• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon XD: Enigma Shadow

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Isn't it suppose to be chapter nine, not chapter eight since you finish chapter eight already?

Oops. Mistake caught and corrected. Thanks :)

Scizor King

Scizor owns you.
Still awsome. I bet you $500 that [spoil]Dakim[/spoil] will be and Elite Gaurd.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Back to the action! How will Rich deal with the next Elite Guard?
------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lovrina elevator took Rich and his friends several stories up through the thick rock crust of Halfmoon Cove. Finally it stopped, and they got off.

The elevator had taken them to a very large chamber carved out of one of the jagged peaks on the island's surface. As one would expect, the whole area had a rocky hue. Spotlights were affixed to the rock walls, allowing sight. Yet another elevator was on the other side of this chamber, this one guarded by a man dressed in white, wearing a white cape and blue glasses. His appearance was made even more bizarre by the purple lipstick he wore and the strange blue-and-white hat holding his hair up in an arc of sorts.

"Mufwofwo! We meet at last, Rich!"

"Who are you? I thought Lovrina downstairs looked weird, but......."

"Silence! You will not criticize me at all. My name is Snattle, the second of the Elite Guards. Lovrina is very much inferior to me."

"I'm suuuuuuure........"

"You should be, Steven, because I am. Lady Parfrida has even promised to give me the position of Governor of the Orre Region once she takes over the world, a position my Grand Master once promised me in Cipher. Your defeat, Rich, will be the icing on the cake of my comeback plan."

"I wouldn't be making such assumptions if I were you. Because you know what happens when you....."

"I know! I know! Enough of this foolishness already. To gain Lady Parfrida's full confidence that I will be a good Governor of Orre, I must take you down. And unlike Lovrina, I will not be shy about revealing my full power!"

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Elite Guard Snattle

[Snattle steps forward, holds his hands up in the air, then points menacingly at Rich]

"Blissey and Lickitung! Let's go!"

"This won't take long. Go, Lugia and Ludicolo!"

"Rich, that Blissey is a Shadow Pokémon!"

"Very well. Lugia, get us started with Thunder Wave!"

Right off the bat, Lugia weakly jolted Blissey to paralyze and incapacitate it.

"Hmph, nice try. Blissey, come back!" Snattle recalled his Blissey, which healed it from its paralysis though Natural Cure, then he threw another Poké Ball. "Go, Castform! Lickitung, attack with Body Slam!"

Lickitung reared back, then jumped at Ludicolo.

"Counter it, Ludicolo!"

Ludicolo was crushed by the impact of the attack, but it managed to rise again and throw Lickitung across the room. Both PoKémon took sizeable damage.

"Our strategy didn't work out, but that's okay. Lugia, Aeroblast!"

Lugia focused, then sent a vacuumed air jet blasting at Lickitung. Lickitung took the blow directly but would've fainted had it not been for the Focus Band it was wearing. Rich gritted his teeth in frustration.

"Castform, bring us a Sunny Day!"

Castform's eyes glowed red, then a bright light began to shine down from the upper reaches of the chamber. This activated Castform's transforming ability, turning it into a Fire-type Sunny Castform.

"Now, Lickitung, rid me of that pesky Ludicolo! Fire Blast!"

Lickitung withdrew its massive tongue all the way into its mouth as it charged up, then it fired a huge sun-powered fire ball at Ludicolo. Ludicolo was taken down with this blow.

"Not a bad strategy, Snattle. Return, Ludicolo! Go, Tyranitar! Lugia, finish off Lickitung this time! Psychic!"

Lugia's eyes shone blue as it used psychic power to lift and drop Lickitung, but again the Focus Band allowed it to stand firm.

"My luck is finally changing after all those miserable years in Orre! Castform, Weather Ball!"

Castform surrounded itself with orbs of fire, then it dropped these orbs onto Lugia. Lugia took a strong hit from this.

"Grrrrrrrr.........Tyranitar, YOU finish it off! Brick Break!"

Tyranitar lunged forward and slugged Lickitung powerfully. This time, finally, Lickitung fainted.

"Oh my......NO! My precious Lickitung! Oh, darling, are you okay??!"

"Drama queen......." Rich thought to himself.

"Come on back in, Lickitung. Go, Lunatone! Avenge your partner!"

"Rich, another Shadow Pokémon!"

"Lugia, I'm worried about that Castform now. Use Rain Dance!"

Lugia's eyes flashed a blue tone. The sunlight faded away as clouds filled the upper reaches of the chamber, then rain began falling. This reactivated Castform's transforming power, changing it from Sunny Castform to Rain-Cloud Castform.

"Castform, we can do something about that! Weather Ball!"

This time the orbs surrounding Castform were water, and when they fell on Tyranitar, they dealt great damage.

"You know our plan, Tyranitar. Drop some Thunder!"

Tyranitar shot electrical bolts from its body up into the clouds. The clouds crackled for a moment, then a massive bolt crashed down on Castform. Because Rain-Cloud Castform was a Water type, it took critical damage and fainted.

"My poor, poor Castform! Are you hurt, child?!! Have a rest. Go, Dusclops! Lunatone, Shadow Sky!"

Lunatone sent a burst of dark energy into the clouds. Soon the rain stopped, and the clouds became a shadowy aura. Bursts of light rained down from this aura and struck Lugia, Tyranitar, and Dusclops.

"Lugia, try a Shadow Ball!"

A ball of darkness formed around Lugia's maw, then it fired the dark sphere at Lunatone, who took a good amount of damage from it.

"Go in for a Brick Break now, Tyranitar!"

Tyranitar was able to catch Lunatone off guard because of Lugia's Shadow Ball obscuring Snattle's Pokémon's sight. Lunatone got punched very hard, reducing it to a very weakened state.

"Lunatone, we can still accomplish something! Use Shadow End!"

Lunatone absorbed shadow energy into its body, began glowing with black light, and smashed into Lugia. It was a powerful, critical hit....and Lugia, the legendary bird, went down. Lunatone took some backlash damage. Snattle, obviously pleased with himself, took a bow to no one in particular.

"Whaaaaa????!!! You took down Lugia??!!!"

"This will please Lady Parfrida greatly. My defeat of the legendary Lugia is just what my resumé needed."

"You won't get away with it! Lugia, return! Go, Alakazam!"

Rich sent out Alakazam, and more bursts of light rained down---this time on Dusclops, Alakazam, and Tyranitar.

"Psssh, Alakazam. Dusclops, Imprison!"

Dusclops's eye glowed evilly as it cast a move-sealing spell over Rich's team.

"Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at the severly weakened Lunatone. Very easily it was snatched away from Snattle.

"My Shadow Lunatone!!! How--how dare you, brat! Go, Blissey!"

"Rich, there's that Shadow Blissey again!"

"Tyranitar, use Crunch!"

Surprisingly, even though it was a ghost Dusclops was vulnerable to Crunch. And a Crunch it got, Tyranitar's sharp fangs eating quite a bit of health away from it.

"Dusclops, Shadow Ball!"

The ball of darkness formed over Dusclops's eye, then it waved its hands to shoot the blob at Alakazam. Alakazam barely managed to survive it. More bursts of light rained down, hitting Alakazam, Tyranitar, and Dusclops.

"Alakazam, Psychic!"

Alakazam tried to use its psychic powers.....but they were sealed off!

"Mufwofwo!! Dusclops has halted your psychic powers quite well!"

"Grrrrrr......."

"Now, don't be mad. You should've known we'd come up with someone stronger than you eventually."

"Don't claim victory just yet! Tyranitar, Crunch!"

With fangs bared, Tyranitar crunched down again on Dusclops, further weakening it.

"Fufufu! Now, Blissey, it is our turn! Shadow Storm!"

Blissey used its shadow energy to whip up a vicious tornado, one that did a small amount of damage to Rich's team---but since it was already weakened, Alakazam fainted.

"Alakazam, return! Go, Milotic!"

"Milotic. Now there's an interesting opponent. Dusclops, Will-O-Wisp!"

Wisps of wicked blue fire spun around Dusclops, then it cast them to hit Tyranitar. Tyranitar suffered a burn from this attack. Ever more bursts of light rained down on the three non-Shadows---Milotic, Dusclops, and Tyranitar.

"Milotic, Iron Tail!"

Milotic's tail glowed with a metallic shine, then it used the tail to whip Blissey powerfully.

"Oh, I am most confident that will not matter."

"Don't be so sure! Tyranitar, use Earthquake!!"

Snattle snickered to himself, thinking Dusclops had sealed Earthquake.....but then he suddenly realized in horror that his Dusclops did not know that move and it could only seal moves it knew. Tyranitar stomped the ground, producing a shock wave that hit Milotic and Dusclops for some damage. Blissey, however, took an incredible hit due to its terrible defenses.

"Blissey, fight back! Shadow Storm!"

Blissey whipped up another shadowy tornado, but Rich's team weathered it well.

"Dus...Dusclops! Shadow Ball!"

Dusclops fired off another Shadow Ball, this one slightly hurting Tyranitar. It was obvious Snattle was starting to lose his cool as more bursts of light rained on the three non-Shadows.

"Snag Ball, go!"

Rich crossed his fingers with one hand, and threw the Snag Ball with the other. It would take a lot of luck to Snag this Blissey....

....but after three tilts, luck was what he had.

"BLISSEY!!!!!!!!! My precious Shadow Blissey! All that's left is.....Solrock!"

"Oh! Another Shadow Pokémon!"

"Tyranitar, Crunch Dusclops again!"

Tyranitar did so, biting down on the Ghost type with great force, but Dusclops still stayed up.

"Dusclops, Thunderpunch!"

Dusclops's fists crackled with electricity, then it delivered a strong blow to Milotic's face. More bursts of light rained down on the non-Shadows, then the shadowy aura faded away.

"Milotic, Surf!"

Milotic formed a giant water wave and crashed it down on Snattle's team. It did a fairly high amount of damage to Solrock, and slight damage to Dusclops.

"Tyranitar, Crunch once more!"

Tyranitar bit down on Dusclops with its fangs yet again, and finally Dusclops went down.

"Dus.....Dus...c-clops.......return.......Solrock, Shadow Panic!"

Solrock cast two beams of dark energy at Rich's team. When the beams hit their targets, they burst into swirls of shadowy stars, confusing Milotic and Tyranitar.

"Milotic, Ice Beam!"

Milotic tried to attack but hit itself in its confusion.

"Eh, fine. Tyranitar, Brick Break!"

Tyranitar, however, overcame the confusion and slammed its fist powerfully into Solrock. Solrock was very tired and weak at this point.

"Shadow Break!!!!!"

Solrock absorbed shadow energy into its body, spun around, and crashed itself powerfully into Milotic. Rich grinned, though, sensing victory.

"Snag Ball, go!"

Snattle watched in disbelief as his Solrock, his last Shadow Pokémon, was scooped up by the Snag Ball, which fell to the ground. One tilt......

two tilts..........

three tilts and a ping.

"Arrrggghhh!!!! My plan! My perfect comeback plan!"

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Oh....oh......my plan for my comeback was perfect! You just had to ruin it!"

"Well, that's kinda what I set out to do."

Snattle continued rambling, oblivious to Rich.

"Lady Parfrida, if you're watching please have mercy on me! I wasn't good enough to stop him!"

Snattle teleported away.

"What a weird guy," Anabel commented.

"I think so too," Ashley agreed. "Let's press on. We must be getting close to Parfrida by now."

"I'd say so," Rich concurred. "Let's get going.

Two Elite Guards have fallen now! But still more challenges await our heroes.......

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
Don't bet against the author...

Until we meet again...
;150;

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Scizor King said:
Still awsome. I bet you $500 that [spoil]Dakim[/spoil] will be and Elite Gaurd.

He was in the original version. I know you think he'll appear because his Regirock wasn't snagged right? Heheheh. Regirock has a new trainer.

xXFallenButterflyXx

cherry BLOSSOM.
I've only read the prolouge and part of Chapter One since I have to get off soon and it seems very interesting to me. =D

I'll definately be keeping my eye on this.

~;059; Fallen

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
What awaits our heroes as they press on, ever deeper into Enigma Shadow's base?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Snattle's elevator seemed like it took forever to arrive at its destination. Ten, maybe fifteen minutes passed while it went up, up, up before it stopped. When Rich and the others got out, they found themselves in a chalet-like structure built into the side of the massive peak they had come from the inside of. It was a small room, with nothing but the elevator and a double door opposite it.

Ashley rushed to the window of the building.

"Hey, guys, look at this!" She beckoned the others over to the window, then pointed out.

Outside, the storm was still raging on, ever more fierce. Massive bolts of lightning were the only thing breaking the seemingly endless darkness above. In their light, a large round structure could be seen atop an adjacent peak. It was connected to the chalet by a wide, sturdy iron bridge.

"That must be where Parfrida is!" Rich said with a slight gasp. "Think that bridge will hold all four of us?"

"It looks pretty sturdy," Anabel observed, "and it's such a long way down, that if it does break, I'd think you could call out Lugia to catch us before we hit the ground anyway."

"You're right. Come on, let's go!"

As Rich led the others out into the storm and onto the bridge, thoughts raced through his mind.

"Finally I'm going to get a chance to exact revenge for what Enigma Shadow did to me and my family four years ago.....but it's so much more than just me now. I had to drag Steven and Ashley into this.....and Anabel, oh, sweet Anabel.......I will never forgive myself if something happens....and then, all the Pokémon whose very existance has been ruined by their scientific misdeeds.......I will crush Parfrida and right all of this......"

Rich was so absorbed in his thoughts that he almost walked into an obstacle near the end of the bridge. The obstacle was a muscular, monkey-like man dressed in red who was wearing square work goggles, square headphones, and a wrench on his belt. With this odd man was Neptune, Lawrence's crystal-blue bodyguard.

"Whoa!!! I almost....who are you?!!"

"Name's Gorigan, kid! I'm the third and strongest yet of Lady Parfrida's Elite Guards! And if that's not enough for you, I've enlisted the aid of this blue-armored dude. You know what's gonna happen here, right?"

"I think so...I'm going to fight you, I guess."

"Both Gorigan and I together," Neptune cooly stated. "You will need a partner for this battle."

Anabel looked at Steven and Ashley, seemingly asking if she could go ahead and join Rich.

"Fine by me," Steven agreed.

"Me too. You know how he fights better than either of us, so you're the best choice."

Anabel smiled, then rushed forward to join Rich.

"Come on! Rich and I will take you down!"

"Oh really? I'd like to see you try! Lovrina and Snattle were weak warm-ups. The real battling begins now!"

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Pkmn Trainer Rich and Tower Maiden Anabel
---vs.---
Elite Guard Gorigan and Shadow Admin Neptune

[Gorigan rolls forward, jumps up, and beats his chest. Neptune then raises his hands in the air and shoots sparks from the armor on his wrists]

"I'll crush you! Go, Dugtrio!" "An easy match this should be. Go, Zapdos!"

"Don't count on an easy victory! Ludicolo, let's go!" "They both have Shadow Pokémon out.....so, Raikou, go!"

"Dugtrio, Shadow Rush!"

Dugtrio became surrounded by the shadowy aura, then it rushed forward and tackled Raikou with force.

"Zapdos, you use Shadow Bolt!"

Shadow energy coursed into Zapdos's body, then it unleashed the energy in the form of a giant, dark lightning bolt. Ludicolo got knocked back powerfully by the blow.

"Rich, they've got the advantage when it comes to speed. We'll have to outdo them through strategy."

"Right. Go ahead!"

"Raikou, Thunder!"

Electric bolts shot up into the dark sky from Raikou's body. A few moments later, a massive lightning bolt crashed down on Zapdos. Zapdos took not only a high amount of damage, but became paralyzed as well.

"Ludicolo, Giga Drain!"

Ludicolo jumped onto Dugtrio, and despite the Ground type's best effort to escape, it drained much of Dugtrio's energy.

"Dugtrio! Don't put up with that! Shadow Storm!"

Dugtrio used its shadow energy to whip up a vicious twister, which hit both Ludicolo and Raikou strongly.

"The fury of a legendary Shadow Pokémon cannot be denied! Shadow Break!"

Zapdos absorbed shadow energy into its body, then became surrounded with the shadow aura and crashed powerfully into Raikou.

"This should be just enough. Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at Gorigan's Dugtrio. Rather quickly it was snatched up, and after three tilts, sealed away.

"Hyahyahya! So what, I lost one! Go, Exeggutor!"

"Hey Rich....that's the Shadow Exeggutor we missed from Karen...."

"You're right...! Keep fighting!"

"Alright. Raikou, Crunch!"

Raikou reared back and lunged at Zapdos with fangs bared. It crunched down powerfully.

"What should we do, Gorigan? They're going to Snag our Shadow Pokémon......"

"Don't worry about it. We'll win, with the shadow I have after this one."

"Okay........"

"Exeggutor, Shadow Rush!"

Exeggutor tackled Raikou while giving off the shadow aura.

"We've got a shot, Anabel! Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball, this time at Zapdos. The legendary lightning bird struggled greatly against the ball, but its paralysis was its weakness. It couldn't fight anymore and was snagged.

"ZAPDOS!!!! Go, Azumarill............."

"Another Shadow Pokémon.........Raikou, Crunch again!"

Raikou jumped forward and crunched on Exeggutor. The coconut Pokémon flailed about to try and get Raikou off, but Raikou let go when it was ready to.

"Azumarill, Shadow Flood!"

Azumarill absorbed shadow energy, then it fired a jet of dark water at Raikou. Raikou endured the hit, but was quite obviously becoming weak.

"Ludicolo, Ice Beam!"

A film of ice formed near Ludicolo's mouth, then it fired off a frozen beam that hurt Exeggutor badly.

"Thunder Wave!"

Raikou paralyzed Exeggutor by weakly jolting it with electric waves.

"Exeggutor, finish it off with Shadow Rush!"

Exeggutor hit Raikou with another shadowy tackle, finally taking it down.

"Raikou, return! Go, Alakazam!"

"Azumarill, Shadow Flood!"

Azumarill jumped on top of Exeggutor to get a better vantage point, then hit Ludicolo with dark water for some damage.

"Snag Ball, go!"

This Snag Ball was meant for Exeggutor. It snatched up its target, rocked three times, and pinged. Azumarill, meanwhile, had fallen flat on its face.

"Hyuuuuuuughh..........this is it! Go, Regirock!"

"Rich, that's the missing Shadow Regirock!"

"Good call."

"Thanks. Alakazam, Thunderpunch!"

Anabel's Alakazam's fists crackled with electricity, then it delivered a strong, paralyzing blow to Azumarill.

"Azumarill! Fight back with Shadow Half!"

Azumarill sent out waves of shadow energy. These waves hit all the Pokémon, halving their energy.

"Regirock, Shadow Rush!"

Regirock really didn't tackle, however. Instead it created a shadow aura version of itself to do so. It did a medium amount of damage.

"Snag Ball, go!"

Another Snag Ball was thrown, at Azumarill. And again, its target was captured easily.

"I've failed! Master Lawrence, Lady Parfrida....I've failed!"

Gorigan snarled at the defeat of his partner.

"Grrrrr.......I'll have to do this on my own then!"

"Don't count on it. Alakazam, Thunder Wave!"

Alakazam paralyzed Regirock with weak electrical jolts.

"Shadow Rush!!!"

Regirock stood still, paralyzed.

"Well then, Ludicolo, use Ice Beam!"

Ludicolo fired another icy beam, this one at Regirock, but it did very little.

"Psychic!"

Alakazam's eyes glowed blue as it used psychic power to lift Regirock. It lifted the rock golem high into the air, then just let go---allowing it to crash to the ground. This hurt Regirock greatly.

"Shadow Rush already!"

Regirock still couldn't attack. It was paralyzed thoroughly.

"Snag Ball, go!!!!!!!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at Regirock. After grabbing the Pokémon it fell to the ground and........

rocked once........

rocked twice.......

.....and pinged after three tilts.

"Yes! We got Regirock!"

"Graaahhhh!!!!! We're doomed!!"

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

As soon as the battle ended, Neptune teleported away. Gorigan stayed however.

"How dare you! I'll admit, though, that you're good. It takes some kind of special talent to take me down, especially in a tag battle. I shall step aside and allow you into Lady Parfrida's sanctum. I won't tell you anything about the horrors you may face within, though! Hyahyahya! Farewell!"

With that, Gorigan teleported away as well.

"These Elite Guards sure are strange...."

"I couldn't agree more," Anabel concurred with Rich. "Let's go on. We've come much too far to be stopped now."

They crossed the rest of the bridge and went into the canopy of the spherical building. Right there was a pair of doors, painted bright red and plated with gold in places.

This was the door.

The entire adventure had led to this moment. Finally, Rich was about to face the one responsible for all the suffering caused by Enigma Shadow. Just behind this door. She was just behind this door, or so he thought........

What awaits behind the door in Parfrida's throne room? Find out next time!!

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
xXFallenXx said:
I've only read the prolouge and part of Chapter One since I have to get off soon and it seems very interesting to me. =D

I'll definately be keeping my eye on this.

~;059; Fallen

Hey there! Thanks for coming around and giving it a read. I appreciate it.

Here's hoping you enjoy the rest! :)

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
Another chapter part! *sits and reads*

Woo! Two Elite Guards at the same time! But for some reason it seemed easier than the last battle...
Rich very obviously has a crush on Anabel, and I get the feeling that she likes him too. They have finally arrived at Parfrida's door... Will she be behind it? Or will she have gone off somewhere else? Who knows?

However, I have just made a disturbing connection...
[spoil]Enigma Shadow is using cloning to make Shadow Pokemon that are tougher than ever. The only cloned Pokemon previous to this story's timeline was Mewtwo. Furthermore, Parfrida got the DNA for XD02 from Faraway Island. Put them together and I get Mewthree. The ultimate Shadow Pokemon. Why didn't I think of this sooner?[/spoil]

Literate

black cat, black cat
Hello, again.

This is something I already brought up, actually. I'm in an uneasy place with the battles---I keep tottering between making them loyal to the games (which I feel more comfortable with) and the anime battling style (which makes more sense) I admit that it's a problem, probably this fic's Achilles heel.
Well, I say use the anime style because, like you said, it does make more sense. And combine it with the game. Use their effects but mainly the anime style 'cause it makes sense.
Not necessarily. Elaborating on my above point by using the Lovrina battle, I broke the game system by allowing her two or three attacks with Rapidash out of turn. And for the stats, you will notice that Lugia takes many more hits before it goes down than Alakazam. I know it's an extreme example, but I'm sure you understand.
@_@ I never noticed. Since now the battles are longer,I can't really tell.
This is an excellent idea, but I already did it:
Originally Posted by me in the Lovrina battle
Alakazam's eyes glowed blue, but nothing seemed to happen.

"What? What are you babbling about?"

Suddenly it became painfully clear for Lovrina as a Parfrida statue flew out from behind her, pulled by Alakazam's power, and smashed into Rapidash. Rapidash was knocked forward over itself and fainted.

Speaking of which, I'm picturing that particular move as neither all Special or all Attack----it's a hybrid of sorts where Alakazam used its psychic power to inflict a physical hit. And those statues are really heavy, hence the great power this strategy had.
Yes, well, that wasn't- Never mind. Good strategy but most of the time, there really aren't strategies that you could incorperate. I wasn't really thinking about that when I said surroundings. More like the weather. Or stuff.
I could come up with no other way to explain his hair and cape blowing like that indoors........ :p
I never really battle Nascour in Colloseum. Just skipped to the middle. And then stopped. So I'm lacking knowledge about that. But cooling fan... ^_^ It's the same as how the main character's, in the colo, had the back part of his coat flying.
Hmm? I'm a bit confused. You say you did find Munchlax after scrolling up a bit, I fail to see what's wrong. Anyway, I've been working on the description so it should be getting better from there.
Well, where this part:
I can't find it. :p
Anyway, there was a part where there was a Plusle and a Minun working together. And when Rich commands one of his pokemon (forgot which one) to do Earthquake, they're suppposed to be history. -_- Wait?! Did he catch them? I'm getting lost in the chapters.

Well, this concludes my replying "review". Hope things were cleared up,

~PEACE~

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Woo! Two Elite Guards at the same time! But for some reason it seemed easier than the last battle...

Well, it was a bit of a vendetta I have against Gorigan after he owned me one too many times in the game........and besides Regirock and Zapdos, none of their Pokémon were particularly great. The next part will make up for it.

[SPOIL]Enigma Shadow is using cloning to make Shadow Pokemon that are tougher than ever. The only cloned Pokemon previous to this story's timeline was Mewtwo. Furthermore, Parfrida got the DNA for XD02 from Faraway Island. Put them together and I get Mewthree. The ultimate Shadow Pokemon. Why didn't I think of this sooner?[/SPOIL]

Besides Alumineon, I'm not using any fan-made Pokémon. But I understand your logic. (And just a little thing that tweaks me.....XD-02 should always have the dash dividing it.)

Well, I say use the anime style because, like you said, it does make more sense. And combine it with the game. Use their effects but mainly the anime style 'cause it makes sense.

I agree wholeheartedly with that. I'll try to make them better, I promise.

@_@ I never noticed. Since now the battles are longer,I can't really tell.

I'm assuming that's a good thing....

Yes, well, that wasn't- Never mind. Good strategy but most of the time, there really aren't strategies that you could incorperate. I wasn't really thinking about that when I said surroundings. More like the weather. Or stuff.

Weather? Snattle's your man if that's what you want. His battle had all kinds of weather flying back and forth.

I never really battle Nascour in Colloseum. Just skipped to the middle. And then stopped. So I'm lacking knowledge about that. But cooling fan... ^_^ It's the same as how the main character's, in the colo, had the back part of his coat flying.

Giant flying mech - cooling fan would = overheated engine, so it worked for me. ;)

And when Rich commands one of his pokemon (forgot which one) to do Earthquake, they're suppposed to be history. -_- Wait?! Did he catch them? I'm getting lost in the chapters.]

Usually when that happens, I'm using the fact that an attack that doesn't match its user's type is less powerful.

Rich very obviously has a crush on Anabel, and I get the feeling that she likes him too. They have finally arrived at Parfrida's door... Will she be behind it? Or will she have gone off somewhere else? Who knows?

[SPOIL]That just might be the big secret of the grand finale....;) ;)[/SPOIL]

And Parfrida's got a few secrets of her own, too. You'll find them out soon.

this fanfic gets better by each chapter!

Yay, new reviewer! (gives a slice of the Butler Empire cake)

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
What awaits behind the red and gold door? We're about to find out!
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Rich put a hand on one of the two golden doorknobs. It was surprisingly cold to the touch, making him jump a bit. With slow deliberation he turned the knob until it couldn't go any further, and pushed the door open. All four entered and it shut behind them.

Inside was a massive chamber, exquisitely done with red and purple carpet, lush red velvet walls, and gigantic crystal chandeliers above. The golden Parfrida statues lined the perimeter of the chamber, and a strange red haze hung over the room. It wasn't thick, but it was enough to obscure whatever waited at the far end of the chamber.

"Parfrida!!!" Rich shouted. "We're here, and you're going down!"

The four heroes rushed forward, through the haze to the other end of the room. When they got there, Parfrida's throne was waiting for them. Empty. A nearby elevator had no car in its shaft---Parfrida had escaped.

"That dirty....." Ashley grolwed, "She told us to come here, then ran away!"

An odd sound soon filled the area. It was a motor running---the elevator was coming back up. The car came up from the floor, stopped, and the doors opened. A very tall man dressed in black, gray and blue with dark sunglasses and blue hair stepped out. In fact, he looked almost like a copy of Eldes.

"........So you managed to make it here. I'm not surprised."

"I get the feeling I've seen you before. Are you Eldes's stalker, by any chance?"

"Silence! I am unfortunately *related* to that idiot Eldes. He's my brother. My name is Ardos, and I am the leader and strongest member of Lady Parfrida's Elite Guards. Those pathetic fools down there.....Lovrina, Snattle, and Gorigan.....I see they put up no resistance to you."

"Snattle was kinda tough. The others not so much."

"Hmph. I care not what those fools did, all I know is I will stop you. Lady Parfrida has commanded me to. It's been two years since that idiot Eldes forced my father Greevil to refuse to lead Cipher any more. The collapse of Cipher greatly infuriated Lady Parfrida, and I was put to long, hard hours of labor as punishment. Now is when I get my revenge. The rule of Enigma Shadow and the eventual return of Cipher under my leadership shall begin NOW!!"

Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Elite Guard Ardos
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Show me your power at full glory! Go, Alakazam and Kingdra!"

"Full glory you want? Fine. Go, Lugia and Salamence!"

"Rich, that's a Shadow Kingdra!"

"So you do have that Shadow Scope........Alakazam, Ice Punch!"

Ardos's Alakazam's fists became cold as ice, then it hit Salamence with a powerful freezing punch. Salamence took an amazingly strong critical hit and fainted.

"Ahahahah! Eat your heart out!"

"I wouldn't get cocky if I were you. Return, Salamence! Go, Milotic! Lugia, Shadow Ball!"

A ball of darkness formed around Lugia's maw. It then launched the sphere at Ardos's Alakazam, doing high damage.

"Kingdra, Shadow Chill!"

Kingdra took a deep breath, drawing in shadow energy, then fired the energy in the form of a dark beam of ice. This attack hit Milotic fairly strongly.

"Alakazam, Thunderpunch!"

This time its fists crackled with electricity, then Ardos's Alakazam vanished---it used this advantage to surprise Milotic and deliver a powerful blow right to the water Pokémon's face.

"Lugia, rid me of that Alakazam!"

Lugia did so by forming another Shadow Ball and firing it at Alakazam, who fainted.

"So you've got some fight left in you after all. Return, Alakazam! Go, Politoed!"

"Milotic, Ice Beam!"

Milotic, angry after being hit by the Kingdra-Alakazam one-two punch, attacked Kingdra with a beam of ice. This did some damage, but not a very high amount.

"Hah. Kingdra, Shadow Half!"

Kingdra sent out waves of shadow energy. All four Pokémon were stricken by them, and thus had their health halved.

"Politoed, Hypnosis!"

Politoed's eyes glowed with a fiery red shine as it tried to lock its gaze with Milotic's. Milotic managed to avert the attack.

"Lugia, Rain Dance!"

Lugia's eyes flashed blue, then clouds covered the upper reaches of the room and rain began to fall.

"Milotic, Ice Beam again!"

Milotic hit Kingdra with another Ice Beam, doing some more damage. Kingdra was now quite weak from taking the two hits along with its own Shadow Half.

"Politoed, Psychic!"

Politoed's eyes glowed blue as it used psychic power to pull Milotic up, up into the air. When Milotic was very high up, Politoed let go.

"Milotic, snare the chandelier!!"

Rich's quick thinking saved Milotic. It followed his direction and used its long tail to catch the chandelier. Milotic was now hidden from view well and had an excellent vantage point from the chandelier. Ardos looked furious.

"Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at the severly weakened Kingdra. It did put up a fight but was Snagged.

"No......Kingdra! You'll pay for that! Go, Tauros!"

"Another Shadow Pokémon!"

"Heheheh. Politoed, Psychic!"

Politoed began using its psychic power to pull Milotic off the chandelier.

"Ardos. You do realize if the chandelier falls, it'll take your Pokémon with you, right?"

Ardos flinched. This was the advantage Rich needed: Milotic had been pulled forward just far enough to get dead-on aim at Tauros and loose a Hydro Pump at it. Tauros took very high damage, and Politoed was shaken and let go of Milotic.

"That's a dirty strategy..."

"It's a better strategy than yours."

"No it's not!"

"What's your strategy, then?"

"I don't have a.......GAHH!!! Tauros, Shadow Break!"

Tauros focused, absorbed shadow energy, then tackled Lugia with crushing force.

"Politoed, use Psychic! Don't foul up this time!"

Politoed relaxed, then began pulling Milotic forward with psychic power again. This time Milotic went over the edge and began falling. Rich didn't seem concerned.

"Milotic......break your fall.......on Tauros with Iron Tail!!"

Milotic's tail shined with a metallic gleam, then it plummeted down onto Tauros. The Iron Tail broke Milotic's fall and hit Tauros very hard. Ardos grunted in rage.

"Lugia, THUNDER!!!!"

As soon as Rich made the command, Ardos knew he'd need a Poké Ball and thus drew one from his belt. Lugia launched electric bolts into the rain-dropping clouds, then a massive lightning bolt crashed down on Politoed and fainted it.

"Hrrrrgghhhh.........Politoed, return! Go, Aggron!"

"Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at Tauros. However, it broke free after two tilts.

"Hah! It isn't over yet! Shadow Storm!"

Tauros whipped up a vicious tornado of shadow energy, doing high damage to both Lugia and Milotic.

"Aggron, Hyper Beam!"

Aggron focused, then fired a massive energy beam at Lugia. Lugia couldn't take anymore. It fainted.

"Lugia!"

"Ahahahah. I've felled a Lugia? That should ensure my promotion."

"Not yet, Ardos, not yet! Return! Go, Alakazam! Use Thunder Wave!"

Rich's Alakazam emitted weak pulses of electricity from its body, paralyzing Tauros.

"Snag Ball, go!!"

Rich threw another Snag Ball at Tauros. It again tried to fight the ball off, but the paralysis weakened it. The Normal type was Snagged.

"No! My last Pokémon.............go, Manectric!"

"Rich, that's also a Shadow Pokémon!"

"Milotic, Hydro Pump!"

Milotic fired a pressurized jet of water at Aggron. It hit the Steel and Rock type critically, defeating it.

"Aggron..........return! Manectric, use Shadow End!"

Manectric focused, absorbed shadow energy, began glowing with black light, then rushed at Alakazam. The attack missed.

"Alakazam, Thunder Wave again!"

Alakazam sent out more weak jolts, this time paralyzing Manectric.

"Milotic, Surf!"

Milotic formed a giant wave of water and crashed it down on Manectric for high damage.

"Shadow End!!!"

Manectric tried to attack but the paralysis kept it from doing so.

"Alakazam, Fire Punch."

Rich's manner became cool and calm. He sensed victory. The Fire Punch attack he had called for did damage Manectric, but its strength was tamped down by the rain. Just what was needed.

"Snag Ball, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at Manectric. It tilted once.......

"Come on......" Anabel and Ashley could be heard wishing.

Twice.........

"No! You can't do this!" Ardos screamed.

Three times. It was all over.

"Gack!!! Grrr......I hate to admit it, but you are powerful!"

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"You are worthy," Ardos snarled at Rich. "Worthy of an audience with Lady Parfrida herself. She is downstairs. Perhaps if you hurry, you will still catch up with her."

Ardos teleported away, leaving his elevator open.

"Rich....well done," Steven congratulated. "Are you sure you're ready for whatever's going to happen downstairs, though?"

"Ready as I'll ever be. Let's go."

They got into the elevator and began to go down, deep into the rocky crust of Halfmoon Cove once again.

"Are you really ready, Rich?"

"Anabel....don't you worry about a thing. I'll be just fine, and I've got all of you to help me. Parfrida can't stop us now."

"I understand now....." Anabel thought silently. "I understand why Maria loved him so much....the story was true, I guess. I want to avenge her at this point as much as he does."

The elevator stopped, and they got out. It had let the group out in a room filled with large wooden crates.

"Hm?!!! What's this?"

Steven looked at the door on the other side of the room in panic.

"I can hear someone coming!" he whispered urgently. "Hide in this crate!"

Steven beckoned the others to a large crate, where they climbed in. Rich replaced the lid on the crate from the inside. A few moments later, Tucker and Butler entered the room seemingly oblivious to their presence.

"Man, Lady Parfrida's been workin' us like dogs lately!"

"You said it. I heard that it's because she wants this plan finished and the world in our hands for some urgent reason right now."

"What do ya think it is?"

"No clue. All I know is, we've got to finish loading the sub so we can depart. It's good, I'm looking forward to seeing my Dianne again."

"Just this crate left now."

Tucker and Butler heaved the crate Rich and friends had hidden in onto their shoulders, and carried it away......

----------------------------------------------------------------

Some time later, Rich broke through the crate and the four got out.

"Where are we now?" Ashley wondered.

"They said something about a sub......we must be on a submarine."

"Rich's right," Steven said as he pointed to a porthole window. "They're going somewhere......and Parfrida is on this craft with us!"

"Listen. Anabel, you stay here with Steven and Ashley where it's safe. I'm going ahead to look for Parfrida."

"Rich??!! That's not smart to do at all. Let us come with you."

"Anabel, I know it's hard, but trust me. Believe in me. I'll return for you once I've found Parfrida....please, just stay here...."

"Okay....."

Rich nodded, then rushed out through a steel door. He found himself in a corridor of such doors, so he chose one and entered it. It led to a large chamber with a porthole window on the far end. Rich walked up to it.

"Hmmmmm.....nice view."

"Nice view indeed!"

Rich spun around in shock, only to see Lawrence's gold bodyguard Jupiter standing in the doorway.

"So you beat Ardos, huh?"

"Yeah. I'll beat you, too."

"No chance of that! HAHAHAH!!!"

Jupiter pressed a button on the wall, forming a concave glass shield that locked Rich out from the exit. Green sleeping gas filled this side and knocked Rich clean out, then the part of the sub he was in broke off and his body floated out into the stormy sea........

Tucker came in right as this happened.

"Is that plumb fool gone for good this time?"

"Yes," Jupiter confirmed. "Now we can go back for the others."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The storm continued growing in intensity. Somewhere near Port Emerald, Verich's cruiser was being mercilessly tossed about by huge waves. In the cabin, Eldes was holding on to the rudder wheel for dear life, trying to steady the craft, while Verich hung on to a metal railing. Lynn was with them, and had her Satellite Tracker device out.

"Eld-Eldes......they're somewhere around here!"

"It can't be, Lynn! They'd be sucked under by these waves and ripcurrents!"

"Never--never make assumptions...." Verich unsteadily advised.

"You're right. But how could anyone....."

Lynn suddenly interrupted Eldes. She saw something in the water.

"ELDES!!!! LOOK!!!"

Eldes saw a tan and red object in the water. This object seemed to have a something blue with it. To get a better look Eldes peered through the telescope near the wheel, where he could make it out......

"It's Rich! He's being dragged in the current by his Milotic! Something terrible's happened!"

"Well, don't waste time," Verich complained. "Go get them!"

---------------------------------------------------------------

Back on the submarine, Parfrida sat in an ivory chair behind a small marble desk in another chamber of the craft. She looked on calmly as Tucker and Jupiter brought in Anabel, Steven, and Ashley all with their hands tied behind their backs.

"Parfrida!" Anabel screamed at the queen. "Where's Rich??!!!"

"Oh, he's been dealt with already. By now his body should be somewhere between Port Emerald and Ruby Island."

"You didn't!"

"Yes, Steven, I did. Well, actually Jupiter did but that's splitting hairs. Anyway, let's talk."

"I have nothing to say to you!" Ashley sputtered.

"Now, don't be that way. You three will play an important part in my plan."

"What? How so?" Anabel asked.

"It is simple. When we have control of Kyogre and Groudon, we will destroy the world and all life in it except for us. Then, using the titans' power, we will build a global empire the way we see fit. When this is done, the Shadow Pokémon will be released to breed amongst themselves. This will refill the world with Pokémon fighting machines loyal to us."

"That's disgusting!" Ashley shouted.

"But where do we fit in?"

"You see, Anabel, all three of you are important. First, you, Steven. Once the world is filled with Shadow Pokémon, you will become a Shadow Trainer fighting only for us. Anabel, you and Ashley have a much bigger purpose. You will team with our other current prisoner to be the mothers of a new dark race of human-like creatures. Shadow Humans, if you will. These humans will be just like Shadow Pokémon, completely loyal and unquestioningly allied with us. You two will be altered genetically so you will give birth at much faster than the normal nine months, and as soon as you do you'll instantly be pregnant once again with more Shadow Humans."

All three gasped, but could say no more.

"Ah, I grow tired of this talking. Meet your new cell mate."

A door opened in the side of the chamber. Inside was a yellow-haired woman wearing black robes and tight purple pants.

"Greta??!?!!!"

"Anabel! Oh, Anabel, help me! They took me right from the Frontier and threw me here....."

"Oh, hush up. Lock 'em up, Tucker."

Tucker and Jupiter threw Anabel, Steven and Ashley into the cell with Greta, then the door closed.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Rich! Rich, please, wake up!!" Lynn screamed.

Rich slowly opened his eyes. When he realized he was on Verich's cruiser, he sat up in a start.

"What!! Ugh.....what happened?"

"Well," Verich began, "Lynn was worried about you, so she came to us and we agreed to help her find you. She and Eldes found you in the ocean."

"It appeared you had been hit with some kind of sleeping gas," Eldes added, "and your Milotic popped out of its Poké Ball to help you, sensing you were in danger."

Milotic jumped up and nuzzled Rich's face. He smiled then recalled it.

"So what happened down there?"

"Well, Lynn, we snuck aboard Enigma Shadow's submarine at Halfmoon Cove, and.........."

The navigation computer screen crackled and broke, then Parfrida appeared on it.

"Well, well, well! So he's still alive even after that."

"Parfrida! You better not lay even a finger on my friends!"

"I've no intention of doing so. I am holding them prisoner however......oh, hello there. I didn't see you were with Mr. Greevil Verich and his son Eldes..."

"I...." Verich was speechless. "I've nothing to say to you. Begone."

"Oh, don't be so naive. You should've learned that at least since I saw you last. Eldes, you've grown to be a fine young man. It's too bad you are my enemy."

"Huh? I don't understand."

"Fwohohohoho! Verich didn't...."

"Please, Parfrida, don't!"

Parfrida ignored him.

"Verich didn't tell you? Not only am I Queen Shadow, I'm your mother.

"WHAT!??!?!"

"It's....it's true, Eldes. Parfrida and I had a torrid affair three decades ago that resulted in the birth of twins. You're one, Ardos is the other."

"I forgive you, father...."

"Oh how sweet," Parfrida snarled sarcastically. "Anyhow, Rich. If you want to see your friends again, we'll be awaiting you at Larousse City's Battle Tower. I'll look forward to seeing you there!"

Parfrida disappeared from the screen.

"This is bad! I've got to get to Larousse now..!"

"My cruiser can't make it. The storm's too harsh."

"Ugh......."

Rich rushed out onto the deck then threw a Poké Ball into the raging sea. Lugia appeared on the surface in a burst of light, and Rich jumped onto its back.

"Wait!" Eldes called. "It's too dangerous to fly there!"

"I've no choice. Please take good care of Lynn, you two. And cross your fingers for my success. Come on, Lugia, let's go!"

Lugia rose into the sky and flew away with Rich on its back.

"Good luck..........." Lynn murmured.

The final showdown shall soon be at hand. After Parfrida nearly escaped Halfmoon Cove, she managed to cast Rich aside and take Anabel, Steven, and Ashley prisoner. Rich, with some help from Lynn, Verich, and Eldes, is now on his way to Larousse City---where this all began four years ago----to face Parfrida once and for all. Can he defeat her? Find out next time!!

END of CHAPTER NINE

Mawile XD

ello thar
Awesome chapter! That was no suprise, having Rich not battle Parfrida. I mean, she should know that he'd get past the Elite Guards. Exellent work, and keep it up!

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Onward! Onward we go! I want to get to the amazing final battle quickly, so I am going to use the original version for part of this chapter.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER TEN: Darkness Calls

Larousse City was right in the eye of the storm. Dark clouds churned above the city in a violent spiral, vicious winds lashed the area, and rain pouring down in torrents threatened to flood the streets. At the Battle Tower, Parfrida was inside looking out a window down at the plaza. She saw Rich arrive on Lugia, recall it, and enter the Tower.

"Come to me, Rich. Come to me........"

-------------------------------------------------------------

His nerves steeled, Rich ran up to the entrance and went in. Inside, the massive lobby was abandonded and dark.

“Fwahahaha!” someone laughed in the darkness, then the lights came on and Jupiter was there.

“What do you want?!”

“Haha, I guess we were wrong when we thought you’d drown. Didn’t count on Verich coming to save you yet again. But this is where the buck stops! I will beat you in a one-on-one battle!”

”I accept your challenge!”

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Shadow Admin Jupiter
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Go, Moltres!”

Jupiter sent out his Shadow Moltres.

“Well, well, this should be an easy one. Go, Lugia!” Rich released his Lugia. “Lugia, Surf!”

Lugia hurt Moltres badly by dropping a wave of water on it.

“Moltres, Shadow Fire!”

Moltres hit Lugia right back with a blast of dark fire.

“Lugia, Thunder Wave!” Moltres became stunned from Lugia’s attack, leaving Rich an opportunity. “Snag Ball, go!”

Rich threw a Snag Ball, capturing the Moltres.

“Fwahaha. Good, good........”

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Whatever, I was just a warm up anyway. Go upstairs to the game room. I’m only telling you this because I really have no quarrel with you personally, I only did what Master Lawrence and Queen Shadow told me to.”

Jupiter teleported away. Rich, following the advice, ran around the fountain into the elevator and went up several floors. When it finally stopped, Rich found himself face-to-face with Parfrida, the source of all the world’s troubles.

“Fwohohoho........”

“You fiend! Why, I ought to......”

Rich made an attempt to go after her.

“Wait. Make one move towards me and I destroy your friends. Yes, they’re still alive and not harmed—YET. I welcome you to the Shadow Tower, our final base of operations. I remember when we first spoke, when I told you all about the legends of Ho-oh and Jirachi. Do you recall?”

“Yeah.....”

“I had a feeling right then and there that I would one day battle you............”

“Then let’s fight! Milotic---“

Rich went to send out Milotic, but Parfrida held up her hand and stopped him.

“Not yet. We are still making preparations for my battle with you. If you want to fight me, go into the game room on the far left, win the game, and beat the Admins waiting for you inside. They’ll give you three ID Cards so you can take the elevator up to the arena. I’ll be waiting for you there. Anabel......will be waiting for you there.”

After that, Parfrida teleported away.

“Those dirty.........” Rich growled, then he went into the far-left game room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey there, people! Welcome to the Battle Quiz show! I’m your host, Tucker!”

Tucker stood behind a desk on one side of the room, while Rich was behind another desk opposite him.

“Tucker’s gonna bring you a big heaping dose of trivia today, so let’s meet our contestant! He’s committed unbeliveable crimes against Enigma Shadow all over, from right here in Larousse City to the farthest reaches of the Metalico Islands! Unfortunately, it’s Rich!”

A record of people booing played on the speaker.

“Just give me the ID Card already.....”

“No no, Rich, you can’t have that yet! Now, the rules. I’ll ask you 10 questions. Get at least eight right, and you win the grand prize----the Tucker ID Card!!! Let’s play!” The room went dark and a spotlight shone on Rich and another on Tucker.

“First question. You put together a puzzle in one of the Diamond Rock temples. What was it a picture of?”

“Cradily.”

“Right! Second question. Who used Salamence first in your adventure: Rich, Lawrence, or Tucker?”

“Uh.......Tucker.”

“Right again! Third one now. Which Shadow Pokémon did not appear on Port Emerald: Pineco, Clefairy, or Lapras?”

“Clef-----ack!”

“Too late. The correct answer was Pineco. Fourth question comin’ up. Grubba used three Pokémon when he battled Lawrence’s bodyguards. Which was NOT one: Glalie, Manectric, or Torkoal?”

“Torkoal.”

“Correct. Halfway through now. Which of these was never a Cipher Admin: Snattle, Lovrina, or Gonzap?"

“Gonzap, he was the head of Team Snagem.”

“Right. Here’s number six. When Adio accused you of using illegal items on your Pokémon, what did he call himself?”

“I don’t remember.”

“Wrong, then. He called himself ‘Dark Ball,’ I bet you remember now. Question number seven. Which Shadow Pokémon have you not seen yet: Kabutops, Cradily, or Armaldo?”

“Armaldo.”

“Correct. Eight’s a nasty one. Which was never a Shadow Peon: Skrub, Bluno, or Tilar?”

“The....uh, third one.”

“Yeah, I’ll accept it. Big nine. How many Shadow Peons attacked you total in the Battle Tower?”

“Three. Rosso, Verde, and Bluno.”

“Right. And now, the final question! What is my, Tucker’s, favorite DANCE: ‘Riverdance,’ ‘Numa Numa,’ or ‘Safety Dance?’”

“How do you expect me to know that!??!?!?”

“I would encourage you to take a guess......”

“Whatever. Numa Numa.”

“RIGHT!!!!!!! That’s the end of the game! Looking at the score, I see you have..........exactly eight right?! NO!!! This can’t be!”

“Give me my prize, Tucker.”

“Not yet, fool! Now it’s the bonus round---time for our rematch!”

Tucker jumped off the platform to the stage floor.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Shadow Admin Tucker
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

[Tucker backflips, lands, and strikes a grand pose]

“Hahahaha! Let’s go all over again, Richie! Ludicolo and Charizard, it’s showtime!”

Tucker sent out his Charizard and Ludicolo.

“I’ll beat you like before and get that badge! Lugia and Tyranitar, go!” Rich threw two Poké Balls, calling on Lugia and Tyranitar. “Lugia, Aeroblast!”

Lugia charged up and fired an Aeroblast, knocking out Tucker’s Ludicolo instantly.

“Grrrrr.........Ludicolo, return! Go, Metagross!” Tucker sent out his Metagross to replace Ludicolo. “Charizard, Hyper Beam!”

Charizard blasted a huge beam that did a lot of damage to Lugia.

“Tyranitar, Rock Slide!”

Tyranitar launched a barrage of rocks, which missed Charizard and did very little to Metagross.

“Haha! Oh, the plumb fool’s luck ran dry!”

“Shut up, Tucker! Lugia, Hydro Pump!”

Lugia blasted a flood of water at Charizard, defeating it.

“No big deal. Now you’ll be seeing real power, son! Return, Charizard! Go, Latias!”

Tucker sent out Latias, a legendary dragon.

“Whuh.....not a Shadow?!”

“Hahaha, I caught it for real! Now watch this----Meteor Mash!”

Metagross fired a powerful punch that caused Lugia to faint.

“Whoa! Like this now?!!?!”

“Yeah, yeah, real nice. Come back, Lugia! Go, Ludicolo!”

Rich sent out his own Ludicolo.

“That ain’t helpin’ you this time, kid! Latias, give him a taste of some real Tucker-flavored power----HYPER BEAM!”

Latias aimed the huge beam attack at Rich’s Ludicolo, but Ludicolo seemed ready. The beam hit its target---but didn’t dissipate like Charizard’s did.

“Huh? What trick are you tryin’ now?”

“Hahah, now Ludicolo..........COUNTER!”

Ludicolo had caught the beam, so it spun around and threw the beam back at Latias and KO’d the dragon!

“NO!! You dirty little........Latias, return! Go, Hariyama!”

Tucker released his final Pokémon, Hariyama. Rich’s P*DA signalled it as a Shadow.

“Shadow Hariyama, eh? Tyranitar, Earthquake!”

Tyranitar’s quake attack defeated Metagross, did some damage to Hariyama, and barely hurt Rich’s Ludicolo.

“Guh................Metagross, return! Hariyama, Shadow Rush!”

Hariyama rammed into Tyranitar for quite a bit of damage.

“I think that your time may be running out, Tucker. Ludicolo, Surf!”

Ludicolo crashed a wave down on Hariyama. The Shadow Pokémon was now badly injured.

“Yes, that’ll do. Snag Ball, go!”

Rich threw a Snag Ball, catching Hariyama with very little effort.

“Gagagagah!!! Not again~~~~”

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Awwwwww...........gotta give you credit where it’s due, kid. I get why you’re such a big deal as the Battle Tower champ. I get it real good. Here’s your prize, now.”

Tucker handed his ID Card to Rich, then Butler appeared in a puff of smoke.

“I’m up next, Rich! I’ll stop you right now and save my Dianne!”

Butler took out his wand and waved it, transforming the room into a circus tent-like arena.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Shadow Admin Butler

[Butler puts his fists together and pulls them apart to summon a wand]

“Things will change this time! Go, Gardevoir and Mightyena!”

Butler sent out Mightyena and the Gardevoir that nearly single-handedly destroyed Rich in their previous match.

“Huh? Aren’t those the same ones I battled before? Don’t matter. Tyranitar and Salamence, let’s go!!!”

Rich released his Salamence and Tyranitar.

“Gardevoir, Calm Mind!”

Gardevoir powered up by relaxing its mind.

“Hmhmhm. I think you’ll find I’ve become better since Ruby Island, also. Salamence, Rock Slide!”

Rich’s Salamence’s attack did high damage to both Mightyena and Gardevoir.

“You’d be surprised by how intense a battler I can be! Mightyena, Iron Tail!”

Mightyena’s tail turned to solid steel, and it slammed into Tyranitar for a strong hit.

“Tyranitar, finish them! Earthquake!”

Tyranitar defeated both of Butler’s Pokémon with the Earthquake attack.

“Alright, I need to focus. Mightyena, Gardevoir, return! Go, Salamence and Dusclops!”

Butler sent out his own Salamence along with Dusclops.

“Salamence, Hydro Pump!”

Butler’s Salamence finished off Tyranitar with a Hydro Pump attack.

“Good trick, Houdini! Tyranitar, come back! Go, Milotic!” Rich replaced Tyranitar with his Milotic. “You show him right back, Salamence! Dragon Claw!”

Rich’s Salamence slashed Butler’s for high damage.

“This is turning right into a Salamence on Salamence battle....glad I ain’t in it,” Tucker thought to himself.

“Milotic, Ice Beam!”

Milotic finished off Butler’s Salamence with the Ice Beam attack.

“Well.....forget that! Tucker, you should know by now......”

“Dianne......I am failing you. Come back, Salamence! Go, Tropius!”

Butler sent out his fifth and final battler, his Tropius.

“Dusclops! ICE BEAM!”

Dusclops did an Ice Beam right back, knocking out Rich’s Salamence.

“Salamence, return! Butler.....I forfeit.”

“What? Oh, don’t be that way.”

“I can’t defeat you like before and crush your love for Dianne. I just can’t do it.”

“I must offer a correction. My love for Dianne will live forever, regardless of the outcome. What will change is my dream of helping save her so she can live......in a perfect world.....”

“Alright.......still, I feel bad for having to do this, I can understand how you feel. Go, Lugia!” Rich released his Lugia to battle. “Lugia, Aeroblast.....”

Lugia charged up and fired an Aeroblast, injuring Dusclops badly.

“Milotic, Ice Beam!”

Milotic KO’d Tropius with Ice Beam.

“Tropius, return! Dusclops, use Shadow Punch!”

Dusclops faded into the shadows and punched Lugia for some damage.

“Lugia, finish with a Psychic!”

Lugia’s psychic power knocked out Dusclops.

“The Great Butler has fallen again.........”

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“You deserve this, so here.”

Butler gave Rich his ID Card, then Brandon stormed in as the last Admin for Rich to fight.

“It’s gonna be different this time, Rich! 2-on-2 double battle!”

“Fine!”

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Shadow Admin Brandon
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Two KO’s to victory! Go, Armaldo and Registeel!”

Brandon sent out his Shadow Registeel along with an Armaldo, which the P*DA tagged as another Shadow Pokémon.

“You underestimate me. Lugia and Alakazam, go!” Rich sent out his Lugia and Alakazam. “Alakazam, Fire Punch!”

Alakazam did high damage to Registeel, also inflicting a burn.

“Snag Ball, go!”

Rich threw a Snag Ball, successfully capturing Registeel.

“My challenge was a bad idea.......Armaldo, Shadow Slice!”

Armaldo slashed Alakazam, knocking it out with a critical hit.

“Alakazam, return! Lugia, Aeroblast!”

Lugia’s attack badly injured Armaldo.

“Shadow Rush!”

Armaldo tackled Lugia, but only did a small amount of damage.

“Snag Ball, go!”

Rich threw another Snag Ball. It scooped up Armaldo, fell to the floor, rocked..........

......and snatched it away from its trainer.

“No! All three of us failed?!”

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Whatever! So you have all three ID Cards!” Brandon handed his card to Rich. “Go ahead, go up to the stadium using those. Queen Shadow will take great pleasure in destroying you!”

Brandon and Tucker fled the room.

“Rich.......” Butler whispered. “After all of this is over, I’d like to one day battle with you as two trainers, not enemies. Don’t tell Queen Shadow I said this.........good luck.”

Butler ran from the room, then Rich left too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on Port Emerald, Verich's cruiser had finally been bested by the storm. It had crashed onto the beach and now was broken and shattered. Verich, Eldes, and Lynn stood on the beach staring out over the furious ocean.

"My friends........"

"Verich?"

"Lynn, Eldes.......I have great fear. Something terrible is about to happen."

"What do you mean, father?"

"This storm is like nothing I've seen in my long life on the seas. I have a feeling deep down in my bones this is Enigma Shadow's doing."

"I wouldn't be surprised, Verich."

"This storm is because of their deeds. I don't know if they've freed Kyogre already, but with Groudon already on the loose anything is possible."

"But, father......what do we do then?"

Verich looked up at the sky.

"We have to go to Larousse City and help Rich. He needs us at this dark hour."

"WHAT?!!" Eldes and Lynn screamed in unison.

"I know, you think it's too dangerous. I do too. But if we don't try to make it there and Rich fails to defeat Parfrida, we're all going to lose our lives anyway. We have to try to make it."

Eldes and Lynn looked at each other, then their expressions grew more serious.

"You are right. But how do we get there? Your yacht isn't exactly seaworthy anymore."

"Simple, Lynn. You use your Dragonite, Eldes can use his Flygon, and I'll use my Aerodactyl. We'll fly there."

Eldes and Lynn nodded, then all three looked up into the sky again.......

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the Battle Tower, Rich exited the game room and climbed the nearby flight of stairs. Right there was the elevator to the stadium, but on the door was a computerized lock shaped like a stoplight. It had Tucker's picture on top, Butler's in the middle, and Brandon's on the bottom.

"This makes sense........"

Rich touched the appropriate ID Card to its matching picture. When he did all three, the lock popped open and fell off. Rich quickly got in the elevator and began going up.

As the elevator went up, thoughts raced through Rich's mind again.

"This is it.......the toughest battle of my life. I have to defeat Parfrida, I must.....it's not just for me anymore. It's for Anabel....and the Shadow Pokémon....and Maria....oh, my dear Maria, taken so brutally from me.....I'll make Parfrida pay dearly for what she's done....."

Presently the elevator arrived in the arena, so Rich stepped off. The lights were all off so it was dark, but Rich knew someone was there with him.

"Fwohohohohohohohoho!!!!!! Welcome to your final nightmare, Rich!"

All the lights came on at once. Parfrida was on Tucker's flying booth, gliding around in the air. Right next to Rich was an energy field---imprisoned inside were Anabel, Steven, Ashley, Ein, Venus, Miror B., Jimmy, Greta and Jamie.

"RIIIIIICCHH!!!!!!!!!" Anabel screamed out.

"Anabel! What's happened?!! Have they hurt you?"

"No....Rich, they haven't touched any of us....they just dragged us off the submarine and threw us here."

"Fwohoho! Reunion's over, fools!" Parfrida called out evilly. "So, Rich, you've made quite an effort to come here, or so I've heard."

"That's right! Now come down here and face me!"

"Not yet. I think you've come far enough, you deserve to know what plan I have devised. Defeating you once and for all is the first step. Once you're out of the way, we can use Kyogre and Groudon to destroy the world and almost all life, be it human or Pokémon. The titans' power will then be used to make a new world, to be ruled by me. The Shadow Pokémon will be released to breed, and we will take some female prisoners....more exactly Anabel, Ashley, Jamie and Greta.....and use a scientific process to make them birthing machines churning out humans blindly loyal to my regime."

Rich was clearly horrified by Parfrida's plan. The queen, meanwhile, looked down on him smugly.

"Th-that's horrible! You're going to use these women as slaves for your evil rule? Over my dead body!!"

"Sigh......sadly it shall be so, Rich. You would not take Lawrence's offer to join us when you had the chance. And as for them, that's all they're good for. Their bodies. I have no purpose for anyone who has actively opposed me. They should count themselves lucky. They will not perish like you."

"That's what you think, you evil.......thing! Get down here right now!!!"

Suddenly, Lawrence and Shady Rich appeared on the arena floor below Parfrida.

"Muh huh huh huh! So we meet yet again!"

"Aw, now I gotta fight you two again? Geez."

"The rules!" Parfrida thundered from her perch. "Rich, you shall face these two of my last followers in a tag match! Defeat them, and I will take the honor of crushing you personally!"

"Whoa, there, that ain't fair! I don't have a partner!"

"Too bad, punk!" Shady Rich taunted. "You gotta beat both of us at the same time with no help! How does it feel now, big man?!!"

"I'll........I'll do it. But first, who are you? I think I deserve to know who's been impersonating me."

"Ask and you shall recieve."

Shady Rich vanished in a puff of smoke, then shedded his disguise..............

What is Shady Rich's true identity? That, and the final clash versus Parfrida---next time!!!

Literate

black cat, black cat
I'm back. ^_^

O_O *Eyes as wide as saucers* Just a quote I wanted to use. ^_^

Anyway, good battle. Ever since he showed up, I've already though up who it might be. [SPOIL]Shady Rich = Wallace. Just a guess. I thought about geneology. And there is only one person who looks like Rich.[/SPOIL]

The battles are better. Short but better. Just one complaint.

Tyranitar defeated both of Butler’s Pokémon with the Earthquake attack.
Bum bum bum. On the first turn too.

Well, that's it. Funny parts now. ^_^

“Right. And now, the final question! What is my, Tucker’s, favorite DANCE: ‘Riverdance,’ ‘Numa Numa,’ or ‘Safety Dance?’”

“How do you expect me to know that!??!?!?”

“I would encourage you to take a guess......”

“Whatever. Numa Numa.”
DANCE. That was sudden.

^_^ Overall, I'm happy. It just stings a bit when every single time I go on, there's a new chapter. Well, anyways,

~PEACE~

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
Argh... a cliffhanger. Right there at the moment of truth...

Oh well. I shouldn't complain, since I'm probably going to do that to my own readers as well. More than once. Heh heh heh...

Back to the subject, this was a great chapter. No apparent mistakes, I loved it, and your style's become familiar enough to me that it's perfectly clear to me. I really, really hope the next chapter's up soon...

Until we meet again...
;150;

~Fire&Ice~

Conspiracy Theorist
Wow these great chapters keep piling up at a quick rate!
Well from the last two chapters this story has really gotten great!

"Yes......." Lucy replied. "He took every last one....and he had the nerve to call my taste in room decor ugly...."

"We have more important things to worry about than your room decor, Lucy! Don't you fools understand?! Rich will be coming here very soon looking for me and XD-02. We mustn't allow him to ruin our plans at this stage of the game."

I can see that Lucy got stung by that!

And then you went and brought in the Cipher Admins which was definetly an unexpected twist.

"Ooh, you naughty child! Roselia, use....."

"Stop calling me a child. I'm older than you."

"Ex-CUSE me? How dare you talk oh so rudely to me, an Elite Guard? Now I'm oh so angry! Roselia, use that lovely Shadow Poison of yours!"

I just love your phrasing with Lovrina and all the other Elite Guards! Its just what the original script writers would have written it as.

"You should be, Steven, because I am. Lady Parfrida has even promised to give me the position of Governor of the Orre Region once she takes over the world, a position my Grand Master once promised me in Cipher. Your defeat, Rich, will be the icing on the cake of my comeback plan."

~ There goes Snattle with that governor business again...

"I get the feeling I've seen you before. Are you Eldes's stalker, by any chance?"

ROFL!!!! That just brought tears to my eyes! And so did this:

"That's a dirty strategy..."

"It's a better strategy than yours."

"No it's not!"

"What's your strategy, then?"

"I don't have a.......GAHH!!! Tauros, Shadow Break!"

I just like how you bring in all the different vantage points into the story like how you switched to what was happening in other parts of the world during an event.

Parfrida and Verich????!!!!! That was definetly, absolutely, never percieved in my mind!

But even after all the evil Parfrida committed, I still cant stop feeling sorry for her from being dissed so many times!

"I...." Verich was speechless. "I've nothing to say to you. Begone."

and then

"That's what you think, you evil.......thing! Get down here right now!!!"

But that whole Shadow Human idea was very disturbing! Only someone as evil as her could think of that, I bet.

[SPOIL]I also agree with litestars theory that Shady Rich is Wallace.[/SPOIL]

Your also doing a great job at controlling Lugia's "uberness" by making it have some losses. I like that. Even if its a Legendary, sometimes enough is enough and they can't go all "God-Mode". I'm glad you realize that which is another one of the many great traits in your writing! Keep it up!