• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon you like which you feel are very often forgotten.

Fushiki

The question is pretty simple. Are there any Pokémon you like a lot but, at the same time, you have the feeling are very often forgotten?

I'll provide to start with one of my personal favourites to make an example... Maractus, which objectively is not one of the most popular Pokémon out there. I think it looks really dreamy and, personally, I can't resist to its festive attitude.

So... What about you?
It can be any Pokémon, as long as you have the feeling it gets often forgotten.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Dhelmise. It’s not the anchor, as most people think it is, but rather the seaweed, which I think is pretty clever. It’s seaweed that’s become possessed by a ghostly force and attached itself to an old, rusting anchor.

derekrandall

Dhelmise. It’s not the anchor, as most people think it is, but rather the seaweed, which I think is pretty clever. It’s seaweed that’s become possessed by a ghostly force and attached itself to an old, rusting anchor.

Wow, you got me there. I literally feel like I have never seen this Pokémon before. How can I call myself a Pokémon mega fan?! I’m so confused. Hahaha.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Tranquill. I think it looks really cool. But many just see it as a forgettable regional bird.

Unfezant as well. I think it's kind of cool that the male and female versions each have a different form, something all the other regional birds don't have. I used a female Unfezant in both my playthroughs of Black (the original) and Black 2.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
With Porygon, it's mainly the scandal of the seizure incident
Farfetch'd, Primeape, Porygon and Ledian.
To be honest, I think the Porygon line is a well-known Pokemon line despite that one episode. To be more accurate, this a Pokemon line that just refuses to be forgotten in the Pokemon Adventures Manga, the Pokemon TCG, official competitive Pokemon tournaments where this Pokemon's line is a way too common sight thanks to eviolite and finally GameFreak has given this Pokemon a lot of love with two trade evolutions in the past and more recently have given it in the hands of Colress and Gladion. If anything, I think that episode controversy may have actually popularize Porygon even further to Pokemon audiences.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
With Porygon, it's mainly the scandal of the seizure incident

To be honest, I think the Porygon line is a well-known Pokemon line despite that one episode. To be more accurate, this a Pokemon line that just refuses to be forgotten in the Pokemon Adventures Manga, the Pokemon TCG, official competitive Pokemon tournaments where this Pokemon's line is a way too common sight thanks to eviolite and finally GameFreak has given this Pokemon a lot of love with two trade evolutions in the past and more recently have given it in the hands of Colress and Gladion. If anything, I think that episode controversy may have actually popularize Porygon even further to Pokemon audiences.

Porygon wasn’t the cause of the infamous seizure-inducing scene, it was Pikachu. So by that logic, Pikachu should be banned. XD

I love Ekans and Arbok, they are one of my favorite Pokémon .

Though they seem to be forgotten, I still always trade an Ekans that I breed into each game to raise so I can have one; along with a few Egg Moves or Tutor moves.

Sometimes wish the old misquote from 4Kids that Seviper evolved from Ekans/Arbok had been true, because I like Sevipee too. Lol

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I can think of a few. Audino and it’s Mega seems to be forgotten all the time. I’ve never seen anyone use Audino in any of its forms and after BW, the anime has even ignored it. Same thing for Basculin which is the only other Pokémon to have three standard Abilities with two being exclusive to each of its forms. Event Rockruff is the other Pokémon. Out of the regional birds, Ducklett/Swanna and the Pidove line are rarely mentioned. For regional rodent/mammal, no one talks about Sentret/Furret, Bunnelby/Diggersby, or Bibarel that often. Bidoof is remembered mainly for the memes and its status of being an HM slave. The Vivillion line is also quite forgotten as no one really ever trades for the patterns anymore, the two event patterns were only released to the public through events once, and Viola being the only 8n game Trainer to ever use one. Alola could have been a region where it could be found quite easily given the climate and the fact that XY said that Vivillion and its line were found worldwide as a way to explain all of the patterns.