• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon you like which you feel are very often forgotten.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
It's kind of sad that some people only remember Gen 5 because of Trubbish, Vanillite and Klink.

It really sucks that the hate is all those three are known for. I actually think Trubbish and Vanillite are really cute, and that their lines do have interesting concepts. The Klink line on the other hand, heavily roasted as the "laziest" Pokemon design to date, being just a "gear with faces that only adds more gears". Even the line's Japanese names clearly just say "Gear", that add to it with each evolution.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
They've tried to pretend them and Jynx don't exist

Porygon because of… what Pokemon Power said, and Jynx for allegedly being a racist stereotype (when it’s actually based on ganguro, a style in Japan of putting on fake tan and bright makeup).

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Porygon because of… what Pokemon Power said, and Jynx for allegedly being a racist stereotype (when it’s actually based on ganguro, a style in Japan of putting on fake tan and bright makeup).
You can't really blame them as usa was kinda mean to African Americans for long time

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The Unown are very much underutilized in both the games and anime. I know that they are virtually useless outside of the first two Johto Gyms but GF really should give them some buffs and love. Let them at least learn Secret Power, Cosmic Power, And Stored Power. Those moves would fit the Power theme of Unown. And I’ve never seen anyone talk about the Gothita line that much despite being very similar to the Ralts family. Gothitelle has a very interesting design and lore around it. And quite honestly I’m really surprised that Olympia didn’t even own or use one in both the games and anime. Gothitelle supposedly has connections to the stars which are important to astrology and fortune telling which is clearly Olympia’s theme. It was such a missed opportunity and it isn’t like the Gothita line wasn’t in the Kalos Dex.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
The Unown are very much underutilized in both the games and anime. I know that they are virtually useless outside of the first two Johto Gyms but GF really should give them some buffs and love. Let them at least learn Secret Power, Cosmic Power, And Stored Power. Those moves would fit the Power theme of Unown. And I’ve never seen anyone talk about the Gothita line that much despite being very similar to the Ralts family. Gothitelle has a very interesting design and lore around it. And quite honestly I’m really surprised that Olympia didn’t even own or use one in both the games and anime. Gothitelle supposedly has connections to the stars which are important to astrology and fortune telling which is clearly Olympia’s theme. It was such a missed opportunity and it isn’t like the Gothita line wasn’t in the Kalos Dex.

The Gothita line actually did exist in the Kalos Dex. The only reason Gothitelle was known for lately was being a Shadow Tag abuser.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Heatran is also a neglected Pokémon at least in the anime. It has a cool concept and typing yet it is rarely talked about. Plus the fact that it is the only Legendary to be able to either gender is very interesting. I keep wondering why that is since there’s no official explanation for it.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Probably cause Heatran looks like it's made of baked beans.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Jynx, because of the stereotype and sex appeal. With its busty figure/big boobs.

I definitely get a sex appeal vibe from it.

Am I weird for getting that from Tsareena?

TRNRLogan

I used Maractus, Sawk, Zebstrika, Unfezant, Darmanitan, and Stoutland in my Black playthrough.

So y'know most of them. And honestly most gen 5 pokemon in general .

elwisheight

That’s just the brutal nature of competitive Pokémon play. There’s a best ‘mon for a specific team role, and everything else is disregarded. It’s a pity, if you ask me. In this rundown, then, we’re going to celebrate the poor, forgotten runts of the Poké-litter. We’re also going to remember exactly why we’re so picky with our team members, with some of the most questionable Pokémon of all.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
And honestly most gen 5 pokemon in general .

I feel like Gen 5 unfairly gets a lot of hate because of Trubbish and Vanillite, but it did have some hidden gems too.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I love Gliscor. He is hopelessly underrated, and it’s been 2 gens since he’s been available. Waiting for Sinnoh remakes.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I would argue the Gen 2 starters - particularly the final forms - don't get near as much love or recognition despite being my favorite starter trio. My guess is because a lot of the other gens have gone out of their way to give their starters secondary typing or other forms of competitive viability.