• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon you like which you feel are very often forgotten.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
There's two Pokemon families that I love and sadly haven't been easily available since their original generations.
Shinx/Luxio/Luxray are great Electric types that haven't appeared since DPPL. They were a mainstay on any of my teams and I'll be glad to use one again in BDSP!
Deerling/Sawsbuck are another personal favorite since I love deer and find them more appealing than Stantler. Sadly their seasonal gimmick was exclusive to Generation 5. And any generations afterwards you can only encounter their spring forms. I wish we could easily catch the different forms without the seasons being programmed into the game.
Shinx, Luxio and Luxray all can be found on the Isle of Armor.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I'm one of the few people who went with Chespin, the most forgotten starter of all time, concerning Generation VI. Most people remember Quilladin, since it looks like an ugly Grass-type counterpart of Pignite, but Chesnaught is easily one of the least considered Pokémon in history.

With that said, I really like Chesnaught and how it "stole" the Fighting-type part characterizing the Fire- starters of the three previous Generations.

I personally think Chesnaught looks pretty cool. It's real sad that the only thing the Chespin line is remembered for is how "ugly" Quilladin is.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Quilladin reminds me of the insane serial killer of a horror movie. I really like Chespin and Chesnaught but Quilladin makes me not want to use the line because that creepy blank stare freaks me out. Seel and Dewgong both seem pretty forgotten. The fact that they aren’t even found in the Crown Tundra is very odd since multiple Dex entries have said that they live in frigid waters.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Seel and Dewgong both seem pretty forgotten. The fact that they aren’t even found in the Crown Tundra is very odd since multiple Dex entries have said that they live in frigid waters.

I noticed that based on regional Dex inclusion, Dewgong seems to be overshadowed by Walrein these days, due to the latter being bulkier and making use of Ice Body to thrive on Hail teams.

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
I always thought Castform was the coolest little guy when I was a kid. He still pops into my head when I think back to playing R/S/E when they were current. I feel he's forgotten by most.

On a similar note, Deerling/Sawsbuck.

NeedsAName

I always thought Castform was the coolest little guy when I was a kid. He still pops into my head when I think back to playing R/S/E when they were current. I feel he's forgotten by most.

On a similar note, Deerling/Sawsbuck.
Þat's what happens to a lot of gimmick Pokémon. Þey get þrown out as soon as a new generation is reached, regardless of what fans þink. Rotom's a weird exception.

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
Þat's what happens to a lot of gimmick Pokémon. Þey get þrown out as soon as a new generation is reached, regardless of what fans þink. Rotom's a weird exception.
Only reason for that being that Rotom’s described abilities made it a good candidate for animating and giving personality to the Pokédex. I’m sure it would have also fallen by the wayside had it not been for RotomDex. Especially post-Dexit, considering the form-changing mechanic would have been an easy justification for not including it in Sw/Sh.

Maybe I’m misremembering, but I don’t even recall Rotom being a huge fan-favorite pre-gen 7.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
To be fair, Seel and Dewgong are one of the most bland designs in Pokemon.
To also be fair, I've got a pretty strong feeling that seel at least has a disproportionately bad rap design-wise due to its particularly unimaginative name. Its visual design is actually a pretty neat, yet natural-feeling blend of seal pup, narwhal, walrus and puppy.

Though dewgong's got to be one of, if not the biggest duds in terms of an evolution design, and perhaps the fact that all of seel's non-pinniped elements are reduced rather than expounded on adds to the perception of seel as little more than just some seal.

Also, water type. Water type with flippers, no less.