• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
What did you guys think about this
could this be the limited edition 3ds?

To answer to the sentence "That’s a big box for a 3DS game….could it be?"

It's a big box because they want it to be well viewable and to catch the public's attention since they haven't received the special 3DS yet nor the games. The box we will get will be for sure at the standard size for both the special 3DS and X&Y.

Chomper4

Yes, you may.

Cool, I think it will show a Team Flare admin, Clemont and Grant's type specialties, eleven new pokemon including the tree, how to evolve eevee into sylveon, what other types the fairy type is strong and weak against, and more on accessories.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Considering the massive amount of 3D models (Pokemon, Characters, environment, and other whatnot) this game has (add the music too), this is not surprising.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
How much memory can a 3DS game have on a gamecard? Does anyone know what empty space is used for?
Thanks in advance :p

3DS game cartridges can have a maximum size of 8GB, and 1GB minimum.
So, since XY is 1.7GB, it will most likely use a 2GB cartridge. The unused memory of the cartridge is what it is -- unused space.
Game fixes and updates aren't stored in the cartridge. It's stored on your system, or the SD card.

If you're going to download digitally from the eShop, then you only download the actual size of the game.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
It has been announced that the games Pokémon X & Y will both be distributed via a special download card in various retail stores across Japan in addition to the standard release as both cartridges and directly on the eShop. This follows on from various previous games on the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. However, these download cards have confirmed how much space is required on the SD card in order to play it. You need to have at least 1.7GB, approximately 14,000 blocks, of space on your SD card to download the game. It's also confirmed that you'll be unable to have two games communicate on the same system should both be downloaded

anybody reconsidering purchasing on the eShop?

Bariokie

rock dog
Considering the massive amount of 3D models (Pokemon, Characters, environment, and other whatnot) this game has (add the music too), this is not surprising.

I know but.
The Legend Of Zelda 3DS was also a big game and did have 2,000 blocks?

This game must be massive...

Pspaans

X&Y Fan
Hm... I'm still going to buy Y at the Eshop (unless a cardridge is MUCH cheaper), I've deleted al my demo's and spotpass trash (nobody in my area has an 3ds, so it's useless anyway) and I have 14,083 blocks left, so I'll wait if there are any DLC things, if so, I will go for the cardridge...

Necrobat

Competitive hopeful
A shame we won't be able to have both versions communicate with one another. I have space to install both too. :(

Necrobat

Competitive hopeful
Because stating that rules out any possibility of a Box like application down the track; which would've been great for people who felt like restarting but didn't want to lose everything.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
Because stating that rules out any possibility of a Box like application down the track; which would've been great for people who felt like restarting but didn't want to lose everything.

im sure that will be a wii u game or something like that

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
A shame we won't be able to have both versions communicate with one another. I have space to install both too. :(

You realize that even if you have both games, you need to have the other game active in order for the games to communicate.
Since you only have a single 3DS, and we can only run one game at a time, the only means to do so, is by having the game in another system.

Necrobat

Competitive hopeful
You realize that even if you have both games, you need to have the other game active in order for the games to communicate.
Since you only have a single 3DS, and we can only run one game at a time, the only means to do so, is by having the game in another system.

Doesn't mean it wouldn't have had the ability to access the box data of each game though as some sort of "sibling's PC" or something.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Doesn't mean it wouldn't have had the ability to access the box data of each game though as some sort of "sibling's PC" or something.

I really doubt they would allow that. One thing that comes to mind is save exploit (cloning).

You backup your save into your PC, transfer the Pokemon.
After transfer, copy the back-up save data into the SD and overwrite the previous save.
Rinse and repeat.

Another issue is unauthorized access of someone else's save.
Thirdly, it does not promote socialization and trading, which GameFreak highly advocates.

GerudoPrince

Desert Glider
How long would it take for the game to download though. Would it not be quicker to just buy the cartridge? Are there any advantages for eshop download, other than you can do it from home?

rocky505

I think it depends on your internet speed and how many people are on the eShop downloading it.

GerudoPrince

Desert Glider
So given it's being released worldwide at the same time....it's going to take a while

Status
Not open for further replies.