• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon you like which you feel are very often forgotten.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Glameow and Purugly. Am I correct in thinking that theyve not been natively available since DPPT? Apart from an obscure mirage island in ORAS?
To be specific they are only available in Pearl (Diamond players get Stunky instead). Don’t recall if Glameow was obtainable in BW2 though (to my knowledge Glameow does not appear in BW).

MrJechgo

Bug/Grass... all of them... Parasect, Wormadam, Leavanny... It doesn't help that they have 4x weaknesses to Fire and Flying. At this point, it's a good thing they don't have another 4x weakness to Poison (which was previously super-effective to Bug)...

MrJechgo

Marcargo... oh boy...
  • Fire/Rock; that's 4x weak to Water and Ground
  • Very slow; and no, Weak Armor isn't helping much...
  • Not the sturdiest
  • Coalossal is a much better choice; if you make it tank a Fire attack to activate Steam Engine
I'm almost wishing for a bull/minotaur Fire/Rock Pokémon with decent stats, or a Fire/Rock fossil Pokémon who can take a hit or 2...

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I think Spinda is mostly forgotten about in most Pokemon related merchandise and media. The only thing it is remembered for are its randomized spot patterns. It barely made any appearances in the anime and it is rarely used by NPCs outside of the Battle Tower and other similar facilities.

MrJechgo

I think Spinda is mostly forgotten about in most Pokemon related merchandise and media. The only thing it is remembered for are its randomized spot patterns. It barely made any appearances in the anime and it is rarely used by NPCs outside of the Battle Tower and other similar facilities.
Can we say this for any Pokémon with no evolution? That's the point of Pokémon and the appeal of evolving your team. When you have a Pokémon with no evolution, it... kinda defeats the purpose when there's no payoff ^^;

How many people were hyped that Farfetch'd received an evolution in Gen 8 :p ?

Kangaskhan, Ditto, Pinsir, Tauros, Lapras, Aerodactyl, Unown, Girafarig, Dunsparce, Qwilfish, Delibird, Stantler, Smeargle, Miltank... That's just fior Gens 1 and 2.

For instance, why don't we have a veal Baby Pokémon that evolves into Miltank is Female and Tauros is Male, to further evolve into Bouffalant?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Can we say this for any Pokémon with no evolution? That's the point of Pokémon and the appeal of evolving your team. When you have a Pokémon with no evolution, it... kinda defeats the purpose when there's no payoff ^^;

How many people were hyped that Farfetch'd received an evolution in Gen 8 :p ?

Kangaskhan, Ditto, Pinsir, Tauros, Lapras, Aerodactyl, Unown, Girafarig, Dunsparce, Qwilfish, Delibird, Stantler, Smeargle, Miltank... That's just fior Gens 1 and 2.

For instance, why don't we have a veal Baby Pokémon that evolves into Miltank is Female and Tauros is Male, to further evolve into Bouffalant?
But a few of those Pokémon have always been popular in use particularly Lapras, Aerodactyl, And Smeargle And Ditto to a lesser degree. Kangaskhan got some usage but became extremely popular during the Mega Evolution days.

MrJechgo

But a few of those Pokémon have always been popular in use particularly Lapras, Aerodactyl, And Smeargle And Ditto to a lesser degree. Kangaskhan got some usage but became extremely popular during the Mega Evolution days.
I agree that some are useful, but it's hard to not see that many have no purpose ^^; Mega evolutions have been phased out like Z-Moves.

Kangaskhan, Lapras and Aerodactyl could use pre-evos. As for Smeargle and Ditto, it's harder due to their gimmicky movesets, but... we said that about Wobbuffet... and it got Wynaut :p

MrJechgo

Florges, Aromatisse, Slurpuff, Carbink and Klefki... feel like one-time Gen 6 offers... "Hey! Here is the Fairy type, and here are a bunch of Fairy Pokémon!"
  • Florges could have gotten a Grass/Fairy regional form.
  • Aromatisse could have gotten a Fairy/Flying flamingo evolution
  • Slurpuff could have gotten a bigger ice cream form as an evolution
  • Klefki could have gotten a lock or a vault evolution
  • Carbink should have gotten Diancie as an actual evolution; dude, the dex entry for Diancie is "A sudden transformation of Carbink, its pink, glimmering body is said to be the loveliest sight in the whole world". I dunno why they made it a mythical.
Unless I'm getting things wrong, we haven't gotten a mythical Pokémon with a bigger populairty and usage as Meltan and Melmetal.

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
Florges, Aromatisse, Slurpuff, Carbink and Klefki... feel like one-time Gen 6 offers... "Hey! Here is the Fairy type, and here are a bunch of Fairy Pokémon!"
  • Florges could have gotten a Grass/Fairy regional form.
  • Aromatisse could have gotten a Fairy/Flying flamingo evolution
  • Slurpuff could have gotten a bigger ice cream form as an evolution
  • Klefki could have gotten a lock or a vault evolution
  • Carbink should have gotten Diancie as an actual evolution; dude, the dex entry for Diancie is "A sudden transformation of Carbink, its pink, glimmering body is said to be the loveliest sight in the whole world". I dunno why they made it a mythical.
Unless I'm getting things wrong, we haven't gotten a mythical Pokémon with a bigger populairty and usage as Meltan and Melmetal.
I wouldn't agree that Klefki is forgotten since the DLC as it still seems some use on the competitive scene. Carbink perhaps, but its quite a common overworld encounter in the Crown Tundra. I think some of the other pokemon in this thread are more forgotten in that they haven't featured in recent games at all, haven't featured in a regional Dex since their introduction, haven't seen any competitive use etc. I do agree about the Diancie/Carbink evolution point you make though, and Florges (not even available yet in gen VIII) I would definitely say is in the bargain bin at the moment. This is all just my opinion though and I do agree that many of those you listed lack popularity.

I do wonder if this and many other forgotten examples in this thread may see some resurgence by way of being made available in the next Gen VIII game/games? I.e. those such as Deerling/Sawsbuck, Florges etc. That are not yet available in Gen VIII. They could feel less forgotten if they appear as overworld encounters, are used by trainers etc. In the hypothetical next instalments.

Monox D. I-Fly

Bruxish. I forgot this Pokémon even existed until I was replaying the Battle Tree in Ultra Moon. I never see it mentioned anywhere.
It was one of my ace cards in the TCG due to his attack which can deal 60 damage to a wounded Pokemon. But again, I only ever use Water so it's no wonder I remember it.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
I think Alola gave Corsola some love with it being the main target of Mareanie. I feel bad for it now but it still gets some love even if it’s a tiny bit.

I was thinking the same as the closest thing to it getting any real love recently is that ORAS’s version of Glacia uses one in battle no matter if it’s the initial challenge or a rematch. Candice was the only other major Trainer in the ga,es to use one.
In case any of you’ve already forgotten, Shauntal used a Froslass in B2W2 for all rematches.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I'd say finneon and lumineon. Not a particularly interesting moveset, stats are quite bad. It has generic abilities for a water type. In its own generation, there are much more visually interesting and popular (buizel, piplup) or competitively useful (gastrodon, Manaphy) water types. There are already so many fish pokemon. This one just doesn't stand out for any reason.

According to the pokedex, Lumineon's gimmick is that it swims near the sea floor and flashes bright lights. The pokedex even references that Lanturn already does that. But chinchou are lanturn (not exactly being a-listers themselves) are more well-known in the fandom. Since Chinchou is a solid choice for little cup, and it has an unusual typing.

The only Lumineon to show up significantly in the anime was Zoe's and that one didn't exactly have a lot of personality. It barely exists in the manga Even Sinnoh's own water type gym leader doesn't use it. In fact there isn't a single one in the Pastoria Gym.

Last edited:

Monox D. I-Fly

I'd say finneon and lumineon. Not a particularly interesting moveset, stats are quite bad. It has generic abilities for a water type. In its own generation, there are much more visually interesting and popular (buizel, piplup) or competitively useful (gastrodon, Manaphy) water types. There are already so many fish pokemon. This one just doesn't stand out for any reason.
For me, Finneon is more visually interesting than the other four you mentioned. Only Buizel comes close. Piplup is just a plain penguin, Gastrodon is even less flashy than its real world inspiration, and Manaphy is just a chibi ray. Meanwhile, Finneon is a bioluminescent fish whose tail looks like a butterfly.