• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Bah I'm not sure I'll buy the 3DS anymore, its 228 pounds in shopto aka 270 euros, thats a lot of money for just a console without the game, are they trying to milk us because we hav whined that we wanted the special 3DSs also?

Damn I was looking forward to upgrading to one of this but thasts just a lot, I can almost buy a Wii U with that and probably half of the money I'm getting in this shitty 3 month job I just got...

toxictwinkie

Awwww yeah Australia is confirmed to be getting the limited edition Pokemon X/Y 3DS XL as well. Very happy, I hate feeling like I am missing out for no good reason ^_^

Cobalt_Latios

I know it says "North America", but any news of Canada getting the 3DS XL's as well? Checked a few stores online... nothing.

MrDuck

Bah I'm not sure I'll buy the 3DS anymore, its 228 pounds in shopto aka 270 euros, thats a lot of money for just a console without the game, are they trying to milk us because we hav whined that we wanted the special 3DSs also?

Damn I was looking forward to upgrading to one of this but thasts just a lot, I can almost buy a Wii U with that and probably half of the money I'm getting in this shitty 3 month job I just got...

270 euros is ridiculously high and a rip-off. I bought my 3ds xl last year in October and it was only 180 euros.

Necrobat

Competitive hopeful
Not much of a fan of any of the limited edition consoles; think they could've done much better. (look at the D/P DS Lite for a good example!)

I'm super excited to play Pokemon Y in Japanese. Is anyone else going to be playing in a language that isn't their native language? It'll be so exciting. I think it will make the Kalos region feel even more foreign, new, and exciting!

Having played the last two generations blind in Japanese, I'm certainly looking forward to being able to play through, at launch, in English to enjoy the story. That being said, due to the multilingual setup of the games, I do hope they let us use the extra alphabets and character sets for nicknames. Would love to continue my tradition of having my WiFi team named in Japanese. :)

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
Well, that sounds interesting. I will definely play Y over in Japanese. In the meantime, I'll play in English, and for the first time in forever, I'll be nicknaming my Pokemon throughout, except Yveltal, lol.

rocky505

How was the Dialga/Palkia DS Lite any better? It's the same thing as these. Both have both mascots on them in 2 different colors. I even owned the DP one and it's hinge broke so I had to sell it to help pay for my 3DS a few years ago.

Necrobat

Competitive hopeful
How was the Dialga/Palkia DS Lite any better? It's the same thing as these. Both have both mascots on them in 2 different colors. I even owned the DP one and it's hinge broke so I had to sell it to help pay for my 3DS a few years ago.

Doesn't have the massive display of the version letters breaking up the background looking out of place, and the design on the top was more stylised I feel then the current offerings. *shrugs*

DryBones

Event Collector
Funnily enough that about sums up my feelings on the gold one; just too busy with its design.

Yeah I suppose it is kinda clustered. It's mainy the gold colour that makes me think 'wow'.

When they did the golden Zelda GBA SP (which was released over here, I just never got it), I went crazy for it then too.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I'd rather design my game system with my own stickers like I have in the past. I'm getting the Nintendo 2DS the same day I get X and Y and I dunno where to place the stickers. How long til 6th gen Pokemon stickers come out? Anyone know?

Necrobat

Competitive hopeful
Yeah I suppose it is kinda clustered. It's mainy the gold colour that makes me think 'wow'.

When they did the golden Zelda GBA SP (which was released over here, I just never got it), I went crazy for it then too.

It was simple and effective. Actually think my step-brothers Zelda SP is on my bookcase somewhere now I think about it. >_>

But I think that's just been a case of most special editions released outside of Japan; we tend to get the more... simplified designs. Not necessarily a bad thing though, as I do quite like a lot of those...

DryBones

Event Collector
It was simple and effective. Actually think my step-brothers Zelda SP is on my bookcase somewhere now I think about it. >_>

But I think that's just been a case of most special editions released outside of Japan; we tend to get the more... simplified designs. Not necessarily a bad thing though, as I do quite like a lot of those...

I have the black SP, which I really like.

As for the Red/Blue pokemon 3DSs, they do seem like cool designs. The only thing I'd change is the 'XY' motif on the background of them.

Necrobat

Competitive hopeful
I have the black SP, which I really like.

As for the Red/Blue pokemon 3DSs, they do seem like cool designs. The only thing I'd change is the 'XY' motif on the background of them.

That's probably what really puts me off then. It just seems so... out of place and breaks what could be a great design without it.

I mean, it's not like people who recognise the designs won't know it's X/Y. lol

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I'd rather design my game system with my own stickers like I have in the past. I'm getting the Nintendo 2DS the same day I get X and Y and I dunno where to place the stickers. How long til 6th gen Pokemon stickers come out? Anyone know?

My poor console, I would never put stickers on it, plus meh 2DS is not really sticker friendly, thing doesnt fold, guessing ther sticker will look kind bad on the "back" of the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.