• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokéNav Plus Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
What I found about the Pokenav was that I welcomed its expansion from the original RSE games. It was really annoying back then when you get called at random times but not now. Also, the map is easier to access, without requiring to open the menu and you could just use Fly using the Pokenav.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
For myself I think this is easier then the 'rader from DPPt and XY I prefer this it is tough to begin with but I find it easier. I've been trying to get a dexnav shiny lotad (not worked so far) but its much easier I seem to get ok chains (takes a while to get a chain) I'm not the most patient person anyway with breeding moves, good IVs but no shiny at the moment.

Flamer

Does chaining with pokenav increases the chance of getting shiny pokemon? Similar with how it works by chain fishing? Which way has the better chance of getting shiny, pokenav or horde?

According to this research, it doesn't: http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/2o6we0/data_analysis_on_dexnav_chaining_and_shiny_pokemon/

The author concluded that neither the chain length or search level have any effect on the shiny chance, however just using the dex nav does increase the chance of finding a shiny. Its been estimate that this chance is approx 1/512. This is a very rough estimate though, partly due to a small sample size and partly due to some potential oversights in the way the data was calculated. There's a fairly in depth discussion on the chances here if you're interested: http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/com..._on_dexnav_chaining_and_shiny_pokemon/cmkgdj6

Luster Purge

not enough space h--
As much as I like the DexNav, I don't really like how easy it makes it to catch rare Pokemon while just walking around early in the game. On the way to Petalburg, I was just minding my own business and I found a Ralts! Maybe it's just me, but I guess I just miss the frustration of searching for all the Pokemon. Now they're just handed to you...

The DexNav is really useful, but it also takes a lot of the fun (and frustration) out of searching for Pokemon. I admit that it is a really good time-saver and whatnot, but that kind of thing just isn't for me.​

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
As much as I like the DexNav, I don't really like how easy it makes it to catch rare Pokemon while just walking around early in the game. On the way to Petalburg, I was just minding my own business and I found a Ralts! Maybe it's just me, but I guess I just miss the frustration of searching for all the Pokemon. Now they're just handed to you...

The DexNav is really useful, but it also takes a lot of the fun (and frustration) out of searching for Pokemon. I admit that it is a really good time-saver and whatnot, but that kind of thing just isn't for me.​

Actually, the effort of searching for Pokemon and completing the Dex still lie with the player.
You still have to wander around and run in circles searching for the Pokemon.

The DexNav only keeps track of the Pokemon you've already encountered/caught. And its features only apply to these Pokemon.
DexNav is also optional. Most of the time, I have the MapNav on display.

Ralts is still rare as ever on Route 102. You have 4% chance of encountering it on RSE and ORAS.
You were just lucky. It took me a a long time before I encountered one on my playthrough.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES

If you ever had to find a Feebas in the original RSE, you'd be very happy with the change now. I'm okay with not having the frustration, since like Wulava said, you still have to encounter the Pokemon once before you can even DexNav for it.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Actually, you don't even need DexNav to find Feebas consecutively.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
If you ever had to find a Feebas in the original RSE, you'd be very happy with the change now. I'm okay with not having the frustration, since like Wulava said, you still have to encounter the Pokemon once before you can even DexNav for it.

In ORAS, there is a place in Route 119 where you will definitely find a Feebas if a wild encounter occurs. You have to fish under the bridge during daytime.

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
So I'm not sure how I missed this since launch, but I am so, so happy that you can get evolution stones from rematches through Trainer's Eye. Having to play the Super Training mini-game in X & Y to get them was quite brutal, so I'm glad that they added an alternative (although I'd still like the ability to just buy them to come back). The PokéNav Plus is just the gift that keeps on giving in this game!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I'm not sure how I missed this since launch, but I am so, so happy that you can get evolution stones from rematches through Trainer's Eye. Having to play the Super Training mini-game in X & Y to get them was quite brutal, so I'm glad that they added an alternative (although I'd still like the ability to just buy them to come back). The PokéNav Plus is just the gift that keeps on giving in this game!

To me, it's easier to get evolutionary stones through Super Training rather than to take time doing Trainer's Eye rematches.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I like the fact that it is easier to rematch trainers. A good way to train pokemon and the Dexnav is pretty good too.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I knew about that, though I've yet to win any evolutionary stones via rematches in OR/AS, though we can get some from our Secret Pals anyway, so I don't really mind.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
No I mean that before a Pokemon shows up on the Dexnav at all, you'd have to find it first. Finding it, and even consistently, is much easier now, and like you said, doesn't involve the DexNav. I was just making a comparison to how the DexNav isn't a quick fix for finding a rare Pokemon: you still have to find it first before even being able to search for it via DexNav.

In ORAS, there is a place in Route 119 where you will definitely find a Feebas if a wild encounter occurs. You have to fish under the bridge during daytime.

No I know this, I meant in the Original RSE, that wasn't the case. You had a 5% chance fishing in a select grouping of tiles that changed each day, and then you had to max the Beauty to evolve it. Getting Milotic used to be absurdly hard and could be considered worse than trying to catch a Mewtwo in a Pokeball.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
No I know this, I meant in the Original RSE, that wasn't the case. You had a 5% chance fishing in a select grouping of tiles that changed each day, and then you had to max the Beauty to evolve it. Getting Milotic used to be absurdly hard and could be considered worse than trying to catch a Mewtwo in a Pokeball.

In fact, it's more like 50% in the special tiles and there are six random ones in RSE at Route 119.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
In fact, it's more like 50% in the special tiles and there are six random ones in RSE at Route 119.

Mmm, that's different from what I remember, but I guess you know better in this instance.
Even with that being so, it doesn't change the fact that getting Milotic was needlessly difficult, and couldn't even be a fun process.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Mmm, that's different from what I remember, but I guess you know better in this instance.
Even with that being so, it doesn't change the fact that getting Milotic was needlessly difficult, and couldn't even be a fun process.

But still, it's less painful than getting it in Gen 4 Games. As I remember, in Gen 4 games, there are 4 random tiles and a 5% chance in each one you'll find a Feebas.

Lorde

It was an utter nightmare just to fish out a Feebas in R/S/E, so I'm glad it's not as difficult to find them in these games at least thanks to the new Nav.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
It was an utter nightmare just to fish out a Feebas in R/S/E, so I'm glad it's not as difficult to find them in these games at least thanks to the new Nav.

I agree with you there. Feebas should not have been made that hard to find since Magikarp wasn't hard to find. I kind of prefer the Prism Scale than the pokeblocks but that is just me. Dexnav is pretty useful in finding pokemon I must say.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES

It would have been fine to have the beauty mechanic for the evolution, but the searching portion was just so disgusting for it that it made anything else feel like a chore.

Lorde

I kind of prefer the Prism Scale than the pokeblocks but that is just me.

Same. I simply don't have patience when it comes to Pokeblocks.

These days I only use the DexNav feature to find Pokemon with held items like Lucky Eggs and stuff though.

Status
Not open for further replies.