• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bariokie

rock dog
I guess we won't get an X and Y demo since they re only giving it at game places as the Japanese Game show, Gamescon and somewhere in Germany.
Or we'll get it the last days before X and Y?

Aurath8

I guess we won't get an X and Y demo since they re only giving it at game places as the Japanese Game show, Gamescon and somewhere in Germany.
Or we'll get it the last days before X and Y?

I don't think we'll get a demo. Demos are released to help convince people who are on the fence to get the game, not to give fans who will already buy the game an opportunity to get more hyped. Since Pokemon is so popular as it is I don't think they'll release one.

Mr.FusRoDah

Ladies and Gentlemen, according to the front page, there's a new type of evolution...
MEGA-EVOLUTION!
Idk what to think, I'm shocked. How does it work? Obviously Mewtwo evolves now, but what about Ampharos and Blaziken? Are they alternate evolutions, or are they a 4th stage?

dman_dustin

I don't think we'll get a demo. Demos are released to help convince people who are on the fence to get the game, not to give fans who will already buy the game an opportunity to get more hyped. Since Pokemon is so popular as it is I don't think they'll release one.

I disagree, I fail to see the point in allowing special people to be able to play the game in demo form, but leaving the rest of the world to wait for the release of the games.

If the game didn't need a demo on eshop, there shouldn't have been one, period.

Aurath8

I disagree, I fail to see the point in allowing special people to be able to play the game in demo form, but leaving the rest of the world to wait for the release of the games.

If the game didn't need a demo on eshop, there shouldn't have been one, period.

That's because demos at game expos are trying to get people hyped about the game. If you look at the roster of demos released to the eShop you see that they were chosen to be released for the purpose I described. That's why there wasn't a demo for Super Mario 3D Land or Kid Icarus: Uprising. Nintendo knows they'll be a success.

BCVM22

So... because you, personally, can't go to a trade show that's being held in a fairly populated country, there shouldn't be a demo at all?

I'm hoping you see the flaw in the logic here.

dman_dustin

So... because you, personally, can't go to a trade show that's being held in a fairly populated country, there shouldn't be a demo at all?

I'm hoping you see the flaw in the logic here.

If you think I'm the only one who won't be going to the gaming trade show, then sure, flawed logic.

But only a specific select few get to play this demo. Sure, it might be a lot, but I doubt it's a majority of Pokemon fans, or video game fans that will get to play.

I'm just saying why allow a select few to participate in an activity that most people will never get to participate in?

Is it some kind of reward for those who can make it to the trade show?

BCVM22

By your logic, Nintendo should never do any sort of special launch events or giveaways or anything at their Nintendo World store in NYC. Because why should a select few be allowed to do things that not everyone can get to? That's pretty unfair to people who live away from the city.

If we have to have the discussion as to why companies do events at public locations in the first place that no, not everyone can get to, then there's no point in continuing.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue

Gamescom and "somewhere in Germany" are the same thing... Gamescom is in Germany and that's the only region we know so far besides Japan that gets to try the XY Demo.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Gamescom is the one of the Europe's Trade Games shows. It's small compared to E3.

Many of the Gaming Germans have a working understanding of English, some games are so poorly Translated in German, they play in English and translate themselves. I'd quote what one Native German thinks of a certain game German Translation, but I'd risk a ban.

I heard that there was a Pokémon X/Y Demo at E3. The good news is that there most likey will be English units available and some people may be allowed to Take photographs.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I heard that there was a Pokémon X/Y Demo at E3. The good news is that there most likey will be English units available and some people may be allowed to Take photographs.

Nice because there is a big chance we will get a new Pokémon or something we don't know about yet.

diakyu

SInce there really isn't a place to ask this yet, is it true that the soundtrack has 220 tracks? That's a lot! BW2 only had like 119.

Bariokie

rock dog
SInce there really isn't a place to ask this yet, is it true that the soundtrack has 220 tracks? That's a lot! BW2 only had like 119.

It could mean we can go to 2 regions since there is an gate at the left and there is no where we could go with the trains.
Except going to another region/ part of Kalos....

Blazios

It could mean we can go to 2 regions since there is an gate at the left and there is no where we could go with the trains.

Or not.

B/W had 169 tracks for a single region. The reason Black 2 and White 2 had a smaller soundtrack is because a great deal of the songs in the game were from B/W and the soundtracks tend to only consist of songs new to the game.

nuzamaki90

Or or or...

Routes and cities each have their own exclusive music rather than a bunch of routes sharing the same songs..

And did you hear the Gym Trainer music? I'm really surprised they finally gave them their own exclusive themes

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Or or or...

Routes and cities each have their own exclusive music rather than a bunch of routes sharing the same songs..

And did you hear the Gym Trainer music? I'm really surprised they finally gave them their own exclusive themes

Nice Music.. and Nice Dancing Junichi Masuda! (Video with the Entire speech- English with Japanese: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWq6UEO2k5w&list=UUUIJFJJLhxIrZVdAVdwL3bQ The 220 Tracks was mention by the translator.)

I'm not sure if it was a certain Gymleader Trainer Battle theme. But I'd think Korrina would have that one if it was the case.

In most of the games only a few places shared the same tune. However early games, most tunes "sound" similar due to the same Instruments. The 8GB limit by the 3DS Card is now higher than most console games today. I've got to say is that Game Freak can now use MP3 with Alot less worry with file size, and make better sounding music all the time.

The GB Could only do "Bleeps". The GBA had poor quality Synths, but could play some sound betters. The DS Synths were not bad but only could play more instruments than the GBA. Files for Synths are really small, but they are generated ON the console when it's being played. Plus the 3DS Synth isn't actually that bad: http://youtu.be/ucViXskL0w0 (It is slightly "better" than a Early 90's Keyboard Korg M1 which is proberbly one of the better keyboard of that time. You will recognise some of the sounds that it made.))

The GBA & DS could play files Like Wavs and MP3s which was generally used for VO.. but for Music, the 500MB limit of a DS card is a killer. Lego Rockband and Band Hero probably was the Most MP3 Audio in DS games. With the 3DS's 8GB Limit.. Making MP3 soundtrack and just using Orchestral sound is actually Viable.

diakyu

I want to know as well, because all I hear is that typical Pokemon music that plays throughout the video.
Here it is. It's around 11:27 but you can't really hear it.

Something interesting is that it's the gym trainer theme, not the gym leader theme. That's new right?

Status
Not open for further replies.