• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon you don't like?

giratina519

ra ra ra IERUKANA?!
Trubbish and Garbodor- garbage? Really? That's running out of ideas
Bidoof and Bibarrel- derp. All I'm going to say.
Pokemon that look like humans- that's also unoriginal.

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
Unova Starters did absolutely nothing for me.
I think there are more Pokemon I dislike than there are Pokemon I do like, so I won't list them all.
I don't really like most Normal types across all Gens (there are exceptions).
In this day and age, it is very difficult for me to like Pokemon who have been around for many Gens and still have no evolution tied to them.

Last edited:

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
I used to not like Glameow and Clamperl based on appearances only. It was more of an initial 'THAT'S a Pokemon?' reaction at first. I think I've become more immune to that effect now when realising it's just because I'm not used to the designs yet.

TwitchyAssTaillow

Stunfisk... although it does give me a good laugh.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Grimer/Muk, Jynx, and Nosepass/Probopass are some of my least favorites. The former two because they're little more than goop with faces, and the latter three because they just look so freakin' weird.

Oh, and the above poster just reminded me, Stunfisk. That smile is so creepy...

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Sinnoh region Pokemon. They're mostly evos of other regions, which bugs me. Also I think they look weird, like electivire or magnezone or rypherior. Tangrowth is horrible

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

ohjeezitskim

I thought about this for a while, so there is quite a lot on my list lol

JYNX #1 MOST HATED
Patrat line
Nosepass line
Dunsparce
Raticate
Togepi
Jigglepuff
Clefairy
Bidoof line
Woobat
Trubbish line
Lilpup line
Sentret
Shiftry's line
cryogonal
Gothorita line
Stunfisk

*~Silver*~

The only Pokemon I have a true disliking for are the bug-type middle evolutions like Silcoon, Metapod and Kakuna. They're not very good in battle, which makes them a pain to train. Pokemon that are just kind of ugly like Trubbish are still pretty good in battle, but the thing about these bug types is that not only are they bad in battle, but they're not good looking either. Once they evolve they're awesome, but not before...

Rakurai

I'm not particularly fond of Pikachu or any of its lookalikes that show up every gen.

Azumarill being an exception for the fact that it's competent in battle.

Hidden Power

Yes, because fire-breathing dragons and pink blobs are so creative.

They're not creative because they're popular enough to be re-used over and over various media. Kind of a safe bet when you're new to making a new game, really.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
They're not creative because they're popular enough to be re-used over and over various media. Kind of a safe bet when you're new to making a new game, really.

A safe bet, sure, but that's "lazier" than coming up with original ideas like ice cream and trash bags and gear systems.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
I don't like Charizard because it's so overrated. Although I guess it's more it's fans that I hate rather then the Pokemon itself.

Hidden Power

A safe bet, sure, but that's "lazier" than coming up with original ideas like ice cream and trash bags and gear systems.

Not saying that those are inherently bad designs, but looking at generic dragons to come up with Charizard's design or looking at generic ice cream to come up with Vanilluxe's design doesn't really scream originality for either case. The only difference is that the former is often repeated because it's usually a popular idea (or the other way round), while the latter is seldom seen in games and receives more mixed responses.

And personally I don't believe in the "If you're a true Pokemon fan you must like all designs" nonsense; that's just a sweeping statement. Some designs will just naturally appeal to a greater number of people than average, and some not so.

*~Silver*~

I don't like Charizard because it's so overrated. Although I guess it's more it's fans that I hate rather then the Pokemon itself.

I've heard this said about Umbreon as well, I hate that this is used to tell why you dislike a Pokemon. Being "mainstream" shouldn't be a bad thing! It just means that the Pokemon is liked. You could dislike a Pokemon because of how it looks, how it battles, or even just type. I just don't like it when people say, "I don't like it because it's mainstream."
I always feel like replying, "Great reasoning. I really understand your point. -_-'"

I know that's not EXACTLY what you said, but you get that rant anyways. Shiny Charizard is one of my favorites. xD

Flame Mistress

So no one's said Venomoth yet? Honestly, that thing is a giant purple moth with creepy eyes that flies around in an even more disturbing way. Well, it's mostly my personal bias against moths and butterflies IRL, so it's slightly justified... right?

Along with Venomoth I hate Mothim and Dustox, but not as much as the former.

lolzkidudz

Gen7!!!
Vanilluxe family. It just looks silly >:|