• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon you like which you feel are very often forgotten.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Corsola is one with my heart.

I liked how Hoenn gave it some lore where it is the foundation of Pacifidlog Town.

I like how they add to its lore in Gen VII

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Gen V has a lot of underrated gems, Galvantula, Seismitoad, Lilligant and Basculin were all Pokemon I had a lot of success with in Black and White, and I think they all deserve more love. I would say the elemental monkey trio as well, but really Simisage is the only one of the three I'd class as a good Pokemon.

It's kind of sad that some people only remember Gen 5 because of Trubbish, Vanillite and Klink.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pikachu Fan Number Nine said:
The Seel and Spheal lines.

I really like pinnipeds.

I agree regarding Pawou (Seel) and its evolved form. I personally think that Pawou in particular looks adorable, although I think that one of the reasons why that evolutionary line is so neglected by fans is because both Pokemon are rather bland in terms of color scheme since they're plain white.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I agree regarding Pawou (Seel) and its evolved form. I personally think that Pawou in particular looks adorable, although I think that one of the reasons why that evolutionary line is so neglected by fans is because both Pokemon are rather bland in terms of color scheme since they're plain white.
That and also for how Seel looks far too similar to an actual seal with the only difference being Seel has a horn, how Seel and Dewgong’s shinies barely change, and in Dewgong’s case there are much more useful Ice and Water types than it.

Some I feel are forgotten that I like are Emboar and Sawk. I keep hearing that the last Fire/Fighting starter is the worst. Plus, I've heard that people say sawk and throh are too similar to the Hitmons from Gen 1.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Some I feel are forgotten that I like are Emboar and Sawk. I keep hearing that the last Fire/Fighting starter is the worst. Plus, I've heard that people say sawk and throh are too similar to the Hitmons from Gen 1.
I actually didn’t find Emboar to be that bad. Heat Crash is a very good physical Fire move that can deal massive damage on Klinklang and even Skarmory. Plus Emboar being able to learn Scald keeps Ground weary and provides Emboar with much mor coverage.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I actually didn’t find Emboar to be that bad. Heat Crash is a very good physical Fire move that can deal massive damage on Klinklang and even Skarmory. Plus Emboar being able to learn Scald keeps Ground weary and provides Emboar with much mor coverage.
I like Emboar, Tepig is usually my go-to starter in Gen V, and the combo of Tepig, Pansage and Roggenrola can get you smoothly through Black and White's early game. However I have grown to HATE Sawk and Throh, mainly because of how hard they are to get past when an NPC trainer has them. The first few times I played through X and Y, I had to carefully tiptoe around that one Battle Girl in Reflection Cave with a Throh and Hawlucha, because she would always flatten my entire team. Using Ghost-types like Golett and Honedge made it slightly easier, but I still dread whenever a trainer sends out Sawk or Throh.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Maractus is a favorite of mine, even went out of my way to shiny hunt for it back in the BW days. I get that it's a rare encounter in a side area in one game that literally no trainer in-game uses so it's fair that it's forgettable. I think it only got a little bit of traction recently was the meme of "How can I play Sword and Shield if Maractus isn't in it?!?!" that went around before Maractus got confirmed to be in it.

Other than that, I bet on Finneon and Lumineon being super forgettable by most people. I think they're bland designs, literally Finneon is probably the most basic fish design right next to Basculin (and at least that gets the benefit of having the unique Red and Blue stripe variations to it). Lumineon also has a really pathetic moveset, nothing I see myself calling special. I'd argue that Finneon and Lumineon are tied with Goldeen and Seaking for "most boring fish Pokemon" but Goldeen got its fame by being on Misty's team in the anime series. It also doesn't help that there's a lot of water types in general, so it just got the bad end of the stick. Sorry Finneon and Lumineon.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I like Emboar, Tepig is usually my go-to starter in Gen V, and the combo of Tepig, Pansage and Roggenrola can get you smoothly through Black and White's early game. However I have grown to HATE Sawk and Throh, mainly because of how hard they are to get past when an NPC trainer has them. The first few times I played through X and Y, I had to carefully tiptoe around that one Battle Girl in Reflection Cave with a Throh and Hawlucha, because she would always flatten my entire team. Using Ghost-types like Golett and Honedge made it slightly easier, but I still dread whenever a trainer sends out Sawk or Throh.

Because of Sturdy. I think only Sawk has it, though.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
You're right, and it's even weirder when you consider that Iris owned a Doryuzu (Excadrill) in the anime, yet that doesn't seem to have made the species popular with the fandom.

Maybe because it wasn’t a Dragon-type? Iris did have an Emolga as well, and that wasn’t a Dragon type.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think Excadrill is forgotten in the anime because Iris rarely had it out of its Poké Ball outside of the Don episodes. She used only once during a battle with Georgia and that pretty much was it. The Battle Don episode’s were the only other time she ever battled with it.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
It helps that Emonga (Emolga) was a Pikachu clone, which boosted its popularity. In the case of Doryuzu (Excadrill) however, I think its design might have been its downfall since it doesn't look particularly cute or cool.

Pretty much all the female protagonists in the anime have owned a Pika-clone, like Dawn with Pachirisu and Bonnie with Dedenne. The exception being Sophocles and his Togedemaru.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Pretty much all the female protagonists in the anime have owned a Pika-clone

Could Jessie be considered a villain protagonist and Mimikyu a Pika-clone?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think a vast majority of Gen V Pokemon would qualify.
Hydreigon's really my only favorite that hasn't been forgotten by the fandom, but Pokemedia hardly uses his line at all so I guess he sorta counts?
Then you've got Braviary, the fossils, starters, Druddigon, Volcarona, Galvantula, Seismitoad, Zebstrika, Eelectross, the legendaries not called Zekrom/Reshiram....
Phantump
Zorua - 'tis what happens when he's restricted to an gen 4 related event in his debut game, then made a gift mon instead of letting him get caught. I love the BW games, but they really made a mistake on how they handled Zorua, literally impossible to get it on BW 1 now without trading from BW 2.
Noivern/Goodra
Spheal line
Volcanion - Unique awesome typing we'll probably never see again... come on! >.>
And the Johto starters, both fandom and the Pokemon franchise hardly mention them or use them.... they do need serious buffing though
Raichu - I love Pikachu, but I'm honestly tired of how Raichu doesn't get much love nor much focus at all in anything
Raikou - I blame the anime on this one.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Hydreigon's really my only favorite that hasn't been forgotten by the fandom, but Pokemedia hardly uses his line at all so I guess he sorta counts?

I think Ghetsis using one means Hydreigon is saved from total forgetfulness by the fandom, but he still hasn’t really appeared in anything major since Gen 5.

Raichu - I love Pikachu, but I'm honestly tired of how Raichu doesn't get much love nor much focus at all in anything

I mostly blame Ash for not letting his Pikachu evolve into Raichu after his fight with Lt. Surge for this one. At least now in Gen 7, it gets a little more love with an Alolan form, and Hau using one.

Raikou - I blame the anime on this one.

Entei and Suicune had two movies and many appearances in the anime (Suicune being the mascot of Crystal), whereas Raikou was pushed aside in a side-story that wasn’t seen everywhere. Raikou is easily the least-loved member of the legendary Johto beasts.

Could Jessie be considered a villain protagonist and Mimikyu a Pika-clone?

I don’t really consider Mimikyu a Pika-clone since it’s just a black blob of darkness that dresses itself up as Pikachu, and it could theoretically dress up as any other Pokemon (as I’ve seen in some fan art).