• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon XD^2: The Return of Shadow (PG-13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Um, Zaprong was supposed to be an Elekid. I say that because I never evolved mine. But still, good chapter nevertheless!

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~

The epitome of grace
Woah, very nice chapters! I liked the Rich/Micheal battle, and if Micheal's that good, I can't wait to see Wes battle.. Wait a second:

[SPOIL]Fateen said that someone they knew would betray them, and Micheal said that Wes was the most powerful trainer in Orre. What if Wes is the leader of Enigma Shadow?[/SPOIL]

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
~*Rekkuza Ryuu*~ said:
[SPOIL]Fateen said that someone they knew would betray them, and Micheal said that Wes was the most powerful trainer in Orre. What if Wes is the leader of Enigma Shadow?[/SPOIL]

hmmmmmmmm *rolls eyes suspiciously*

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
Sorry I had not reviewed eariler! I was trying to finish up another one also. (Oh, that's remind me, I still got one more review to write up).

I really liked the next part of Chapter One and also the second part of Chapter Two! I like Chobin! The way he speaks reminds me a lof of the character Gollum from the "Lord of the Rings" movies, which are great movies to watch. Also, I thought for some odd reason Rich will win the battle against Michael. (I never played Pokemon: Gale of Darkness so that is probably why I thought Rich would win).

Well, I can't wait for the next part of Chapter Two!

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Yeah, but he had a Salamance and a Dragonite. It just topples the balance. Any ice-type pokemon could defeat half his team. Types are off concern, even in anime battling.

True, true.....but he still won even though Rich has Ice type attacks on a majority of his Pokémon (Ludicolo, Milotic, Tyranitar, Alakazam) so it's really a moot point now.

Yeah, but no one mentioned him in dialogue so no one knew what his name was.

Ah, sharp eye, catching that. Really, it is a plot hole and I should have known better, but the best reason I can offer is that the P*DA's Shadow Monitor says the name of a Shadow Pokémon's trainer even if it's not snagged.

Oh yeah, I don't know if you'd be interested, but could you critique on my pratice prologue of Assassins. I really need an opinion on it. It's in the Author's Cafe.

I'll give it a look.

I thought Ghost types affects Special Attack. And Shadow Ball lowers Sp. Defence.

Ghost attacks are surprisingly considered physical, not Special.

Um, Zaprong was supposed to be an Elekid. I say that because I never evolved mine. But still, good chapter nevertheless!

Whoops! I guess I should have known that since you did say *Elekid* in your PM.......but I couldn't picture Michael having a fully evolved team and then pulling an Elekid, so hopefully it still works.

Woah, very nice chapters! I liked the Rich/Micheal battle, and if Micheal's that good, I can't wait to see Wes battle.. Wait a second:
<Spoiler text snipped>

I won't say......but remember all the parts of Fateen's fortune.

I really liked the next part of Chapter One and also the second part of Chapter Two! I like Chobin!

Who doesn't like Chobin? ;)

~Fire&Ice~

Conspiracy Theorist
This is getting to be suspensful! Rich must have a pretty good memory to remember the peon's name... I liked Micheal's team, though it was a bit unbalanced. Is Rich getting a bit cocky or are the people there really that easy? The funny thing was, before I looked at Rich's two choices for each match, I guessed what he would pick and I got it right every time!

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Charizard722 said:
This is getting to be suspensful! Rich must have a pretty good memory to remember the peon's name... I liked Micheal's team, though it was a bit unbalanced. Is Rich getting a bit cocky or are the people there really that easy? The funny thing was, before I looked at Rich's two choices for each match, I guessed what he would pick and I got it right every time!

Pyrite Colosseum is the lowest-level Colosseum in Orre, so the trainers are really not that skilled. Realgam Tower, which will be the next Colosseum, will be very different.

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
Hi! Sorry I couldn't review earlier, both my Internet and my computer died yesterday and I failed to resurrect them until now. Great Chapter, though! Wonder what Michael's last Pokemon is... hmmm... anyway, I like how you portrayed the low-level Pyrite Colosseum (he really shouldn't have any problem at all, considering how good his Pokemon are compared to his opponents), and I am a bit concerned about what'll happen... [SPOIL]the Peon's got a gun, so it stands to reason he'll use it if he gets really riled. On Rich.[/SPOIL] Oh well, morbid thoughts aside, great Chapter Part, and I can't wait to see the rest!

Until we meet again...
;150;

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
Charizard722 said:
The funny thing was, before I looked at Rich's two choices for each match, I guessed what he would pick and I got it right every time!

whoa,holy [SPOIL]BEEP![/SPOIL]

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
zezrex5 said:
Charizard722 said:
The funny thing was, before I looked at Rich's two choices for each match, I guessed what he would pick and I got it right every time!
whoa,holy [SPOIL]BEEP![/SPOIL]
It's not really that hard... just look at type matchups. And now that I think about it, Pyrite Colosseum's turned into a minor Battle Dome. I'm assuming that that's what was intended, my dear Butler?

Until we meet again...
;150;

*umbreon*masta*1*1*

Where is the rum?...
plzplzplz hurry wiv the next chappy

;064;:im diein here

;rukario;,;380;:drama king

cy quiet dominic,ruby u gt a point ^-^;

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
litestars said:
Yeah, but he had a Salamence and a Dragonite. It just topples the balance. Any ice-type pokemon could defeat half his team. Types are off concern, even in anime battling.

BUT both dragons can learn Fire-type attacks and anyway, he has Zaprong and Flareon to deal with them. So though Ice-type attacks could take them out, he wouldn't have any backup to protect them, now would he?

The Pokemon Master said:
Hi! Sorry I couldn't review earlier, both my Internet and my computer died yesterday and I failed to resurrect them until now. Great Chapter, though! Wonder what Michael's last Pokemon is... hmmm...

He used all six in the battle against Rich; Ampharos, Masquerain, Zaprong, Flareon, Salamence and Dragonite.

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
Oops. I forgot Masquerain, somehow... *slaps self* Sorry about that. Can't wait for the next Chapter, though! Any idea when we could hope for it, The Great Butler?

Until we meet again...
;150;

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
It's not really that hard... just look at type matchups. And now that I think about it, Pyrite Colosseum's turned into a minor Battle Dome. I'm assuming that that's what was intended, my dear Butler?

Precisely. Each Colosseum has its own little twist on the basic four-round knockout challenges.

plzplzplz hurry wiv the next chappy

I'm glad you like it so much, but please......don't tell me to hurry. I want to turn out something that's decent even if it takes some time. If I rushed it would be crap, and I don't want that to happen.

It should be up soon, maybe tonight.

Deathborn_606

Power of the mind
Will be looking forward to it The Great Bulter.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Now, let us continue. Two Colosseum rounds still remain, after all!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Shadow Peon Clarent
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"I'm going to avenge my earlier loss! Go, Onix and Seviper!"

"Since you're using three, I can use three too. Don't forget that. Go, Alakazam and Milotic! Alakazam, use Psychic!"

Alakazam began to attack Seviper with psychic power, a blue aura glowing in both Alakazam's eyes and around its target.

"Endure that!"

Just as Alakazam slammed Seviper down, the snake Pokémon tensed up its body and survived the attack.

"Very good. Now, Seviper, strike with Sludge Bomb!"

Seviper motioned as if it was taking a deep breath, then it spit up a ball of putrid sludge all over Alakazam. This attack injured Rich's Pokémon greatly.

"Milotic, Hydro Pump!"

Milotic blasted a powerful jet of water at Onix, but missed by a small distance.

"Very good, very, very good. Onix, Rock Slide!"

Clarent's Onix slammed its head into the ground, knocking several heavy boulders into the air. These rocks slammed both of Rich's Pokémon, knocking out Alakazam and doing light damage to Milotic.

"Grrrrrrr....that's fine....that's just fine. Alakazam, return! Go, Salamence! Use Dragon Claw!"

Salamence breathed green flames on its claws, then flew forward at high speed and slashed Seviper in an uppercut motion.

"Seviper, don't put up with that! Poison Tail!"

Seviper's tail began to glow with a purple light, then it rushed at Salamence. At the last moment it spun around and slashed Salamence with its tail.

"Milotic, no more of this. Surf!"

Milotic formed a gigantic wave of water, even bigger than the ones it usually did, and crashed it down on Clarent's team. Onix fainted because it was very weak to the water attack, Seviper because it was already weakened.

"Onix, Seviper! NO! I've nothing left but you, Torkoal.....don't let me down!"

Clarent sent out his Shadow Torkoal, the one Rich had encountered earlier.

"Torkoal! Shadow Wave!"

Torkoal loosed a wave of shadow energy from its shell, slightly damaging Milotic and Salamence.

"Salamence, Dragon Claw!"

Still in the air, Salamence looped over and came back down, slashing Torkoal powerfully.

"Dragonbreath!"

Milotic followed up quickly by blowing a cloud of pungent breath on Torkoal, damaging it some more and paralyzing it.

"Torkoal, Shadow Wave again!"

Torkoal sent out another wave of shadow energy, again doing only slight damage to its opponents.

"Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at the Torkoal. It was scooped up, then the ball fell to the floor and started rocking........

.......once...........

...........twice..........

....three times, then it pinged.

"Arggggh!!!!! Not again!"

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Ack......I guess it can't be helped. I'll leave for now, but next time we meet, I'll be at the top of my game. Farewell!"

Clarent turned and ran away, out of the Colosseum. The crowd stood and cheered for Rich.

"Rich wins and goes on to the finals!"

---------------------------------------------------------------

A little while later, the attendant returned to the waiting room.

"Mr. Mistbloom, we apologize for the earlier inconvenience. Your final match is ready."

"Thank you, don't worry about it. May I see the lineup?"

"Of course."

[==================]
------Chobin
--Dragonair
--Gyarados
--Sunflora
[==================]

"Finally, a challenge. I will go with Alakazam and Salamence."

"Very well. Right through here, and good luck, Mr. Mistbloom."

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is now time for the finals of Pyrite Colosseum's knockout challenge! Now entering the arena is the challenger, Rich from Phenac City!"

Rich entered from his side of the arena and blew another kiss to Anabel.

"Facing Rich is a trainer all the way from Olivine Town in Johto, who now lives right here in Pyrite! Now entering the arena.......Chobin!"

Chobin entered from opposite Rich, driving his Robo Groudon---a metal monster painted red and gray with yellow lights for eyes.

"Chobin attack!!! Gawrrrroaarrrrrrr!!!!!!"

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Robo Groudon Chobin
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

[Chobin moves Robo Groudon forward several steps, stops it, and makes it lean forward and 'roar.' He then makes its right arm spin around and throw two Poké Balls, sending out Dragonair and Gyarados]

"Let's have a great battle, Chobin! Alakazam and Salamence, go!"

;373; ;065; <<RICH v. CHOBIN>> ;130; ;148;

"Alakazam, Ice Punch!"

Alakazam rushed forward with an icy aura surrounding its fist. Just before it made contact with Dragonair, Chobin's Dragon type put up a Protect.

"Hohoho! Chobin laughs! Gyarados, Chobin wants an Ice Beam!"

Gyarados took a deep breath, filling the Colosseum with a noise not unlike a large vacuum, then fired a beam of ice at Salamence. Salamence did manage to use Endure and survive the hit, but it became frozen solid.

"Salamence! NO!"

"Chobin is very amused! Dragonair, Chobin commands a Dragon Rage to finish off that Salamence!"

Chobin's Dragonair blew a ball of green fire across the arena at Salamence's frozen form, making it faint.

"Noooo........Salamence....return....."

"Chobin thinks Rich's odds are not good. Chobin asks if he wants to forfeit."

Rich looked up and closed his eyes, actually considering Chobin's offer. But when he opened them, he saw Anabel, and became reinvigorated.

"No, I don't think you should count your victory just yet. Alakazam! Give that Gyarados a taste of true power---Thunderpunch! Give it all you've got!"

Alakazam's fists became two large glowing spheres of voltage, and then it levitated and rushed Gyarados. The punches had incredible force behind them, and therefore managed to fell the powerful Gyarados in one hit. The crowd went dead quiet, shocked at this.

"What?!! Chobin is shocked! Chobin puts Gyarados away, then. Chobin orders Dragonair forth to end this with Outrage!!!"

Dragonair screeched loudly as it began glowing with a red aura, then it rushed headfirst towards Alakazam.

"Counter it with an Ice Punch!"

As Dragonair rapidly approached, Alakazam's fist again became a sphere of ice. It swung, hitting Dragonair's head dead-on. The combined power of the two attacks caused an explosion, and when the smoke cleared both Alakazam and Dragonair had been knocked back.

"Chobin has fury!! Chobin commands Dragonair to end the battle NOW!"

Dragonair screeched again, charging up an even more powerful Outrage. The red aura now coated it.

"Alakazam, one more Ice Punch should do it!"

Alakazam, with its fist icy again, rushed towards Dragonair, who was coming the opposite way with its Outrage-fueled red aura. They met halfway and a struggle ensued with both trying to overwhelm their opponent. Finally, Alakazam broke through the red aura and delivered an incredible direct hit to Dragonair, sending it skidding across the arena and crashing into Robo Groudon. It had fainted the moment Alakazam hit.

"Chobin lost! Chobin lost! Chobin lost!"

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The crowd went wild as Chobin recalled Dragonair angrily and drove Robo Groudon out of the Colosseum. Rich took a bow proudly.

"Congratulations! The winner of the match, and the champion.............Rich from Phenac City!!!"

---------------------------------------------------------

Rich was guided out through the front gate, where Anabel stood waiting.

"That was great, Rich! I knew you'd beat Chobin!"

"I admit I got a little scared for a moment when he beat Salamence easily. Guess it was for nothing, though!"

"That reminds me, right around the time Clarent appeared I started feeling this strange feeling in my stomach."

"In your stomach?"

"Yeah.....it was probably that bean burrito I ate while you were waiting for the second round to begin."

"Hah! Probably right."

Michael entered the Colosseum and walked up to Rich and Anabel.

"Hey there, Rich. I heard that you won!"

"I sure did. Chobin was my final opponent, and tough, but I beat him."

"Congratulations, then. I have something to give you."

Michael took out a golden disc with a shape of Pyrite Colosseum carved into it and gave it to Rich.

"What is it?"

"It's the emblem of Pyrite Colosseum. It signifies your victory here, and it is the first step on the road to the championship at Orre Colosseum."

"Thanks! Where should we head next?"

"While tracking Enigma Shadow I got in touch with Secc, the leader of ONBS. He's wanting to meet you and get you for a TV interview, so I'd recommend visiting him. The ONBS Skyscraper is north from here, on the desert's border with the forest region."

"Sounds good to me. Thanks for all your help, Michael."

"Think nothing of it, Anabel. I wish you luck."

"Okay, then. Let's hit the road, Rich."

Rich and Anabel left the Colosseum on their way to leaving Pyrite and heading for the ONBS Skyscraper.

Rich now has the very first Colosseum Emblem in the Orre challenge circuit! But it was hard-earned, as Chobin wouldn't go down without a fight. Our heroes now head to the ONBS Skyscraper, where they'll find more information on Enigma Shadow. What else awaits them? Stay tuned!

END of CHAPTER 2

Deathborn_606

Power of the mind
The Great Butler said:
"That reminds me, right around the time Clarent appeared I started feeling this strange feeling in my stomach."

I've got a thought about that.

Now as for this chapter...I liked it. Chobin's still the same old Chobin though. {That's a good thing}

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
fireKP1 said:
I've got a thought about that.

Now as for this chapter...I liked it. Chobin's still the same old Chobin though. {That's a good thing}

Bean burritos r00l. They pwn j00. ;)

Chobin rules, too. I think he's gotten even more maniacal since last time. Did you see how intensely he battled? Yet at his essence, he's still the crazy doctor with the weird machines. Gee, there sure are a lot of crazy doctors with weird machines lately, eh? Dr. Yung, Chobin.....could Kaminko himself be far behind?!

I want to include the Hexagon Brothers too but I haven't decided how yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.