• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon XD: Enigma Shadow

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
[SPOIL] Shady Rich = Wallace. Just a guess. I thought about geneology. And there is only one person who looks like Rich.
[/SPOIL]

Interesting guess. You'll find out quite soon who it is.

The battles are better. Short but better. Just one complaint.

Yeah, I know they're short. These final battles will definitely make up for it.

DANCE. That was sudden.

It was an in-joke I was dying to use, and it makes the scene much earlier where Tucker is mentioned as watching it have a point.

Back to the subject, this was a great chapter. No apparent mistakes, I loved it, and your style's become familiar enough to me that it's perfectly clear to me. I really, really hope the next chapter's up soon...

Glad you liked it. I plan to have the next part up tonight, or at least most of it.

Wow these great chapters keep piling up at a quick rate!
Well from the last two chapters this story has really gotten great!

Thanks! (gives Butler Empire cake)

I can see that Lucy got stung by that!

And then you went and brought in the Cipher Admins which was definetly an unexpected twist.

Heh. I absolutely hate the Battle Pike, so insulting Lucy came easily. ;) And having it come from Parfrida, whose tastes are red & blue velvet and gold statues of herself, I thought was quite funny.

I didn't have the Admins in the original version, but I included them because I found them more fun to do than Dakim and Spenser rematches.

I just love your phrasing with Lovrina and all the other Elite Guards! Its just what the original script writers would have written it as.

I've played through XD so many times, it flowed easily. Lovrina's also a really easy character to capture her personality.

~ There goes Snattle with that governor business again...

Wouldn't be Snattle without it.

ROFL!!!! That just brought tears to my eyes! And so did this:

I also wanted to do a line where Rich calls Ardos a 'Star Wars reject' but I couldn't work it in. He and Eldes DO look like a pair of evil Jedis.

I just like how you bring in all the different vantage points into the story like how you switched to what was happening in other parts of the world during an event.

I do that to give a better scope on the plot. These events aren't just happening to Rich or his group, as you saw. These things are happening on a world-wide scale and involve many more people.

Parfrida and Verich????!!!!! That was definetly, absolutely, never percieved in my mind!

That was actually a last-minute addition I put in after a rather interesting discussion in the Serebii.net chatroom. We were wondering just who Ardos and Eldes's mother was if Greevil was their father, and I decided to wrap that little loose end up myself.

But even after all the evil Parfrida committed, I still cant stop feeling sorry for her from being dissed so many times!

You'll feel even more sorry for her later, trust me. (Ain't I the mysterious one! Heheheheh.)

But that whole Shadow Human idea was very disturbing! Only someone as evil as her could think of that, I bet.

Agreed. She wants unquestioned rule.

Your also doing a great job at controlling Lugia's "uberness" by making it have some losses. I like that. Even if its a Legendary, sometimes enough is enough and they can't go all "God-Mode". I'm glad you realize that which is another one of the many great traits in your writing! Keep it up!

Thanks! :) (gives more cake) I was worried about Lugia's presence at first, but I'm glad I was able to temper it to an acceptable level. Lugia's gonna shine real soon.

And now, I must wrap up this lengthy reply to get to work on the next part of Chapter Ten.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Shady Rich is about to be unmasked.......
--------------------------------------------------------------------

It was like a magic trick. Shady Rich had filled the room with smoke as he ripped off his disguise. As the haze cleared, the imitation-Rich clothes had been shed to a corner and their owner slowly revealed: a male, wearing beat-up looking black shoes and a black leather jacket with spiked yellow hair.

It was Rich's rival, Adio.

"Hahahahah, punk! I'm back!"

"So it was you all this time," Rich growled. "Impersonating me and trying to smear my good name..."

"Silence! You will answer to Lady Parfrida once Master Lawrence and I defeat you. Good name? HAH! You did all the smearing yourself since we'll be in charge."

"Rich, you can do it! Beat them down!" Ashley spat from inside the energy field.

"Muh huh huh. I see we're all getting rather feisty. My apprentice, shall we proceed with the plan?"

"Right away, Master."

Rich stood firm on the left side of the arena with the prisoners next to him. Opposite his position, Parfrida watched from above as Lawrence and Adio dug into their position as well.

"Muh huh huh huh! Let us begin!"

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Pkmn Trainer Rich
---vs.---
Enigma Shadow Adio and Shadow Admiral Lawrence
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Come on, punk! Show us what you got! Go, Munchlax!" "Muh huh. Salamence, it is your time......"

"Doing this on my own will require something special. Go, Lugia and Tyranitar!"

"Rich, those two are Shadow Pokémon!" Anabel called, still spotting the Shadows even from her prison.

"Thanks. Lugia, methinks that Shadow Munchlax won't be too tough. Hit it with Hydro Pump!"

Lugia reared back then fired a pressurized jet of water from its maw at Munchlax. The tiny Normal type took quite a bit of damage.

"Salamence, Shadow Hold."

Salamence absorbed shadow energy, then cast dark clouds around Lugia and Tyranitar to seal them into battle.

"Tyranitar, follow up with a Thunder Wave!"

Tyranitar jolted Munchlax weakly, paralyzing it.

"It won't be that easy! Munchlax, Shadow End!"

Munchlax focused, absorbed shadow energy, began glowing with black light, and smashed head-on into Tyranitar. Tyranitar took some damage, and Munchlax took some recoil as well.

"It WILL be that easy, at least for Munchlax. Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at the Munchlax, the same Munchlax who had evaded capture in Rich's last battle with Adio, on Pearl Key. This time, with the powered-up Snag Machine in Rich's possession, he caught it easily.

"Hmph.....Munchlax was just a warm-up. Go, Dragonite!"

"Oh, Rich! That is a Shadow Dragonite!"

"A Dragonite, huh? Lugia, Aeroblast it!"

Lugia focused, then hit Dragonite with a vacuumed air blast for a powerful hit.

"Salamence, use Shadow Rush."

Salamence surrounded itself with the shadow aura and tackled Lugia, doing some damage but not much.

"Dragonite! Shadow Down!"

Dragonite cast a cloud of darkness around Rich's team. This attack lowered their ability to weather strong blows.

"Lugia, give him a Thunder Wave!"

Lugia gave off weak electrical pulses, paralyzing Dragonite. Clearly this was his favorite strategy for Snagging.

"Salamence, Shadow Rush again."

Lawrence's Salamence again gave off the shadowy aura while it tackled Lugia. This attack did no more than the first one.

"Dragonite, you Shadow Rush now!"

It was like a symphony of Shadow Rush attacks, first from Lawrence and then from Adio. Dragonite's hit Tyranitar with some force.

"Tyranitar, Rock Slide!"

Tyranitar kicked up several large rocks at its opponents, both of which got hit hard.

"Lugia, Aeroblast the Salamence!"

Lugia performed another powerful Aeroblast strike, this one hitting Lawrence's Salamence with great strength.

"Salamence, Shadow Rush once more."

Salamence again glowed with a shadowy aura and tackled Lugia. Lugia was noticeably beginning to weaken.

"Dragonite, Shadow Storm to finish it off!"

Dragonite flapped its wings to kick up a vicious tornado of shadow energy. It hit Tyranitar and did strong damage, then Lugia to knock the legendary Pokémon out.

"Muh huh huh! Well done, my apprentice! You have felled a legendary Pokémon!"

"That's what you get, punk!"

"You're about to get it back. Return, Lugia! Go, Ludicolo! Tyranitar, Thunder Wave the Salamence!"

This time the weak electrical pulse was for Salamence, and it became paralyzed.

"Ludicolo, Fire Punch!"

Ludicolo's fists crackled with flames (strange for a Grass/Water type) then it delivered a fiery blow to Dragonite. It did little, but Rich seemed to have intended this to be so.

"Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at the weakened Dragonite. It was scooped up,

rocked once,

rocked twice,

and three times. Dragonite was Snagged, and Adio had only one Pokémon left.

"Graaaahhhh!!! You punk, you'll pay for it now! Go, Slaking!"

"Rich, that's another Shadow!"

"Salamence. Finish your opponent with Shadow Rush."

Salamence hit Tyranitar with yet another shadow aura tackle. Tyranitar was getting weak now, too.

"Slaking! Do the deed and take him down with Shadow Rave!"

Slaking launched spikes of shadow energy, hitting both of Rich's Polémon. Ludicolo took a strong blow and Tyranitar fainted.

"Hahahah! Do you still think you can win?! Give up!"

"No, never! Return, Tyranitar! Go, Salamence! Ludicolo, Fire Punch!"

Ludicolo went after Lawrence's Salamence this time, hitting it with a fiery fist. Again, the dragon took very low damage but this was what Rich wanted.

"Snag Ball, go!!!"

Another Snag Ball was thrown. Lawrence's Salamence was grabbed, then the ball fell to the floor and began rocking.

One rock.....

Two rocks........

Three rocks and a ping. Salamence had been Snagged.

"Muh huh huh! So you've kept up with your training. Well done. Go, Slowking!"

"That's yet ANOTHER Shadow, Rich!"

Shady Rich was Adio all this time!! Now as Lawrence's apprentice, he and the evil Chancellor are in the middle of a hard-fought battle with Rich. Rich has four Pokémon remaining, Adio and Lawrence three. Who will win? What Shadow Pokémon will appear? And if Rich wins now, what will he face when he battles Parfrida? Stay tuned!

Literate

black cat, black cat
*shrugs* Well, that's why I'm a bad guesser. I was also going to add in more guesses, but you have already posted. T^T

Complaints: Yes, too short.

Remarks: No, but the battles are better. ^_^

Well, anyway,

~PEACE~

Silentvibrava

Techno Teen
Hello, it's me again. I've been gone for a while, because of spring break, braces, glasses, and now I look like a nerd with them on...;p

I just read the rest, and I have to say I love the battles. I'm going to comment on them for the time being. They are sometimes short, but they are acceptable. From many fics of example, most don't know even how to work out a battle. You're not one of them.

It seems good length ,to me, as well. I did not notice many, if at all, any errors. If there were errors they were sure hard to spot.

Just so you know the introduction to "Pokemon Discoveries" is going to be posted tonight, but I totally renamed the story, fixed my grammar, and rewrote the begining.

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
This is marvelous... Adio was Shady Rich. That figures, he'd definitely go for the chance to discredit Rich...

Great Chapter Part, and I hope we see some of Parfrida next Chapter. *suspense builds*

Also, I'm betting that the rest of Adio and Lawrence's Pokemon will be Shadow Pokemon. It reminds me forcibly of Pokemon XD's battle against Greevil, except for the fact that there's two opponents with three Pokemon each.

And about us feeling sorry for Parfrida soon... here's my theory...
[spoil]Parfrida will (kinda like Grodus) succeed in her plan and unlock the full power of the Enigma Shadow. However, the power will prove above her and break free from her control. Then Rich has to somehow defeat it.[/spoil]

Until we meet again...
;150;

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Apologies for the briefness of the last part. My dinner last night didn't sit particularly well, and let's just say I had a little bout of gastric distress. I will try to finish this current scene tonight.

I just read the rest, and I have to say I love the battles. I'm going to comment on them for the time being. They are sometimes short, but they are acceptable. From many fics of example, most don't know even how to work out a battle. You're not one of them.

Well, thanks! :) (gives cake) The battles are really the driving force behind the entire thing. Think about it; Shadow Pokémon = battling machines, but with no battles they'd be pointless. Plus, a good battle is a way to add more drama to a scene.

It seems good length ,to me, as well. I did not notice many, if at all, any errors. If there were errors they were sure hard to spot.

What I should say is that I'm posting the chapters in parts, since I cannot get everything up in one night. I admit they are sometimes short but I do try to make them acceptable.

I'm also a bit of a perfectionist, so that's why you see so few errors. I tend to go over each sentence with a fine tooth comb if something doesn't look quite right to me.

Just so you know the introduction to "Pokemon Discoveries" is going to be posted tonight, but I totally renamed the story, fixed my grammar, and rewrote the begining.

Cool! I was looking forward to that. As soon as I can, I'll give it a read.

This is marvelous... Adio was Shady Rich. That figures, he'd definitely go for the chance to discredit Rich...

The biggest clue was when during Anabel's battle with him on New Island, he intentionally sent his Shadow Milotic into Hyper Mode with Shadow Rush---the same thing he did with the Munchlax earlier.

Great Chapter Part, and I hope we see some of Parfrida next Chapter. *suspense builds*

As soon as Lawrence and Adio have had their time, you'll get quite a bit of her. Trust me, she's not a queen for nothing.

Also, I'm betting that the rest of Adio and Lawrence's Pokemon will be Shadow Pokemon. It reminds me forcibly of Pokemon XD's battle against Greevil, except for the fact that there's two opponents with three Pokemon each.

I suppose it won't spoil much if I say this: it's all Shadow Pokémon from here until the end. Just wait until Parfrida's are revealed, she's got a couple of doozies (and I do mean a couple, wink wink.)

[SPOIL]Parfrida will (kinda like Grodus) succeed in her plan and unlock the full power of the Enigma Shadow. However, the power will prove above her and break free from her control. Then Rich has to somehow defeat it.[/SPOIL]

Intriguing guess....but I won't answer! (surprise!) It's too early to say how it will end yet.

Expect the second half of Lawrence & Adio tonight, and then Parfrida will be up as soon as I can get it.

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
A "couple" of doozies? Sounds to me like [spoil]Parfrida's managed to get her hands on Groudon and Kyogre/Latios and Latias/Ho-Oh and Lugia (non-Dark) and turn them into Shadow Pokemon. Whatever they are, it sounds like trouble for Rich and Co....[/spoil]

Glad the next chapter'll be up tonight... :D and by the way, mine should also be up tonight (completing Chapter 4). :D

Until we meet again...
;150;

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Finally, we're back! Now for the second half of Rich's fight versus Lawrence and Adio..........
---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Muh huh huh. Slowking, use Shadow Sky."

Slowking looked up and sent a burst of shadow energy into the air. It spread over the area like a cloud, and then flashing lights rained down from it. These lights struck Ludicolo and Tyranitar.

"Ludicolo, Giga Drain!"

Rich's Ludicolo jumped eagerly onto Slowking and began draining its energy. Slowking threw it off after a bit.

"Follow that up with Crunch!"

As Ludicolo was thrown off of Slowking, Tyranitar lunged forward and crunched on the Shadow Pokémon.

"Slowking, Shadow Flood."

Slowking hit Tyranitar at point-blank range with a blast of dark water. This attack sent Tyranitar flying back into the force field surrounding the prisoners.

"Slaking, hit 'em with another Shadow Rave!"

Slaking sent out another wave of shadow energy spikes, hitting Rich's team hard.

"Thunderpunch on Slowking, Ludicolo!"

Ludicolo's fists crackled with electricity, then it delivered a paralyzing blow to Slowking.

"Tyranitar, Crunch again!"

Tyranitar jumped forward and crunched Slowking again. Lawrence, however, was expecting this.

"Shadow Storm, Slowking."

Slowking used its shadow power to whip up a dark tornado.....with Tyranitar right in the middle. Trapped, Tyranitar was dragged across the arena as the twister hit Ludicolo, then it was thrown straight up in the air. When it crashed down, Tyranitar had fainted.

"Muh huh huh! Take that!"

Rich simply gritted his teeth, recalled Tyranitar, and threw another Poké Ball. It burst open in a flash of light and Alakazam appeared. Bursts of light rained from the shadowy aura and struck Alakazam and Ludicolo.

"Alakazam, Reflect!"

Rich's Alakazam used psychic power to create a shield of blue light to protect itself and Ludicolo.

"Ludicolo, hit Slowking with another Thunderpunch!"

Ludicolo delivered another powerful blow to Slowking's face. The Shadow Pokémon was becoming noticeably weak.

"Slowking, Shadow Shed!"

Slowking failed to attack because of the paralysis, however.

"Snag Ball, go!"

Rich's Snag Ball was this time thrown at Slowking. Severly weakened and paralyzed, Slowking was absorbed into the sphere, which then fell to the ground. The ball rocked once.......

twice...........

and three times.

"Muhhhh........that's just fine, I saved my most prized Shadow Pokémon for last. Go, Metagross!"

"It is a Shadow Pokémon, Rich.........."

More bursts of light rained from the shadowy aura, hitting Alakazam and Ludicolo.

"Alakazam, Fire Punch!"

Alakazam hit Metagross with a burning fist attack, causing high damage.

"Slaking, Shadow Rave!"

Slaking again sent out spikes of shadow energy. This attack hit Rich's team fairly powerfully, but it was weakened by the Reflect.

"Ludicolo, Surf!"

Ludicolo created a large wave of water and crashed it down on the opposing team. Neither Slaking nor Metagross took all that much damage, however.

"Metagross, take away that shield. Shadow Shed."

Metagross absorbed shadow energy then sent out clouds of it around Rich's team, purging the Reflect. Some more flashing lights rained down, hitting Rich's team again.

"Alakazam, let's stop playing games. Thunderpunch!"

Alakazam hit Metagross with an electrified punch, doing some damage.

"Slaking, Shadow End!"

Slaking focused, absorbed shadow energy, began glowing with black light, and smashed into Alakazam. Alakazam fainted and Slaking took a high amount of backlash damage.

"Excellent work, my apprentice. I'm sure Lady Parfrida is quite pleased as well."

"Are you, my queen?"

"Just keep up what you've been doing!" Parfrida called from her perch.

"Alakazam, return! Now.........."

Rich suddenly remembered something. When Tyranitar had been thrown against the force field by Slowking's Shadow Storm attack, the field had cracked and popped as if it were damaged. And Anabel always carried supplies with her.....

"Anabel, I'll rescue you now. Go, Salamence! Ludicolo, get on Salamence's back after you hit Metagross with Thunderpunch!"

Ludicolo hit Metagross with the paralyzing Thunderpunch, then it leaped onto Salamence's back.

"Metagross, Shadow Half!"

Metagross sent out blades of shadow energy, which halved the strength of all Pokémon in battle. More flashing lights rained down, striking Salamence and Ludicolo.

"Now! Ludicolo, use Hydro Pump to propel Salamence! And you, Salamence, Dragon Claw the force field!"

Ludicolo turned and fired a jet of pressurized water from its mouth, sending Salamence shooting toward the force field. Salamence's claws glowed with a red aura as it approached its target, then it crashed head-on into the force field. After a moment, there was an explosion. When the dust cleared, Salamence flew around proudly roaring with Ludicolo on its back. The prison had been shattered.

"What?!? How did----" Parfrida was stunned.

Anabel ran to Rich, while Steven and Ashley stayed behind with the others.

"Rich! You should have stayed focused on the battle---"

"That's why I did that just now. Do you have a Max Revive?"

"Let me see......"

Anabel fumbled in her pockets, then took out a spiky object and handed it to Rich. Rich took out a Poké Ball, crushed the Max Revive into a powder and sprinkled it on the ball, then whispered to Anabel what he had done. She grinned as soon as he told her. The shadowy aura then faded away.

"Slaking, Shadow End!"

Slaking again glowed with black light and charged Salamence, but this time it missed.

"Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at Metagross. As was his habit by now, his target was weakened and paralyzed. After snaring Metagross it rocked once....

twice........

and pinged after three.

"NOOOOOOO!!!!!! Lady Parfrida, I have failed you again........"

"Now, Ludicolo, Thunderpunch!"

Ludicolo used Thunderpunch again, this time hitting Slaking for light damage. Slaking would be the toughest one of all six to Snag.

"Salamence, Dragon Claw!"

Rich's Salamence blew fire on its claws then slashed Slaking, again doing only light damage.

"Shadow End!"

Slaking once more charged while glowing with black light, this time hitting and defeating Ludicolo and taking more backlash.

"Ludicolo, return. Now, my plan will pay off! Go, Lugia!"

Adio's jaw dropped as the revived, revitalized Lugia made its return to battle. Rich had used Anabel's Max Revive to heal it.

"Lugia, Thunder Wave!"

Lugia emitted weak pulses of electricity from its body, paralyzing Slaking.

"Salamence, methinks an Ember will be appropriate here."

Salamence breathed small embers onto Slaking, doing slight damage.

"Shadow Rave!"

Slaking sent out more spikes of shadow energy, hitting Rich's team hard. Rich was clearly not worried, however.

"Snag Ball, go!!!!"

A final Snag Ball was thrown, at Slaking. It rocked once.......

Lawrence and Parfrida took a deep breath at the second tilt.......

and the ball pinged after three tilts.

"Master Lawrence!!!!"

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Adio.....H-how can this be.....together, master and apprentice, we were still bested by this child........."

"I hate you, Rich! I hate you! All thanks to you and your punk friends, Lady Parfrida's grand plan has been ruined!"

"Oh, stop your whining, Adio. You're just upset because you can't beat me in an honest battle. I'm way out of your league."

"Why, you--!!!!"

Adio went to go after Rich, but then Parfrida spoke.

"ADIO! You will behave yourself."

Adio stopped dead in his tracks.

"Y-yes, of course, my queen......"

Parfrida jumped off the floating booth and landed on the arena floor. Lawrence and Adio stood behind her.

"I must admit, Rich, I never expected for this to happen. I did anticipate you would doggedly chase me and even take down my Elite Guards to try and reach me. I knew you would be a formidable opponent ever since that first fateful day when I told you the legends of Ho-oh and Jirachi. Even so, I never once thought even in my most pessimistic moments I would find myself face-to-face and having to fight you."

"You underestimated me. That's the same mistake Adio made, and look how he ended up."

"You may be right. But for all the things that have gone wrong for me......the Snagging of almost all the Shadow Pokémon.......the destruction of my factory....being betrayed by my onetime lover and our son......I will fix all that myself. The Shadow Pokémon plan can be resurrected with the factory, and we can start all over from scratch. You fools, however, will never be forgiven. For my rule will begin upon your defeat! Now, prepare yourself for your date with destiny as I send you to a burning demise!!!!"

Rich defeated Adio and Lawrence, and now is face-to-face with the ultimate evil: the Queen Shadow, Parfrida, herself! What kinds of Shadow Pokémon does she have? What style of battling will she employ? And can Rich defeat her and restore peace to the world? Stay tuned!

Literate

black cat, black cat
O_O Too much secrets revealed in the latter part of the story. It's seems like you want to finish it in one go. It's like a secret here...
Anabel fumbled in her pockets, then took out a spiky object and handed it to Rich. Rich took out a Poké Ball, crushed the Max Revive into a powder and sprinkled it on the ball, then whispered to Anabel what he had done. She grinned as soon as he told her. The shadowy aura then faded away.
And it's reveal several lines later...
"Ludicolo, return. Now, my plan will pay off! Go, Lugia!"

Adio's jaw dropped as the revived, revitalized Lugia made its return to battle. Rich had used Anabel's Max Revive to heal it.
Yes, altogether this a going a bit too fast, but a good story nonetheless. ^_^ Keep it up.

~PEACE~

~Fire&Ice~

Conspiracy Theorist
Wow the climax is coming! I can't wait until she battles with Rich! But what ever happened to Nascour and the Elemental Plates? Did they already succeded in capturing Ho - oh and Jirachi?

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
O_O Too much secrets revealed in the latter part of the story. It's seems like you want to finish it in one go. It's like a secret here..

I understand what you mean, but do note I only saved the best secrets for last: recall that Adio's involvement in the Engima Shadow scheme was long ago revealed, for example.

And the Max Revive thing wasn't really a secret. I consider a secret something that is foreshadowed then left up to guesses for a while before it is revealed. Take Victoria's actually being Parfrida as an example.

Yes, altogether this a going a bit too fast, but a good story nonetheless. ^_^ Keep it up.

Thank you. :)

Regarding the speed, the only reason it's going so fast now is that this is my favorite part. It's the first part I wrote initially (yes, I began the original version with these battles in mind) and though I am rewriting much of it now, it's still finishing at the beginning so to speak.

But what ever happened to Nascour and the Elemental Plates? Did they already succeded in capturing Ho - oh and Jirachi?

You'll find out. When? Eventually. Heheh, I'm evil. ;)

At least part of the Parfrida battle WILL be up tonight!

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
And now, ladies and gentlemen......THE MAIN EVENT!
----------------------------------------------------------------

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Shadow Leader Parfrida
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

[Parfrida flips her walking stick into the air, catches it, then wields it like a sword]

"You'll be made to pay for your crimes! Go, Claydol and Persian!"

"I think you'll be the one who's paying. Go, Milotic and Tyranitar!"

"Rich, I'm not surprised but those are both Shadow Pokémon......"

"Oh, just hush yourself, girl! I'm so sick of hearing you speak after all that whining you did when I had you prisoner. Persian, Shadow Mist!"

Persian sent out a cloud of dark mist, which enveloped Rich's team and bogged both of his Pokémon down.

"Milotic, use Surf!"

Milotic created a large wave of water then crashed it down onto Parfrida's Pokémon. Claydol took a rather strong hit, Persian less so.

"Tyranitar, follow that up with a Mega Punch!"

Tyranitar's fist glowed white as it lunged at Persian and delivered a blow right to the Normal type's face. This attack was very strong.

"Claydol, time for us to fight back! Shadow Rave!"

Claydol used its shadow aura to launch energy spikes, hitting both Milotic and Tyranitar hard.

"Persian, you chase that by using Shadow Storm!"

With its dark power, Persian whipped up a tornado of shadow energy. It spun into both of Rich's Pokémon, though Tyranitar took less damage than Milotic. It became clear that Parfrida's strategy was to hit fast and hard with wide-area attacks.

"So that's your way of doing things......Milotic, Surf again!"

Milotic crashed another wave down onto Parfrida's team, again hitting Claydol harder than Persian.

"I think we may have a Snag on our hands in a short while, Tyranitar. Help shore it up with Crunch!"

Tyranitar lept forth and crunched down on Persian. This attack further weakened the already highly-damaged cat Pokémon.

"Claydol, another Shadow Rave!"

Claydol again sent out spikes of shadow aura energy. Milotic got hit harder than Tyranitar did. The Water type was also noticeably becoming weaker.

"Shadow Storm!!!"

Persian whipped up another vicious tornado of dark energy. Tyranitar still held firm against the barrage of Shadow attacks, but Milotic couldn't take anymore. It fainted.

"Fwohohohohoho! I score the first blow! Wanna give up yet?!"

"Not on your life, creep. Return, Milotic! Go, Alakazam! Use Reflect!"

A blue aura emanated from Alakazam's eyes and took the form of a shield over Rich's team.

"Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at Persian. It absorbed the cream-colored cat, fell to the floor, and rocked once...............

twice...............

and three times. Rich had Snagged the first of Parfrida's Shadow Pokémon.

"Oh, how dare you Snag my Shadow Persian! That was one of my favorites, too! Now I'll give you a taste of my true power.......go, Latios!"

"Rich!!! She's got a Shadow Latios!!!"

"Now you shall see the true extent of my strength. Claydol, Shadow Rave!"

Claydol sent out another wave of shadow energy spikes, but this time their power was stunted by the Reflect.

"Latios, Shadow Panic!"

Parfrida's Latios cast a swirling dark cloud towards Rich's team. When it hit, it split into two circles of shadowy stars, confusing both Alakazam and Tyranitar.

"Alakazam, Fire Punch!"

Alakazam overcame its confusion and managed to hit Claydol with a fiery punch.

"Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw another Snag Ball, this one at Claydol. The Shadow Pokémon was snared, then the ball began tilting................

once.........

twice.........

three times. Rich now had a lead over Parfrida, his five Pokémon to her four.

"Grrrrrrr......perhaps I did underestimate you all this time. No matter, I'll still win. Go, Swellow!"

"No big surprise, Rich. It's a Shadow Pokémon."

"Surprise THIS! Swellow, Shadow Break!"

Swellow focused, absorbed shadow energy into its body, then rammed into Alakazam while giving off the shadowy aura.

"Latios, rid me of that bothersome Reflect. Shadow Shed!"

Latios absorbed shadow energy then cast a flood of it over Rich's team, purging the Reflect.

"Alakazam, Ice Punch!"

Alakazam again overcame its confusion and hit Latios with an icy punch. This attack was super-effective, but Latios wasn't badly fazed by it.

"Crunch, Tyranitar!"

Tyranitar wasn't so lucky. It tripped in confusion and hurt itself.

"Now is the time! Swellow, Shadow Break!"

Swellow again absorbed energy and dive-bombed Tyranitar while giving off the shadowy aura.

"Latios, Shadow Storm!"

Mysteriously, however, Latios tried to use Shadow Shed again instead.

"What?!! Latios, you were created to obey only ME! How DARE you turn against me?!?!"

"Actually, I did it, Parfrida." Rich pointed at Latios's head, on which a Choice Band was attached.

"Haaaaa.........where did that come from? I demand to know!"

"During the confusion in the middle of the Shadow Shed attack, I gave it to Alakazam, had it copy itself and teleport over to Latios, and set it on. You're stuck using Shadow Shed now!"

Parfrida stamped her foot in fury, unable to admit she had, at least for now, been outsmarted.

"Now, Alakazam, we have free reign on her! Thunderpunch!"

Alakazam recovered from confusion for good as its fists crackled with electricity, and it delivered a powerful, paralyzing blow to Swellow.

"Tyranitar, try a Facade!"

Tyranitar also managed to recover from its confusion and charge Swellow. The bird Pokémon was now severly injured.

"It's not done yet! Shadow Break!"

Swellow once more delivered a crushing shadow aura tackle. This one fainted Alakazam.

"This is going just fine.......go, Salamence!"

Rich sent out Salamence as Parfrida sputtered an inaudible command to Latios. It didn't matter what she had ordered, Latios again tried to use Shadow Shed.

"Snag Ball, go!"

This Snag Ball was directed at Swellow. The Shadow Pokémon was sucked into the ball, which then fell to the floor and began its rocking.

It rocked once.........

Rocked twice.......

Rocked a third time, and pinged. Three of Parfrida's Shadow Pokémon---Swellow, Claydol and Persian---had now been Snagged.

"Argh!! I'm going to need to do something different. Go, Heracross!"

"Another Shadow, Rich............"

"A Heracross, eh? Let's go!"

Parfrida again sputtered furiously and incomprehensibly, leaving Latios to involuntarily use Shadow Shed yet again.

"Uh, Lady Parfrida?"

"Not now, Adio! I need to focus! Heracross, Shadow Rush!"

Heracross tackled Tyranitar powerfully while giving off the shadowy aura. Tyranitar's strength finally gave out, and it fainted.

"Tyranitar, return! Now it's a good time, so come on out, Lugia!"

"LADYPARFRIDAPLEASESWITCHOUTLATIOSYOUCANBREAKTHECHOICEBAND!!!!" Adio suddenly blurted out.

Parfrida looked at him with fury in her eyes, then realized what he had said.

"Y'know, Adio is right for one. Come back, Latios! Go, Latias!"

"A Shadow Latias!"

"So she's going to fight after all! Very good, let us battle until the bitter end!"

"Fine by me! Hit me with all you've got!"

"Lugia, Psychic......but temper it a bit!"

Lugia's eyes glowed blue as it lifted Heracross high into the air and crashed it down, doing high damage.

Salamence blew fire on its claws and then slashed Latias powerfully.

"Latias, Shadow Storm!"

Latias whipped up a vicious tornado of shadow energy to hit Rich's team with great power.

"Heracross, Shadow Half!"

Heracross sent out blades of shadow energy, halving the strength of all Pokémon in battle.

"Lugia, Thunder Wave!"

Lugia emitted weak pulses of electricity from its body, jolting and paralyzing Heracross.

"Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw another Snag Ball, now with Heracross in his sights. It scooped up the Bug and Fighting type, fell to the floor, and rocked........

.....once........

....twice........

.....three times. Now it was just two Pokémon left for Parfrida---her strongest two.

"Fwohohoho! Make your return to battle, Latios!"

Latios reappeared, still wearing the Choice Band---but its effect was temporarily negated thanks to Parfrida withdrawing Latios.

"Use that Choice Band to power up your Shadow Storm!"

Latios created an even more intense Shadow Storm attack which buffeted Rich's team with brutal power.

"Latias, you do it now too!"

Latias mimicked the Shadow Storm, continuing the barrage of powerful attacks.

"Lugia, Thunder Wave!"

Lugia again sent weak jolts of electricity out, this time paralyzing Latias.

Using its claws to hook and slash Latias, Salamence weakened the Shadow Pokémon to a critical level. It most likely would be Snagged soon.

"Latios, another Shadow Storm!"

Latios, continuing to recieve power from the Choice Band, attacked with another, even more vicious twister of shadow energy. Salamence was nearly knocked out at this point.

"Latias, you know what to do! Finish him!"

Latias continued the Shadow Storm barrage, taking down Salamence.

"That's okay! Salamence, return. Go, Ludicolo! Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at Latias. Even though it was paralyzed and critically weakened, Latias put up a fight. The ball rocked back and forth forcefully......

once.........

....twice......

....and pinged at three. Parfrida's hopes all came down to her Latios now.

"Latios, Shadow Storm! We cannot lose!"

An even more powerful attack was produced by Latios as it continued getting power from its Choice Band.

"Ludicolo, Ice Beam!"

Ludicolo aimed and blasted a beam of ice at Latios, inflicting strong damage.....and luckily for Rich, freezing it solid!!!!

"NOOOOO!!!!! LATIOS!!!"

"Ahahahaha! Methinks this battle is near its end! Lugia, Aeroblast!"

Lugia focused, then hit Latios with a powerful vacuumed air blast.

"Latios, Shadow Storm!"

Latios just floated there, frozen.

"Ice Beam!"

Ludicolo hit Lugia with another Ice Beam, weakening it to a near-fainting point.

"SNAG BALL!!!! GO!!!!!"

The fate of the world rested on this one last Snag Ball. It absorbed its target and fell to the floor...........

One tilt...........

"Come on....." Anabel and all the others could be heard whispering.

Two tilts.......

"No.....I am Queen Shadow, I cannot lose...."

Three tilts and a ping. It was all over.

"Aiyeeeeehhhh!!!!! My plan! My brilliant plan has been ruined!"

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Oh, no! No! No! NOOOOOO!!!!!!"

Parfrida collapsed to the floor. Adio and Lawrence rushed to her side.

"My queen, are you alright?"

"Adio...I am fine....but now...it cannot....how could I lose??!!"

"I'll tell you why I beat you. It's because of where the true strength of a Pokémon comes from. You thought it came through making battle machine Pokémon with hearts of darkness, but true power is accessed only through the heart---a strong bond between trainer and Pokémon will always win."

Anabel and the others approached Rich.

"Wow.......Rich, I am completely amazed at your skill. Thanks to you, the world is now safe again. With Parfrida and her goons defeated, there is no need to fear anymore. Rich......thank you."

Anabel kissed Rich on the cheek, much to the amusement of Ein and Venus.

"Hah, our daughter's taken a bit of a shine to you, eh Rich?" Venus teased. "I can't say I blame her---you're quite something!"

"Rich. When I entrusted you with the Snag Machine and the mission to stop Enigma Shadow, your victory was but a faint hope to me. But now it has become reality and it is thanks to you. You're an honorable young man. I was able to trust you with saving the world....so I feel I can entrust my daughter to you as well."

"Thank you, Ein.......I'm really at a loss for words."

Jimmy and Miror B. strutted up to Rich.

"Hey, yo! You ain't the Tower's champ for nothin', that's for sure. Being beaten by the hero who stomped down Enigma Shadow....it makes me want to dance! Oh yeah!"

"Rich, man, I can't believe I know someone as groovy as you! You rocked that queen with the power of a Bee Gees album!"

Last but not least, Jamie and Greta stepped forward along with a mysterious blonde woman who also had been held.

"When you knocked out Tucker, you were already my hero. Now you've saved the Tower and the entire world? I hope our modest facility will still be graced with your presence."

"Oh, no worry about that, Jamie! I plan to stay here with Anabel and battle here just like always!"

"When I was taken in, it was a very scary experience. I had met some weird people as the Arena Tycoon but Parfrida and her underlings were the worst. I felt better when Anabel told me of how brave you were, Rich. That got me through many a tough hour."

"Aww, thanks for all the praise, but really.......Steven, Ashley and Anabel deserve just as much. Without them, I'd never have been able to win out over Enigma Shadow."

"Nonsense!" Steven chuckled. "You were the one who did most of the battling and most of the Snagging, you deserve the praise! And I'm sure Ashley doesn't mind one bit....right?"

"Steven said it. You're an inspiration, Rich. I'm lucky to have met you.

"Thank you, all........." Rich suddenly noticed the mysterious woman. "Hm? Who are you?"

"My name is Dianne."

"WHAT!!! The same Dianne that the Shadow Admin Butler was raving on about?!"

"That's me. Do you know where he has gone? He doesn't know it, but Queen Shadow was playing him as a fool to get his Groudon and Jirachi research."

"No...sorry. I can promise to keep an eye for him."

"That's fine. I just hope he's okay."

Jimmy jumped back into the conversation.

"I'm sure he's fine. Now, we have an occasion to celebrate! Let's party!"

END of CHAPTER TEN

~Fire&Ice~

Conspiracy Theorist
WOOHOO!!!! First!
That was some battle with a bit of colorful language on Parfrida's behalf.

"What?!! Latios, you were created to obey only ME! How DARE you turn against me?!?!"

"Actually, I did it, Parfrida." Rich pointed at Latios's head, on which a Choice Band was attached.

"Haaaaa.........where did that come from? I demand to know!"

"During the confusion in the middle of the Shadow Shed attack, I gave it to Alakazam, had it copy itself and teleport over to Latios, and set it on. You're stuck using Shadow Shed now!"

Parfrida stamped her foot in fury, unable to admit she had, at least for now, been outsmarted.

Quite a bit of a temper problem... Has she heard of anger management? lol

Parfrida again sputtered furiously and incomprehensibly, leaving Latios to involuntarily use Shadow Shed yet again.

I really wonder what she was saying to Latios...

"No.....I am Queen Shadow, I cannot lose...."

psh... like that counts for anything now...

Marvelous battle and chapter indeed. But she didn't put up more of a fight than I thought she would... I have feeling that this isn't over? She hasn't even used XD-02 yet, so... DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN!!!! Can't wait to hear more!

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
Wow... that was an intense battle... and once again, Dark Lugia saves the day (of course it would. How else would Rich have survived against two Shadow Legendaries?).

Great chapter, although, as Charizard pointed out, we haven't seen the last of Parfrida's plans... probably. Hmm... wonder if she's just putting on a show after the battle...

The other characters coming on scene was nice, many making a return appearance, some making a brand new one. Dianne... oh well, I'm glad to see Wishmaker's influence in the story (haven't pointed that out yet for some reason).

Chapter 10. You didn't say end of story, so I'm assuming it's not the last (despite the fact that the scene starts the credits rolling in my head). On a side note, didn't Tucker have a Latias as well? And I'm glad to see the little relationship between Rich and Anabel finally come out into the open. Ah well... *sits back and waits for confirmation*

Until we meet again...
;150;

Scizor King

Scizor owns you.
Now THIS is a work of art. I truly have not seen work like this for a while. THIS SHOULD BE PUBLISHED. Heh, I saw the Rich/Anabel ship coming from a mile away. Now let's sit back, get some popcorn AND a soda, and watch . . . THE FINAL CHAPTER. If possible, this should seriously be published. *Gets ready for the last battle.*

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Mwahahahahah. Yes, I knew you guys would get it. That's why I abruptly ended Chapter 10 the way I did. It ain't over by a mile. And not only that, there are still some twists left. You ain't seen the least of my tricks yet! (Actually, ONE person has correctly guessed the ending....you know who you are, so PLEASE do not spoiler it.)

WOOHOO!!!! First!
That was some battle with a bit of colorful language on Parfrida's behalf.

She obviously couldn't accept the fact she lost after talking such a good game.

Quite a bit of a temper problem... Has she heard of anger management? lol

If you gave birth to Verich's children and then one turned against you, you'd have anger issues too.

I really wonder what she was saying to Latios...

Insert whatever quote you wish.

psh... like that counts for anything now...

That's what the guards will call her when she inevitably goes to jail. Queen Shadow in Cell Block D-4.

Marvelous battle and chapter indeed. But she didn't put up more of a fight than I thought she would... I have feeling that this isn't over? She hasn't even used XD-02 yet, so... DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN!!!! Can't wait to hear more!

Heheheheh.......

Wow... that was an intense battle... and once again, Dark Lugia saves the day (of course it would. How else would Rich have survived against two Shadow Legendaries?).

Yeah, when your opponent has two powerful Shadow Legendaries, having an 00ber of your own does help. And now was a good time for its 00berness to come out.

Great chapter, although, as Charizard pointed out, we haven't seen the last of Parfrida's plans... probably. Hmm... wonder if she's just putting on a show after the battle...

Oh, she's plenty mad that she lost. How much she's lost, you have yet to find out.

The other characters coming on scene was nice, many making a return appearance, some making a brand new one. Dianne... oh well, I'm glad to see Wishmaker's influence in the story (haven't pointed that out yet for some reason).

Let's just say we haven't seen the last of Butler yet either.

Chapter 10. You didn't say end of story, so I'm assuming it's not the last (despite the fact that the scene starts the credits rolling in my head).

Heh. I was tempted to put a false credit roll ala the end of the original Donkey Kong Country, but that would've made it too obvious. Maybe I'll do it as a bonus "deleted scene" later, after the story truly ends.

On a side note, didn't Tucker have a Latias as well?

The Brains generally kept their existing teams, so Tucker had a non-Shadow Latias. This was also why Anabel has both Latios and Raikou. I would've given her Entei too, but to be fair I gave it to Grubba instead. In the original, Spenser had Suicune in his rematch.

And I'm glad to see the little relationship between Rich and Anabel finally come out into the open. Ah well... *sits back and waits for confirmation*

Of course. But you don't know just how important their bond is going to end up being.

Now THIS is a work of art. I truly have not seen work like this for a while. THIS SHOULD BE PUBLISHED.

You like it that much? Gee, thanks! :) I highly doubt it would ever be published.....but it is very gratifying to hear people review it so well. That is all I could wish for, that my labor of love was enjoyed by others and greatly to boot. Thank you.

Heh, I saw the Rich/Anabel ship coming from a mile away

Intended to be so. Like I said, the fact that they've fallen in love will be an important one later, so remember it well.

Now let's sit back, get some popcorn AND a soda

Don't drink too much, the loo's a bit backed up tonight. ;) And you wouldn't want to have to go in the middle of Rich's battle with............

*Gets ready for the last battle.*

You should get ready. It's gonna be a mind-blower.

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
The Great Butler said:
Mwahahahahah. Yes, I knew you guys would get it. That's why I abruptly ended Chapter 10 the way I did. It ain't over by a mile. And not only that, there are still some twists left. You ain't seen the least of my tricks yet! (Actually, ONE person has correctly guessed the ending....you know who you are, so PLEASE do not spoiler it.)
Of course we got it. We know you and your tricks fairly well by now, you know. ;)

I don't believe I'm the one who guessed it, so I'm going to make some more guesses. In spoilers, of course.

The Great Butler said:
Oh, she's plenty mad that she lost. How much she's lost, you have yet to find out.
Hmm... sounds like she only lost the battle, not the war.

The Great Butler said:
Let's just say we haven't seen the last of Butler yet either.
[SPOIL]Great. He'll come back in the middle of some crucial moment with a Shadow Groudon and a Shadow Jirachi and save Parfrida's day. That really cheers me up. Or maybe he'll do exactly the opposite, and come with a normal Groudon and a normal Jirachi and save Rich's day. That really does cheer me up![/SPOIL]

The Great Butler said:
Of course. But you don't know just how important their bond is going to end up being.
The Great Butler said:
Intended to be so. Like I said, the fact that they've fallen in love will be an important one later, so remember it well.
Hmmmmmm....... [spoil]Sounds like Parfrida's going to turn Rich into one of these Shadow Humans she was talking about earlier, then Anabel will break the door to his heart open and save the day. Or vice versa.[/spoil]

The Great Butler said:
Don't drink too much, the loo's a bit backed up tonight. ;) And you wouldn't want to have to go in the middle of Rich's battle with............
That means that the final Chapter is up tonight, right? Can'twaitCan'twaitCan'twaitCan'twaitCan'twait... *manages to restrains self by writing own fic*

Until we meet again...
;150;

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
WAHHHHHHH!!!!!! I had a good chunk of the intro done and my AOL freaking crashed on me!!! Damn it!

Of course we got it. We know you and your tricks fairly well by now, you know.

Heheheheh. Of course. I've trained you well, my friends. ;)

I don't believe I'm the one who guessed it, so I'm going to make some more guesses. In spoilers, of course.

Fine by me. But don't expect any revelations outside of the story itself.

[SPOIL]Great. He'll come back in the middle of some crucial moment with a Shadow Groudon and a Shadow Jirachi and save Parfrida's day. That really cheers me up. Or maybe he'll do exactly the opposite, and come with a normal Groudon and a normal Jirachi and save Rich's day. That really does cheer me up![/SPOIL]

Good guess, but those two Pokémon have already gotten involved elsewhere. Their purpose? Heheheh, you'll find out in time.

[SPOIL]Sounds like Parfrida's going to turn Rich into one of these Shadow Humans she was talking about earlier, then Anabel will break the door to his heart open and save the day. Or vice versa.[/SPOIL]

I wish I had thought of that, that's really good! But unfortunately it cannot happen because [SPOIL]the only way for her to make Shadow Humans was through crossing the female prisoners' DNA with that of a Shadow Pokémon, then artificially making them pregnant. She can't just make one out of an already existing person like that.[/SPOIL]

That means that the final Chapter is up tonight, right? Can'twaitCan'twaitCan'twaitCan'twaitCan'twait... *manages to restrains self by writing own fic*

Sorry, not tonight. But thankfully I will have much time to do it over the next week, so hold tight and I'll deliver, okay?

Scizor King

Scizor owns you.
Yes, I like it that much. Heh, I'm going to save it all to Microsoft Word after this is done.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Scizor King said:
Yes, I like it that much. Heh, I'm going to save it all to Microsoft Word after this is done.

I am happy that you truly like it so much. Just let me tell you, though---it's a huge file, so I'd save it on a CD or a floppy. It'll eat tons of memory if you save it on your hard drive.