1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon you like which you feel are very often forgotten.

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Fushiki, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member

I think Alola gave Corsola some love with it being the main target of Mareanie. I feel bad for it now but it still gets some love even if it’s a tiny bit.

I was thinking the same as the closest thing to it getting any real love recently is that ORAS’s version of Glacia uses one in battle no matter if it’s the initial challenge or a rematch. Candice was the only other major Trainer in the ga,es to use one.

2. Midnite♪

Midnite♪ Distant Stargazer

Another Pokémon from Gen 5 that exists in the desert: Sigilyph. I adore Sigilyph, but it seems to be one of the more generally forgotten ones out there.

3. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

It mostly just got used as EXP fodder. I even thought Audino was related to Minccino and Cinccino at first, because their names all end in ‘-ino’ and they’re all Normal types.

Clemont had a Bunnelby in the anime. I don’t know if it ever evolved into Diggersby (it might have, but only in a fantasy).

Sigilyph was one of N’s Pokemon.

Fushiki and wolf jani like this.
  4. Monster Guy

Monster Guy Slurpuff and Alcremie both deserve love

Munna and Musharna. It hasn’t been in a game sense Gen 5.

Actually a lot of Gen 5 Pokémon.

5. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

Horubee (Bunnelby) seems to be quite forgotten even though a major character in the anime had one. The poor thing was underdeveloped during the XY saga regardless of its position in the main cast, which I think has also inadvertently harmed its reputation among the rest of the fandom.

6. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member

Exactly. No one ever uses it and even in the anime it was shoved aside for Chespin, Luxray, And Dedenne.

7. Fushiki

Fushiki Golden Orchid

Furfrou. The various styles' system is pretty unique and it's not even that bad as a Pokémon, mainly because of its defensive ability.

8. NovaBrunswick

Does anyone really ever see Ludicolo anymore? Brock had one in the anime, and Miror B. had a bunch of them in Colosseum, but ever since then it’s just been wallowing in obscurity.

9. MusicFan22

MusicFan22 Active Member

My favorite forgotten Pokémon is Misdreavus...& no I don’t like it’s evolved form.

Clemont’s Bunnelby made me want one lol.

10. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I typically don't use pure Normal-types on my teams, so I've never given Trimmien (Furfrou) much consideration. I do think it's odd that it has a gimmick yet not many people seem to think much of the species overall.

MockingJ, wolf jani and Fushiki like this.
  11. LusoTrainer

LusoTrainer Retro Trainer

[​IMG]

12. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Blizzard Maiden

Glameow, while in the anime it is Zoey's ace its evolution line can only be caught in one Gen 4 game, Pearl. The others time where it can be caught it is shoved in some "hidden" area (Hidden Grottos in BW2 and a Mirage Island in ORAS).

13. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

I’m certain it’s because Aromatisse is very heavily hated for being “ugly”. It further hurts when you consider that as a version exclusive counterpart to Swirlix, and that no NPCs in Kalos use one, meaning Y version is the only way to get it seen in the Pokédex.

14. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

Well I dont think it's ugly

ƁTS_fan and Fushiki like this.
  15. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Sigilyph, it has a wide movepool and Magic Guard, yet it has never been good competitively, which is sad.
    Mienshao, Floatzel, Furret, Heliolisk, Swanna and Fearow also tend to be overlooked.

16. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I've always liked the species, but I'll admit that I often forget about it since I typically replay Diamond version more than Pearl version, so I encounter Skunpuu (Stunky) more often than Nyarmar (Glameow).

17. NovaBrunswick

How come Stunky and Glameow weren’t catchable in Platinum? That’s the version I played. It seems only Team Galactic used those two.

I used a Mienshao in Black, it was such a good team member. I was partially inspired to have a Mienshao after I saw Marriland’s Black 2 playthrough (I played the original before I played the sequel). Crasher Wake the Water Gym Leader in Sinnoh had a Floatzel, and Skyla the FlyingGym Leader in Unova had a Swanna.

Fushiki and wolf jani like this.
  18. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Member

Gen V has a lot of underrated gems, Galvantula, Seismitoad, Lilligant and Basculin were all Pokemon I had a lot of success with in Black and White, and I think they all deserve more love. I would say the elemental monkey trio as well, but really Simisage is the only one of the three I'd class as a good Pokemon.

Fushiki, kantoskies, ƁTS_fan and 2 others like this.
  19. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Scolipede is one of those Pokemon that I've always liked but which seems unpopular. I use one in Black 2 and I think it's pretty good.

20. GarchompTheAssassin

GarchompTheAssassin Water starter fan

Ponyta and Rapidash feel 'underrepresented' considering how cool they look

Fushiki, ƁTS_fan and wolf jani like this.