• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon you thought would suck, but have surprised you

Onore

Nothing Special
Honestly when I first saw a Fufrou in the wild I was like okay that's cool I can take him to the parlour and stuff. I named him Gus. I trained him a bit. I am not far into the game, most of my pokes are at around 20-25 lev, but already Gus is a powerhouse!

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I thought Talonflame was pretty surprising. Although it is frail like most people say, attach a Choice Band to it and use Brave Bird with Gale Wings, I've got a lot of wins using Talonflame. :3

Same here!

Also, Greninja once I discovered how useful Protean is. Also Belly Drum + Aqua Jet Azumarill is great!

I thought Excadrill in the anime looked stupid and overdesigned, then i played white, now he is my fave pokemon after ivysaur, phanpy, heracross,klefki,goomy line,haunter,horsea line,yanmega,sceptile, and a bunch of others.(he is top 5)

How is he top 5 when u name lots of pkmn???

a pokmen that surpirise me is the snorlax. i think to myself, snorlax is not good because it is fat. then snorlax defeat a gym leader all itself!!!! :')

§¤¥Luke¥¤§

Poke-Trainer
Florges surprised me this gen. I thought that it would look good but be weak. But wow, it helped me so much trough the game.

Oshwatt

Tentacruel surprised me along with Hypno (I still terrified of him because him might wisk me away), and even Bibarel.

Keovix

In B2/W2 Sigilyph surprised me the most, ended up using it against the E4, it had a mixed moveset and it was pretty useful. And this gen Fletchling/Talonflame, I saw as the obvious choice to fly between cities but it turned out to be a very good Pokemon.

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
Pikachu, Plusle, Minun, Dedene, Emolga, and even Pacharisu can all be pretty good... I thought they were terrible, but I've beaten OU teams with them.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Pikachu, Plusle, Minun, Dedene, Emolga, and even Pacharisu can all be pretty good... I thought they were terrible, but I've beaten OU teams with them.

I could understand Pikachu because... Light Ball... But the others? How could you? Specially Plusle and Minun.

Megahound

Banned
Gliscor because I thought Gligar was weak and Gliscor wasn't gonna be a whole lot stronger but when I got one I saw that it was good.

Monek_OP

bernie2016
Hmmm ... Charizard. I didn't like it because I thought it was overrtaed, but now ... I like it and use it!

doze stealth rocks doe

TaurosRicardo

Azumarill, Talonflame, Klefki, Goodra, Florges, Amoonguss, and many more pokemon

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Hmmm ... Charizard. I didn't like it because I thought it was overrtaed, but now ... I like it and use it!

doze stealth rocks doe

I've used Mega-Charizard Y, and like wow! Ir OHKOed a Salamence! Way better Sun inducer than Ninetails...
You just need to get rid of Stealth Rock, though.

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
I could understand Pikachu because... Light Ball... But the others? How could you? Specially Plusle and Minun.

I ran an entire team with these 6, and I've beaten about a 3rd of all teams I fight in OU. Then again, I AM fighting the lowest common denominator, but it's still pretty sad. :p

Mega Banette seems like crap, but Prankster Destiny Bond is annoyingly good.

alejandrawr

Talonflame - "Guaranteed priority off of what? Base 80-something attack? lol!"
Azumarill, but in my defense this was based off of Gen 2. Took me Gen 4 to even notice it had Huge Power, and then I realized it was pretty good. Wasn't until Gen 6 when it got fairy typing and such a nice looking 3D model that it appealed to me and became one of my favorite 'mons.
Mega Pinsir - Crap design, crappish non-Mega form, thought it was garbage. lo and behold, one of the most dangerous threats in OU. I also forgot it had such good coverage with EQ/CC, I figured Aerillate flying STAB and a megahorn or something would be the extent of it's type coverage.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
When Flabebe was first mentioned in Serebii, I was liek "EWWWWWW. LOOKIE THAT THING HOLDING A FLOWER FOR SUPPORT AND SH*T!!!"
But when. i saw AZ's Floette, I cried like a baby ;_; Then I was like "IS THAT A POKEMON?! I WANT IT!!!!!"

Then i actually chained for Flabebe for weeks and hours... Finally chained one ;w; I'll evolve it sometime in the future. I even named it after Katy Perry xD nya~

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Talonflame - "Guaranteed priority off of what? Base 80-something attack? lol!"
Azumarill, but in my defense this was based off of Gen 2. Took me Gen 4 to even notice it had Huge Power, and then I realized it was pretty good. Wasn't until Gen 6 when it got fairy typing and such a nice looking 3D model that it appealed to me and became one of my favorite 'mons.
Mega Pinsir - Crap design, crappish non-Mega form, thought it was garbage. lo and behold, one of the most dangerous threats in OU. I also forgot it had such good coverage with EQ/CC, I figured Aerillate flying STAB and a megahorn or something would be the extent of it's type coverage.

My thoughts, exactly! I really thought it wouldn't be such a trouble to my team, haha! Specially because I don't run SR

Chalis

Victorious
I used to think all single stage pokemon were horrible. Until i took the likes of heracross and snorlax.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
I thought Sableye was crap.
I still hate it, and I'm not gonna use it, but I can see how useful it is if you want to cripple those physical attackers/walls with Will-o-Wisp/Toxic.