• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiller

im wondering how am i gonna know what pokemon are gonna have good stats because apparently nobody can hack a 3ds to find this, the early relese is a pro and con cos i like to pre plan my team but i wont be able to do that. but corocoro could reveal a few before relese to give me a idea what my team ccould be like.

Dreamy

do you guys think it'll be a one time thing or the new norm?

I think this is the right move for them to make, with so many people importing them anyway they might as well just release them worldwide. I think we can look forward to this being the new set up from now on.

I don't know, but something deep down inside me wants to call shenanigans. Why aren't they showing Silhouettes of the starters first THEN the starters themselves in a month or two? And speaking of the starters, to be honest... they don't look very promising. Chespin and Froakie might be something cool if they evolve, but they both look so fake to me. And Fennekin, I don't see anything good coming out of that design. It's mildly cute, and that's it. It looks slightly more official, though.
I honestly thought that this could be a "jumping the gun" situation, by someone leaking unfinished or unfinalized designs, but the trailer confirms the validity to me.
Something tells me this is the route Pokemon will be taking from now on until some even better kind of hand-held comes out, And I highly doubt that won't happen until something like VR-gaming (Virtual Reality) is everywhere.
With the 3DS platform just now nearing it's 2nd B-day, I think we still have at least two years before a new platform is announced.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I have to admit, I'm pretty torn about a worldwide release. I love being able to pre-plan my teams and get information on Pokemon and the content of the games, as I've never been much of a fan of "stumbling in the dark." That said, however, I think it could be a unique experience for me, as Pearl was the last game that I had no prior knowledge to when I played the game. In the end, I'm just hoping for an awesome game experience with Gen VI.

I'm sure we'll get information on many of the Pokemon before the games come out, but I could be wrong. Has that not happened before? Speaking Japan wise, before the games came out for them before anyone else.

I'm on board with you, too, I like to pre plan my team, but this could be better. Getting Pokemon you know and don't, coming out of the blue, and getting what you find/discover! That's a great aspect to playing the games. I haven't felt like that since Gen 3, when I had little connection to the internet. :p

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I honestly thought that this could be a "jumping the gun" situation, by someone leaking unfinished or unfinalized designs, but the trailer confirms the validity to me.

The Trailer could just be a well made hoax for all we know.

Meh, if it really is true, I look forward to seeing the new Pokemon. ...Although I haven't been impressed with the currently released ones.

EvilChameleon

Well, looks like I will finally have to get a 3DS then. This will be the year of Nintendo for me. Got a Wii U, next up, a 3DS. And it's about darn time they get a worldwide simultaneous release. They got close with BW2, now they get even with XY.

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
With the 3DS platform just now nearing it's 2nd B-day, I think we still have at least two years before a new platform is announced.

I meant that the style of play Gamefreak is going to do for the series. I mean, after 3D, what else will there be for them to evolve the Pokemon franchise should it stick around all through the next decade. Yeah we might be getting another handheld by Nintendo in two more years or so, but I'm pretty sure they're still going to focus on 3D then revert back to 2D, so the question is, what happens after 3D? Will it be VR-gaming, or will it be something completely new?

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I feel like the reason why we got the starters instantly is because

1) 9 or 10 issues of CoroCoro to go, and there is probably a lot they want to reveal before the games release.
2) Next month we are likely to get more about the movie - so they wanted people to know about the games before that (Especially seeming the leak with M15 last year)
3) They wanted to be kind rather than making us wait a bit more. Plus that way they could show some new Pokémon in battle in the trailer rather than just the old Pokémon

I have a bad feeling that this game is going to be delayed to 2014..it's just a feeling i have

Highly doubt it. Nintendo and GameFreak have yet to push back a Pokémon game (I think?) And we don't know how long these have been in production, and they won't have given a month if they weren't positive they were coming then. They could have easily said Coming Soon or Fall 2013, but they are most likely to be very very far into production, if not almost finishing production.

Last edited:

AphoticVoid

Pokémon Trainer
I actually wouldn't mind the release date being pushed to 2014. I wasn't expecting the new generation to appear so suddenly.

Judas

I actually wouldn't mind the release date being pushed to 2014. I wasn't expecting the new generation to appear so suddenly.

It's actually within the average amount of time between each generation. (3 years)

It better not be released on a Sunday or at the end of October. If it's released on a Sunday I won't get it until the Monday after and if it's at the end of October I won't be able to put in a request off for work during that week.

That's right. Taking a week off for this! The reason I can't request off at work though is because 3 other managers have to request off for their kids' birthday.

iAm_Michael

Mike Is Da Best!
Looks alright, really different and new, which could be a good thing.

The only thing that sucks is the fact I gotta learn like 150 more Pokemon names.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
I love that I'm not gonna know all the Pokemon right off the bat. The last time I had that was for R/S and I remember coming upon Absol and being like...I WANT THAT and the whole surprise is going to be awesome.

SunRiver

Guardian of Earth
Woooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Just came back home and saw the main page and boooooooooooooooooooooooom!!!

3d baby!

Stadium-esque battle system!!

Wooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Furret Master

Champion Seeker
I'm sure we'll get information on many of the Pokemon before the games come out, but I could be wrong. Has that not happened before? Speaking Japan wise, before the games came out for them before anyone else.

I'm on board with you, too, I like to pre plan my team, but this could be better. Getting Pokemon you know and don't, coming out of the blue, and getting what you find/discover! That's a great aspect to playing the games. I haven't felt like that since Gen 3, when I had little connection to the internet. :p

I can agree with that. I actually really like the look of the game, and the thought of how the experience will turn out is enough to keep my interest in buying the game once it comes out. Everyone taking a new journey together does sound promising, but I hope that they at least get some good information on the starters before the release to help the selection process.

Missingno.Fan

I wonder if this means that all new Pokemon games will be releases worldwide at the same time? This new idea seems a bit off to me. I am not saying that I am not excited for it, but I always liked seeing Cora Cora leaks before they are out in English. I guess on the plus side I wouldn't be seeing the complete Dex until maybe a few days before the game is released in America as opposed to 6+ months as it usually is.

I think it is a fantastic idea. I really didn't like waiting for a few months to get the game. The 10 month wait from now is already killing me >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.