• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
What new aspect of XY is everyone looking forward to most, and why?
Character customization above all that's what I'm looking forward to the most. Ever since I saw the announcement trailer in that ND back in Jan, where the male protag is looking in front of the mirror I instantly thought customization :D
When it was finally confirmed you wouldn't believe at how excited I was. Finally a Pokemon game were we'll be able to make our own trainer this is going to be EPIC!

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
Just saw the first X&Y TV commercial on Comedy Central. I see GF knows who their target audience should be.

really? thats the last place i expect a pokemon commercial to be

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Just saw the first X&Y TV commercial on Comedy Central. I see GF knows who their target audience should be.

Holy moley that is awesome... when my parents see that its shown on that channel they can see its not just a kids game (I always get in an arguement with them when i try to convince them its not just a kids game anymore =.=)

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Holy moley that is awesome... when my parents see that its shown on that channel they can see its not just a kids game (I always get in an arguement with them when i try to convince them its not just a kids game anymore =.=)

Anymore? it was never a kid games, its an RPG for everyone.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
It seems that if an anime/movie/show/game is animated or has cute animals in it, adults instantly label it as childish (oh boy, go watch some dark anime and come back with your impression). My parents think video games are for children (pff, ever seen a rated M game?) despite it becoming common place for adults to be playing video games including the ones rated for everyone.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
well to be honest they THINK its just a kids game.... I keep telling them its not...

And apparently you are 24 according to your profile, so who cares? why do you even talk about Pokemon with your parents :) , I mean you are a grown woman why worry about that? I'm sure they can't make you stop watching/playing the games since you are already an adult.

P.S. I went to check your age becuase I though you were a kid at first and your parents wouldn't let you play the games anymore or something XD.

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
Statistically more adults play video games last I checked and Pokemon's audience is a lot older than people think due to the fact people grew up with it and still play it to this day

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I remember there being an announcement for Demos being in Best Buys, has any news been heard since then? Is it a downloadable demo? Or just a 3DS set up in the store?

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
And apparently you are 24 according to your profile, so who cares? why do you even talk about Pokemon with your parents :) , I mean you are a grown woman why worry about that? I'm sure they can't make you stop watching/playing the games since you are already an adult.

P.S. I went to check your age becuase I though you were a kid at first and your parents wouldn't let you play the games anymore or something XD.

ha ha they just dont understand that you stay with the series even when u started as a kid (since i started at age ten) I tend not to aruge to much with them. They need to back off xD

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Yeah, my dad mentioned to me that he heard an ad on the radio for the games as well (probably something from a New York station, since I'm guessing he was listening to a Yankees game).

Just sitting here.......waiting for some new revealing news......GIVE ME POKEMON X AND Y Now.

halloweenghost

so far i've seen XY commercials on Cartoon network and comedy Central.. the majority on comedy central.. seen it like 6 rimes already there.

ZXChris93

so far i've seen XY commercials on Cartoon network and comedy Central.. the majority on comedy central.. seen it like 6 rimes already there.

Not surprised...Only fun people watch Comedy Central and Cartoon Network.

DryBones

Event Collector
I havent seen any adverts for X/Y yet, in terms of tv or at the cinema. They dont seem to push it as much in the UK as they do in the US/Japan, which makes sense.

neo_senku

While the south park marathon was on Comedy central this weekend It felt like every time it went to commercial It would play. I ain't complaining though LOL

toxictwinkie

I Probally phrased horribly, but I was just saying from what I been told their used to be a tax on electronics or imports or something along those lines, but now their isn't but they found that most austrailians would still pay the inflated prices.

It's because we don't have a damn choice. Are you referring to the GST or Import Duty? Also if you go to big department stores like Big W/Target/JBHIFI or some independent game retailers you can get some good deals so its not all bad. Oh and Ebay :p

Last edited:

JD

Hey guys is your local Gamestop having a midnight release? My Gamestop isn't having one unfortunately.

Sponge

I haven't seen any commercials for the games yet, to be fair I'm more of an internet person than a TV person though.

Even so I usually see Nintendo ads if they're prevalent enough. (I saw plenty for Luigi's Mansion 2 and Pikmin 3)

What I'm most surprised about is that x and y don't have much of a presence on the eshop yet. I thought there would be some more trailers on it by now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.