• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwitchyAssTaillow

Man seems like yesterday I was playing Pokemon on the Gameboy... I'm really looking forward to this too. I guess the one thing that I won't be able to do is plan out which Pokemon to be as my finalized party seeing as how this game is supposed to be a worldwide release. I guess it's probably best if I surprise myself as to who I can find and catch. The starters don't look to bad, and Fennekin seems like a potential starter for me... but I could still change my mind.

There is so much curiosity...

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
THIS IS OFFICIALLY A GUINNESS BOOK OF POKEWORLD RECORD!

Coming worldwide together on OCTOBER 2013!

Sweet alleluia unexpected awesomeness! Too bad I live in said address above location. Which means I HAVE TO WAIT POSSIBLY a day or week later! But one thing I pray, it WILL BE RELEASED ON LAUNCH DAY LIKE YOU AMERICANS AND JAPANESE TOO. Finally happened to us with English Black and White 2 last year.

Jimmy1

Pokemon Master
No more need to import games and play like a toddler!

Ausgirl

I think I might get both versions -one in English and the other in Japanese- for RNG purposes. That is assuming the 3DS can play games with different languages as I've only bought English language games before.

So I'm guessing the deer-like pkmn is for Pokemon X and the cool bird-like pokemon is for Pokemon Y? Cos of the blue and red in the logo's.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I think I might get both versions -one in English and the other in Japanese- for RNG purposes. That is assuming the 3DS can play games with different languages as I've only bought English language games before.

So I'm guessing the deer-like pkmn is for Pokemon X and the cool bird-like pokemon is for Pokemon Y? Cos of the blue and red in the logo's.

Isn't the 3ds region locked ?

Deer has an X pupil and Bird is shaped like a Y

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Isn't the 3ds region locked ?

Yes. It is region-locked. So, @Fearless, unless you have a Japanese 3DS, you can't play a Japanese 3DS game on a non-Japanese 3DS.

devildog201306

Event Collector
Its about time they did a worldwide release, the last few games came out i was all over the place getting info before it came out, and knew a lot of what happened so it all being new will be awesom plus that means we will all play first time together and now all we need is to get them to have all the events they release in japan to be worldwide and for us to get those awesome Pikachu 3DSxl and Charizard 3DSxl,,
Awesome Job to Pokemon the games look amazing and the legends along with it. Cant wait to get my hands on these :D

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
Hey, I just realised something... with the game coming on the 3DS, and at the same time in all places, the Shine hunting will be harder. That's great if you ask me. Shinies should be way more special than they are currently.

Aurath8

Hey, I just realised something... with the game coming on the 3DS, and at the same time in all places, the Shine hunting will be harder. That's great if you ask me. Shinies should be way more special than they are currently.

Why would shiny hunting be harder with a worldwide release?

MSK

It's gonna make VGC 14 interesting, with everyone getting it at the same time, no more Japanese or importer advantage playing time. Plus 3DS region locking means unless I get a Jap 3DS I'm gonna miss out on all the Japanese only wifi events!! :(
And I'm gonna have to learn how to RNG on the 3DS now for any of the new pokemon, although fingers crossed you can still transfer older gens to this new gen (although please let us take items this time!!!)

Judas

Why would shiny hunting be harder with a worldwide release?

The only way I can even see that being true is that less people will import the Japanese version. But there is the GTS.

The best thing about the international release is that we'll get English names with Japanese names now, so I won't have to remember the Japanese names. I still call Audino Tabunne.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
It's gonna be so weird playing the game not knowing what Pokemon are in there. I won't be able to really plan a team ahead of time.

Although everything will probably be leaked online before the games come out...

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
...I cannot see a game about a complicated and confusing topic like DNA being the theme of a Pokemon game :/

This would be a more convincing argument if BW2 hadn't introduced Ghetsis little DNA-spliced-legendaries plotline :) GF's ideas really seem to be moving in the directions of new formes etc, so if they decided to branch out a little and expand on the whole 'fusion' element I wouldn't be surprised. I only hope they don't push it too far and we end up in Digimon territory. It was made very clear that what Ghetsis was doing to Kyurem was inhumane and wrong, so I'm guessing if DNA and/or fusion appears as a theme at all, it'll be something for the bad guys to do and for the hero to stop, rather than you getting to experiment with it.

Word. Maybe that Twitter Ninja who had his friend doing fanarts as he leaked the entire dex will pop up again!

Flame Mistress

It's gonna be so weird playing the game not knowing what Pokemon are in there. I won't be able to really plan a team ahead of time.

Same here. I'm not used to surprises in Pokémon. It's probably better than exploring a world you've practically explored already, though, I suppose.

Aegon

And I'm gonna have to learn how to RNG on the 3DS now for any of the new pokemon, although fingers crossed you can still transfer older gens to this new gen (although please let us take items this time!!!)
That is if we'll even be able to RNG on the 3DS Pokémon games. I wouldn't be surprised if we couldn't.

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs

I kinda like that we only have looks to go on. It brings me back to my childhood :)

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
I'm the type of person who gourges on tons of info before the release to the point where i basically know everything about the game. when i played White, there wasn't a single pokemon i didn't recognize or know what they they were. so this time around i expect a full list of pokemon isn't going to be released before the release

Status
Not open for further replies.