• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon you often forget exist

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I don’t think I’ve ever forgotten that a Pokémon exists. I usually forget how to spell certain names and/or where they can be found.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Completely forgot most of the Johto Dex like Politoed, Delibird, and Ursaring

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ignition said:
Completely forgot most of the Johto Dex like Politoed, Delibird, and Ursaring

Since two of those Pokemon were version exclusives in the Jouto games, I also tend to forget that they exist. But I've used a Nyorotono (Politoed) in both Gold and Silver, so to me it's rather memorable even though getting one is somewhat irksome due to trade evolution being necessary.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I think those Pokemon are a bit more remember-able now because they have evolutions, but back in Gen 1, they were standalone Pokemon that didn’t evolve at all

So while I do remember this Pokemon now, there was a time I did forget this Pokemon and that would be Surskuit and Masquerain from the original Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire games. In fact when I first saw Masquerain, I had absolutely no clue what it evolved from and I was a little surprised it was Surskuit of all Pokemon. Now you can see some resemblance but back than, it was pretty surprising to see a water-walking bug evolve into a giant winged bug.

Funny. I forget Tangrowth and Masquerain, but have always remembered Tangela and Surskit. Even before Gen 4

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Funny. I forget Tangrowth and Masquerain, but have always remembered Tangela and Surskit. Even before Gen 4
That's generally me as well. I remember Tangela a bit more than Surskit though.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Since two of those Pokemon were version exclusives in the Jouto games, I also tend to forget that they exist. But I've used a Nyorotono (Politoed) in both Gold and Silver, so to me it's rather memorable even though getting one is somewhat irksome due to trade evolution being necessary.

Teddiursa and Ursaring were actually exclusive to Gold in the originals, then it was swapped around to SoulSilver in the remakes. The same thing also happened with Phanpy and Donphan, who were exclusive to Silver in the originals and HeartGold in the remakes. It’s the only time Pokemon have ever switched their version exclusivity between games.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
A lot of the annoying first-route Normal-type Pokemon I forget. Sentret, Bidoof, Patrat and Bunnelby come to mind. Granted, Bidoof does have like a million memes about it, and Clemont did own a Bunnelby in the XY anime, but otherwise they’re just forgettable to me. Lenora also had Watchog, Patrat’s evolution, in her Gym in Unova.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
A lot of Alola Pokémon, because they're very forgettable to me despite having a small number. Pokemon like Bruxish, Drampa, Shiinotic. Of course, there are Pokémon I forget about from other regions as well, such as Maractus.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
One particular is Burmy. It's kind of cute gimmick pokemon, but it isn't good at all, its evolutions are awful and there is better bug types anywhere else.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
One particular is Burmy. It's kind of cute gimmick pokemon, but it isn't good at all, its evolutions are awful and there is better bug types anywhere else.
Totally agree with you. You'd think that Wormadam, a Pokemon with three different forms, types and movesets depending on where you evolve it, would have a lot of potential. Maybe if it was released in Gen V, but it's hugely forgettable

A lot of Alola Pokémon, because they're very forgettable to me despite having a small number
I disagree with you; the small number of Alola Pokemon makes it easy to remember(though the fact they have unique designs and powers helps). Though I tend to forget Komala a bunch. Also the event Pokemon of this generation

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Maractus is probably the biggest one I forget exists most of the time because it's pretty terrible in every single way, but not so terrible that it has comedic value like Luvdisc or Delibird or something. I'm just not sure why it exists except to bloat B/W's new Pokemon count. It doesn't even have a unique design, it just looks like something that belongs as a second-stage evolution between Cacnea and Cacturne. Hope it gets some kind of buff or even an evolution in the future to make it less awful.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Might get some hate for this considering a lot of people seem to like them, but honestly, I find a lot of Kalos Pokemon very forgettable. Like, I don't forget names or anything, but often I'll see a Pokemon from Kalos and be like, "Oh yeah, that thing exists."

I don't know what it is, but X/Y was one of those games I actually had a hard time picking my team because there weren't that many Pokemon that really appealed to me, aside from like... Delphox and Pangoro and Goodra. If I wanted to repeat types and it wasn't such a late-game Pokemon, I would have used Noivern as well. And... that's pretty much it.

I think it might be because not a lot of Kalos Pokemon really felt that unique to me. Like in Alola, literally every new Pokemon introduced has either a unique type combination, a new ability, or its own exclusive attack, and that to me helps make them feel far more memorable. You can't really say the same about Kalos.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I don't know what it is, but X/Y was one of those games I actually had a hard time picking my team because there weren't that many Pokemon that really appealed to me, aside from like... Delphox and Pangoro and Goodra. If I wanted to repeat types and it wasn't such a late-game Pokemon, I would have used Noivern as well. And... that's pretty much it.

I actually repeated types in my Black team as well: Emboar and Mienshao. It was unintentional though; I’d watched Marriland’s LP of Black 2 and saw he had a Mienshao, and I wanted to use one too. I think I temporarily forgot that Emboar was a Fighting type as well, one of the many Fire/Fighting starters. XD

Kalos didn’t have a lot of new ‘mons, there were only like 70 or something compared to Unova’s 156. The Kalos Dex was mostly filled with ‘mons from the previous generations (not counting Sylveon as a cross-gen evo), so my X team has very little Kalos natives, save for Delphox and Talonflame. It’s one of the reasons why I often forget about Kalos.

Maractus is probably the biggest one I forget exists most of the time because it's pretty terrible in every single way, but not so terrible that it has comedic value like Luvdisc or Delibird or something. I'm just not sure why it exists except to bloat B/W's new Pokemon count. It doesn't even have a unique design, it just looks like something that belongs as a second-stage evolution between Cacnea and Cacturne. Hope it gets some kind of buff or even an evolution in the future to make it less awful.

Maractus and Alomomola are two Pokemon I often forget exist. (Why wasn't Alomomola just a Luvdisc evo? It feels pretty pointless on it's own).

Or why isn’t Bouffalant an evolution of Tauros? A lot of Unova ‘mons look like they should evolve from or into something. Due to their similarities, I actually though Throh evolved into Sawk at first. XD