan, USA, Europe and Australia in October.

The Head Honchkrow

For me, this is the best thing about this announcement.
I recently (and rather foolishly) sold all my Pokemon games, so this'll be like a fresh start for me.

~The Head Honchkrow~

Unredemption

Seeing as Maxsoft had a launch event for BW2 in Funan on the day of its release, I'd say its highly possible that the games would be brought over within a few days (if not on the actual day) of the release. They might stagger the actual release time a little though, since GMT +8 is ahead of many other countries.

Hooray for Singapore too!

Ver-mont

Well, I can never help myself but playing the Japanese games as soon as they're released, even though I don't understand a thing they're saying; back in the day, until Gen IV, I still played the whole game again when it came out in English, but I found out I can't anymore. I never even got to Nimbasa in English Black 2.

So this worldwide release is a wonderful thing. I won't have to wait, and I get to play fully understanding everything.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
So happy at this. For the whole of Generation V, I spoiler it for myself by knowing everything before - Because I imported the JP versions. Then when it came for the English release I found it boring. This eliminates that! It also means that we will hopefully get information at the same time as Japan - So hopefully no "I know the Japanese version but not the english"

Status
Not open for further replies.