• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
So if I preorder online I'll surely get it on the 12th or even earlier? If so I might just do that. Throws my earlier plan of going to the store in the early morning in a big coat, cap and sunglasses to (all those children that will be there...ugh).

You will literally never see those kids, their parents, or the Gamestop employees ever again. Nobody even cares that you're buying it. If you absolutley have to, make up an excuse saying that you're buying it for your son at home who's down with the flu.

Bottom line is, nobody cares.

MrDuck

Thanks for the many replies :). Well maybe I'll just download it from the E-shop. First time I'll do that. But October 12th is still far away of course so I have some time to decide.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Oh your problem is with people seeing you? meh like Paradoxe said if you are somehow ashamed who cares the kids wont see you again like he said.

My problem with the kids is if there are a lot of them, I'll have to wait before buying the game, I hate shopping, I go in buy what I want and leave, being it clothing, food, games I don't like to lose time shopping thats my only issue, otherwise who cares and if you have any problem if a kid asks you something yeah, say its for your nephew or wtv even if you don't have one, you probably won't knwo the kid anyway.

MrDuck

Oh your problem is with people seeing you? meh like Paradoxe said if you are somehow ashamed who cares the kids wont see you again like he said.

My problem with the kids is if there are a lot of them, I'll have to wait before buying the game, I hate shopping, I go in buy what I want and leave, being it clothing, food, games I don't like to lose time shopping thats my only issue, otherwise who cares and if you have any problem if a kid asks you something yeah, say its for your nephew or wtv even if you don't have one, you probably won't knwo the kid anyway.

Well, I know I shouldn't really be ashamed because Pokemon is a game for all ages. But some people of my age (18-19) just have that stereotype view of Pokemon being for kids you know. And I also don't like shopping, I always cringe when I get asked to go shopping for clothes :p.

JW1004

So if I preorder online I'll surely get it on the 12th or even earlier? If so I might just do that. Throws my earlier plan of going to the store in the early morning in a big coat, cap and sunglasses to (all those children that will be there...ugh).

I know the feeling lol

confuser987

Knowing that it will will release internationally to the very same day, I feel that the retail release will be like Fire Emblem Awakening in America where many stores don't have it...

JW1004

Knowing that it will will release internationally to the very same day, I feel that the retail release will be like Fire Emblem Awakening in America where many stores don't have it...

That could possibly lead to a lot of anger and chaos if that happens!

BCVM22

I think they know what they're doing. It's not as if they have decided right now this very second how they're going to release it, or that this very second is smack dab in the middle of the mass production process where plans are already in motion to produce a certain number.

Fire Emblem was also undershipped, and perhaps understandably so. This isn't Fire Emblem.

You will have problems getting it day of if you don't preorder, absolutely. But not for the reasons you fear.

That could possibly lead to a lot of anger and chaos if that happens!

Over something as frivolous as a video game? I hope not.

Skiddsy

Amping It Up
I think they know what they're doing. It's not as if they have decided right now this very second how they're going to release it, or that this very second is smack dab in the middle of the mass production process where plans are already in motion to produce a certain number.

Fire Emblem was also undershipped, and perhaps understandably so. This isn't Fire Emblem.

You will have problems getting it day of if you don't preorder, absolutely. But not for the reasons you fear.

It will also be available on eShop, remember - and while eShop can be a bit slower on opening night, it's totally available.

Unless there are pre-order rewards (Like the figurines for HG/SS and the like), I'm not preordering. I have a local wal-mart and will go at midnight, just like I did for Animal Crossing: New Leaf. They don't take preorders - first come, first serve.

Missingno.Fan

I went to get Black the day it came out and I went to Gamestop before it even opened and waited outside. Seriously there was only like one or two kids there. The rest were teens/adults. I suggest you get the store as soon as it opens.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I'll just call my local store and ask them to tell me as soon as the game is available :p

That's how I got my Reshiram DSi, HeartGold, and Black 2.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
That's why I love my local Gamestop. Even on release day of games...it's never busy. I mean it's right next to Wal-Mart...soo. I plan on getting a 3DS either sometime this summer or sometime in September and then getting 'X' on release day since I will most likely have absolutely nothing going on that day.

UnovaCastaway

I remember the day BW was released in the US. I was helping at an event trying to recruit new people to a charity theater group in a mall, and our table was within view of the Gamestop. There were about 5 or 6 people outside Gamestop before it even opened. I had preordered my copy at Best Buy, which I picked up later in the afternoon. I was one of the last preorders to pick it up.

For XY, I'll be at New York Comic Con and will go to Nintendo World for their launch event! (did the same thing for BW2, it was great!)

JW1004

I'll just call my local store and ask them to tell me as soon as the game is available :p

That's how I got my Reshiram DSi, HeartGold, and Black 2.
I pre=ordered the game by a store called Game Mania, they will send me a text when it is available for me!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
If people REALLY want it day-of, without much hassle, it's already confirmed to be going up on the eShop. No kids, can get while at weddings, etc. And you can start downloading at midnight.

That's what I fully intend to do. Take a nap on Friday at around 7:00, wake up five hours later, and start downloading the game.

And I also don't like shopping, I always cringe when I get asked to go shopping for clothes :p.

Well, you know what you're going into the store for, and you probably know where to find it. It's not like you're trying the game on for size, and it's not like there will be any hot girls anywhere within five miles to make fun of you if you look stupid.

It will also be available on eShop, remember - and while eShop can be a bit slower on opening night, it's totally available.

Unless there are pre-order rewards (Like the figurines for HG/SS and the like), I'm not preordering. I have a local wal-mart and will go at midnight, just like I did for Animal Crossing: New Leaf. They don't take preorders - first come, first serve.

Gamestop's usually got pre-order rewards, and I live fifteen minutes away from one. Hopefully they'll sell download codes for the game, so I can get the pre-order with a digital copy.

I went to get Black the day it came out and I went to Gamestop before it even opened and waited outside. Seriously there was only like one or two kids there. The rest were teens/adults. I suggest you get the store as soon as it opens.

Eh. I usually go in the morning, and there might be a five minute wait in line. My area isn't exactly densely populated, though (it's near the state capital, but there's a mall there with another Gamestop so asagaqutvzxb), so it may be different for you.

diakyu

Oh god, I didn't think about the download option. I guess I will be avoiding the forms after all.

rocky505

If those are real then I might hold off buying a XL.

Status
Not open for further replies.