• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon XD^2: The Return of Shadow (PG-13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
Wonderful Chapter, simply wonderful! Hehehe...

The Great Butler said:
"That reminds me, right around the time Clarent appeared I started feeling this strange feeling in my stomach."
[spoil]Anabel's pregnant, just like her dad said![/spoil]

The Great Butler said:
"Chobin has fury!!"
This line reminded me of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga's Fawful. I loved Chobin, though! Hmmm... On the other hand, something about Chobin doesn't strike me as quite right... [spoil]I'm guessing that he's the new leader of Enigma Shadow. It's a pretty wild guess, and it might change later, but for now it stands as the my guess.[/spoil]

Good going on Rich's part, and I wonder why he's getting invited to a TV interview with Secc. Maybe I'm just getting overly suspicious of everyone...

Until we meet again...
;150;

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~

The epitome of grace
Very exciting! and of course, Chobin's personality makes everything better xD
I still think that [SPOIL]Wes and Rui battle Anabel and Rich separately as the leaders of Enigma Shadow. That's what the prediction said...[/SPOIL]

Deathborn_606

Power of the mind
The Pokemon Master said:

That's what I was thinking.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
The Pokemon Master said:
Wonderful Chapter, simply wonderful! Hehehe...

What is this nonsense you speaketh of?!! (Just joking. I won't say yet---it's possible, but she really did eat a disgusting Pyrite burrito. And it was Steven who said that.)

This line reminded me of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga's Fawful.

Chobin will sprinkle rage dressing on your salad. Yes, it will be rage dressing on the great salad of EVIL!!! Fear him, for Chobin has now become Fawful with the fury and anger and such. ;)

On the other hand, something about Chobin doesn't strike me as quite right... [SPOIL]I'm guessing that he's the new leader of Enigma Shadow. It's a pretty wild guess, and it might change later, but for now it stands as the my guess.[/SPOIL]

It might be him, it might be someone you haven't met yet, hell, it could even be Fateen herself. What I mean is don't put all your chips on one person just yet, it would be an extreme longshot bet. I know Yoshi nailed Maria very early last time, but he was lucky.

Good going on Rich's part, and I wonder why he's getting invited to a TV interview with Secc. Maybe I'm just getting overly suspicious of everyone...

Gooooooood, good my loyal follower.........you should be at least a little bit suspicious of anyone not named Rich or Anabel, they're the only ones I *will* rule out.

[SPOIL]I still think that Wes and Rui battle Anabel and Rich separately as the leaders of Enigma Shadow. That's what the prediction said...[/SPOIL]

Interesting guess......right or wrong, it's interesting...........just remember how cryptic her prediction was. I've a feeling that until the story ends people will be guessing to its meaning. And I like that.

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
The Great Butler said:
What is this nonsense you speaketh of?!! (Just joking. I won't say yet---it's possible, but she really did eat a disgusting Pyrite burrito. And it was Steven who said that.)
Could be... And oops. Again. Didn't remember it correctly and was too lazy to go back.

The Great Butler said:
Chobin will sprinkle rage dressing on your salad. Yes, it will be rage dressing on the great salad of EVIL!!! Fear him, for Chobin has now become Fawful with the fury and anger and such. ;)
Muahahahahahahaha... Go, you funny Chobin/Fawful hybrid, and wreak havoc on the world!

The Great Butler said:
It might be him, it might be someone you haven't met yet, hell, it could even be Fateen herself. What I mean is don't put all your chips on one person just yet, it would be an extreme longshot bet. I know Yoshi nailed Maria very early last time, but he was lucky.
Ah well, I did say it's only a temporary guess... [spoil]*looks at previous quote* But I think I'll stick with it for now. Guess the reason.[/spoil]

The Great Butler said:
Gooooooood, good my loyal follower.........you should be at least a little bit suspicious of anyone not named Rich or Anabel, they're the only ones I *will* rule out.
Loyal follower, eh? Hm. Not sure I approve the title. Anyway, two suspects down, who knows how many to go. Some of which we probably haven't even met. *sigh*

Once again, can't wait for the next Chapter, though this one just came up!

Until we meet again...
;150;

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Ah well, I did say it's only a temporary guess... *looks at previous quote

That was just an offhand remark, look nothing into it. It was the first Fawful quote that jumped into my head.

Loyal follower, eh? Hm. Not sure I approve the title

OK, you can be a co-leader. But don't tell anyone I did that for you. ;)

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
If you say so... though I've learned never to dismiss anything from you, so I'll keep it in the back of my mind in case I get suspicious again.

I wouldn't dream of it. ;)

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Let's push on.......
--------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER THREE: The Great Snattle Chase

ONBS's skyscraper--one of Orre's most spectacular buildings, topped only by the grand Realgam Tower. Nestled perfectly in a serene corner of the Northwest Orre region on the border of the Orre Desert, the building stood as a grand symbol of freedom and truth.

Rich and Anabel pulled up and onto the tiled front area of the skyscraper, then got off their scooter and went inside. A young girl, wearing a beautiful blue dress to complement her purple hair sat at a desk right inside. A large sign with the ONBS logo was behind her, and next to her stood a Breloom.

"Welcome to the ONBS Skyscraper!" she greeted cheerfully. "How may I help you today?"

Rich opened his mouth to speak, but before any words came out.......

"Breloom! Breloom LOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!"

Breloom suddenly jumped over the desk and onto Anabel--knocking her down-- then began cheerfully crying out its name while it danced on her. She tried to roll over and get up, but Breloom landed on her back and kept dancing----then it accidentally loosed a Stun Spore attack. The receptionist and Rich both jumped up in horror.

"Breloom, no!"

"ANABEL!!!"

---------------------------------------------------------------

Some time later, in another room on the first floor, Anabel finally woke up. She was in a cot set up in a research room, and surrounding the bed were Rich, the receptionist girl, and her Breloom. The girl had a rather large medical kit filled with all kinds of medicines opened on a nearby table.

"What......what happened?"

"I'm so glad you're alright! This miserable Breloom attacked you with Stun Spore while it was dancing on your back. Knocked you clean out."

"Please....." the receptionist begged, "please forgive my Breloom. Ever since it evolved from a Shroomish a year ago, it's been getting overly eager with guests all the time."

Rich looked at Anabel, who sat up and nodded.

"It's okay. You Stun Spored me but I forgive you, Breloom."

"Breee......Brelooom....."

The door of the room slid open, and a young man in a white and yellow shirt who was wearing goggles on his head walked in.

"Megg, is she alright now?"

"Yes, Secc, she just woke up. Seems like everything's resolved now."

"Good. Please, Megg, take Breloom and allow us a moment."

"Of course. Breloom, let's go."

"Breloom bre breeeeeee!!!"

Megg left the room, Breloom bounding after her. Secc took a seat as Rich sat down on the cot next to Anabel.

"Rich and Anabel, Michael told me you'd be heading over here from Pyrite. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Secc, the leader of ONBS."

"Pleased to meet you."

"You should do a report on how bad Pyrite bean burritos are. I ate one and haven't felt right ever since."

"Hahah! You'd be surprised how many times I've heard that, actually. Let's get down to business. Reports have been swamping us about Shadow Pokémon attacks on people from all parts of Orre. Not only that, we've recently come into the possession of information that says Enigma Shadow is preparing a new 'ultimate Shadow Pokémon,' one said to have more fearsome powers than XD001 Shadow Lugia or XD-02 Shadow Mewtwo did. XD003."

"XD003?!!" both Rich and Anabel screamed at once.

"It seems to be so. We don't know exactly who it is, but we have recieved a letter from someone claiming to be the leader of Enigma Shadow. Here....." Secc took a crumpled piece of paper from his pocket. ".....I'll read it to you.

Dear ONBS,
I am honored to inform you that Enigma Shadow has returned and is in your precious Orre Region right now. We are developing two things that will help our plan---together they will be able to turn any Pokémon into a Shadow Pokémon! You can't seriously think you'll be able to stop us. My mentor Dr. Yung would be proud of me for the work I've done based on his original Mirage System. The day when all Orre and all the world bows to me and XD003 will soon be at hand!
~The Mastermind of Shadow Pokémon.

.......Dr. Mitchell Yung. Do you know the story behind him?"

Rich and Anabel shook their heads 'no.'

"I see. Mitchell Yung was a promising young Pokémon researcher at the Pokémon Institute. He studied alongside Professor Samuel Oak of Kanto and Professor Krane---many of the most prominent scientists in Pokémon research studied with him. He was expelled from the institute, however, because his experiments into what he called 'Mirage Pokémon' were cruel to the poor creatures."

"Cruel?"

"What did he do?"

"He was convinced he could find the data for rare Pokémon by draining the memories of other Pokémon---a very dangerous, unsafe, and abusive process. He eventually did succeed in creating a system that could generate Mirage Pokémon on his orders, but some brave heroes defeated him and his ultimate Mirage Pokémon with the help of a Mew that was produced from a malfunction in the Mirage System. Defeated and in shambles, Yung went into his burning lab and committed suicide by jumping into the flames. But I'm getting way ahead of myself. I invited you two here for a television interview. I think that if we show we're not afraid of Enigma Shadow and their crimes, it'll be a huge plus to the effort to topple them. What do you say?"

"What do you think, Anabel? You decide."

"Sure, let's do it."

"Very good. Come with me to the makeup room so we can get you prepped and set to go on right away."

All of them stood up, and Secc led Rich and Anabel out of the room and onto an elevator. They went up one floor, got off, and walked down the hall to another door. Secc opened it, and they went in.

"I have a question, Secc."

"Yes, Rich?"

"What are all the other floors of the skyscraper for if the main studio, makeup and R&D are all on the first two floors?"

"More R&D, and a few other studios. On the top floor my co-chair Nett and his partner Bitt work on the tech side of our operations. Please wait here, and I'll have attendants to you shortly."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A short while later, after Rich and Anabel had been powdered and had their hair fixed, Secc returned.

"Ready to go?"

Rich and Anabel jumped out of the chairs.

"Of course!"

"We're more than ready!"

"Great to see! Come, the studio's down this way."

Secc led Rich and Anabel further down the hall, stopping at a large metal door. "ONBS MAIN STUDIO FLOOR" was painted on it, and above it was a sign---currently turned off---that said "ON THE AIR." Secc took them in, where two men stood at large TV cameras and spotlights shone on the desk where the purple-haired, red-dressed newscaster sat. Secc sat Rich and Anabel to her right and stepped back behind the cameras.

"Hello, there!" the newscaster greeted. "I'm Ancha, pleased to meet you."

"The pleasure's ours."

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Ancha."

"Okay, guys!" Secc called out. "We're gonna go live in three....two......go!"

The ONBS music played as Ancha turned to one of the cameras.

"This is ONBS News, and today we bring you a special report. They've been chasing Enigma Shadow through Orre after trouncing them one year ago, and today we have them live in the studio. Welcome Rich and Anabel Mistbloom! Welcome to ONBS News, we're honored to have you."

"We're honored to be here, Ancha."

"Rich. What got you involved in the fight against Enigma Shadow?"

"Well, five years ago I was the champion of the Battle Tower in Larousse City. During a battle the Wishmaker Tower bombing occured, and my parents and fiancee perished in the tragedy."

"Wow! But I understand there's more to that than meets the eye?"

"Yes, there is. My parents sadly were killed, but Maria's death was a fake. She returned and revealed herself as the leader of Enigma Shadow, and to stop their mad plan, I had to defeat her and her Shadow Mewtwo."

"Whoa! What a twist that must have been. Anabel, let's have your take on this whole thing. How'd you meet Rich? When did you know you wanted to spend your life with him? And your take on the battle against Enigma Shadow?"

"I'm the owner of the Larousse Battle Tower, Ancha. That's how I met Rich---he made a comeback one year ago and we met then. How I knew I wanted to spend my life with him? I guess......he really watched out for me and took care of me during our adventures to stop Enigma Shadow. At one point I realized he'd give his life for me, and that's when I knew I was madly in love with him. Fighting Enigma Shadow's been crazy---the battle promoter who worked for me was actually a Shadow Admin, as were many people I thought were once my friends."

"Can you name names?"

"Yes, they were many people I knew from the old Battle Frontier. Dome Ace Tucker---the promoter---was one. Then there was Pyramid King Brandon, Pike Queen Lucy, Factory Head Noland, and Palace Maven Spenser. All of them except my closest friend, Arena Captain Greta, who was captured by Enigma Shadow. They had planned to use us as birthing machines to produce a new race of humans that would only obey Queen Shadow's orders."

"What a tale! And to think it's still playing out, now in our very own Orre Region. Rich, Anabel, thank you for your time. This concludes our ONBS News Special Report."

The ONBS music played again as the lights came back up.

"Cut!" Secc called out. "That was excellent work! Good job, Ancha, sharp as always. Rich, you and Anabel did a fine-----"

Suddenly, Secc's P*DA began to ring.

"Excuse me."

Secc took out his P*DA, flipped it open, and read the new e-mail. The look on his face slowly became one of shock, which Rich and Anabel picked up on.

"Something the matter?" Rich asked as Secc put the P*DA away.

"There's trouble out at the Outskirt Stand cantina. An old friend of ours named Hordel says there's some Enigma Shadow thugs out there trying to pull off a heist. I hate to be imposing, but do you think you could go check this out for us? The Outskirt Stand is far out to the southeast. It's shaped like an old locomotive, so you can't miss it."

"I'm sure we can handle whatever they throw at us. Rich, let's go."

"Right. Secc, try and gather information on their movements and let me know what you discover. Here's my P*DA number."

Rich gave Secc the P*DA number, then he and Anabel rushed out.

As Rich and Anabel set out for the Outskirt Stand, we now know that Enigma Shadow has recovered enough to start preparations on XD003, a new ultimate Shadow Pokémon. But what species is it, and how does it relate to Dr. Yung and his Mirage Pokémon system? Stay tuned!

Deathborn_606

Power of the mind
Mentor for Dr. Yung and the Mirage System hmm I'll have to think about this.

Great chapter part here TGB.

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~

The epitome of grace
Great chapter! It was interesting how you incorporated Mirage Pokemon into this.

Good:
-really showed us how Orre changes over the years with the ONBS skyscraper, but still keeps the old classics like the Outskirt Stand.
-Breloom's Stun Spore. That was so funny the way it was jumping on Anabel and dancing. Hmmm.. What if the Bean Burritos Anabel ate is actually a Breloom version of catnip?

Bad:
-No battles, but this isn't really bad in the whole scheme of things

Literate

black cat, black cat
Hello. ^_^ Well, I've just finished reading the lastest chapter (At least what I thought was the lastest chapter) and got one question:
Since you're using three, I can use three too.
What three? Did I miss something?

Other than that it was fine. ^_^ I'll come back for the next chapter.

~PEACE~

P.S. In answer to your question:
BUT both dragons can learn Fire-type attacks and anyway, he has Zaprong and Flareon to deal with them. So though Ice-type attacks could take them out, he wouldn't have any backup to protect them, now would he?
What? :confused:
You're saying they can learn. Not what they already learned. That reminds me: What moves do his pokemon know?

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
Well, here we go with another Chapter from the greatest Butler! And another piece of fine work it is, too!

I liked the scene where the Breloom was dancing on Anabel. That was just great, and I also like the burrito reference. Maybe the burritos are a part of Enigma Shadow's plan! That would truly be a low blow... Hehehe...

And whaddaya know, Enigma Shadow's working on yet another XD. This one's 003, and I'm once again wondering what on earth it could possibly be. [spoil]Though if we look at the list of Legendaries that haven't been actively involved in the last fic, Rayquaza is the biggest name that has mysteriously evaded being used/Shadowfied. That or Deoxys. Oh, wait a minute, that's taking after Destiny Deoxys, isn't it... Hm. Wonder if they'll turn up in this one?[/spoil]

Well, this Chapter was great for moving the story along. I'm looking forward to see what Enigma Shadow wants to get from Outskirt Stand... And I wonder how their response will be to Rich and Anabel's interview? Once again, can't wait for the next Chapter! Keep up the good work!

Until we meet again...
;150;

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Mentor for Dr. Yung and the Mirage System hmm I'll have to think about this.

The Mastermind special really helped me fill in some gaps---I had a basic idea, but I wasn't sure how to execute it until I saw the special.

-really showed us how Orre changes over the years with the ONBS skyscraper, but still keeps the old classics like the Outskirt Stand.

Had to keep the old favorites.

-Breloom's Stun Spore. That was so funny the way it was jumping on Anabel and dancing. Hmmm.. What if the Bean Burritos Anabel ate is actually a Breloom version of catnip?

Never looked at it quite like that.......I pictured Breloom as being an occasionally over-eager Pokémon like Ash's Bayleef.

What three? Did I miss something?

That was a little vague, I should have made it more clear. Each trainer carried three Pokémon into the tournament but only used two for each battle. Since this guy was a Shadow Peon, he decided to break the rules and use all three of his.

Maybe the burritos are a part of Enigma Shadow's plan! That would truly be a low blow... Hehehe...

Two words: Maria's Revenge. ;)

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
Hey Great Butler! I read the last part of Chapter Two and Chapter Three and so far it's getting better and better! I like the battle between Chobin and Rich. And yay, a Dragonair! I love those creatures!

Anyways, here are some highlights.

"Please....." the receptionist begged, "please forgive my Breloom. Ever since it evolved from a Shroomish a year ago, it's been getting overly eager with guests all the time."

Ha ha. Just like me also! (The getting happy when guests come to my house part).

"You should do a report on how bad Pyrite bean burritos are. I ate one and haven't felt right ever since."

"Hahah! You'd be surprised how many times I've heard that, actually.

This part is funny. Now I never will eat burittos again!

I will keep a lookout at the next chapter!

;134;~Good night, and good luck

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I like the battle between Chobin and Rich. And yay, a Dragonair! I love those creatures!

Dragonair are cool, and underrated.

Ha ha. Just like me also! (The getting happy when guests come to my house part).

I hope you don't drop your spores on your guests, though! :D

This part is funny. Now I never will eat burittos again!

Now I'm gonna get lawsuits from Pancho Villa's and Taco Bell for ruining their burrito sales. ;)

Deathborn_606

Power of the mind
The Great Butler said:
Now I'm gonna get lawsuits from Pancho Villa's and Taco Bell for ruining their burrito sales. ;)

Don't worry I'll still go to Taco Bell.

Mawile XD

ello thar
The Great Butler said:
Dragonair are cool, and underrated.
Not to me! I love those things. Almost as much as Dragonite. (my favorite pokemon.)

I'm very glad that Chobin had one. ^^ He's hilarious.

-Yoshi-

Yoshi!!!
Nice couple of chapters (chapter segments) I liked the colosseum battles and you putting some pokemon smileys on it. The plot is shortly being revealed, and I'll like to go for a guess right now.First: [SPOIL]XD003 is Deoxys, as someone already said. That is because: XD001 is from johto, and XD002 is from Kanto, so XD003 is from hoenn.[/SPOIL] Second: [SPOIL]Enigma Shadow's leader: Malin. Her name starts with M just as Maria. (quite stupid,right?) Also, she doesn't appear to much, and she could be Dr. Yung's assistant[/SPOIL] (If I get this right, I'm the master guesser, Muhahahaha

And another thing, I've always hated bean burritos!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.