• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon XD: The Shadow Nebula [Rated Pg-13]

HarleyScarow

Emerald Shinigami
Thanks, you really do prove your name as a helpful critic. Anyways, some characters have their strange way of talking compared to the rest. Truth to tell I will take your advice if the way they speak does go a little out of hand. About the unlucky girl, I got the idea from watching the anime and decided to expand on how pathetic she is. Crossovers really rock if you put your mind into it. You might also notice most of the names are from the original Japanese--something I greatly respect when comparing it to the horrible dub. What I do is always respect the original, including credits and such.

Anyways, how was your vacation in Hawaii? As usual, I wasted everything.

HarleyScarow

Emerald Shinigami
Episode 23: Nerds At Work

Sorry for the late chapter update--Don't worry, because I know I promised that I would make one whenever Saturday rolled around. On Friday it was my birthday, so I was busy doing other things. Yesterday, we went places to celebrate my birthday because that was when my big brother could come home, so there. Not only that, but writing three fanfictions at one time sure isn't helping with any schedule (LOL I write 15 pages everyday). Starting to clear the writer's block; I also implemented the old style of battling!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Episode 23: Nerds At Work

Previously on Pokémon XD: The Shadow Nebula…

The machine stopped, and the mugshot was a picture of a weak looking girl with purple ponytails tied by a red barrette, wearing a blue green collared shirt buttoned up all the way, closing her arms together tightly from the strange freezing appearance she had. She was trying her best to smile, as if faking it, and her face had the cute lady red blushing on her cheeks. Her face wasn’t white, but reddened out because of snow. You could see, under the mugshot had the name Shuuko Kido written in blue. Everyone gasped.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Judai looked on the ground, and there was a banana slip lying down there, sliding from the contents slipping apart. This was what made Shuuko Kido fall down, because the track of slime was leading all the way on the handrail area of the stairway, along with other garbage littered around. Shuuko Kido slipped on it directly, and all sorts of junk were caught up in her body, further hurting the wounds caused by the fall. However, she acted like it was supposed to happen, forcing the best smile she could on her face.
Out from the ground rose a dark key creature without any legs, hovering above the ground slowly when it opened as a murky purple creature with a similar aura slowly lifted from the shadows; red eyes showed on the beast, twitching with the center of the pupil looking back as the key forced on the ground disappeared and allowed the rising creature to rise from the ground. A loud metallic screeching sound was heard as it broke through the earth, being the steal it was. The car keys completely disappeared, and the black button on the device transformed into the head of the Pokémon, standing up as the bottom made a forceful appearance. As the Pokémon rose from the ground, the smell of silver was there. The Pokémon’s body was now completely seen as a huge floating key with dark arms, held out and ready to murder a nearby person. The bottom of the key was actually made out of drilling devices, with the edge having twirling drills slowly rotating, pointing its way to the enemy overhead, at the tubes Shuuko’s Pokémon were within.
The entire net was actually flooded from this point, but you couldn’t see it from where they were before. The strange idea of the Internet being enveloped inside water was very much possible, as the entire place was soaking and no other Navi was in sight, or they were floating up to the top of the area, drowning from the rushing water current the three weren’t aware of. It wasn’t actually like reality’s water, but the entire net was still in a beautiful tone of blue, and little fish were floating in the air cutely, passing by them with their Kawaii face. Being a blue tone the net was, waves and streams passed where they were, and even the contents from the near areas were leaking over to this one, like trash being carried by a river, except it was comical viruses. The Navis drowning of course didn’t need to breath, but they were struggling from the natural force and disclosure, although some of them did ‘drink’ the water in the area by misfortune. Aquaman was on sight in the area hiding on a small square, crying miserably and pathetically.
Judai’s screen appeared. “Hey Aquaman, you’re gonna be up against me and Flame Wingman! Get your game on, because I’m ready for a good fight here!”
“After that battle, I think my life won’t change at all…”
“What are you talking about? You had so much confidence during that battle! I lost day and night and get less wins than losses, but that’s still good! You’re a winner now.”
Shuuko was playing with her fingers again with a sad look on her face, then wiped off the tears on them and showed a smile. “Okay! After I get my washing machine!”
Shuuko began walking out of the stadium’s door, but then she tripped, landing on her backside. “I guess some things never change,” this time with a smile on her face.

* * *​

Futatsu no Mirai

Hajimari o Tsugeru Kane no Koe
At the beginning, the bell echoes to let you know

Toki ga Kawari
That it's just a matter of change

Kinou Uchikeshi Narihibiku yo
From a terrible yesterday

Daijoubu Kimi ga koko ni ireba
It’s all right, since you're here next to me

Hitori janai Sore ga Yuuki Okosaseru
I'm not alone, and that's what'll awaken my courage

Fukigenna Sora Mabushii hodo
This sullen sky dazzles so

Terashi Daseru Taiyou ni nareru
It's so bright that I feel as if it's the sun

Kimi to Wakachiau Kibou to Yorokobi
I'll share this with you, the joy of my hopes

Kurosu suru Sono Tabifukamaru Kizuna
This cross holds the deepness of our bond

Mirai to Genzai Pazuru o Awasete
The future and the present join together with this puzzle

Kokoro Tsunagaru Bokura no Yume
Our hearts are connected for our dream

Akashi ni naru
I'll become the proof

* * *​

After leaving the stage, Judai noticed his device glowing along with Shuuko’s, right before they left the door. They had looked shocks and amazed at the same time.

[=============================================]
Subject: Soul Unison

Seeing as you've completed Aquaman's will, you will get a soul from one of them. Souls will allow you to fuse with the soul of the particular Navi, granting you some of their abilities. Perhaps this ability may help you in saving the world, but this is only one for many, as your friendship may take you far…take care of yourself, and the future.

Aqua Soul - An aqua element chip | Water Symbol Chip
BLUE MOON ONLY
Changes user to Water-Element

1. MegaMan can walk normally on ice.

2. Hold B and then release it to shoot out bubbles.

3. Hold A and then release it while having an Aqua Chip equipped to do double damage. This doesn’t work in the case of time-freezing chips.

A voice in your head…

“What happened Judai?” asked Shuuko. “Our PETs are glowing…”

“I think it has something to do with Soul Unison…I’ll try my best to win all the way! The email I just got says Aquaman and myself fused together for aquatic power.”

Judai obtained Aqua Soul!

“I hope it will help you during your other battles,” muttered Shuuko. “Thanks for being my friend again. Let’s head back to the inn for the sake of doing so, okay?”

“Okay, I’ll get ready for whenever I fight my next match! The semifinals are tomorrow, so I guess I better go home and get my game on for the next round.”

“Your next match isn’t until four days after today,” informed Tiana. “Since you were the first in the matchups, you face the winner of the next matchup, get what I mean?”

“Not really…I want to battle really quickly so I can win the tournament.”

“What she means is that you’re in the first match of the tournament, taken place on the first day,” clarified Aaron. “Since this is just the quarterfinals, there is three more matches ahead of you to watch, and each one takes place once per day since there’s so much terror to clean up from Cipher and Team Rocket. Your match is after those three days, which is the fourth from here. You have the most time to prepare and watch.”

“This usually doesn’t sound like me, but since I have the most time ahead of me, I might as well get ready earlier by preparing ahead of time. It’s a change on me, you know.”

“Why would you go and prepare right now?” wondered Dekao. “Remember, one of the contestants from the next match will at least be your matchup, so shouldn’t you go and study ahead of time by watching their battles? Even I knew that before you did.”

“Why do you guys have to be so mean…?”

* * *​

The next day, with everyone filling up in the contestant stage again…

“The first match in the quarterfinals of this tournament has come to an end yesterday, and it was Judai Yuki vs. Shuuko Kido. It was a close match, and although Shuuko would’ve won if Flame Wingman didn’t have as many HP as he did, it was a close match! Judai will be advancing to the semifinals. For now, it’s the second match of the quarterfinals, and the winner of this match will be the one facing Judai for a spot in the final round!”

“She makes this tournament seem so quick,” commented Garrett. But the sooner these tournaments are over, the quicker the world will be saved…

“Let’s use the random number generator I downloaded from Google to determine which of the remaining six contestants will be in the second match.” Jillian took out a laptop and opened up the random number generator, hooking it to the overhead and starting it.

BING! BING! BING! BING! BING! BING!

[Terry Jomon | Sparkman vs. Higure Yamitaro | Numberman]

The first picture was an image of a boy with fuzzy hair wearing red glasses extending through his face, which had a dark looking image as he looked down on everyone. He wore a big blue and purple cap wrapping most of his head, but still not enough to cover his bushy hair in the back. His shirt was technologically black, with electrical waves flowing through them; on the arms were surges ending at the sleeves with a white shock, while the emblem was a huge static circle. White pants filled with gears and other machinery parts contributed to his appearance, with the PET case on the left side of him, as he put his brown-gloved hands inside of them. His right leg was kicking over to the wall, showing a pose. The picture next to him was a certain Navi very familiar to the other people, as he stood there with his spears clashing onto each other…

Judai was freaked, I can’t make out who that guy is again, but that Navi over there looks almost exactly like the Sparkman I faced earlier when I had to go and save my dad from the Jomon’s Electronics building! The other guy looks different now…

Garrett explained, “That other guy is dressing differently this time, but he’s Terry Spark, the same person who wanted to kill your dad up there, remember? Since he’s in this tournament, I have to make sure he doesn’t do anything against the law again.”

The other picture has a nerdy guy who wore glasses as well, although they were the most schoolboy-like kind you could ever think of, on his beetle like face as he looked up ready to bite something. His hair was brown and extremely messy, uncovered unlike his opponent. Leading to the next was a tucked-in white collared shirt with the buttons covered by a red tie with a patch in the middle to attach. Holding in his hand was a brown book with no use whatsoever, as it didn’t have a title. His pants were dark blue and the nerdiest kind you could ever see, with the only thing looking released were his worn white socks in brown sandals. The Navi next to him had a disco ball for a head, and was as technological as his operator. His hands merely having three fingers each; the right arm was on his hips, while the left was on his head; with the rest of his body looking like a mathematician, except devoid of the cape. The Navi’s body was mostly green, counting the torso, hands, and legs. A real nerdy dancer was the right thing to think as a mugshot.

“Okay, I absolutely have no idea who that nerdy guy and his partner is, but I’m hoping I get to battle him instead of Terry Jomon. So guys please don’t ask why.”

“Why?” they all asked.

“I told you not to-- never mind, I’ll tell you. Terry Jomon was the dangerous guy I battled much earlier; I’m sure some of you saw on the news a while ago about my dad being held captive on the Jomon’s Electronics lightningrod, right? Well he’s the one ordering Cipher Mechanic Gorigan or Nebula whatever to do so. Then he forced me to battle him for my dad’s life, so I had to. Now guess what happened after the battle passed.”

“You lost?” asked Dekao. “I like seeing you lose.”

“Actually, I didn’t lose, but I didn’t win either. The match was cut short when it lasted too long, so he decided to get right down to it and steal my dad all the way. We managed to stop him from doing so, but my dad was hit by electricity, and half dead for real.”

“Sounds pretty awesome,” commented Tiana. “I like stories when people give up the ghost, especially if it involves their family members at the hands of malicious villains.”

“I heard that’s only awesome whenever it’s in a book or movie, because when it happens in real life, it’s something really terrible to feel if it ever happened to you.”

“I guess you’re right about that. I’ll try not to say ineffable things like that again.”

Higure walked down the halls of the Den Dome carrying a plethora of books in his arms, struggling yet knowing he was supposed to do so for no reason whatsoever; everyone in the room looked at him weird, considering he had the strangest appearance in the room anyways. Shuuko Kido somehow managed to accidentally trip him when she was walking, causing all of those devices he was carrying to completely topple over. He was on the ground comically with everything falling on him, shaking in comical pain.

“Whoa, it looks like my bad luck power kicked in again. Too bad.”

“Huh? Bad luck power?” Higure got up. “Oh hi Shuuko, looks like I was the one with bad luck this time, as usual.” He accumulated his chips and began walking again.

“What’s up with Higure today?” wondered Dekao. “What a nerd, especially since he overprices those chips he sells at that shop of his. I’m never going there again.”

“What?” asked Judai. “Rare cards? I’d like that…”

*RING! RING! RING! *

Higure got an email before he left the dome.

Subject: Free Rare Chips
To: All Den Battle Tournament Participants

~this is an email being sent to everyone in the Den Battle tournament regarding chips. In order to make sure none of the Navis here are taking any battle enhancement drugs, we are running a test on every operator and Navi here to assure that. Whoever doesn’t do so will automatically be disqualified from the tournament. Also, the check will give extra boosts to your Navi not from performance enhancement drugs, but rather the fact that anyone coming by will get some rare chips. This will reduce the chances of a participant cheating during a match. Make those a dozen rare chips for you if you head over to the front of the Den Dome, where all of your other competition members will be there to take the test as well. Tournament matches will be delayed until this examination is over, and the quicker you get here, the more chips you will earn. Please come now, as the second match between Higure and Terry will commence soon in the stadium stage.

We look ahead to the future,
Jomon’s Electronics

“Huh? Oh no I’m starting to have cravings for smexy chips with cute pictures…I can’t resist the fact rare chips are being given out because I’m a nerd that has no life.”

“I wonder what that email was?”

*RING! RING! RING! *

Judai got an email as well.

~this is an email being sent to everyone in the Den Battle tournament regarding chips. In order to make sure none of the Navis here are taking any battle enhancement drugs, we are running a test on every operator and Navi here to assure that. Whoever doesn’t do so will automatically be disqualified from the tournament. Also, the check will give extra boosts to your Navi not from performance enhancement drugs, but rather the fact that anyone coming by will get some rare chips. This will reduce the chances of a participant cheating during a match. Make those a dozen rare chips for you if you head over to the front of the Den Dome, where all of your other competition members will be there to take the test as well. Tournament matches will be delayed until this examination is over, and the quicker you get here, the more chips you will earn. Please come now, as the second match between Higure and Terry will commence soon in the stadium stage.

Jomon’s Electronics

“Ooh…rare chips are nice and something to love, although I rather hang out with my Elemental Heroes. Let’s head over there as well, and get our folder on!”

“That was so cheesy,” insulted Dekao. “Besides, what did you just get?”

“That was so mean,” replied Tiana. “So what Judai has cheesy sayings?”

Dekao and Tiana got an email as well.

Jomon’s Electronics

“We had the same email,” stated Tiana and Dekao. “Now what?”

“I guess we have to head over there for the inspection then.”

Valentine Rowan whispered to Garrett, “I never remembered something like this mentioned in the safeguard of the tournament--there’s something going on.”

“It might have been altered at the last second if you think about it,” replied Garrett. “We need to go and check on this just in case no matter what the situation.”

“Why don’t we just chillax and let the guy who’s doing this do whatever he wants so we can get a move-on?” suggested Aaron. “Let’s have a break from our job for once!”

Garrett and Valentine both shouted in unison, “Are you in actuality an official member?!”

“Just kidding! Let’s head over there to make sure everything is regular.”

* * *​

After arriving outside of the Den Dome, there was Higure along with the other contestants waiting in line, with Judai, Dekao, and Tiana just arriving there. The person in charge of this examination was strangely Terry Jomon, the one from earlier. He was inspecting many people’s PETs, although there wasn’t much difference in his actions.

“As you may all know, you contestants of this tournament have received an email from Jomon Electronics offering a free PET maintenance check to our customers, and I’m right here in front of the Den Dome ready to make this free offer for all of you people!”

“I thought you said it was mandatory!” complained one of the contestants.

“Actually, it is mandatory; I forgot about that. Now if all of you can put your devices onto this table thingy, I can get this maintenance check going and we can be happy.”

Judai, Tiana, Dekao, Shuuko, Higure, and Terry himself put their PETs onto the device, along with the other contestants. Looking closely, Terry’s PET was put in a different location than the other PETs, although they were on the same table. It was on a different looking slot, with input data rather than output data, as he put the green and blue PET down onto the table. There were wires linking all of the other PETs onto the one in the middle, which was Terry’s. A sound in the machine started up, and data coursed through the wire. The stage where the table a few feet off the ground forcing itself into the floor with a cloth, blocking all the wires within the machine. They weren’t seen, but some of them were still sticking out clearly. A label was in the middle spelling out ‘Jomon’s Electronics’ with an electrical smile pointing out of the transparent table.

“Since the PET is an electronic device, it should be serviced once in a while,” advised Terry, holding onto his PET. “I see you’re the one I’m facing in the next round, Higure; good luck to you. You’re lucky to be having this service for your devices, right?”

Higure was spacing out. “Huh? I guess so.”

Aaron stood up. “This doesn’t make any sense at all. You’re just one of the contestants here in the tournament like the other people here, so why should you be allowed to run a service like this? For all we know, you may be cheating your way by messing up with our nice devices here. Unless you have permission from Jillian, you’re outta here.”

Terry took out his ID card, and it had a mugshot of him along with the words ‘Jomon’s Electronics’ labeled, showing it to Aaron. “Besides being one of the contestants in this here tournament, I’m also the grandson of Jomon’s Electronics. You already know Jomon’s Electronics is the company paying for this tournament already, right? Therefore, we have the accessibility to do checks like this for the tournament. I don’t appreciate you bashing in and thinking I would honestly be performing a crime for the downside.”

“He does have a point there, Aaron,” remarked Valentine Rowan. “We should keep an eye out for the glitches of the examination rather than the one giving it out.”

“Still, we can’t forget this is the guy who almost killed Judai’s dad,” reminded Garrett. “I know we shouldn’t worry about this particular act of kindness, but it might be there to cover up something he wants to do later. Good thing Judai’s dad is far away right now.”

“The offer is for the tournament entrants. I also installed another folder into your devices just in case your main one ever goes stupid. Good luck in the upcoming matches.”

*BING! * The machine making the maintenance check beeped and stopped.

“If all of you can take your folders back, you can go back to doing whatever you were doing before the examination. I have to go hang out with my grandfather now.” Terry Jomon left the scene, leaving a piece of paper on the ground where he walked.

Higure stared at his PET after taking it back. “Huh? What the hell?”

Shuuko gently lifted hers off the machine. “What’s wrong, Higure? You lose a rare chip like you did the other day again? Your face looks greener and paler than usual.”

“This is going to sound crazy, but my chip folder is locked! AHH!” Higure was running around in circles, sweating about what to do next as he panicked into confusion.

Judai acquired his PET from the machine, but being the ignorant person he is, he didn’t notice any changes to the device. “Throw down and stop running around in circles!”

Dekao and Tiana received theirs as well. “Oh crap…my folder’s made of crap…” They both said in unison, comically sinking down to the floor with shades on their face.

Aaron calmly walked over to Higure, and forcefully grabbed the PET out of the geek’s hand, looking at the screen. “I told you I was right about the maintenance check being rigged, and I’m about to tell you why. Come and take a look at this…”

The Minus Folder revealed…

X4 Cannon *
X3 Air Shot *
X3 Vulcan *
X2 Mini Bomb *
X4 Sword *
X2 Wide Sword *
X2 Crack Out *
X2 Guard *
X4 Recover 10 *
X2 Barrier *
X2 Attack +10 *

Judai, Tiana, and Dekao took a look at their PETs in shock as their eyes burned at the sight of disgust. “How did our awesome chips turn into nothing but pieces of--”

“I knew my bad luck power would eventually kick in again after a good night’s sleep,” moaned Shuuko. “My folder changed to the same aforementioned as well.”

“It wasn’t you Shuuko,” calmed Aaron. “Well at least not this time.”

* * *​

Terry Jomon was walking down the roads of Elec Town with his hands in his pockets and those glasses he wore shining in intriguing order. Looking up at the sky, he smirked and spoke to himself, “Those stupid idiots are more dumber than I thought they were.”

Sparkman spoke from his PET. “Cheating before a tournament is fun! Buzz…”

“Let’s go mindlessly waste time before the tournament!”

“Yeah, let’s do it! BUZZ…”

* * *​

Higure stopped running manically, and grabbed back his PET. “Huh? Did that really happen? Did I really lose all of my good chips? Well it doesn’t matter because I have another folder up my sleeve for the quarterfinals of this tournament.” Higure grabbed out another folder and held it into the air with pride, his nerdy glasses shining.

“Are you sure about this?” asked Aaron. “Would it be that easy?”

“Of course--when your car runs out of gas, you go and get some more so it can start running again.” He attempted to slot in the folder he held but couldn’t as it flipped into reverse out of his hands. “Huh…? Someone please tell me what just happened…”

Valentine Rowan walked up to Higure. “Your folder wasn’t stolen, it’s just overwritten by another folder. If you want to use your usual one, you have to get rid of the one on top of that folder. However, I doubt I’ll be easy, considering this was a trap.”

“So basically, it’s locked on top of your folder,” confirmed Garrett. “In order to get rid of the lock, there’s a password, but I doubt I’ll be easy getting the password soon.”

Aaron stared at the locked chips underneath the bogus one. “Looks like you have some pretty rare super-special-awesome chips down there. I wonder where you got them.”

“I’m the most famous chip collector is Akihara, so it’s only natural I have so many chips to choose one. I even have a chip shop there, so come visit sometime if you can.”

“We’ll come by there even if it does have overpriced chips,” stated Dekao. “For now we have to worry about getting back our old folder so the rest of the tournament matches don’t look stale and boring. All of these are horrible, even for starter chips!”

Aaron snapped his fingers, realizing the plan. “You might call me slow, but I’m presuming Terry Jomon soughed our folders to become locked so later in the tournament, everyone would have crappy chips while he’d have the best ones in the pack.”

Valentine Rowan snapped her fingers also. “Exactly what I was thinking. Nice Aaron.”

“No you weren’t, I thought of the idea first. I was the one who was suspicious of his plan and I was right, while you thought it was for a good purpose. I’m right, you’re wrong.”

“Where could he possibly have went?” raised Tiana. “Something electronically?”

“Maybe Elec Town,” answered Dekao. “Elec Town’s Jomon’s Electronics is there.”

“Huh? What was that? Let’s head over there and get back my super-rare chips so this tournament can see my power! Oh, and you can get back yours also.”

* * *​

After arriving at the busy Elec Town streets…

Ahead of the road, Higure saw Terry Jomon walking down the streets and began to chase after him with a comical dust trail. “Huh? That’s you! Come back here, you cheater.”

“Oops! Maybe these Pokémon can stop you. Wait, make them Shadow Pokémon!” Terry threw two PokéBalls into the air, and released them onto the field, directing them over at Judai. “Remember the last battle we had? You managed to see four of my Pokémon after almost losing, but you never saw my Shadow Pokémon! Time for an introduction!”

The two PokéBalls released a Shadow Magneton and a Shadow Electrode.

“I never snagged a Shadow Pokémon in a long time,” stated Judai. “I’m not about to let these get away from me like the others. Get your game on and throw down!”

“Sorry, but this battle’s about to be cut short, but I’ll be a blast. Shadow Bomb!”

Magneton’s three Magnemite rearranged themselves, moving around the body slowly with their blue and red magnet tips growing more stronger by the second as a white glow mixed with purple was cast on it. Electrode spun three times, and what looked like a detonation about to launch itself onto the rest of the people was actually turning a dark purple glow, dancing around with its partner and getting more dark by the second as their body dampened in color. You could guess what happened next after this…

“We have to brace ourselves,” warned Aaron. “They’re about to blow up.”

“Stop stating the obvious!” yelled Valentine Rowan. “Why don’t we do something?”

With a forceful blast, they focused all the shadow energies inside of them towards the area, and completely self-destructed, causing purple shadow flares to go off in the air and fall down on everyone, knocking the entire group back as they were on the streets with the destroyed cars. Magneton and Electrode were on the ground, with their shadowy aura as usual, but they were knocked out; Magneton was separated into three parts with static electricity, while Electrode was about to break apart like those toy orbs.

“Great, now everything’s destroyed just like the other day,” muttered Garrett. “I have a question--why didn’t we just use our alchemy to safeguard the city from the blast? We were so cool during the days we introduced ourselves, but now we’re losing our touch?”

“I need to recharge my summon alchemy from the last two days,” stated Aaron. “Besides, barely anything could hold up to two self-destructing Pokémon, especially Shadows.”

“That wasn’t much of a game. I guess you can’t snag them all, but I never got one for a long time. We better keep following the guy before he unleashes whatever his plan is.”

“Huh? He has a bigger plan before that?” Higure scratched his head. “Hey, speaking of whoever we’re looking for, that Terry guy isn’t even in sight anymore. What now?”

“He must’ve went and hid somewhere,” assumed Tiana. “This town’s big, so it’s gonna be hard to see where he is, but I’m guessing it’s somewhere pretty concealed.”

Valentine Rowan snapped her fingers again. “The most covert place in the town is probably the Elec Tower behind the plaza, where Shademan attacked days ago.”

Aaron snapped his fingers in Valentine Rowan’s face. “If you don’t stop snapping those fingers at me, then I’ll do something evil. Let’s just head over there already.”

* * *​

After arriving at Elec Tower, the scene was the same as usual, with the bubbling acid, but there was something new hanging outside of the door. Two Pokémon stood there protecting the entrance. They were two rather large standing penguins with electrical eyelashes and marks hanging from their face, the two parts of their respective faces connecting with each other from electrical surges made in the center, glowing and changing shape. The face of the two Pokémon were covered, with a suit’s collar covering it and only showing the top part, yellow left eye and red right. They were rather tall for penguins, reaching over five feet tall as they completely blocked the entrance inside while wearing a suit with a red and yellow striped tie and carrying a black cane in their hands. Rather professional looking, on their other hand was a black suitcase with paper chunking out of it. They were making cute little squeaking sounds ironic to their appearance, looking at each other in unison and sealing their eyes while chattering.

“Those penguins over there are Shoguin!” exclaimed Garrett. “They are only supposed to be found in icy areas, so they must belong to someone if they’re over here.”

Aaron stared at them closely. “How’d you know that?”

“Because he doesn’t know all about them,” replied Valentine Rowan. “Shoguin may be Ice-types, but they’re also Electric-types. Also from what I’ve read, they like to hang out in places with surging electricity as much as the freezing artic, like the Elec Tower.”

Shoguin, the Electric Penguin; Type is Ice/Electric; They shock themselves for training, somehow summoning electric hail onto the field to strike everything on it. Because the North Pole and the South Pole doesn't have as much electricity as other areas in the world, explorers usually have a Shoguin with them as a partner to supply the conduction whenever they need it. In addition to that, if the static they emit gets rough enough, it can even generate warmth around the area by mixing the sparks with the natural wool it has to keep warm. This is ironic considering it hates the heat, but can somehow survive it due to the freezing electricity sparking out of the ground to generate heat energy. This is a great ice-type partner to have venturing into places with electricity or cold, considering they can shield partners from both of those elements.

“So how are we going to get past them?” wondered Dekao. “We can’t just attack them.”

Tiana took out a black spear with blood dripping at the end, holding it tightly and pointing it towards at the two Pokémon as she snickered. “Who said we couldn’t? Those two are just another duo of mindless Pokémon controlled by trainers, right?”

“They’re not Shadow Pokémon,” pointed out Aaron, “but they might have been set there to stop us from advancing; we need to take them down to keep going then.”

Tiana walked towards them without a care of what they might do to her. She was almost inside, a mere feet away as the others looked at her thoughtless bravery. “Move!”

The two penguins took out their swords and blocked the path with an X.

“So it’s a battle you want, eh?”

==========================================================
Coordinator Tiana vs. Shoguin | Shoguin
==========================================================
[Tiana walked up from the field of dandelions, all of a sudden looking more serious than usual. She jumped high in the air and made patterns and loops of darkness and roses appear, along with a purple wave of energy. Nisower joined her side of the field; Pwoof emerged, running and making annoying looks on his face as well as he jumped.]

Nisower [M] LV 28 | Pwoof [M] LV 28: 131 HP vs. Shoguin [F] LV 29 | Shoguin [M] LV 29

“Nisower, why don’t you start this off with a Flamethrower? Pwoof, show them your luck with your Focus Punch!” Those things are Ice-types, so this should be easy.

Pwoof is tightening his focus.

“How can a Nisower use Flamethrower?” wondered Judai. “It’s a Grass-type.”

“Types don’t always determine the types of attacks a Pokémon can learn,” explained Valentine. “Nisower has lion characteristics in mythology to shoot fire, and when used by a Pokémon can become as real as touch. It was a good surprise though.”

One of the Shoguin forced a huge tidal wave sparking with surging electricity to flow over from the toxic pool, slamming itself onto the two Pokémon. Nisower wasn’t badly damaged, able to hold its roots, while Pwoof took a big hit, but didn’t notice the pain as he was too busy being annoying. The wave stopped after it hit, reducing the water into nothing but flashing sparks. Many boxes from above were hit by the electrical wave, and fell to the ground, sparking with electricity. Tiana looked in wonder, thinking about how strange it was how an Ice-type penguin could use an electrical attack like that.
Pwoof lost his focus and couldn’t move.

“That was an electrical type move, Thunder Tidal, and I heard it’s exclusive to this Pokémon only,” Garrett explained. “Mana, try looking for the attack stats of the move.”

Name: Thunder Tidal | Type: Electric | BA: 90 | AC: 100 | PP: 15 | Target: 2 | Nature: Special
Effect: A huge electrical wave emerges and falls on all opponents powerfully.

The other Shoguin made electrical sparks travel all over her body, although none of it was directed towards Tiana’s Pokémon yet. She forced it to the top, then materialized a black hole in the center of the field and dived down inside of it, disappearing into the field. After leaping into nowhere, the black hole closed up, and everyone wondered where she went. From underground, she was moving down there, traveling over to Tiana’s side of the field--more specifically her Nisower, although just below him now.

Name: Electric Dive | Type: Electric | BA: 70 | AC: 100 | PP: 15 | Target: 1 | Nature: Physical
Effect: User dives with an electrical surge the first turn and attacks the second.

Nisower used Flamethrower on the Shoguin not submerged, and the stream of flames hit the opponent powerfully. So badly, the flames knocked the Pokémon back and fainting the Shoguin above the ground. The Shoguin below didn’t notice her partner was knocked out from the battle, and was still underground ready to attack Tiana’s Nisower.

Nisower’s Dandy Seed healed him by ¼ of his remaining HP.

“I don’t know which Pokémon is being targeted, but I better do something fast. Pwoof, use Focus Punch again, and Nisower, Flamethrower again!”

Pwoof is tightening his focus.

Shoguin rose from the ground after materializing another black hole where she would emerge, and struck the preparing Nisower directly from the bottom, ripping through some of his roots and completely knocking him back. Although this move was an electrical type like the others, it was powerful enough to even knock out a grass-type one, as the electrical waves traveled through Nisower’s bottom to the top in pain; Tiana’s Pokémon was knocked out from the attack, on the wall with static traveling over his body.

“Good job Nisower, you took out the other Shoguin at least. So unfortunate we had to take a critical hit move from an electrical attack. What a hax we just saw, right?”

“Now let’s hope this next Focus Punch can knock out Shoguin,” stated Judai.

BREAKCUT!
Higure Yamitaro | Numberman vs. Terry Jomon | Sparkman​

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
good chapter, as soon as i read the part about shoguin having wool, it made me laugh out loud! keep up the good work!

HarleyScarow

Emerald Shinigami
That wasn't really meant to be a joke, though. Maybe wool was the wrong word I used in its PokeDex description. Shoguin is more of a fusion between a Mareep and a Delibird, if you want to think about it that way. This can also explain why I decided to make it an Electric and an Ice type. Maybe you used some prior knowledge to guess that, right? Anyways, there's this other thread that I'm working on--one is based on poetry, and the other is a Monthly Pokemon Contest. Hopefully, some of my readers can enter those for fun if they ever get bored of this. Remember that fun is half of suffering.

HarleyScarow

Emerald Shinigami
BREAKCUT!
Higure Yamitaro | Numberman vs. Terry Jomon | Sparkman​

Shoguin sword was shattered in half as she flew all the way back and was slammed on the wall from the powerful focused punch, ending up as a critical hit like the aforementioned attack. The Pokémon emitted static electricity from their body, getting up and flying away before their condition could get any worse than it was now.

“Oops. Looks like we haxed those Pokémon also. ”
===========================================================

“Okay, now that those two are out of the way, we can get going again.” Garrett stated, walking inside. “Good job, there Tiana. We can stop this guy’s plan now.”

“Don’t go and act like you did anything, because my two friends were the ones doing so if you know that already. Thanks Nisower and Pwoof, you were the ones that did everything. Besides, I could’ve easily stabbed them with this spear in my hand.”

* * *​

Heading inside was the same thing as last time, except the entire stairway was covered in a blanket of darkness as they continued walking inside. Garrett, Valentine Rowan, and Aaron were leading the way, being the ones in the front, with Judai, Mana, Tiana, Dekao, and Shuuko as the ones behind. Higure and Shuuko were walking with each other; Higure was hugging Shuuko, scared of the darkness of the location, although both of them feared it at the same time. Opening a door, they made it into a room.

“Don’t you think there’s way too many people I’m hanging out with?” asked Judai. “I mean, there’s ten people including me in the small room, and that’s not a good thing.”

“The more people there are, the higher the chances of us remaining safe,” stated Aaron, looking around the room. “Or was it the other way around? I forgot which one.”

“And the more merrier!” added Mana. “I feel safe like this.”

“I rather you all die,” furthered Tiana. “Well at least some of you.”

“If we stick together in this dark room and not wander off, I can assure you we’ll remain safe,” stated Garrett. “Unless one of you is scared of the darkness in this room.”

Valentine made a spark of fire appear in her fingers. “I’ve been here before with Judai, Mana, and Tiana. If we don’t stick together, we could die from random shocks.”

Higure was shivering, still attaching himself to Shuuko. “I’m scared of the dark…”

Suddenly, with a flash and out of nowhere, the room lit up in a jiffy to contradict the previous darkness and burn the eyes of everyone in the room. However, this flash was not caused by lights turning on, but rather because two thunder needles of four certain beings clashed onto each other to conduct electricity, flashing a spark ball onto the entire room and lighting it up. The four beings were Sparkman, standing together in unison, as they were statues, their needles continuing to hold on to keep the room illuminated.

“What the hell’s happening?” screamed Dekao. “Why is it so bright?”

Tiana used a knife to shield her face from the light, holding it directly above her eyes and closing them at the same time. “Because you’re so stupid, it’s a trap!”

Higure jumped onto Shuuko’s arms this time, mostly because whenever they moved, the needle’s sparking caused more electricity to spill over, shaking and radiating. One of the statues were on each side of the room, and immobile mechanical Pokémon were seen on the edges of the space, glowing, but not attacking; they represented Mecha Pokémon, with one of them being a pack of three Raikou and another being Elekible. Shocking waves also emitted from them, hitting some of the members of the group in the room.

“AHHHHH!” screamed Judai, Mana, and Dekao. “What the hell!”

“Somebody help me--I’m dying!” screeched Higure, although the electrical rays didn’t even hit himself and Shuuko. “My rare chips are getting destroyed from this!”

“You care about your chips more than you care about yourself?” asked Tiana, not affected by the electrical sparks, but still bracing for herself like the others.

“Huh? I care for them much more than I care about myself.”

“Wow, you really are a loser.”

“Well guess what?” went a sudden familiar voice. “All of you are losers for even coming here in the first place, and I’m about to show you what I mean by shocking!”

Garrett stared around the room. “Is that you, Terry Jomon?”

He arrived in the room with a casual pose, leaning onto the walls. “The one and only, and let me give you a lesson on why my nickname is Terry Spark, shocking isn’t it?”

Judai held his fists. “You’re the one who tried to kill my dad!”

”Yet you still trust him with your PET,” added Garrett. “Nice one there.”

“I thought it was mandatory--remember what the email said?”

“It doesn’t matter what the email said, because I got my Navi Sparkman to write the entire thing anyways since I was too lazy. For now, if you want all of your folders to be unlocked, then you have to beat me in a battle, not a Pokémon Battle though.”
“But you gave us a crap folder!” Judai was comically yelling. “Cheater!”

“Judai, he’s the bad guy, it’s what he does,” pointed out Dekao. “I thought you’d know that of all people considering all the crap you talk about heroes and junk.”

“Fine, whatever, I’ll battle you. I still want to get my revenge after what you did to my dad a little while back, and It’s going down the way I want it to be, so too bad!”

“I have no idea what you just said, but whatever.”

Jomon whispered to a set of headphones. “Let them down!”

* * *​

High above of the Earth’s atmosphere was the usual sight of the planet in the peace it was. However, a silver and evil looking satellite had the mark of the Nebula on it, showing in an eerie matter, glowing with purple as it hovered. It was made of four wings propelling around the space there, slowly reflecting light off from where it came. Inside was a strange man completely wrapped in shadows, and the only detail shown on him was the hair dangling down his face, although the actual mug was covered in shadow. He was a well-fit man, and the uncovered parts of his pants were shown to be dark-red, almost unable to be seen. The creepy bad guy song of the Nebula was playing in the background as it passed, and four compartments of the ship began to open up, showing respective missiles ready to be unleashed into a certain direction.

“You better not be wasting my dimensional area generators, Terry Jomon.” the man pressed a button to the right of him, and it flashed red, along with the entire satellite.

The part of the satellite, which began opening up, had a mechanical female voice emitting from it, counting down. “Launching Dimensional Area Generators in…

Five…Four…Three…Two…One…”

Back in the Earth’s atmosphere, four beam like devices were heading towards the place where the three were, more specifically the entire mansion and the environment around there, but the three inside didn’t know anything about what was happening. The capsules were blue and white with a futuristic feel on them, because the data lines were coursing through the generators like energy moving around, and it was even as if living data was inside, being used like a battery. They emitted a strange sound from them similar to the satellite as they quickly homed in, causing the sonic wave of wind to rush through the machines like they were about to break even though they were protected. The capsule’s defense opened up a hundred meters above the electrical towers, and they were about to break the ground with a thrust, as each one of the generators…

First generator!

Second generator!

Third generator!

Fourth generator!

After all four of them activated with a glow, a Dimensional Area Generator formed around the entire mansion. Billy, Mettaur, and Spikey viruses materialized inside the already stuffed up room. The latest virus, Billy, was a yellow devilish creature carrying two needles much like Sparkman’s, clinging them together and able to generate electrical thunder balls traveling through the field. Their head was had an electrical Mohawk, and short legs supported their huge head as they caused waves to crash in the area.

“I still have that thing you gave me Garrett. Time to get our game on! Synchro Chip, slot in! Crossfusion!” after slotting in the chip, Judai went through a transformation. It began with his legs, as the black metal armor materialized onto the legs, folding his regular clothes together. His blazer folded as well; red and green armor materialized there, with an emblem of the four elements in the middle. His left hand was now gloved, and the silver hands were tough as steel. The right hand had the same effect as the opposite, except the head of a red dragon was added after that for a weapon. Behind him, technological wings appeared, and openly appeared, allowing a body pack to materialize as well. His face now had a helmet for the top part on, and it unleashed a blue visor down his eyes, allowing it to be transparent; followed by the rest of his face, protected by a red and black mouthguard at the end. A pose struck with flames and passion, showing the newfound armor in power, and a pattern of Synchro light struck out in green shine.

“Looks like you have a trick up your sleeve. Shocking, isn’t it?” Terry Jomon pushed his hands onto the ground, and materialized Sparkman into the real world with a surge.

Judai Yuki | Flame Wingman vs. Terry ‘Spark’ Jomon | Sparkman
R-Flame Wingman: 1000 HP | Sparkman: 700 HP

ROUND ONE

R-Flame Wingman: [Cannon *] [Air Shot *] [Vulcan *] [Mini Bomb *] [Sword *]
Terry Jomon: [Area Grab *] [Bamboo Lance *] [Sword *] [Wide Sword *] [Long Sword *]

“Looks like you’re able to pull off Crossfusion for a second time,” said Garrett. “If you’re able to pull it off last time and again, I must congratulate you on the good karma.”
“Too bad Judai has to contend with Jomon by using the crap folder,” stated Tiana. “If Terry wasn’t such a stupid cheater, maybe he’d get more girls for once.”

Program Advance: [Sword *] [Wide Sword *] [Long Sword *] = [Life Sword (400)]
Judai noticed something. “Did I just hear a Program Advance?”
“Of course you didn’t. Now destroy him Sparkman.”

“Yes sir. BUZZ…”

1. R-Flame Wingman used Cannon to hit the front-most enemy; Sparkman: 660 HP.
2. Sparkman used Area Grab, stealing R-Flame Wingman’s front column.
3. R-Flame Wingman used Air Shot, knocking Sparkman back; Sparkman: 640 HP.
4. Sparkman used Bamboo Lance, pulling R-Flame Wingman forward; R-Flame Wingman: 510 HP.
5. R-Flame Wingman used Vulcan, hit three times; Sparkman: 630 HP, 620 HP, and then 610 HP.
6. Sparkman used Life Sword, slashing Flame Wingman’s area; Flame Wingman: 110 HP.
7. R-Flame Wingman used Mini Bomb, hitting the panel Sparkman is on; Sparkman: 560 HP.
8. Sparkman attacked with Spark Lite; spark satellite object exploded in an X; Flame Wingman: 90 HP.
9. R-Flame Wingman attacked with Sword, slashing Sparkman’s panel; 480 HP.
10. Sparkman attacked with Spark Lite; spark satellite object exploded in an X; Flame Wingman: 70 HP.

ROUND TWO

“These chips are so useless,” complained Judai. “I’m better off just attacking.”

“Too bad, because you’re not about to get a chance to do so!”

R-Flame Wingman: NO CHIPS SELECTED.
Terry Jomon: [Invisible *] [Thunder Ball 2 S] [Area Grab *] [Sand Ring *] [Sparkman S]

1. R-Flame Wingman attacked with Flamethrower, flaming the entire row; Sparkman: 470 HP.
2. Sparkman used Invisible; Sparkman became invisible for four actions.
3. R-Flame Wingman attacked with Flame Wing, hitting the entire field; Sparkman: 470 HP.
4. Sparkman used Thunder Ball 2; R-Flame Wingman became paralyzed; R-Flame Wingman: 10 HP.
5. R-Flame Wingman is fully paralyzed and cannot attack.
6. Sparkman used Area Grab, stealing another row of R-Flame Wingman, locking him.
7. R-Flame Wingman attacked with Fire Bird, homing a flaming bird tracker; Sparkman: 410 HP.
8. Sparkman used Sand Ring, leaving R-Flame Wingman immobile with a pitfall trap below.
9. R-Flame Wingman attacked with Fire Bird, homing a flaming bird attacker; Sparkman: 350 HP.
10. Sparkman used Sparkman; Spark Wave traveled through field, blinded: R-Flame Wingman: 0 HP.

“Who in the world could win with this folder?!”

“Exactly, meaning I’ll cheap my way through everyone in this tournament.”

Tiana ran over to Judai with worry on her face. “Are you okay, Judai? That was such an

“Okay seriously, you’re not helping with the situation.”
“Looks like your friend got a little shocked from the situation.”

“Nobody defeats Judai or any members of his family except for me!” yelled Tiana, getting angry by the second as she grabbed out a PokéBall. “What the hell?!”

“What are you talking about?” asked Mana. “If I got a dime for every time Judai lost, I’d be rich already. Terry beat him once before from what Garrett told me, and he just lost here again. Back in Orre before we headed over to this region, Eldes beat him up, and I don’t want to talk about how many times a five year old like me defeated him before.”

Judai screamed, “Okay now you two are the ones who aren’t helping!”

“Back when the mall still existed, Gorigan beat Judai’s dad, Michael and let our plan work before the boss made us let him go because he wouldn’t answer,” added Terry, having a laugh from the counting. “Looks like you’re one big loser, Judai!”

“Wait, your entire family is a loser!” exclaimed Tiana. “Remember when I beat you a little while ago Mana? I also heard you tied with Cipher Diva Lovrina, and for all we know tying with her is as bad as a loss. Looks like you better get better soon!”

“Tell us what your plan really is and maybe we’ll let you off,” ordered Garrett. “Okay not really, but you better confess, because there’s ten people in this room right now.”

“What has this become? Power Rangers? This group must be really weak to be ganging up an army on one on me like that. Back off before I die from the draft in this room.”

“Actually, most of them can’t do anything in the first place,” added Aaron. “With the exception of me, Valentine Rowan, and Garrett Stuart if you get where I’m going at.”

Judai, Mana, Dekao, Tiana, Shuuko, Higure, “………………”

“I’ll tell you what the Nebula’s plan is,” announced Terry, grabbing out a microphone for dramatic comical relief. “We plan to use all of your Battlechips and convert them into dimensional area generators for our own use…and win the tournament of course.”

“If you want to use our Battlechips to supply energy to those dimensional area generators, then why didn’t you steal our chips instead of lock our folders?” questioned Aaron. “A really big mistake hole you made in the middle of your plan.”

“I guess I never really thought of that situation.

“Fine then, I’ll battle you in the honor of my super-special-awesome chips,” announced Higure. “If I win, then you release the locks on all of our folders, okay? Huh? But you have to promise you keep the rules this way and not break any promise.”
“Better idea--why don’t I just call the tournament officials and have this idiot get disqualified already?” suggested Aaron, grabbing out a cellphone and clicking random buttons on it. “Once he’s out of this thing, we can get going onto the next round and everyone will become happy again. This Terry Jomon guy is holding the match up.”
“Huh? What was that? I’ll battle him for my pride.”

Higure Yamitaro | Numberman vs. Terry ‘Spark’ Jomon | Sparkman
Numberman: 900 HP | Sparkman: 700 HP

ROUND ONE

Higure Yamitaro: [Sword *] [Wide Sword *] [Mini Bomb *] [Guard *] [Recover 10 *]
Terry Jomon: [Area Grab *] [Bamboo Lance *] [Sword *] [Wide Blade S] [Long Blade S]

Program Advance: [Sword *] [Wide Blade *] [Long Blade *] = [Life Sword 400]

“Huh? Did I just hear the sound of a program advance?”

“No, that was the sound of the girls wanting to go out with a nerd like you.”

“Hey, you’re a nerd too, you know that?”

“Numbers rule!” yelled Numberman. “But cheating isn’t.”

“This talking is gonna last longer than the battle! BUZZ…”

1. Sparkman used Area Grab, stealing Numberman’s front column.
2. Numberman used Sword, hitting Sparkman’s panel; Sparkman: 620 HP.
3. Sparkman used Bamboo Lance, dragging Numberman to the front; Numberman: 780 HP.
4. Numberman used Wide Sword, hitting Sparkman’s column; Sparkman: 540 HP.
5. Sparkman used Life Sword, hitting 2 x 3 area on Numberman’s side; Numberman: 380 HP.
6. Numberman used Mini Bomb, throwing a bomb onto Sparkman’s panel; Sparkman: 490 HP.
7. Sparkman attacked w/ Spark Lite, sending a satellite down to explode in an X; Numberman: 360 HP.
8. Numberman used Guard, protected from the next action with a guard.
9. Sparkman attacked with Spark Wave, sending a <^> wave across the field; Numberman’s guard shielded the attack and sent a shock wave back down the row to damage him; Sparkman: 450 HP.
10. Numberman used Recover 10, healing himself by 10 HP; Numberman: 370 HP.

ROUND TWO

“Calculation error--if I had used the folder Higure had before, I would have won the battle already, but you must be a sore loser and cheat. Error processing through system!”

“BUZZ… we’re not the ones who are cheating. If you had known better, you wouldn’t have trusted Terry Jomon and me in the first place. Don’t blame it on us…BUZZ…”

Higure Yamitaro: [Barrier *] [Crack Out *] [Sword *] [Barrier *] [Guard *]
Terry Jomon: [Invisible *] [Thunder Ball 2 S] [Sand Ring *] [Sparkman S] [Invisible *]

1. Numberman used Barrier, forming a 10 HP barrier around him.
2. Sparkman used Invisible, becoming invisible to attacks for four actions.
3. Numberman used Crack Out, breaking a panel in front of him.
4. Sparkman used Thunder Ball 2, but the Barrier protected Numberman and faded away.
5. Numberman used Sword, slicing Sparkman’s square; Sparkman: 370 HP.
6. Sparkman used Sand Ring, forming a pitfall trap below Numberman to prevent movement.
-Sparkman became visible again.
7. Numberman used Barrier, forming a 10 HP barrier around him.
8. Sparkman used Sparkman, sending a Spark Wave down; Barrier protected Numberman and faded.
9. Numberman used Guard *, protecting himself from the next action with a guard.
10. Sparkman used Invisible, becoming invisible to attacks for four actions.

“We’re both at even HP, according to the scoreboard’s calculations.”

”Let’s just see about that! BUZZ…it’s about to change! BUZZ…”

ROUND THREE

Higure Yamitaro: [Recover 10 *] [Recover 10 *] [Vulcan *] [Attack +10 *] [Air Shot *]
Terry Jomon: [Sand Ring *] [Area Grab *] [Sword *] [Wide Blade S] [Long Blade S]

Program Advance: [Sword *] [Wide Blade S] [Long Blade S] = [Life Sword 400]

1. Numberman used Recover 10, healing 10 HP; Numberman: 380 HP.
2. Sparkman used Sand Ring; Barrier stopped his attack.
3. Numberman used Recover 10, healing 10 HP; Numberman: 390 HP.
4. Sparkman used Area Grab, stealing another panel columns, leaving only three left.
5. Numberman used Vulcan 10 + 10 X 3; Sparkman: 350 HP, Sparkman: 330 HP, Sparkman: 310 HP.
6. Sparkman used Life Sword, hitting 2 X 3 area and destroying Barrier.
7. Numberman used Air Shot, knocking Sparkman back one panel; Sparkman: 290 HP.
8. Sparkman attacked with Spark Wave, <^> wave through the field; Numberman: 370 HP (blinded).
9. Numberman attacked with Dice Roll (30 x 6); Sparkman: 110 HP.
10. Sparkman attacked with Spark Wave, <^> wave through the field; Numberman: 350 HP (blinded).

ROUND FOUR

“BUZZ…you got my HP down too low…Terry…use another Program Advance…”

“Let’s not use any Battlechips this round and see where your luck goes!”

Higure Yamitaro: NO CHIPS SELECTED.
Terry Jomon: [Bamboo Lance *] [Thunder Ball S] [Sword *] [Wide Blade S] [Long Blade S]

Program Advance: [Sword *] [Wide Blade *] [Long Blade *] = [Life Sword 400]

“Huh? What was that again? Try something new for once!”
1. Sparkman used Bamboo Lance; Numberman: 220 HP.
2. Numberman attacked with Dice Bomb (30 x 3); Sparkman: 20 HP.
3. Sparkman used Thunder Ball 2, paralyzing Numberman; Numberman: 160 HP.
4. Numberman is paralyzed and cannot attack.
5. Sparkman used Life Sword; Numberman: 0 HP

“Huh? What happened? I guess our luck ran out…”

“I didn’t calculate this…you must have changed the number input…”

The dimensional area disappeared.

“This means your folder won’t be changing anytime soon, now will it?”

“Good news everyone!” announced Valentine Rowan. “While Higure Yamitaro was busy stalling for more time, Garrett and Aaron hacked into the system and broke the lock.”

“You’re kidding me, right? I turn my back for one second, and this happens?”

“Yep. Too bad you were so focused on the battle you forgot about us.”

“Let’s head on out of here Sparkman, and show them true terror at the match.”

“BUZZ…let’s head there and give them a shock!”

Judai walked over to Higure Yamitaro with a smile on his face. “Are you ready for your match against Terry ‘Spark’ Jomon? Good luck during your battle, okay?”

Shuuko gave Higure a gentle hug. “You’ve shown me there’s someone else in the world with worse luck than I have, and I must say it feels really good to know.”

Higure sweatdropped. “Huh? Where are you going with this?”

Shuuko giggled. “Bad luck!”

“Wait, that’s not what you’re supposed to tell me!”

“Since I’m made of completely bad luck, telling you bad luck means good luck, and saying good luck means bad luck, so bad luck to you Higure on the match!”
“Huh? Whatever you say…”

* * *​

After arriving at the Den Dome in their seats, Judai, Mana, Tiana, Valentine, Garrett, and Aaron were in the stadium spectator seats. Dekao and Shuuko were at the bottom of the battler’s stage, waiting for Higure and waiting for him while he approached the stage.

“This will be the second match of the quarterfinals, deciding who the second person will be advancing to the semifinals to battle Judai for a shot at the town’s trophy. Let’s make the second match a good one as I introduce the town’s Battlechip expert…Higure! He hails from Akihara, and don’t underestimate his super-special-awesome battlechips!”

Higure approached the stage with his arms limping down, and the entire crowd cheered massively as he got onto the center. “Huh? What’s with all of this commotion?”

“Bad luck Higure! Beat that cheater and show him whose boss!”

Dekao also shouted approval words, “Show them who the real Netbattler is!”

“The second person in this match will be Terry ‘Spark’ Jomon, the one who cheated all of you about your battlechips and should be disqualified, but we’re too lazy to do so and just want the next match to continue on. He is a robotics mechanic and hails from Elec Town, with an electrifying personality and is Nebula Mechanic Terry ‘Spark’ Jomon!”

Terry Jomon approached the stage with his hands in his pocket, casually making his way to the stage while ignoring the crowd. “I’ll beat your folder down either way, geek.”

“BOO!!!” the crowded yelled loudly.

“What’s with all of this booing?” wondered Jillian. “Oh yeah, I forgot that Terry tried to cheat his way through the tournament by giving everyone a crappy folder and we were too lazy to call the officials and arrest him for doing so. Nice job there Jillian.”

Garrett, Valentine, and Aaron sweatdropped when they heard those words.

Garrett, sweatdropping, “Actually, we are the officials.”

Valentine, moping, “I guess we should start doing our jobs, right?”

Aaron was the only one with a confident look. “Truly, wouldn’t that be boring? We didn’t arrest him because we already unlocked the locked folders, remember?”

“Yeah, but what if he does it again?” inquired Tiana. “We can’t trust him.”

“Okay seriously,” started Aaron, “we’ll arrest him after the battle. I just want some popcorn and to enjoy a nice battle without anymore disaster in this tournament.”

“BUZZ…I’m ready Terry Jomon…BUZZ…”

“Calculating enemy statistics: Sparkman - 700 HP, Electric, Darkloid.”

Jillian got ready to announce. “I have a new catch phrase now, and it’s not the same one my sister from Kanto, Lillian uses! READY, STEADY, READY, STEADY… ”

The crowd continued for her, yelling with the same word, “GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

Higure Yamitaro | Numberman vs. Terry ‘Spark’ Jomon | Sparkman

Numberman: 900 HP | Sparkman: 700 HP

ROUND ONE

Higure Yamitaro: [Area Grab *] [Double Point *] [Numberman V3 N] [Navi +20 *] [Attack +20 *]
Terry Jomon: [Invisible *] [Thunder Ball 2 S] [Bamboo Lance *] [Area Grab *] [Signal Red S]

1. Numberman used Area Grab, stealing Sparkman’s front row.
2. Sparkman used Invisible, becoming immune to attacks for four actions.
3. Numberman used Double Point, giving back those panels stolen for +60 power on next chip.
4. Sparkman used Thunder Ball 2 S, paralyzing the foe; Numberman: 840 HP.
5. Numberman is paralyzed and cannot attack.
6. Sparkman used Bamboo Lance, dragging Numberman down one column; Numberman: 710 HP.
-Sparkman is no longer invisible.
7. Numberman used Numberman V3 (30 + 60 + 20 + 20) 4 = 520.
-Sparkman teleported from the field by using Invisible Flash, not receiving any damage!
8. Sparkman used Area Grab, stealing Numberman’s front row.
9. Numberman attacked with Time Bomb, counting down for three actions.
10. Sparkman used Signal Red, only allowing Numberman to use chips when the traffic light is green.

ROUND TWO

Higure Yamitaro: [Numberman V3 N] [Attack +20 *] [Navi +20 *] [Attack +20 *] [Navi +40 *]
Terry Jomon: [Sand Ring *] [Invisible *] [Sword *] [Wide Blade S] [Long Blade S]

Program Advance: [Sword *] [Wide Blade S] [Long Blade S] = [Life Sword 400]
1. Numberman used Numberman V3 (30 + 20 +20 + 20 +20) 3 = 330 (Sparkman: 370 HP).
-Time Bomb activated, hitting everything on the field; Sparkman: 320 HP.
2. Sparkman used Sand Ring, forming a pitfall trap under Numberman to prevent movement.
3. Numberman attacked with Number Ball (DMG = User’s last two digits X3) Sparkman: 340 HP.
4. Sparkman used Invisible, becoming immune to attacks for four actions.
5. Numberman attacked with Number Ball (DMG = User’s last two digits X3); Sparkman is invisible.
6. Sparkman used Life Sword, slashing a 2 X 3 area on Numberman’s field; Numberman: 310 HP.
7. Numberman attacked with Number Ball (DMG = User’s last two digits X3); Sparkman is invisible.
8. Sparkman attacked with DS Spark Mode; Numberman DS (an evil version of Numberman) appeared and used Dice Bomb against his counterpart 30 x 2 = 60 (Numberman: 250 HP).
-Sparkman is no longer invisible.
9. Numberman attacked with Set-Squarang, sending a boomerang through the field.
-Sparkman teleported from the field by using Invisible Flash, not receiving any damage.
10. Sparkman attacked with DS Spark Mode; Numberman DS appeared and used Dice Bomb against his counterpart 30 x 3 = 90 (Numberman: 160 HP)

ROUND THREE

Higure Yamitaro: [Area Grab *] [Neo Variable N] [Invisible *] [Number Ball *] [Navi +20 *]
Terry Jomon: [Thunder Ball 2 S] [Area Grab *] [Sword *] [Wide Blade S] [Long Blade S]

1. Numberman used Area Grab, stealing Sparkman’s front row.
2. Sparkman used Thunder Ball 2, paralyzing Numberman: Numberman: 100 HP.
3. Numberman is paralyzed and cannot attack.
4. Sparkman used Area Grab, stealing back the row Numberman took.
5. Numberman used Neo Variable Sword; Life Sword range!
-Sparkman teleported from the field by using Invisible Flash, not receiving any damage.
6. Sparkman used Life Sword, but Numberman is in the back row and it missed.
7. Numberman used Invisible, becoming immune to attacks for four actions.
8. Sparkman attacked with Spark Wave, sending <^> through the field; Numberman is invisible.
9. Numberman used Number Ball 0 + 20, but Signal Red prevented it from activating.
10. Sparkman attacked with Spark Wave, sending <^> through the field; Numberman is invisible.

ROUND FOUR

Higure Yamitaro: [Numberman V3 N] [Invisible *] [Numberman N] [Attack +30 *] [Attack +20]
Terry Jomon: [Sand Ring *] [Thunder Ball 2 S] [Sword *] [Wide Blade S] [Long Blade S]

1. Numberman used Numberman V3 30 x 6 = 180 (Sparkman: 160 HP).
2. Sparkman used Sand Ring, preventing Numberman from moving by opening a pitfall trap.
3. Numberman used Invisible, becoming immune to damage for four actions.
4. Sparkman used Thunder Ball 2; Numberman is invisible.
5. Numberman used Numberman 30 + 30 + 20, but Signal Red prevented it from activating.
6. Sparkman used Life Sword; Numberman is invisible.
7. Numberman attacked with Set-Squarang; sending a boomerang throughout the field.
8. Sparkman attacked with DS Spark Mode; Numberman DS appeared and used Dice Bomb against his counterpart 30 x 3 = 90 (Numberman: 10 HP)
9. Numberman attacked with Dice Bomb 30 x 6 = 180 (Sparkman: 0 HP).

“BUZZ…sorry Terry Jomon…BUZZ…I lost…”

“What the hell? How could you beat my obvious Life Sword strategy?”

“The winner of the second match of the quarterfinals is Higure Yamitaro and his Navi, Numberman. Now we can kick Terry Jomon and Sparkman’s cheating behind out!”

Judai jumped onto the stage athletically. “Looks like I’ll be facing you in the semifinals.”

Shuuko ran over to Higure, giving him a hug. “I told you saying bad luck would make your last dice rolls some good ones, even though a six was kind of overkill.”

“Thanks, huh. I guess I do have good luck. I’m looking forward for tomorrow!”

* * *​

Hikari Todoku Basho De

Wasurenai yo Kyou mo Ashita mo Hikari todoku Bashou no Naka
Don't forget, today and tomorrow, while in the place filled with light

Shiranakatta koto o Ima Hitotsu Hitotsu Oboeteyukou yo
The things we didn't know are what we're remembering now, one-by-one

Isshonara sou
Since we're together

Mita koto no Nai Basho Kiri Hiraiteyuku
It's becoming clear to us in places we haven't seen before

Chisana Bouken mitai
I want to see us take small risks

Hora, Soko Ni mo Yume ga Ochiteru
Look, there are dreams that are falling

Kimi no Tonari ni
With you beside me

Niji no Mukou ni
We'll go beyond the rainbow
Wasurenai yo Kyou mo Ashita mo Hikari todoku Bashou de
Don't forget, today and tomorrow, in the place filled with light

Itsudemo mata Soba Ni iru kara
Forever and ever, we'll always be together

Kokoro ga Tsuyokunareru yo
And our hearts will grow stronger

* * *​

Today’s super evil Pokémon who attacked the EMO Tiana today is…Shoguin!

Name: Shoguin | Owner: Terry Spark
Classification: Electric Penguin
Type: Ice/Electric
Description:

Height: 2'11''
Weight: 70.6 lbs
Gender Ratio: 50% Male, 50% Female
Color: Regular - Yellow | Shiny - Blue

PokéDex Data: Shoguin, the Electric Penguin; Type is Ice/Electric; They shock themselves for training, somehow summoning electric hail onto the field to strike everything on it. Because the North Pole and the South Pole doesn't have as much electricity as other areas in the world, explorers usually have a Shoguin with them as a partner to supply the conduction whenever they need it. In addition to that, if the static they emit gets rough enough, it can even generate warmth around the area by mixing the sparks with the natural wool it has to keep warm. This is ironic considering it hates the heat, but can somehow survive it due to the freezing electricity sparking out of the ground to generate heat energy. This is a great ice-type partner to have venturing into places with electricity or cold, considering they can shield partners from both of those elements.

Special Ability 1: Fire Shock Generator - If the last move this Pokémon used was an Electric-type move, and the one it's using this round is a Fire-type move, the damaged is tripled, then reset for the next round.
Special Ability 2: Heat Wool - Fire-type moves don't work on this Pokémon.

Habitat: Polar
Wild Item: Nevermeltice
Evolution Chain: N/A
Availability: Common
Catch Rate: 45

Base Tameness: 70
Growth Group: Fast
Egg Group: Water 1/Ground
Egg Steps: 5,120

Base Stats: 85 HP | 55 ATK | 45 DEF | 65 SPATK | 85 SPDEF | 95 SPD | 430 TOTAL
Effort Points: +2 SPD
Level Moves: Spark, Charge, Ember, Icy Wind, Focus Punch, Water Pulse, Hail, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Protect, Double Team, Fog Clear
Shadow Chamber: Shadow Chill, Shadow Bolt
Egg Moves: Aurora Beam, Quick Attack, Future Sight, Rapid Spin, Ice Ball, Ice Pebble

Name: Ice Bolt | Type: Ice | BA: 90 | AC: 100 | PP: 10 | Target: 1 | Nature: Special
Effect: This move's type is considered Electric along with Ice.

Name: Fire Freeze | Type: Fire | BA: --- | AC: 100 | PP: 15 | Target: 1 | Nature: Other
Effect: All Fire-types and Pokémon that have fire moves are FRZ.

Name: Thunder Tidal | Type: Electric | BA: 90 | AC: 100 | PP: 15 | Target: 2 | Nature: Special
Effect: Electric-type Surf.

Name: Electric Dive | Type: Electric | BA: 70 | AC: 100 | PP: 15 | Target: 1 | Nature: Physical
Effect: User dives the first turn and attacks the second.

* * *​

Next time, on Pokémon XD: The Shadow Nebula…[Episode 24: Battle of the Old Guys!]

“The next match will be Kenichi Hino Match and Fireman vs. Tensuke Takuni and Topman! It looks like both of these people are very old and very stinky!”

“Who are you calling old and stinky, lad?” exclaimed Mr. Match. “You ain’t so young yourself so hush it before I really turn on the heat and burn you over there!”

“For your information, as one of the higher standard members of Nebula, I’m proud to be old and wise,” smirked Tensuke. “Battle Topman and you’ll get toppled.”
Mr. Match and Tensuke were in the middle of the town with their Pokémon released, sending destruction all over the city. Mr. Match had Charizard, Typhlosion, Blaziken, Goukazaru outside shooting the streets with fire - Charizard was flying overhead spitting flames all over the cars he saw; Typhlosion dug into the ground and shot fire down there, destroying many of the wires in the city; Blaziken was on top of the building and leaped down with a leg of fire, breaking down the street; Goukazaru materialized flames using kinesis by meditating and made them burn on the citizens. Tensuke’s Shadow Claydol and Shadow Cradily were shooting out random shadow attacks throughout the city; Claydol focused its hands into a shadow beam and shot it directly at a car, moving its hands slowly to demolish it; Cradily spat out shadow acid onto the streets to melt them.

“Is it just me, or is Elec Town getting attacked a lot?” pondered Aaron with a hot dog. “I can just go on a limb and say this town’s getting attacked way too much.”

Helpful Critic

Chosen One....
I feel like doing reviews more often now. Which is easier to do when you make more mistakes :) . Boy, doesn't that sound wierd? It is stated in the fanfic, but the officials are getting a little too lazy. I mean, If police didn't do there jobs, the crime level would be higher. If fireman didn't put out fires, there would be many more deaths. But of course, sometimes laziness, seems crucial to the story(especially and normally to the author), because you want to tone down other characters to put the main character into the lime light.

“Don’t go and act like you did anything, because my two friends were the ones doing so if you know that already. Thanks Nisower and Pwoof, you were the ones that did everything. Besides, I could’ve easily stabbed them with this spear in my hand.”

The paragraph is a bit awkward. Because Tiana repeats the same thing twice while she is talking, even thought she istalking to diffent people. I would suggest something like: “Don’t go and act like you did anything, because my two friends were the ones doing so if you know that already. Thanks Nisower and Pwoof for your help."

“Fine, whatever, I’ll battle you. I still want to get my revenge after what you did to my dad [a little while back](don't need), and It’s going down the way I want it to be, so too bad!”

Nothing is really wrong, its just thing get repetitive, especially when you use "a little while back" or anything like that. i would say howfully your readers have read all the chapters, and will actually remeber what happens in the fanfic.

I was once told "Give the reader's some credit, people have memory." That is all I am saying(or a little less, the guy was a bit harsh).

Last edited:

HarleyScarow

Emerald Shinigami
Yay, I love it when people give my critique. About the way I make it so that Tiana talks, I actually do it on purpose. Because most of these characters are based on inspiration from real live classmates I have, it's only natural I copy the way they talk. In my class, whenever Tiana, me, or Jason talks, we do it really slowly so we can waste some of the classtime as much as we can. Regarding the laziness of the officials, I've decided to add a little humor like the way The Great Butler likes to be some sarcastic whenever he's writing. But you are right--there will definitely be more deaths later.

HarleyScarow

Emerald Shinigami
Episode 24: Battle of the Old Guys!
[Terry Jomon | Sparkman vs. Higure Yamitaro | Numberman]

The first picture was an image of a boy with fuzzy hair wearing red glasses extending through his face, which had a dark looking image as he looked down on everyone. He wore a big blue and purple cap wrapping most of his head, but still not enough to cover his bushy hair in the back. His shirt was technologically black, with electrical waves flowing through them; on the arms were surges ending at the sleeves with a white shock, while the emblem was a huge static circle. White pants filled with gears and other machinery parts contributed to his appearance, with the PET case on the left side of him, as he put his brown-gloved hands inside of them. His right leg was kicking over to the wall, showing a pose. The picture next to him was a certain Navi very familiar to the other people, as he stood there with his spears clashing onto each other…
The other picture has a nerdy guy who wore glasses as well, although they were the most schoolboy-like kind you could ever think of, on his beetle like face as he looked up ready to bite something. His hair was brown and extremely messy, uncovered unlike his opponent. Leading to the next was a tucked-in white collared shirt with the buttons covered by a red tie with a patch in the middle to attach. Holding in his hand was a brown book with no use whatsoever, as it didn’t have a title. His pants were dark blue and the nerdiest kind you could ever see, with the only thing looking released were his worn white socks in brown sandals. The Navi next to him had a disco ball for a head, and was as technological as his operator. His hands merely having three fingers each; the right arm was on his hips, while the left was on his head; with the rest of his body looking like a mathematician, except devoid of the cape. The Navi’s body was mostly green, counting the torso, hands, and legs. A real nerdy dancer was the right thing to think as a mugshot.
Aaron calmly walked over to Higure, and forcefully grabbed the PET out of the geek’s hand, looking at the screen. “I told you I was right about the maintenance check being rigged, and I’m about to tell you why. Come and take a look at this…”
Judai, Tiana, and Dekao took a look at their PETs in shock as their eyes burned at the sight of disgust. “How did our awesome chips turn into nothing but pieces of--”
After all four of them activated with a glow, a Dimensional Area Generator formed around the entire mansion. Billy, Mettaur, and Spikey viruses materialized inside the already stuffed up room. The latest virus, Billy, was a yellow devilish creature carrying two needles much like Sparkman’s, clinging them together and able to generate electrical thunder balls traveling through the field. Their head was had an electrical Mohawk, and short legs supported their huge head as they caused waves to crash in the area.
Jillian got ready to announce. “I have a new catch phrase now, and it’s not the same one my sister from Kanto, Lillian uses! READY, STEADY, READY, STEADY… ”

The crowd continued for her, yelling with the same word, “GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”
“The winner of the second match of the quarterfinals is Higure Yamitaro and his Navi, Numberman. Now we can kick Terry Jomon and Sparkman’s cheating behind out!”

Judai jumped onto the stage athletically. “Looks like I’ll be facing you in the semifinals.”

Shuuko ran over to Higure, giving him a hug. “I told you saying bad luck would make your last dice rolls some good ones, even though a six was kind of overkill.”

* * *​

Futatsu no Mirai

Hajimari o Tsugeru Kane no Koe
At the beginning, the bell echoes to let you know

Toki ga Kawari
That it's just a matter of change

Kinou Uchikeshi Narihibiku yo
From a terrible yesterday

Daijoubu Kimi ga koko ni ireba
It’s all right, since you're here next to me

Hitori janai Sore ga Yuuki Okosaseru
I'm not alone, and that's what'll awaken my courage

Fukigenna Sora Mabushii hodo
This sullen sky dazzles so

Terashi Daseru Taiyou ni nareru
It's so bright that I feel as if it's the sun

Kimi to Wakachiau Kibou to Yorokobi
I'll share this with you, the joy of my hopes

Kurosu suru Sono Tabifukamaru Kizuna
This cross holds the deepness of our bond

Mirai to Genzai Pazuru o Awasete
The future and the present join together with this puzzle

Kokoro Tsunagaru Bokura no Yume
Our hearts are connected for our dream
Akashi ni naru
I'll become the proof

* * *​

The third day of the Den Battle tournament begins… (Currently 6:00 AM)

Judai and Mana were still sleeping in their bunk bed, with the brother on the bottom and Mana on the top with her Chansey out; in Tiana’s room she was busy listening to punk music all morning long; Dekao was busy eating a plethora of junk food down at the inn’s restaurant; Garrett and Valentine Rowan were cutely sitting outside together on a bench swing, gently moving the seat; Aaron was somehow on the top of the Den Dome, sleeping his way up there; Shuuko and Higure celebrated their lately good luck.

Four hours later…

Tiana walked down the inn’s hallway, still listening to music. “Half of the quarterfinals have been completed, leaving only four of us left- me, Dekao, and two old guys. I don’t have to worry about anybody--just an old dude, a bloated fire head, and a fat piece of--”

Dekao walked down the hallways, still having a hot dog in his hand. “Hey Tiana. You know when we learn who faces each other today, we’ll automatically know what the remaining match is, right? Good luck, and make sure to eat lots of hot dogs.”

“What the hell does that have to do with anything?”

“It means you should prepare when you find out who you’re battling tomorrow.”

“I have a one-turn-kill strategy that amounts up to more than a literal 5000 damage--no need for preparing there. I can’t wait until I enter another tournament, especially a Pokémon Contest. I rather enter those than beat the crap out of some stupid human.”

“Okay…awkward…”

Judai approached from out of his room, all refreshed. “A good day for another good battle! Get your game on people, because I want another Pokémon Battle!”

Mana yawned, stretching out alongside Judai. “Since there’s only four people left in the tournament, you’ll be able to find out if your match is today or tomorrow. If you’re not in today’s match, then you’ll already know who you’re facing tomorrow, so you’re lucky.”

“How does a five year old like you know so much about common sense?” smirked Tiana, giggling while talking. “How does a fat *** like Dekao know about it anyways?”

Mana’s face became red comically, filling up with pressure. “Hey, just because I’m a five year old in eighth grade doesn’t mean I don’t know things. Shut up, you [BLEEP].”
“Such big words coming from a small-little-fried-shrimp there,” insulted Dekao. “Mana-Yuki-senpai is what people should start calling you instead, little girl.”

Judai slid over to Dekao and Mana. “Nobody’s a little senpai, so stop yelling at another!”

“Anyways, we should head over to the tournament matchups area to find out who will be up against each other,” suggested Tiana. “I hope I’m up against Dekao.”

Dekao smirked. “I’m too big for you, little girl. You can’t stand up against me.”

“Most of yourself is nothing but fat. Haven’t you heard that small people like me and Mana can get away with a lot of attacks without getting hit in the first place?”

“Let’s just head over there already…”

* * *​

Heading over to the Den Dome area was Judai, with Tiana, Dekao, and Mana arguing with each other along the way. Arriving there was Higure hanging out with Shuuko, standing next to each other and looking up at the screen. Garrett, Valentine, and Aaron were standing in the same corner, waiting for the next match to be announced. The room was filled with people, eager to see the next match. Judai was busy separating the three he was with from fighting, having his hands tied at the moment to be focused otherwise.

Jillian approached from the stairway, carrying a microphone in her hand. “As we all know, the second-to-last match of the quarterfinals are about to begin, and the remaining contestants are Tensuke Takumi, Kenichi Hino Match, Tiana Alphonse, and Dekao Oyama. Good luck to seeing whom you will battle, because this next random number generator generation will decide the results of both matches. Be cool, people! Always trust the Google random number generator with your life…always…”

Garrett sweatdropped. “Two words--freaky…”

“That was one,” corrected Valentine Rowan. “I think she has a crush on you…”

Aaron flew comically across the area. “Ooh…there’s some romance in the air.”

Taking an icy sword out, Garrett slashed it across Aaron. “Sorry, that was just I smelling you thinking I have a crush on her. Got what you deserved there, and don’t say it.”

“Activating the Google random number generator! I’m betting some numbers here to test my luck for when I win at the lottery, even though the chances are much lower!”

[BING][BING][BING][BING]

[BING][BING][BING][BING]
[Tensuke Takumi | Topman vs. Kenichi Hino Match | Fireman]

Judai, Mana, Tiana and Dekao were on splitscreen. “Oh!”

The Navi next to him was also a technological version of him, except with a smile on his mouth, which had a blower in it spitting out purple gas as he held the pipe with his left hand and carried a red cane with his blue fingers. Topman’s head was an actual top, looking as if the brain area could fall off and spin to the ground at any second, and where ears are on humans was the identical symbol of a black and white top. His neck was geared, able to spin his head at anytime as it led to a blue, yellow, and red torso. Wearing identical slippers as his owner, his feet stuck out casually. Generally speaking, Topman was more gentle looking than his operator, even if there was purple smoke coming out from the tip of the top and the pipe, baring delight on his face as his left eye winked towards the crowd. An overage Navi for an overage partner in short words.

The Navi next to him was literally a human torch, having a flame on the top of his heated up head blowing like a real machinery torch, only having eyes with the fiery symbol where the mouth should be instead; a tan bar separated the head from the torso. Shoulder blades were actually square, like some sort of machine cubes leading to fired up arms shooting out flames on both sides, with the flamethrower being silver and blue stripes on them. His red defensive attire looked much similar to a fireman, with the irony of shooting flames out of his hands instead of water in exact formation, leading down to huge silver boots ending with a blue sole only a firefighter would wear. Separating his legs out as if the picture was ready to attack, he stood unleashing flames at his partner, holding out his old hands manically, loving the flames being unleashed by Fireman.

“The next match will be Kenichi Hino Match and Fireman vs. Tensuke Takuni and Topman! It looks like both of these people are very old and very stinky! Who would’ve known the tournament let adults enter a child’s tournament? They really need to worry, but looking like the stereotypical old people they are, the next match for the winner of the match after this should be relatively easy. Let’s see!”

“Looks like I’ll be facing you Tiana, after this. Good luck and get ready.”

“I’ll show you the true power of a short person and how it’s quality over quantity.”

[Dekao Oyama | Gutsman vs. Tiana Alphonse | Gale]

“That was kinda obvious,” smirked Dekao. “Nobody needed to put that up.”

“What the hell? I’m facing fatty this round?”

“Correction: you’re facing me tomorrow. Better get ready before then.”

“Those two people battling today sure look evil,” stated Aaron with his finger on his chin, suspicious at their mugshot. “I’m sure they have a lot of bad karma inside, especially considering they’re old people. I need to be more mature, right?”

”This never occurred to me, but doesn’t Terry Jomon look a lot like Hyouta of Kurogane City in the Shinou region?” wondered Mana. “They both have this geeky and smexy feeling around them; it’s like they’re the same, except for different colors.”

“You’re too young to be saying words like smexy,” explained Judai. “Only a teenager person like me can say smexy and other mean things like geeky, remember that.”

* * *​

From Tensuke Takumi’s side…

Tensuke Takumi was an image of a grumpy old man with exceedingly old and gray hair surrounding in fluffiness, wearing a black cap with red edge above it with the shape of an actual top. He wore a jacket with many shades of brown, with the back being tan and baring the symbol of a white top in the middle of a black background, standing out as it showed him looking from behind while sitting on a coffee-colored bench in old fashion of the age he actually was; fluffiness covered his arms when they tied back. In his left hand he carried a brown, black, and crimson top tightly with his hands, looking like it was moving a little. Wearing black shorts with polka dots on it, they extended to his brown slippers, which had many other tops lying below it. What an old person he was, sitting there in the shadows looking at his PET with a smirk on his old face.

“Terry ‘Spark’ Jomon and his stupid long plans have failed once again, meaning I now have to leave the rampaging panic to you and your annoying Shadow Pokémon,” said a mysterious man. “If you fail, you’ll end up in the retirement home again. I busted you and your senile friends out of there, and I can easily put you back in the home.”

“Erg! This ain’t fair you having an old man like me use them Pokémon of the devil and don’t yer put me in them retirement homes-- it like hell’s creatures down there!”

“This is the last time I hire a hick to attack the city. They always complain over the job, no matter how easy it can be, and then nothing gets done in the end at all.”

“Who you calling a damn hick? You better get down and pray if you want to amend your sins. You like them devil dog Houndoom, picking on old peoples like me I’d reckon’.”
“So did you get the plan down old man, or do I have to reiterate myself to your annoying old mind. I ought to fire Terry Jomon, but I’m moreover temperate to hurt a modest kid.”

“What in god’s world did you just say with dem high vocabulary words?”

“Nothing your old mind can ever understand. Great, now you made me look like I’m one of the minor characters in this story--at least nobody knows who I am so far.”

“I’ll do you fancy terrorizing, but only because I want my pay!”
“You hicks are so materialistic…whatever…you’ll get your Shadow Pokémon.”

“Them things are evil, and I as a hick ain’t serving up the right meal there!”

* * *​

*RING! RING! RING! *

To: Valentine Rowan
Subject: I’m not busy anymore.

Dear Valentine Rowan,

I’ve been touring around Zuki for a long time, winning the many contests just like the way you always do. I’ve been wondering how is it over at Tech since I’ve left, considering we used to always play there when we were little. Harley Scarow Totemo was caught trying to take over the world there a few months ago and managed to get away, sneaking over to the Tech region in case you didn’t know yet. It’s kind of ironic how we’ve been friends in high school, and I’d always read his extremely sadistic poems day by day, but I never knew he’d make them into a reality like this. His organization happens to be his middle name, Scarow, and if you see him and can deal with Harley in a Pokémon Contest, he may tell you some important information. Also, he teamed up with Team Rocket to make a huge addition, damaging certain parts of Shinou and Kanto too.

Anyways, after learning those lessons you taught me earlier back when we were traveling in Zuki, I have managed to gain a ribbon cup at the Grand Festival eventually. Thank you for teaching me how to be a great coordinator. Now that I have the knowledge of Harley being an evil corrupt person, I know whom I can trust. I’ll head over to Tech eventually, and join up with the rest of the gang, considering I left them for quite a while and want to surprise you. Also, I have a couple of Harley Scarow’s poems if you want to read them.

Having fun,
Monique

P.S. How well are you doing in your Pokémon Contests? After winning a Grand Festival already, I’m curious how you and your friends are doing as well. Garrett and Aaron are great coordinators, and I’m betting you’re up to their level as well, am I right?

“Why would I want to read Harley Scarow’s poems? He’s so corrupted! Then again, a lot of the people I know deep down inside are deadly corrupted. My sister’s crazy.”

“That’s what made him one of the more-known poets in the world,” added Garrett. “I know he has a bad reputation, but that’s good enough to balance him out.”
“Monique, one of my old friends from school is and she’s coming over soon. She said she’ll be here by the end of the day--you’ll love her--she’s a great poet. This might sound like a stereotype, but Pokémon Coordinators usually end up being great poets. Good sis.”

“I’m always interested in hearing poems,” stated Aaron. “If there’s ever one you want me to critique, come over to me and you can bet I’ll be on the job right away.”

* * *​

Tensuke walked over to his opponent, Kenichi Hino Match.

Kenichi Hino Match was a man with red hair and a red goatee, having a sinister smirk on his face, as his eyes were completely ominous with a red speck in the middle of them, staring out evilly. Having long hair stretching down all the way to the recede, it ran straight down his back and was tied halfway. He wore a crimson sweater with the symbol of burning flame on the left of his shirt, and it was rather the kind of sweater you could unzip down the middle if you wanted, his hood down looking casually until a small blue triangle in the middle of his chest. Kenichi put his hands in his gray pockets on peach-colored pants baring fiery patterns on them unlike the regular kind and a silver-yellow belt, leaning back in his mugshot a minute with his feet openness onto the wall. Brown shoes pushed onto the wall with a while sole and fire pattern on the bottom.

“You look a pynt person who seems to be my opponent for the upcoming match, ay?”

“Yes I am, you worker of the devil with your evil goatee and such. I am here to do terror like the wannabe bad guy the mysterious man wants me to be. Help me, old timer.”

“Who are you calling old and stinky, lad?” exclaimed Mr. Match. “You ain’t so young yourself so hush it before I really turn on the heat and burn you over there!”

“For your information, as one of the higher standard members of Nebula, I’m proud to be old and wise,” smirked Tensuke. “Battle Topman and you’ll get toppled.”

“You ain’t got bolk right to be talking like that to my ledder. Rose I get my hands over on your ugly mug, get out of here or the place will burn down all the way.”

“That ain’t what the lord say, person. Defeat the town and see the light already!”

“Sure lad! I am not the deil, but I do like to see the deid. Me usually evite the enemy before the match, but if for a cause of evil, I’m there to make sure it be carry out nicely.”

“Speak of the devil, shall we attack Elec Town first?”

“Ay, if ye say so, let it be. Burn, baby, burn!”

“What’s in the devil’s wrong with your speech? It sounds like the hell’s spouting!”
“And what the hell’s wrong with yours?”

“Touché. Why in the world are us enemies working together?”

“Because the world’s about to be set on fire, baby!”

“I’ll divide my pay after this thing later. May the lord have mercy on you.”

* * *​

“Since you have an entire day before the match between Tiana and Dekao, why don’t you two prepare ahead of time?” suggested Valentine Rowan. “I’ve never seen Dekao do anything worthwhile so far. Let’s see what you’re worth with a Pokémon Battle now.”

Tiana, voiceover, Actually, I should battle you instead. “Why don’t I take a stab at you in a battle?” I’ve wanted to kill this ßitch for a long time already. “I’ll go and try a shot at you, just to prepare for Dekao’s grave tomorrow. We have a deal here?”

“Sure. I was about to do an appeal because that’s my forte, but whatever.”

Official Coordinator Valentine Rowan vs. Tiana Alphonse
[Tiana walked up from the field of dandelions, all of a sudden looking more serious than usual. She jumped high in the air and made patterns and loops of darkness and roses appear, along with a purple wave of energy. Cutless and Donkeyta appeared.

Cutless was a Pokémon shaped like a silver sword with a white edge, baring a grinning face on himself with sharp eyes and pointy mouth leading to bushy eyebrows. His arms were on his hips as if ashamed of something, standing there as his bottom as the handle of a sword standing straight-up when legs sprouted out from the bottom, looking like a costume worn. The silver edge at the top pierced over at Valentine Rowan in a vicious matter, ready to attack as they shined from the eyelash to the arm’s curvature.

Donkeyta was literally a cute little donkey in a halo like pattern, shining beautifully as her mane moved around the field when she was released, smaller than most of the people in the room. Having beautiful dark brown hair glowing yellow, she bore golden wings fluttering slowly as she was released onto the field, shaking them a little to show her graceful entrance while shaking gently to her comfort at the same time. Donkeyta’s face was rather cute, looking pointless and adorable to the others in the room, having a cute circle in the middle for the nose and mouth with clueless black eyes looking at the screen carelessly. Her center hair stuck upwards towards the golden halo floating above Donkeyta’s head and between her ears. Donkeyta’s tail moved back and forth, cutely shaking as she hovered above the field, refusing to lay her hooves on the surface.]

“Donkeyta is so majestic,” complimented Mana. “Cutless looks so tough!”
Cutless, the Cutting Pokémon; Type is Steel/Warrior; This Pokémon is usually there to help those in jobs similar to carpentry during modern days, using their slick attitude to chop down trees and turn them into fine wood at the same time. In the past, Cutless were used during battle in some tribes in placement of swords, being able to adjust the sharpness of the blade in many situations depending on the event at hand, whether it be to light a fire or stab another person. They do have emotions whenever they are used for battle though, and tend to become more powerful if they are angry and less aggressive if intemperate. Either way, they are dangerous if used by a child and encouraged not to.

Donkeyta, the Halo Donkey Pokémon; Type is Light/Flying; There is a stereotype going around that donkeys are usually dumb Pokémon, but Donkeyta is usually there to prove them wrong whenever they use their clueless yet intelligent face to make others know of their knowledge. They don’t like it whenever other Pokémon act dumb, although they tend to have a mindless face on them sometimes whenever they are focused on something else. Donkeyta encouraged many people in the past about the knowledge within you rather than what you think is outside, because it can use the halo above their head to show humans about the truth of certain situations without much mind effort.

[Valentine Rowan walked with a serious gait, waving and spinning elegantly yet the red hair covering her right eye remained there dead on, not even moving as if made of metal, although it was perfectly real. Her body transformed from her regular outfit to those of elegant flowing robes, reaching down to the ground slowly and beautifully as her sleeves extended all the way down. When making her strike before sending out her Pokémon, a Contest Ribbon symbolized behind her as she released her Pokémon gracefully.]

“Go Enchancold and Psydarkchu!”

Enchancold was released onto the field, with Psydarkchu was about the size of a Pikachu with two wings- one angel and the other devil; the ears are the symbol of the Ying and the Yang with half vicious and nice with an equal trade on both side of her body.

“I never knew you had Pokémon like that!” exclaimed Garrett. “Nice change from the usual-happy-go-lucky Pokémon I always see you use in your appeals.”

“I can be Goth when I want to Garrett. Change is good, after all.”

Psydarkchu, the Ying and Yang Pokémon; Type is Light/Dark; Because of the loss of electricity, Psydarkchu relies on his psychic and dark powers created from the immense buildup of anger and sadness. Since Psydarkchu is a balancer Pokémon, its symbol is the opposite of which force is stronger than the will. If evil is strong while one of these creatures is in the presence, Psydarkchu is good for the moment; however if good is stronger, then Psydarkchu becomes evil for that moment; depending on the mood.

“Looks like it’s time for us to battle! I wonder what you got during a battle!”

Tiana, voiceover telepathically, My Pokémon--show that ßitch who’s boss!
“Enchancold, Cold Death the Donkeyta; Psydarkchu, Thunder Curse the Cutless.”

“Donkeyta, Halo Rush Psydarkchu; Cutless, Evil Blade Enchancold!”

Donkeyta attacked with the extremely quick Halo Rush, charging around the field and appearing in front of Psydarkchu ready to strike as the halo prepared a beam to unleash a light force at Psydarkchu, hitting the rodent painfully and super-effectively considering it was a Dark-type Pokémon. Donkeyta ended the attack by hovering in the air and moving back to her original position, her shining halo going back to a regular glow when landing back on Tiana’s side while Psydarkchu was shocked by the speed of her enemy.

Cutless proceeded to attack right after his partner, sharpening up his blade and running towards the meditating Enchancold as he shapeshifted into a powerful dark blade, radiating with purple energy all around. Cutless slammed his sharpened blade directly onto Enchancold, causing quite a bit of damage, but blocked off a little by Enchancold’s freezing defenses. Able to sustain most of the damage, bits of Enchancold’s icy area fell off onto the ground, melting into the surface as Cutless regained the normal angry look.

Psydarkchu was more focused than natural, recovering from the super-fast attack she just received before she took out two thunder balls with scrolls on them in her hand. Tossing them around a little, she threw them in the air--one of them landing on Cutless and causing a stat lowering in all of his stats, while the second one hit Psydarkchu and rained static electricity all over the user, causing her to become paralyzed. Cutless was on the ground, looking darker and much weaker than usual from the electrical ball thrown.

Enchancold’s dropped ice particles completely melted away, and she began to charge an icy blue and purple ball in her hands growing bigger and bigger by the second. After it was big enough, she unleashed it at Donkeyta with a powerful force, similar to Ice Beam but engulfing the entire body. An icy wave of darkness and light was all you could see, and after the attack faded away, Donkeyta was on the ground, defeated. However, Enchancold was kneeling on the ground, having her Special Attack lowered from this.

“Donkeyta, good job, I guess…grr…go Nisower!” Nisower was released.

“Enchancold, Scheme! Psydarkchu, Thunder Curse Cutless again!”

“Nisower, Flamethrower that Enchancold! Cutless, return--Go Pwoof!” Tiana made the substitution, releasing her annoying Pwoof onto the field with a darkening rush.

Nisower’s pretty pink and yellow petals flew around twice, circling the Pokémon before he got on the ground for the lion characteristics he had, and unleashed a fiery burst of fire down the row and hit Enchancold directly in the center, knocking the icy Pokémon out. Nisower was much more calm when doing this than the emotion Tiana was giving out right now, full of anger and mistrust for her opponent. Pwoof was making annoying images on the ground during the attack, but nobody was paying attention. For some reason, Tiana was getting angrier about every passing second on the battlefield.
“Pretty good there, but it looks like you’re not enjoying yourself. Go Petitel!” Valentine Rowan released her trademark Pokémon onto the field, cutely hovering.

Mana, in thought, I notice she’s not having fun also. What’s wrong with her?

Judai yelled out, “Tiana, this is a Pokémon Battle! You should be having some fun!”

“I hope when I face her tomorrow, she doesn’t act like that.”

Psydarkchu did the same thing as before, causing purple and yellow thunder balls to materialize in her hands and throwing them high into the air. One of them landed on Pwoof, which was meant to be Cutless’ target before he was switched, and lowered the Pokémon’s stats, although he didn’t feel much. Considering Psydarkchu was already paralyzed from the first time using Thunder Curse, she couldn’t feel the downside again, still quicker than Pwoof although she was paralyzed by her own attack.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing to my Pwoof? That’s it--time for a direct attack, and you know what I mean by that.” Tiana took out a black and purple spear, and it shaped itself into a dagger. She jumped high into the air and amazed everyone in a fearful matter, lunging the sharp device into Valentine Rowan and stabbing her all the way down the middle. She screamed in pain while Tiana giggled in enjoyment. Valentine Rowan spat out some blood as the spear stuck out through the other side, slowly and painfully.

“I have to stop this right now!” Aaron threw an Alchemic Ball, a black-and-white PokéBall with a transmutation circle on top, releasing Cyberyu. Cyberyu is based on a Chinese serpentine dragon, albeit one more modern. The horns are hydraulic stalks and his eyes are yellow, its fangs like daggers. “Use Cyber Barrier!”

Cyberyu formed a white barrier around the entire field, especially separating the split between Tiana Alphonse and Valentine Rowan forcefully, causing Tiana to be forced back all the way to the vending machine in the room, slammed on her back and on the ground bleeding on her back. Valentine Rowan was knocked back as well, but enough so the dagger could be forced out of her back. A transmutation circle was where Cyberyu was, and Garrett walked over it quickly, preparing his hands for something.

Garrett pushed his hands down onto the transmutation circle, and transferred his own energy inside of it over to Valentine Rowan to regenerate her missing body parts. The heart on the ground stabbed through all the way disappeared and reappeared where it should be, causing her to shake before she could open her eyes. Garrett was then about to strike Tiana, but the girl fell down onto the ground before able to react, causing him to stop before she could be in any more pain. She spat out purple spit from her mouth.

“What the hell just happened?” wondered Aaron. “Why’d you do that, Tiana?”

Tiana struggled to move. “I’ll tell you later…I’m sorry about that…”
Valentine Rowan’s damaged area was regenerated, and she walked up to Tiana without any pain like last time. “So what happened…? Why’d you do that to me?”

“It’s too personal to talk about.”

“Why? Is it something about your friends or family?”

“No…I told you it’s too personal for me to say! Get out of my way!” Tiana pushed Valentine aside and ran outside of the dome in confusion, even crying a little.

*RING! RING! RING! *

To: Aaron
Subject: Town Under Attack

Elec Town is under attack by two people, one of them is a pyromaniac, while the other is an old man obsessed with tops. One of them happens to have Shadow Pokémon on the scene, and we advise you to come over here with anybody capable of snagging Pokémon so they can stop attacking the city. Apparently, the senile one is a worker of Nebula, while the other one is just someone else in the tournament. Alas, both of them are in the tournament, and are specifically the battlers for this round. Many people are being terrorized by the moment, and at least three cars have been burned to the ground already before we could do anything. Please come along with any of the other officials so we can get this problem solved before it gets any worse than the events happening days ago.

Good luck,
Elec Town Police Station

“We have to head over to Elec Town right now. Garrett, come with me also, because it’s a huge situation happening over there--people are being set on fire and top terrorizing.”

“Why can’t I come along?” asked Valentine Rowan.

“Because you’re damaged from what Tiana did to you earlier. You could go back to the inn and rest up if you want to. Me and Garrett can take care of the situation.”

“Okay, sure. But call me if you need any help during the mission.”

“Of course. Now I also need someone who’s capable of snagging Pokémon, considering the scene of the crime has a Nebula Admin using Shadow Pokémon right now.”

Judai raised his hand. “I never used it for a long time, because every time I met up with one, the trainer either got away or they didn’t send it out yet. Let’s throw down!”
Garrett already walked outside the dome. “Let’s take precedence to the scene.”

* * *​

The group arrived in Elec Town 1.

Mr. Match and Tensuke were in the middle of the town with their Pokémon released, sending destruction all over the city. Mr. Match had Charizard, Typhlosion, Blaziken, Goukazaru outside shooting the streets with fire - Charizard was flying overhead spitting flames all over the cars he saw; Typhlosion dug into the ground and shot fire down there, destroying many of the wires in the city; Blaziken was on top of the building and leaped down with a leg of fire, breaking down the street; Goukazaru materialized flames using kinesis by meditating and made them burn on the citizens. Tensuke’s Shadow Claydol and Shadow Cradily were shooting out random shadow attacks throughout the city; Claydol focused its hands into a shadow beam and shot it directly at a car, moving its hands slowly to demolish it; Cradily spat out shadow acid onto the streets to melt them.

“Is it just me, or is Elec Town getting attacked a lot?” pondered Aaron with a hot dog. “I can just go on a limb and say this town’s getting attacked way too much.”

“We still have to stop them from attacking the town. Judai, snag those Pokémon.”

“Hey! I’m here to battle you, whoever-has-those-shadow-Pokémon can come over here and get his game on!” Judai carried a PokéBall in his hand, ready to throw it.

“No wee lad’s going to tell me what to do, ay no way!” replied Mr. Match.

“Actually, I have an idea.” Garrett approached Judai, lending his hand out. “Let me use the Snag Machine and I can show a little 2HKO strategy I have up my sleeve.”

“But I want to battle…but I do like seeing strategies!” Judai handed the Snag Machine over to Garrett. “Don’t forget to give me back the thing later after the battle.”

“Sure. Now watch me win this battle.”

“Ay, I’ll battle this not-so-wee lad.”

Official Coordinator Garrett vs. Pyromaniac Kenichi Hino Match
[Garrett walks out onto the field with his nice sifting hair while closing his eyes in true passion, his blazer blowing as if he was a legend in a wind of portraits, then released…

Elekible, and Sphinxis, cat is orange-yellow and has a small Egyptian tiara on its head depicting a snake. Lying down like what it resembled, it was rather lazy and released a plethora of sand onto the field, contradicting the modern level battlefield currently.]
[Mr. Match walks onto the field with a freaky smile on his face, showing the gums on his teeth being lit with fire and hair glowing in the shake. He clamped his hands together and made a fist, throwing two PokéBalls into the air to release Charizard and Typhlosion.]

“Elekible, Hydro Electrical Shock Charizard; Sphinxis, Ancientpower Typhlosion.”

“Charizard, Fire Wing Elekible; Typhlosion, Dig the Sphinxis! Burn baby burn!”

Charizard took flight into the air, causing one of those scenes in the city when a flying creature goes above the sun, except this time a blazing fire materialized around his wings, taking over the entire Pokémon as he flew higher and left fiery tracks in his way. Charizard flew into the air and swooped back down with wings of fire to strike Elekible directly, causing some fiery damage to appear before flying back down with a beautiful track behind him, with the fiery glowing returning back to normal with a powerful roar.

Typhlosion flared up on his back with fiery spikes, ready to attack as he took vault into the sky and leaped down into the ground, causing a hole in the cemented floor easily and broke down. Traveling underground, Typhlosion managed to make a huge track in front of himself and avoid the obstacles down there, heading towards the lying and unnoticing Sphinxis at the moment while the flare burned through some parts of the ground above him to make it straightforward and swiftly to make the tunnel flared down and cave.

Elekible used Hydro Electrical Shock on Charizard, forming an electrical ball in the center of the huge electrical Pokémon before letting it go. Blue waves of energy formed in the air and added over to the track of electricity for more power, causing the beam shot out from Elekible to be added beginning yellow to blue in seconds, forming an even huger beam. Charizard, being a Fire/Flying type, took four times the damage from the electrical and aquatic move and knocked the dragon down onto the ground.

“Ay good job mate.” Mr. Match said, returning Charizard and sending out Blaziken.

Sphinxis used Ancientpower, but with the target off the field the move missed.

“Sorry about that laddy, but my Pokémon’s underground.”

“Thanks to Sphinxis’ hold item, Time Sand, it can attack twice! Use Earthquake!”

Sphinxis materialized a sand clock on the field, and the sand began running down to the bottom half. Before finishing, the device added itself onto Sphinxis and fused together, causing the Pokémon to glow blue. Jumping high in the air with no action other than levitating, as Sphinxis didn’t move any limbs, Sphinxis forced itself onto the ground and caused a shattering Earthquake, knocking out Elekible, Typhlosion, and Blaziken at once in a powerful blast as the ground was destroyed and regenerated again.

BREAKCUT!
Tensuke Takumi | Topman vs. Kenichi Hino Match | Fireman​

Helpful Critic

Chosen One....
It was nice to see him actually let out his Pokemon to battle. I have not "seen" him battle in a long time(even if he battles more often than many recurring character's). Tiana seems to have a moment of weakness, and bloodlust filled with rage and anger. It was nice to see Garrett use alchemy to heal Valentine Rowan, even though he should have just brought out Clutearia(sp), but either way, it works. Funny how Garrett knocked them out instead of capturing them. But then again, when are Shadow Pokemon normally captured in this fanfic?

There is a small problem with Sphinxis's description. I will try to fix it and post it here:" Sphinxis, an Egyptian cat that is a yellowish-orange and has a small Egyptian tiara on its head depicting a snake."

Oh, and from the Megaman I watched, Fireman's real name is supposed to be Torchman. Was his name Fireman on purpose?(plz do not get mad at me)
I enjoyed reading this chapter(especially since Garrett got a large piece of the action). I have the computer almost working, so I will be able to send the character description I told you about at the "How I lost everything ..." fanfic.
But I do not know if you want me to give the pokemon's descriptions, so unless you request me to go all out, I am just going to describe what I want.

HarleyScarow

Emerald Shinigami
Regarding Fireman...
In every aspect of the Japanese, his name is Fireman...
In the English Megaman Battle Network 1, his name is Fireman...
In the English Manga, his name is Fireman...
In the Anime DUB, his name is Torchman.

From what I've read, they did it to avoid any reference to fire (LOL Pokemon).

HarleyScarow

Emerald Shinigami
This isn't an "OMG I'm doubleposting because it'll bump my thread!" reply. It took me a couple of wasted minutes, but I made a banner for "The Shadow Nebula." Tell me what you think about it and if I should put it in the first post, or should I delete it? The fate of this banner lies in your hands. Just kidding, I just want to see you opinions about it before I put it into my signature. Even if you think it is kind of crappy, it did take me a couple of minutes to decide what to put. Yeah, I used the GIMP program. Here is the picture for ya! Tell me a little about what you think about it, okay?!

[IMG139]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7982/shadownebuland0.png[/IMG139]​

Helpful Critic

Chosen One....
i kind of like it, and it shows some originality. Deoxys is a good "bishie" for space(but so is rayquaza, and clefairy and jiggypuff, but Deoxys fits the best). Even though is till think rayquaza would be good. Either way I like it.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
a sword pokemon? that's a good idea, i can't believe i never thought of enything like that before! overall, these chapters have been going well

HarleyScarow

Emerald Shinigami
Most of the Fakemon ideas I get from are the "Create Your Own Fakemon" threads scattered all over the DP section back before it came out and everybody was ragingly speculating their own concepts of Pokemon. Unfortunately, now that is has settled down, the thread only gets posted on for modern fun, so I'll be hard getting some inspiration. That's usually how I get most of my ideas--from the posts other people do in this forum. There were many times in the past in which my writer's block was trampled just because I happen to stumble upon one good post that kicks out my annoying writer's block! Always be at least a little resourceful when you're a writer--Especially when it comes to fusing so many different concepts together for your own likes.

Wait, I just realized--I need to add a border to "The Shadow Nebula" banner...

Heya Harley, sorry I've not reviewed this yet but I will, don't worry. At the rate you're going and I'm going though, it may be tough XP I've only read up to chapter 2, but it seems interesting, adding in non-Pokemon references adds a nice flair to the story, though not the way I prefer to go...*rants*

But yeah, I've only gotten to chapter 2, so the story hasn't started to show itself yet, but I'm hoping it will soon. It seems from what I've read though, you're using a lot more non-Pokemon references than Pokemon references, but I suppose that's okay.

The next time I review hopefully I'll get a bit more time to type up the review, and hopefully by then I'll have gotten into the good part of the story, sorry but for now this is all I can think of.

~fuzzy out~

HarleyScarow

Emerald Shinigami
This is a crossover fiction, after all. That's not a bad thing, though--Maybe I should put the crossover material in the first post for the sake of readers not losing interest when they find out a franchise they don't like is used inside of this fanfiction (or maybe I can use my writing to have people begin to like those franchises). Too bad I was quite a bad writer back then (Yeah, I still am), but it's gonna take up to at least EPISODE 10 before the real storyline kicks in. Most of the plotlines I add are inspired by the reviewers coming here--If you have any suggestion, feel free to make them--I'll add them.

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
Srry Scarow-Boy, (LOLZ' I just called you Scarow Boy!) I haven't reviewed. This thread keeps on slipping my head, maybe you should PM me so I won't forget :D

I'm srrry to say this but, I think this fic needs some more pokemon! the non pokemon parts are somehow, turning me off. Sp plz, add in some more so I'll csan get my mojo startin' YEEHAW!

Ideas: Make an insanely uber Shadow Rayquaza destroy Elec Town! Gawd do I hate that place. Btw, bring back ML to PWN some n00bs! MUAHAHAHA!

I was kiddin' but it would be cool if you added the Rayquaza part :D

HarleyScarow

Emerald Shinigami
If I randomly add something like that, I'll kill the ratings. Don't worry--there will be a lot of tragedy about to be added into the fanfiction. Besides, I'll be like copying The Great Butler's Shadow Rayquaza concept in one of the last few episodes--you know I hate to do things like that, especially when they have already been taken up clearly. One of the reasons why I haven't been PMing people as much as I used to is because th PM system has been a little mean to me for the past few days. It should stop soon, and you get where I'm going at. It's starting to work now, so we don't need to worry anymore.

Here, I added a border to "The Shadow Nebula" banner.

[IMG139]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f357/WobbuffetDS/ShadowNebula.jpg?t=1168902785[/IMG139]

Shiny Ho-Oh

I just started reading this fic. I've already read episopdes 1-3. I'm gonna take a break and read some more later. The episodes are really cool

HarleyScarow

Emerald Shinigami
Here's another banner I made--this is meant to be the contest signs Mana sees whenever she decides to enter a Pokemon Contest. So image it in your head.

[IMG139]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f357/WobbuffetDS/SerebiiContest.jpg[/IMG139]

LOL I also used this for my contest thread...

Yeah, I have a little obsession with pretty lights...