• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillies

I tried chain fishing but my chains are always broken.

All it take is practice and patience. The worst part is when you are trying for a certain pokemon and it gives you something else. I think I ended up with 15 or 20 shiny Poliwhirl before getting the shiny Dragonair I was looking for.

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
I've had amazing luck with chain fishing, both in XY and ORAS. All together, I've gotten 2 Feebas, 2 Staryu, 3 Clauncher, (mainly traded for shiny Skrelp/Dragalge) 1 Luvdisc, 1 Dratini, 1 Poliwag, and probably a few more that I can't remember. As for the radar, zero luck. I found a shiny Pancham while hunting Furfrou, so that one was just as random as any other regular encounter. I might try to brush up my skills with the radar eventually, but so far my experiences with it have been nothing but frustrating.

Takeshii

I was actually preparing to post something about how I've been chain fishing for an hour without anything. Probably had a 40-50 chain when I encountered a shiny Basculin! Truth be told, I was looking for a Dratini. But it still gave me an amazing when I saw the sparkles. :D

Kind of suprised to see the sparkles since it's not that different from the normal form I've been looking at for a while.

EDIT: And then I found a shiny Gyarados too!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.