• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon you often forget exist

Dedenne and Togedemaru. I forgot that I forget these Pokemon exist, so I had to look at the list of Pokemon to remember which Pokemon I forget exists. Whoops...

Leonhart

Imagineer
CosmicDragon said:
Dedenne and Togedemaru. I forgot that I forget these Pokemon exist, so I had to look at the list of Pokemon to remember which Pokemon I forget exists. Whoops...

Out of all the Pikachu clones I find the Hoenn ones to be the most forgettable, although Togedemaru is also pretty unmemorable. Dedenne on the other hand is one of the few Pikachu clones that I have no trouble remembering, because I'll never get over the fact that it looks like a chibified Raichu.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Out of all the Pikachu clones I find the Hoenn ones to be the most forgettable, although Togedemaru is also pretty unmemorable. Dedenne on the other hand is one of the few Pikachu clones that I have no trouble remembering, because I'll never get over the fact that it looks like a chibified Raichu.

I actually thought Dedenne was going to evolve into Raichu when it was first revealed. They do look very similar, don’t they?

Marzbar

Carnivine.

An obscure, random and competitively awful Pokémon that is not only forgettable and doesn’t have much presence in the game, but it’s also kind of awkward looking and doesn’t feel like a Pokémon.

Marzbar

I thought the same thing with the Trapinch family. I was like, “How does a… crab thing evolve into a dragonfly and then a flying desert dragon?” Hoenn had some weird evolutions.
Trapinch is an antlion (ant lion). They are real things that dig steep pits in the soil/sand to catch ants, and they wait at the bottom of the pit submerged with their jaws facing up. I used to catch them as a kid. Google image it. And they happen to be the larval stage of a lacewing, similar to a dragonfly. Which is what Flygon and Vibrava are: lacewings. Which is why it’s weird they aren’t bug type.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Trapinch is an antlion (ant lion). They are real things that dig steep pits in the soil/sand to catch ants, and they wait at the bottom of the pit submerged with their jaws facing up. I used to catch them as a kid. Google image it. And they happen to be the larval stage of a lacewing, similar to a dragonfly. Which is what Flygon and Vibrava are: lacewings. Which is why it’s weird they aren’t bug type.

Oh, I get it, DRAGON-fly. Which is why Flygon is a Dragon type. Still not a Flying type, though.

I only remember it because of James' Carnivine from the anime.

And it was always trying to eat him, like his Victreebel used to do. XD

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Volcanion, despite its unique typing, isn't a Pokemon I particularly remember

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedJirachi said:
Volcanion, despite its unique typing, isn't a Pokemon I particularly remember

Volcanion was practically overshadowed by Magearna, both in the movie and in real life. I feel like once Magearna debuted nobody even cared about Volcanion anymore since by that point Gen VII hype was beginning in earnest, plus Volcanion had already been known for about two years due to people leaking its data from X/Y.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
And I don't even remember Magearna that much since while a mythical Pokemon it's not an event Pokemon. Deoxys fits that in ORAS, but it had a sub-plot to help(and was already a decade old at that point)

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
And I don't even remember Magearna that much since while a mythical Pokemon it's not an event Pokemon. Deoxys fits that in ORAS, but it had a sub-plot to help(and was already a decade old at that point)

What they did with Deoxys in OR/AS was pretty neat. I think it was like a reference to the old rumours back when R/S/E were out that when the Mossdeep rocket launched a certain number of times (usually 99 or 100), you could fly to the moon and battle Deoxys.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What they did with Deoxys in OR/AS was pretty neat. I think it was like a reference to the old rumours back when R/S/E were out that when the Mossdeep rocket launched a certain number of times (usually 99 or 100), you could fly to the moon and battle Deoxys.
Maybe, but I think it's more likely a reference to Destiny Deoxys with the whole Rayquaza v Deoxys

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Maybe, but I think it's more likely a reference to Destiny Deoxys with the whole Rayquaza v Deoxys

Well, at least that rumour did come true eventually. Now for that Mew under the truck in Vermilion... ;)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I don't forget them. Listing them all might take me a while, but I can definitely remember each one.