• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon you don't like?

jakovu

Cradily and Weezing especially. I never cared much for Magmar either. I used to hate Boldore but it's starting to grow on me a bit.

LordLucario21

Pokemon Veteran
I also Ledian. It has literally no use at all. A pretty bad typing that's x4 weak to Stealth rocks combined with pitiful to mediocre stats except for a special defense stat which is good make for a bad pokemon. It looks ok, but its movepool does nothing for it.If you want a better bug/flying, try the Yanma family or Scyther, or hell, even Butterfree is better than it. I just loathe this pokemon but its still better than that THING I talked about last time.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Palkia for being overdesigned, unappealing, and having the same type combo as Kingdra. Its color scheme isn't that great, either.
Garbodor for obvious reasons.
Linoone for being a poor man's Furret.
Watchog for its weird body shape.
Honorable Mentions: Hariyama, Magmortar, Makuhita, and Mismagius.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Foongus and Amoongus for SEVERAL REASONS.
1. The fact that they were designed solely to replace Voltorb and Electrode as troll Pokeballs because of the zero Gen 1 Pokemon in Unova.
2. I hate that scattered items look like Pokeballs. Why? Can we store items in Pokeballs? Does every item look like a Pokeball? No. Just poor planning.
3. THEIR NAMES ARE BASED OFF OF A BAD MUSHROOM PUN.
4. Can a trainer seriously not tell up close that a mushroom, whether its head is similar to a Pokeball or not, is not in fact a Pokeball? From out here in the real world, in our air conditioned blimp view, sure. But down there? Come on.
5. The way I see Pokemon is that, although Pokemon are based on things in the real world, in the Pokemon world things are based off of Pokemon. It wouldn't make sense for creatures to spring up out of nowhere based on modern things like Pokeballs. So basically, Pokeballs were designed after the physical appearance of a mushroom. Awesome. Good job.

Colt45

Cobalt
Foongus and Amoongus for SEVERAL REASONS.
1. The fact that they were designed solely to replace Voltorb and Electrode as troll Pokeballs because of the zero Gen 1 Pokemon in Unova.
2. I hate that scattered items look like Pokeballs. Why? Can we store items in Pokeballs? Does every item look like a Pokeball? No. Just poor planning.
3. THEIR NAMES ARE BASED OFF OF A BAD MUSHROOM PUN.
4. Can a trainer seriously not tell up close that a mushroom, whether its head is similar to a Pokeball or not, is not in fact a Pokeball? From out here in the real world, in our air conditioned blimp view, sure. But down there? Come on.
5. The way I see Pokemon is that, although Pokemon are based on things in the real world, in the Pokemon world things are based off of Pokemon. It wouldn't make sense for creatures to spring up out of nowhere based on modern things like Pokeballs. So basically, Pokeballs were designed after the physical appearance of a mushroom. Awesome. Good job.

Don't forget how annoying Amoonguss is in competitive battling with Regenerator.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
2. Can we store items in Pokeballs?

Yes.

Say it tilts its head forward, or that its body is underground so that it looks like a half-buried Poké Ball.

Is it impossible for Foongus and Amoongus to have evolved over time into having Poké Ball-like camouflage as a way to defend themselves? There are tons of bugs in the real world that evolve color schemes which makes them resemble leaves or tree bark.

Last edited:

Colt45

Cobalt
Yes.

Say it tilts its head forward, or that its body is underground so that it looks like a half-buried Pokéball.

Is it impossible for Foongus and Amoongus to have evolved over time into having Pokéball-like camouflage as a way to defend themselves? There are tons of bugs in the real world that evolve color schemes which makes them resemble leaves or tree bark.

Yes, but pokeballs are man made

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
So, what you're saying is we find Pokeballs on the ground with items inside?
Although I don't know the reality of it, I don't believe that's true.
Mainly because I would assume that if we picked up a Pokeball with an item inside, and we took the item out, wouldn't it make sense for our Pokeball inventory to go up too?
I mean, as you say, we did find a Pokeball, so why do we not have extra Pokeballs?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Yes, but pokeballs are man made

Your point being? It's just a matter of "whatever has a camouflage that better enables it to survive in its environment will survive and pass on its traits"; be the camouflage similar to a natural or man-made object. The Foongus and Amoonguss that had the better camouflage (that is, the camouflage that was more like a Poké Ball in appearance) survived because that's what their environment necessitated.

I mean, as you say, we did find a Pokeball, so why do we not have extra Pokeballs?

How do we know that storing items and storing Pokémon use the same function? It could be that the Poké Ball breaks after storing an item, or that they simply make two kinds of Poké Balls that work differently - one kind for items, and one kind for Pokémon.

Last edited:

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
How do we know that storing items and storing Pokémon use the same function? It could be that the Poké Ball breaks after storing an item, or that they simply make two kinds of Poké Balls that work differently - one kind for items, and one kind for Pokémon.

If that's the case, why have we never been introduced to these item balls directly? You're saying we encounter them regularly like any other item, so why are they not able to be purchased or used other than the few times we find them lying on the ground? We've been introduced to 28 different kinds of Pokeballs, none of which has been stated to serve that purpose. We have bags that hold our items. Why specifically are these elusive item balls used to hold items in random areas on the ground but nowhere else?

What I think the developers did early on was use a generic round object as the basic view of an item lying on the ground, similar to how the early games show the generic beast sprite when checking our party, all to save memory space. I am fine with all that. At least I was until they never updated it. Now, I believe the ONLY reason scattered items look like Pokeballs is to continue to troll us occasionally with Pokemon like Voltorb and Foongus.