• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebevan91

I'm sure we'll get information on many of the Pokemon before the games come out, but I could be wrong. Has that not happened before? Speaking Japan wise, before the games came out for them before anyone else.

I'm on board with you, too, I like to pre plan my team, but this could be better. Getting Pokemon you know and don't, coming out of the blue, and getting what you find/discover! That's a great aspect to playing the games. I haven't felt like that since Gen 3, when I had little connection to the internet. :p

I'll definitely try not to learn too much about the Pokemon before going in. I went in blind with Platinum (skipped D/P) and White and really didn't like it (well Platinum was OK) but I think it'll be different this time around.

trident20

ground types
oh wow i just realized october is ten months away.........................................*dies inside*

rook09

Of science.
I really am glad about this. I find when other games/movies/books are released in different locations at different times, you have to be really careful about where you wander in the internet, due to people deciding to put up spoilers without warning. But, with this way, we only will probably know what is released officially by Nintendo and any small leaks that get out. It'll also be interesting to have the entire global fan-base have the chance to start their adventures at the same time. Unless you work for Nintendo, no one will have any idea what's going to happen.

Shadow XD001

Worldwide release is great. I've always waited until the games would come out here, in USA, but now it's nice to know that we can start our journey in Gen 6 with all the otehr countries. Hopefully names of Pokémon/places will be localized in English the same day they get announced in Japan.

I didn't like how I played through Black and sometimes got things mixed up with the Japanese names. -_-

WaterTrainer243

Veteran Water Lover
I have to say, it's about frickin' time! Seriously, the Japanese versions always get better events than everyone else. Now that it's going to be worldwide, we can now get caught up!

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
It's going to be interesting to see how the worldwide release will be pulled off. CoroCoro usually does a batch of reveals per issue, but they may spread them out give October is 10 months from now. Plus, when they get a new Pokemon revealed, will we get the same new Pokemon revealed? I can only hope all countries will keep up with each other in regards to the promotion and news within the next 10 months.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Just got a call from my younger brother telling me about Pokémon X an Y and what can I say? I'm honestly blown away and 3DS international release? Can't wait till this fall, this made my day is such a big way I can't help but show love and appreciation.

Last edited:

joej m

Club Double Trouble
i love the fact that there is worldwide release. since i am a competitive battler (doubles) whenever a new gen starts there will be new strategies, and the japanese will figure them all out by the time i get the game and have mastered them. take that japan! xD

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
I think worldwide release is awesome, as most do. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get the Jap. version due to the region locking on the 3DS, but now there's no need to worry about it. But obviously it's a long way off, so that kinda brings me down. Also do you guys think the price will go up at all? I'm sure it wouldn't be too ridiculous like $60, but you never know really. I'd suspect it to be around $40, how about you all?

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
pros of worldwide release: no one has to wait longer than the other to get the games
cons: serebii.net wont be able to spoil things for me since i will most likely wind up finding these things out by myself.

I think thats the point.
remember when BW came out? nintendo hade serebii take down the pre-release photos to avoid spoilers. This prevents anyone from getting the game spoiled.

Lucas MV

Hey guys! I listened in the Direct that this worldwide release will be in Japan, Europe, Australia and THE AMERICAS. That's different from USA. I think this refers to the main South American countries too.
Do you know if this games will be release in October in some countries on South America?
I´m from Argentina, so that's why I'm asking.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Hey guys! I listened in the Direct that this worldwide release will be in Japan, Europe, Australia and THE AMERICAS. That's different from USA. I think this refers to the main South American countries too.
Do you know if this games will be release in October in some countries on South America?
I´m from Argentina, so that's why I'm asking.

when you first go to the poe=kemon site it asks your country and under the americas there are countries other than the us(i dont remember which ones though) so i would assume so.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
The idea of a non-simultaneous release - the idea that Japan got a game, and everyone else got the same thing nine months later - is utterly and absolutely contrary to the ideals of Pokemon, ever since worldwide connection became the norm for the series. Having one area of the world get a head-start on everyone else in terms of time to train, battle, learn, and collect is an extraordinarily unfair advantage, and it's about time we got this.

Status
Not open for further replies.