• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerudoPrince

Desert Glider
So, I couldn't find another place to put this random question.

There are always things about games that people don't like, but so far for the release of X and Y I can happily say I haven't been disappointing with anything (so far), however I was talking to a friend of mine about the game and he wouldn't stop about talking about the things he dislikes so far. My question to everyone here is:

What (if anything) has been the biggest disappointment reveal so far about these games?

As I said above I don't have one so I'll share what my friend's biggest was: "It still sounds like the same 'generic' story line that every main Pokemon game hands us: Start out with a fire/water/grass Pokemon, get a Dex, battle Gyms, fight the Elite 4. I was hoping they would finally change this soon... Maybe next Gen."

I like that it's the same formula. It's what makes it a main Pokemon game and not a spin-off game like mystery dungeon or XD etc.

For me I think the worldwide release thing they wanted to highlight could have been implemented even better by having reveals more frequently, but with less revealed each time. E.g. instead of having reveals on the official website each month (usually after corocoro), they could have updated each week with one or two new pokemon. We'd have the same number of Pokemon revealed as now, but they would have been spread out more evenly.

It gives people something to look forward to that's official and consistent. It seems like we're still just waiting for corocoro leaks each time and it doesn't feel as "global".

dman_dustin

I would imagine a lot of people will be downloading the games at the same time. Would this affect an individual's download speed at all?

Logically, yes, but then you'd have to consider other factors as well, not just the sheer number of people downloading the games at once.

I think one those factors, is server load, or something like that, which is meaning I think the more servers there are, the more likely it will be able to handle the requests, and therefore would allow one to download a game at a normal rate. While less servers, will definitely make the download rate a lot slower.

But I could be wrong, someone more technical would probably be able to explain more.

BCVM22

The short version is that yes, all of the various international Nintendo subsidiaries know what kind of game this is going to be and will do their best to devote as many server resources as they can to making the game available, but the sheer number of people who will be downloading the game from each international server at once dictate that yes, it's still going to take you longer than usual.

toxictwinkie

The short version is that yes, all of the various international Nintendo subsidiaries know what kind of game this is going to be and will do their best to devote as many server resources as they can to making the game available, but the sheer number of people who will be downloading the game from each international server at once dictate that yes, it's still going to take you longer than usual.

Especially with Australian Internet ;P.........and I like physical copies anyhow.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Bariokie

rock dog
Has this been posted?

It amuses me that guide's description here doesn't mention Super Training.

Well it says: Key details.
And super training would be something little, wouldn't it?

Edit: who of you all are going to Nintendo World to get it 1 day earlier?
Or maybe: being one of the first one in the world to get X and Y.

Well I'm going to try to be the first one in the Netherlands to get it ;)
Already got my campfire ready xD

Last edited:

Ditto24

I like that it's the same formula. It's what makes it a main Pokemon game and not a spin-off game like mystery dungeon or XD etc.

For me I think the worldwide release thing they wanted to highlight could have been implemented even better by having reveals more frequently, but with less revealed each time. E.g. instead of having reveals on the official website each month (usually after corocoro), they could have updated each week with one or two new pokemon. We'd have the same number of Pokemon revealed as now, but they would have been spread out more evenly.

It gives people something to look forward to that's official and consistent. It seems like we're still just waiting for corocoro leaks each time and it doesn't feel as "global".

It's still pretty global, I'd rather wait a few days for translation on anything as opposed to 6 months. Remember that the leaks are just that, 'leaks'. All the sites are usually updated within 24 hours around the 14th/15th that's still consistent, GF can't control corocoro issues being delivered early. I agree it's a bit of a pain to wait a month but it build up the excitement to new levels when it reaches that time again, I think I'd not be so hyped up if it was a tiny bit of info every Saturday or something.

Plus organising promotion will be easier if they do it once a month than have to have something new and different every week.

Luna Moon

Anyone heard of different Pre-order promo's?

At several stores here in The Netherlands, we have different promotions then I heard else where.
At one store we get a case for the 3DS:
pokemonxy2.png

At a different store, we get a pluche keyring:
th_sleutel_hanger.jpg

But so far nothing else... =C

Bit of a let down these bonusses..

Tf916

Parappa the Rapper
Nope, i haven't heard anything about different promo's.. Only for the UK and Japan so far.

Bariokie

rock dog
Anyone heard of different Pre-order promo's?

At several stores here in The Netherlands, we have different promotions then I heard else where.
At one store we get a case for the 3DS:
pokemonxy2.png

At a different store, we get a pluche keyring:
th_sleutel_hanger.jpg

But so far nothing else... =C

Bit of a let down these bonusses..

Hey, I live in the Netherlands too.

At wich store they give that case?
Intertoys?

Aetius

Forgive me if I'm making a dumb question, but all these promos are available also in the west or only in Japan?

Last edited:

cyberworrier94

Story Writer
Has this been posted?

It amuses me that guide's description here doesn't mention Super Training.

I spy with my little eye the picture with the Pokemon 3DS case shows a oddly colored 3DS regular. My guess is that once again, the US is releasing a themed 3DS with a hit game, but not in the XL form :/

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I spy with my little eye the picture with the Pokemon 3DS case shows a oddly colored 3DS regular. My guess is that once again, the US is releasing a themed 3DS with a hit game, but not in the XL form :/

It's a red 3DS but it has enough space to store a 3DS XL (at least it seems to have more free space around the console).

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
well I got my poster from Gametop here and apprently from my bf at his gamestop he was told that when you get the game u get a code for some pokemon but I dont think that will be true unless we get some info in the near future before the game is out

I can't believe different countries get different bonuses. I just hope we all get the XL and not just Japan. I would love to get one with X installed since I did preordered Y from my Gamestop

Status
Not open for further replies.