• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokéPolice: An examination of Pokémon law enforcement and its incompetence

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Clearly the reason why villains keep being so sucsessful is because the government is utterly flawed. Really, is there any solid government in the Pokemon universe? The people are just asking to be conquered and destroyed, if they leave their fate in the hands of one kid. Even if it is demanded by plot.

FormeEon

The DNA Master
In Kanto, Team Rocket is kinda like the mob. They have people in high places letting them do what they want. (Like how some Silph Co. scientists worked for Team Rocket.) Then you beat Giovanni- making him retire to who knows where, before he goes to Tohjo Falls.
In Johto, Team Rocket being reborn was a rumor to most, even though you knew they were getting back together. Then when people had finally agreed it wasn't a rumor- it was too late. Goldenrod City had already been captured with no way in or out. Then by the time it had been open- there was a hostage situation, so no police could get into the Radio Tower. Then you defeated Team Rocket and they escape.
In Hoenn, there wasn't much people could do about Team Aqua and Magma. At first the worst they did was steal the Devon Goods and a Pokemon- and that was one person. You can't arrest an entire gang because of one person. You couldn't arrest Team Aqua at the museum either- they were just... there. What could you arrest them for? Trespassing? In a museum? Then there was yet another hostage situation at the Weather Institute where the people inside probably couldn't communicate to the outside. But even if they could, the bridge to the nearest city, Fortree, was blocked. Even at Meteor Fall's nothing could have been done, for a meteorite could be anybodies property. They're bases were hidden pretty well too. They were gone before the police could arrive at the scene of the stolen submarine. The only real time they could have been arrested was when the Legendary Fight was happening, but I presume they were a little occupied at the moment. Then Maxie and Archie disappeared without a trace.
In Sinnoh, Team Galactic hid behind a ruse of gaining cosmic energy to create a better world, like a power company or something. Nobody knew what was going on at the time, except that they were a weird group who did strange things, and a few minor crimes that were fixed. But the Inter. Pol. sent Looker to investigate their suspicous activity and then the whole 'dimensional' thing happened and to put it basically, Cyrus disappeared.
In Unova, Team Plasma led others to believe they were a peace faring group, against pokemon abuse, albeit the few bad eggs in their team, so the police didn't think much of it. Looker was sent to investigate this though- but arrived late. Ghetsis disappeared, after being captured by Inter. Pol. and being resued by the Shadow Triad.

But to put it all basically, the Police had good reasons if they were to be put under the laws that we have in reality. But still- to let the Bosses of villanous groups go? Even when they easily could have had them in custody?(Especially when they had Ghetsis in custody...) Sigh.
5 villains never found. Wonder what happened to them?

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
There weren't any police involved in the exploits of Team Plasma, besides Looker. The government is apparently very weak in the Pokémon world

Battlestar

TRC Boss
However, there was a International Police operative on the S.S Anne in FireRed. But what happens he stays on it and sails away!!!!

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
One problem... Mew is the ancestor of all pokemon. Arceus created the universe, and therefore created Mew. And yet, somehow, Mew is Arceus's ancestor.

Also, do you think there's a law against religious cults? It wouldn't matter anyway, the police are obviously incompetent in the pokemon world.
;251; Celebi. Simple as that. Arceus created celebi and mew, celebi took mew back in time before the arceus egg, and mew layed the egg. Mew and celebi return to own time. Egg hatches into arceus, he creates the universe, inculding mew and celebi. That may be the only reason a pokemon as dangerous to the space-time continuum as celebi exists.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Apparently, the law clearly sates that-"If there is a boy or girl who is fighting off an evil organization, and police must gather at the nearest Dunken' Doughnuts Shop."

The Outcast

Terminate421
One should understand that Gun Powder doesn't exist in the pokemon world.

Law Enforcement? I guess its like Texas in the 1910's, everyone has a gun, and everyone takes law enforcement into their own hands

PokemonLeagueChamp

Team Aero Leader
Maybe they were busy taking on the evil groups in places you don't see, throwing a few patrols out here and there. But let's keep in mind, all hardened criminals will tremble in fear of 12 year olds.

Mevejuma

One should understand that Gun Powder doesn't exist in the pokemon world.

Law Enforcement? I guess its like Texas in the 1910's, everyone has a gun, and everyone takes law enforcement into their own hands

You don't need gunpowder to have law enforcement, if that's what you are implying. Most standard police officers here in the UK do not have a firearm, and I'm sure plenty in other places around the world do not.

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
In Unova, Jenny seems most concerned about a driver driving past a bridge in foggy weather. :611:
And Team Rocket is sucking the life out of the Dreamyard, and she's most concerned about sleeping pokemon.;491;
I'm surprised Brock likes them. I really am.;289;
Lawless ghost town, them pokemon worlds are.:club::confused:

crazysteve1001

How can you hate it?
I saw some post awhile back on a different forum that talked about how crappy the economy is in pokemon, and how crappy the police are. I really hope that in a new game, they implement a prison where you can battle dailey inmates. Like the battle domes.

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
There's a policeman outside the Daycare in HG, and I made the "mistake" of passing him. And he's just like "argh go pokeball" and I KO'd him fast. And he's like "you're pretty tough".

I bet he was the one who was put in charge of Goldenrod's Hostage Situation:

'Oh, the trainer Lyra has been sent groaning to the Pokecenter. She barley made it out alive. Someone go give her a lollipop."
"But Boss, we can't enter. Goldenrod is sealed very securely."
"So?"
"Our supplied pokemon are measly and we were sent home crying to our Mommys."
"While you're at it, pick up a bouquet at the Goldenrod Flowershop. It's my wife's birthday."
*slaps forehead* "But we CAN'T enter."
"I'll get it MYSELF. Sheesh, the police force can't do ANYTHING."
"Hi, Mr. Police! Would you like some Slowpoketail?"
"Not now, I'm--- Hey, that looks pretty good..."
About 5 hours later, Daycare Officer arrives in Goldenrod. I run up to him. "The Radio Tower is Safe again."
"All thanks to my fast actions and--" *heroic music plays, then sputters* "The Wonder Johto Police Force!"
*slaps forehead*
And while Lance and I raid their HQ, the force is trying to fix their heroic soundtrack.
And while Ho-Oh descends from the sky, there is no examination. Seriously? There's a LEGENDARY descending from a rainbow and you can't even look at the sky? And Eugine the Suicine Stalker is basically a wacko maniac chasing a Legendary and battling innocent kids because they saw it. And the cops are "la de de de da".
"Looks like Ho-Oh was hit by an arrow here, and Suicine, Raikou, and Entei fought off Zekrom and N here, to be plunged into the waterfall HERE, pinning and drowing Lugia."
"You know what I did last time this happened? A bunch of doughnuts. In fact, whenever I get a call I buy doughnuts and coffee. And the lines are so long by the time I'm done with lunch Lyra/Ethan/Ash/SomeRandomTeen has solved the problem."

Battlestar

TRC Boss
This is easily my favorite thread of all time. The police are a joke the only place that has a somewhat good police force is in pokemon rangers

JamiSings

Yes, the police are pretty useless, but I think the most useless one is the mom! There she is, a single mom who's only child is taking on organized crime by his/herself and what does mom do? Go out and buy berries with her kid's money and calls them about it while the kid is sneaking around trying to beat the bad guys!

If anything, the police should be investigating mommy dearest. There's something wrong with a woman who doesn't care that her kid is putting their life at risk!

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
Haha, I just noticed this article from Smogon Smog, their monthly magazine:

http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue15/syndicates

It's really interesting, about the criminal teams of Pokemon and the 'rating' they get. Kinda makes you wonder how pathetic the police are if we're rating the team about HOW successful they are. Not IF they're successful; HOW successful they are :eek:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
In Kanto, Team Rocket is kinda like the mob. They have people in high places letting them do what they want. (Like how some Silph Co. scientists worked for Team Rocket.) Then you beat Giovanni- making him retire to who knows where, before he goes to Tohjo Falls.
In Johto, Team Rocket being reborn was a rumor to most, even though you knew they were getting back together. Then when people had finally agreed it wasn't a rumor- it was too late. Goldenrod City had already been captured with no way in or out. Then by the time it had been open- there was a hostage situation, so no police could get into the Radio Tower. Then you defeated Team Rocket and they escape.
In Hoenn, there wasn't much people could do about Team Aqua and Magma. At first the worst they did was steal the Devon Goods and a Pokemon- and that was one person. You can't arrest an entire gang because of one person. You couldn't arrest Team Aqua at the museum either- they were just... there. What could you arrest them for? Trespassing? In a museum? Then there was yet another hostage situation at the Weather Institute where the people inside probably couldn't communicate to the outside. But even if they could, the bridge to the nearest city, Fortree, was blocked. Even at Meteor Fall's nothing could have been done, for a meteorite could be anybodies property. They're bases were hidden pretty well too. They were gone before the police could arrive at the scene of the stolen submarine. The only real time they could have been arrested was when the Legendary Fight was happening, but I presume they were a little occupied at the moment. Then Maxie and Archie disappeared without a trace.
In Sinnoh, Team Galactic hid behind a ruse of gaining cosmic energy to create a better world, like a power company or something. Nobody knew what was going on at the time, except that they were a weird group who did strange things, and a few minor crimes that were fixed. But the Inter. Pol. sent Looker to investigate their suspicous activity and then the whole 'dimensional' thing happened and to put it basically, Cyrus disappeared.
In Unova, Team Plasma led others to believe they were a peace faring group, against pokemon abuse, albeit the few bad eggs in their team, so the police didn't think much of it. Looker was sent to investigate this though- but arrived late. Ghetsis disappeared, after being captured by Inter. Pol. and being resued by the Shadow Triad.

But to put it all basically, the Police had good reasons if they were to be put under the laws that we have in reality. But still- to let the Bosses of villanous groups go? Even when they easily could have had them in custody?(Especially when they had Ghetsis in custody...) Sigh.
5 villains never found. Wonder what happened to them?

-Giovanni basically fled, probably because the government would've gotten wise to his dealings. As with his executives, they could've gotten arrested. I think that the main reason Giovanni was so important was because he protected the team from the government. Team Rocket would've been a lot less organized without him
-Archie and Maxie would've turned themselves in and do fitting community service. They could currently be scientists, researching their respective fields
-Cyrus is probably dead to most people. He vanished into the Distortion World, a universe which no-one was sure even existed. And he'll probably stay there until the end of time. Or at least until he makes good on his plan of becoming a nihlisitc god
-Ghetsis managed to slip through his captors, thanks to his ninjas. I think this is gearing up for a sequel(and, considering he got the creation orbs, this plan will be big). Hopefully, we'll finally see this monster get what he deserves(well, arrested, since what he deserves is a fate worse than death)

Team Cipher, however? It's been established that Orre is basically the scourge of the Earth, and no-one wants to touch it with a ten-foot pole.