• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
It's really cool that they'll finally be releasing the pokemon games worldwide on the same day. No more waiting a couple months to a year or two before we can play.
It'll be nice for once to get a game that'll be new to everyone in the world instead of having spoilers everywhere. I'll be getting both games like I've always done.
I'm hopping Nintendo/Game Freak will be doing this worldwide release thing for all the future generations from now on.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
It's really cool that they'll finally be releasing the pokemon games worldwide on the same day. No more waiting a couple months to a year or two before we can play.
It'll be nice for once to get a game that'll be new to everyone in the world instead of having spoilers everywhere. I'll be getting both games like I've always done.
I'm hopping Nintendo/Game Freak will be doing this worldwide release thing for all the future generations from now on.

Most likely not on the very same day, but at least the same week, me thinks. I'm so happy that I won't know ALL the new Pokémon and such~

Which is also sad, cuz' I really wanna see them all now. D:

Manene!

I hope the delay isn't too long. With the way information travels, it wouldn't be too long after the first release that all the website will have it. I want to know as little about this game as possible when I start, but that might be pretty hard since I have very little self-restraint when it comes to spoilers.

I hope the delay isn't too long. With the way information travels, it wouldn't be too long after the first release that all the website will have it. I want to know as little about this game as possible when I start, but that might be pretty hard since I have very little self-restraint when it comes to spoilers.

If it helps, North America will either get it first, or last since North American's releases tend to happen on Sundays. Europe tends to land on Fridays, and Japan gets stuff on Saturdays. I'm not sure about Australia or anywhere else though.

So Europeans, you may end up with the game first this time.

Cosmic_SlayerX

The New Champion
I hope the release is on a friday so I can play through the weekend w/o having to worry about classes.

DSDark

Breeder
I hope the release is on a friday so I can play through the weekend w/o having to worry about classes.

It'll be on a Sunday or a Tuesday for the States

The thing that is most interesting to be me about X and Y as a whole is for once having the ability to discover new pokemon. Up until now North America as always received pokemon games later and we've been able to watch over the course of several days everyone who imported or those playing in Japan discover and detail all of the new pokemon. Which has been very useful when deciding what starter to chose and what other pokemon to use during the course of the game.

With X and Y the rest of the world will get to experience in their native languages what japanese understanding players have been able to do during the entire existence of pokemon. That is really exciting and that is the number one thing i'm looking forward to experiences come October.

Bramblefire

Aura Guardian
It'll be on a Sunday or a Tuesday for the States

The thing that is most interesting to be me about X and Y as a whole is for once having the ability to discover new pokemon. Up until now North America as always received pokemon games later and we've been able to watch over the course of several days everyone who imported or those playing in Japan discover and detail all of the new pokemon. Which has been very useful when deciding what starter to chose and what other pokemon to use during the course of the game.

With X and Y the rest of the world will get to experience in their native languages what japanese understanding players have been able to do during the entire existence of pokemon. That is really exciting and that is the number one thing i'm looking forward to experiences come October.

This is probably what I'm looking forward the most in X/Y. Imagine encountering a pokemon and discovering it for the first time. Kinda makes me want to avoid any news about new pokemon as much as possible so there will be no "Oh there's that pokemon that they revealed"

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Not to sound impatient and such, but I really think we should get some new info soon. D: Just some minor info, like the classifications of the starters and legendaries, and such... anything.

This will be 10 long months. *sad*

DSDark

Breeder
This is probably what I'm looking forward the most in X/Y. Imagine encountering a pokemon and discovering it for the first time. Kinda makes me want to avoid any news about new pokemon as much as possible so there will be no "Oh there's that pokemon that they revealed"

What I'm going to do is absorb all of the information relased about x and y up until one week before release.

Phoenixfatih

That experience would be amazing; but I don't think I'll be able to do it.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I will keep up with the news and watch the New Pokémon and such in Coro Coro. But, when BW was released, only about 50 of 156 Pokémon were officially revealed. So, knowing of some of the Pkmn isn't that bad.

I'm totally keeping up with CoroCoro and stuff, but I'm not going to follow Serebii's coverage this time. I'm only going in with my knowledge of the pre-release info, and nothing more.

Flame Mistress

If it helps, North America will either get it first, or last since North American's releases tend to happen on Sundays. Europe tends to land on Fridays, and Japan gets stuff on Saturdays. I'm not sure about Australia or anywhere else though.

So Europeans, you may end up with the game first this time.
From what I've seen, Australia tends to get stuff on Thursdays or Saturdays. So yeah, if we/they get lucky, either Europe or Australia will get the games first.

From what I've seen, Australia tends to get stuff on Thursdays or Saturdays. So yeah, if we/they get lucky, either Europe or Australia will get the games first.

I'm in the US, so it's not good news for me :). But I'm happy for the Europeans if they get it first, because they've had to wait for all the other games so it's only fair. Plus, it would be kind of cool if they got it first since the game is based in a European region.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I really hope Europe gets it first... I don't trust myself to not spoil stuff. D:

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
Not to sound impatient and such, but I really think we should get some new info soon. D: Just some minor info, like the classifications of the starters and legendaries, and such... anything.

This will be 10 long months. *sad*

If it helps, it's actually 9 long months.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Status
Not open for further replies.