• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Why wait till morning? I thought the downloading process was a matter of minutes.

I have no experience from eShop downloads, so I just take the opinions shared from here into my consideration.

And, if we think that the games will be 1.7GB and since it will be downloaded via wireless and everyone will try to download it which will cause a huge server queue, "Download Later" option seems more plausible for me.

DryBones

Event Collector
Yeah, the download will take at least an hour (and thats being generous) if not longer I imagine. Dependant on your internet speed and how many people are also downloading it (a lot :p).

You'll be able to play it by morning though, I estimate a 3am-6am finishing window if your internet speed is average or above.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Yeah, the download will take at least an hour (and thats being generous) if not longer I imagine. Dependant on your internet speed and how many people are also downloading it (a lot :p).

You'll be able to play it by morning though, I estimate a 3am-6am finishing window if your internet speed is average or above.

Glad I decided to buy the caritage instead of download.

Necrobat

Competitive hopeful
Guess I'm lucky I'm Australian in this case; our internet sucks, most people knows it sucks, so probably won't be many people downloading because of it. :D

MegaAbsol

With our internet speed even if we started download at midnight it would still be quicker to go in and get the games in store at 9am.... I prefer hard copies any way due to my bad luck with consoles breaking, I wouldn't want to lose anything if the 3DS did break.

Tf916

Parappa the Rapper
Was thinking about downloading it but i rather just have the Hard Copy and nothing beats going into a store and buying it.

DryBones

Event Collector
Price for me to go into town and pick it up from Game: £38.30 (Game price plus travel expenses)
Price for me to buy it online and have it delivered normally if the Royal Mail strike doesn't go ahead £32
Price for me to buy it online and have it delivered by courier in case RM does have a strike: £38.

Hopefully I'll be able to pick which method I'm doing soon.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Buying game at GameStop --> Download --------> Mailed to my house

I just prefer to drive to my local GameStop since I can just drive during the morning over there and not wait a while for the mailman to come by. Downloads are neat too in my opinion since I can get it at midnight instead of 10:00 A.M.

Necrobat

Competitive hopeful
Buying game at GameStop --> Download --------> Mailed to my house

I just prefer to drive to my local GameStop since I can just drive during the morning over there and not wait a while for the mailman to come by. Downloads are neat too in my opinion since I can get it at midnight instead of 10:00 A.M.

Entire reason I'm doing it. Though because DST will be in then, and my state doesn't get affected, I'll actually have the download starting just after 11pm. :)

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Price for me to go into town and pick it up from Game: £38.30 (Game price plus travel expenses)
Price for me to buy it online and have it delivered normally if the Royal Mail strike doesn't go ahead £32
Price for me to buy it online and have it delivered by courier in case RM does have a strike: £38.

And I wonder the price of the digital download, do you think it will be around 34.99?

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I see, thank you. In that case, I might download the game at midnight and keep the 3DS open until morning and it is downloaded.

You can also close your 3DS while downloading if you choose the proper option. It will appear as a "gift" then.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz

I would suggest get it from game if royal mail strikes as its 30p more but you can have it at 9am were as if you get it delivered by courier they sometimes don't deliver until later in the day/evening

MegaAbsol

It would cost us just £7 to go on the bus to go get the games, we have more than enough store credit to get them both with so it is actually the cheapest option for us :p
Got to go in on the 27th September too if possible to pick up the red SE Pokemon 3DS XL, that one better not break as I'll be pretty annoyed if it does... (off-topic, but I must remember not to let any of our ferrets near it...or Pokemon X as they'll soon steal that too. :p)

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Entire reason I'm doing it. Though because DST will be in then, and my state doesn't get affected, I'll actually have the download starting just after 11pm. :)

That reminds me.

Since it's a worldwide release, does that mean we're able to download the game when it hits midnight in Japan or do I have to wait until hits 12:00 A.M at my time (I live in the U.S.)?

DryBones

Event Collector
That reminds me.

Since it's a worldwide release, does that mean we're able to download the game when it hits midnight in Japan or do I have to wait until hits 12:00 A.M at my time (I live in the U.S.)?

My guess is midnight in your respective country.

So Japan will get their copies first by 8 hours or so.

NadeShiko9

Fluffeh!!!
My guess is midnight in your respective country.

So Japan will get their copies first by 8 hours or so.

Witch means possible Game Play Videos from Japan

DryBones

Event Collector
yup I don't know about the US but 12:00am in Japan on the 12th October is 16:00pm (4pm) on Friday the 11th October in the UK so im expecting everything from after that time.

Indeed. All of Friday night I'll be on here and youtube looking for footage/info, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.