1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon you like which you feel are very often forgotten.

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Fushiki, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

The Seel and Spheal lines.

I really like pinnipeds.

2. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

I like how they add to its lore in Gen VII

BƬS_fan, Fushiki, kantoskies and 2 others like this.
  3. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

It's kind of sad that some people only remember Gen 5 because of Trubbish, Vanillite and Klink.

Zoruagible, BƬS_fan, Fushiki and 2 others like this.
  4. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

I agree regarding Pawou (Seel) and its evolved form. I personally think that Pawou in particular looks adorable, although I think that one of the reasons why that evolutionary line is so neglected by fans is because both Pokemon are rather bland in terms of color scheme since they're plain white.

Lunalah, BƬS_fan, MockingJ and 3 others like this.
  5. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

That and also for how Seel looks far too similar to an actual seal with the only difference being Seel has a horn, how Seel and Dewgong’s shinies barely change, and in Dewgong’s case there are much more useful Ice and Water types than it.

Fushiki, OshyHikari and wolf jani like this.
  6. Mega Ampharos the Dragon

Mega Ampharos the Dragon Electric type Enthusiast

Some I feel are forgotten that I like are Emboar and Sawk. I keep hearing that the last Fire/Fighting starter is the worst. Plus, I've heard that people say sawk and throh are too similar to the Hitmons from Gen 1.

7. Captain Jigglypuff

I actually didn’t find Emboar to be that bad. Heat Crash is a very good physical Fire move that can deal massive damage on Klinklang and even Skarmory. Plus Emboar being able to learn Scald keeps Ground weary and provides Emboar with much mor coverage.

NovaBrunswick, Fushiki and wolf jani like this.
  8. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Well-Known Member

I like Emboar, Tepig is usually my go-to starter in Gen V, and the combo of Tepig, Pansage and Roggenrola can get you smoothly through Black and White's early game. However I have grown to HATE Sawk and Throh, mainly because of how hard they are to get past when an NPC trainer has them. The first few times I played through X and Y, I had to carefully tiptoe around that one Battle Girl in Reflection Cave with a Throh and Hawlucha, because she would always flatten my entire team. Using Ghost-types like Golett and Honedge made it slightly easier, but I still dread whenever a trainer sends out Sawk or Throh.

9. Xionea

Xionea Half a centaur

Maractus is a favorite of mine, even went out of my way to shiny hunt for it back in the BW days. I get that it's a rare encounter in a side area in one game that literally no trainer in-game uses so it's fair that it's forgettable. I think it only got a little bit of traction recently was the meme of "How can I play Sword and Shield if Maractus isn't in it?!?!" that went around before Maractus got confirmed to be in it.

Other than that, I bet on Finneon and Lumineon being super forgettable by most people. I think they're bland designs, literally Finneon is probably the most basic fish design right next to Basculin (and at least that gets the benefit of having the unique Red and Blue stripe variations to it). Lumineon also has a really pathetic moveset, nothing I see myself calling special. I'd argue that Finneon and Lumineon are tied with Goldeen and Seaking for "most boring fish Pokemon" but Goldeen got its fame by being on Misty's team in the anime series. It also doesn't help that there's a lot of water types in general, so it just got the bad end of the stick. Sorry Finneon and Lumineon.

Lunalah, Leonhart, MockingJ and 2 others like this.
  10. BulleDeChagrin

BulleDeChagrin Lillie best girl

Basculin! It's just such a cute little thing that is surprisingly powerful (in-game). I used it in BW2 and USUM and it did great.

11. NovaBrunswick

Because of Sturdy. I think only Sawk has it, though.

Lunalah, wolf jani and Fushiki like this.
  12. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

Yes, only Sawk has Sturdy. Throh gets Guts instead, but both do get Inner Focus as their other main ability.

13. Fushiki

Fushiki Golden Orchid

Drilbur/Excadrill doesn't get the praise it deserves. What an adorable mole made of metal and it's pretty strong too.
    It was one of my first choices for Unova and have fond memories about using it on Pokémon White.
    Honestly, both Vanilluxe and Klinklang easily enter my favourite Unova's Pokémon list. I used both of them in my White 2 adventure and think they are pretty great.

14. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

You're right, and it's even weirder when you consider that Iris owned a Doryuzu (Excadrill) in the anime, yet that doesn't seem to have made the species popular with the fandom.

Lunalah, Fushiki, MockingJ and 2 others like this.
  15. NovaBrunswick

Maybe because it wasn’t a Dragon-type? Iris did have an Emolga as well, and that wasn’t a Dragon type.

Lunalah, Fushiki and wolf jani like this.
  16. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

It helps that Emonga (Emolga) was a Pikachu clone, which boosted its popularity. In the case of Doryuzu (Excadrill) however, I think its design might have been its downfall since it doesn't look particularly cute or cool.

17. Captain Jigglypuff

I think Excadrill is forgotten in the anime because Iris rarely had it out of its Poké Ball outside of the Don episodes. She used only once during a battle with Georgia and that pretty much was it. The Battle Don episode’s were the only other time she ever battled with it.

Fushiki and wolf jani like this.
  18. NovaBrunswick

Pretty much all the female protagonists in the anime have owned a Pika-clone, like Dawn with Pachirisu and Bonnie with Dedenne. The exception being Sophocles and his Togedemaru.

Fushiki and wolf jani like this.
  19. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Could Jessie be considered a villain protagonist and Mimikyu a Pika-clone?

20. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I think a vast majority of Gen V Pokemon would qualify.
    Hydreigon's really my only favorite that hasn't been forgotten by the fandom, but Pokemedia hardly uses his line at all so I guess he sorta counts?
    Then you've got Braviary, the fossils, starters, Druddigon, Volcarona, Galvantula, Seismitoad, Zebstrika, Eelectross, the legendaries not called Zekrom/Reshiram....
    Phantump
    Zorua - 'tis what happens when he's restricted to an gen 4 related event in his debut game, then made a gift mon instead of letting him get caught. I love the BW games, but they really made a mistake on how they handled Zorua, literally impossible to get it on BW 1 now without trading from BW 2.
    Noivern/Goodra
    Spheal line
    Volcanion - Unique awesome typing we'll probably never see again... come on! >.>
    And the Johto starters, both fandom and the Pokemon franchise hardly mention them or use them.... they do need serious buffing though
    Raichu - I love Pikachu, but I'm honestly tired of how Raichu doesn't get much love nor much focus at all in anything
    Raikou - I blame the anime on this one.